{'en': 'NEW IN MEDRORONIC SENSOR', 'es': 'Nuevo en sensor enlite Medtronic'} Image

NEW IN MEDRORONIC SENSOR

pverde's profile photo   03/12/2017 1:46 p.m.

Thanks again @sigsauer and @MJSM !!!The contract is annual, true, that is why perhaps the lengthening is also not an obsession, except to think that the renewal of the contract could be a little later and not necessarily a year, that I do not know if they would put the same conditions if notYou renew it just a year.Of course, in my case I do not know if for next year I can afford it since for this the gathering has left us very badly.
And @MJSM, I already understand you about putting the sensor one day before but ... Is it enough the night before and change it in the morning or better exactly 24 hours before?For looking for greater precision.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
05/19/2017 8:40 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

@sllf better 24 hours before

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 9:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@MJSM is that I was thinking about Guardian Connect because you don't have to buy a receiver, a penalty that I miss the iPhone that is for what is now application, but I think if you can stretch 2 weeks the sensor is a very good option becauseDo not invest in receiver.- Thanks for the information.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/19/2017 9:50 p.m.

@sigsauer, I have reached the sensor 18 days, although I was still working well.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 10:06 p.m.

mjsm said:
@sigsauer, I have reached the sensor 18 days, although it kept working well.I took it because I considered that I had been using it for a long time.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 10:07 p.m.

Well, my experience with the sensor is good.More or less it has coincided with capillaries (even calibrating very high and with a trend up or down).Of course, lengthen it only 9 days the one that most, the penultimate just 6 days and the last one (it must be for the lipodystrophy that I commented on the other thread) did not last a day.I suppose it can also be put in the area above the buttock, which would be an option for me since the cannula I put it here last night and it is perfect, neither pain nor uncomfortable.Anyway, now I carry a free and in terms of measurements more or less the same.But about the Medtronic sensor I have no complaint, maybe they could last anymore, but I have not tried other areas, only in the belly and I have not been able to extend the useful life.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
05/19/2017 10:25 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

@irenemv My educator told me that although Medtronic advises the barrriga in principle, there is enough interstitial liquid: belly, abdomen, back above the ass and arms area.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/20/2017 8:58 p.m.

My son carries this sensor and what happens to us very often is that when the filament is inserted it comes when the needle protector is removed and after 2 hours of start, he does not find the sensor and start again.As for lengthening the duration I do not consider it because I put two adhesives and remove them and put others seems impossible mission.

pco's profile photo
pco
05/25/2017 2:25 a.m.

mjsm said:
sllf regarding the sensor a day before, I mean that when the sensor I put on it comes to its fifth day I put a new sensor and not active becauseI have activated the one I carry.
What I do is put it on and protect it with a gauze and fixomull and when the sensor that I have activated I take the old man, I recover the transmitter and placed it in the new and active.
And it never happened to you that when the needle protector is removed, the filament is coming, but you do not find out until the two hours of initiation go by ...
I did not see anyone to happen to us and yet it happens to us on many occasions, I do not know if I will do something wrong or there is any trick

pco's profile photo
pco
05/26/2017 1:23 a.m.

@Pco, this has never happened to me that you say that when the needle protector has left the filament.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/28/2017 7:04 a.m.

Has anyone tried the sensor in the leg? I think by the thigh up.In the area above the buttock I do well and it is not seen (thinking of beach and pool) but I would like to alternate with another place that is not seen, as it could be in the thigh up.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
06/30/2017 4:36 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!

Well, I answer myself since it seems that nobody has experience in putting it there.The measurements with respect to the capillary, I have detected that it has more differences than in other places, although these have always been in high values ​​(greater than 180), due to low values ​​it has never given me a high figure when the capillary is in hiccup.Do not obsess with the sensor figures and get carried away by this, making their daily calibrations (I calibrate before meals) and there to observe it.
On the other hand there is the issue of comfort and if it takes off.For me it is the most comfortable place to take from all I have tried, in addition to always being hidden.The sensor resistance is the best of all sites, perhaps because in that area it also sweats less, I have tried it bathing in pool and also ok.
Greetings!!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
07/05/2017 7:41 a.m.

Hello, it is giving me problems because it takes off in the pool.What do you do to avoid it?

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
07/05/2017 8:44 a.m.

@Rafaza I, as I have put before, have been bathed in pool without incident for two days, in addition to this sensor that I carry in my leg, I do not cover it with more apt than those I bring, that is, I did not add Hydrofilm as I have doneIn others.It only carries the Skin Tac before putting it and that's it.Of course, as we know, it loses the signal during the bathroom but recover it again when you leave the water a few minutes later, although yesterday I had to give it to reconnect sensor to recover the signal, which before yesterday did not need it since it connected againonly.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
07/05/2017 10:51 a.m.

@"Rafaza"
The adhesive of the stickers they give with the sensors gave me reaction.I solved it by putting the stickers and above the tegaderm.With this it has done well until the heat, the pool and the beach has arrived.I began to take off the sides the stickers and the tegaderm.To solve it I tried kinesiological tape, I bought it in the Decathlon.I cut a rectangle that covers the sensor and round the tips.With this I do not take off and also the sensor does not look so much.

Maik_dyk's profile photo
Maik_dyk
07/05/2017 12:32 p.m.

DT1 desde los 25 años, debut el 2004.
Ultima glico 5,8 (Mayo 2018)
ISCI Medtronic 640G + CGM Enlite

OK, thanks a lot.The former did not take off and I didn't carry anything, but the last one came up to cover it with Tegaderm and when it took off this dragged the entire sensor with a day and a half of use.

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
07/05/2017 1:11 p.m.

Well I comment a couple of things:
1.- I have changed the area of ​​putting the sensor for hiding it these days of bathrooms on the beach.Now I put it in the leg but not in the same place where I put it at the beginning, that is, in the upper and front of the thigh, where I noticed many differences with the capillary, in front of the discretion and being hidden with the swimsuit.Now I put it in the same thigh and up but in the external lateral area of ​​the leg.The results with the capillary (when there are no arrows) are almost nailed, in addition to not being seen and the discretion is the same.In fact it is even more comfortable to sleep and other situations, so I will continue to put it there even in times that there are no bathrooms.
2.- Important !!!!!The adhesion!I have found the ideal product for which we sweat very much exercising, for bathrooms, etc., etc.These are the kinesiological tapes, specifically, the brand is cure tape sport (it has the normal cure tape, which is something cheaper, but I lean for sport since they sell that they have greater adherence) and I bought it in Fisaude (byInternet, search) at the price of 12.95 + shipping costs of 4.75.It is a 5 -meter roll with a 5cm width.THE RESULT: PERFECT !!!I have endured running both outside and inside in running tape, swimming bathrooms and beach, let's go !!!and the 6 days of use of the sensor (for those who use dexcom or freestyle who last longer I do not know if it will endure so many days but it gives me yes. I use it without even putting the Skin Tac wipes before and with only oneOnly film of those who come with the sensors ... and it endures me perfectly without detachedFIN, let's go !!

I have already commented on another thread, but I repeat it here.It seems that I have found the most comfortable and discreet sites to carry both the pump catheter and the Enlite sensor: the catheter in gluteo (above) and the sensor on the outside of the thigh (also above).Using the Cure Tape Sport in the sensor, very important.
Hopefully my comment serves someone.
Greetings!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
08/25/2017 12:14 a.m.

Hello everyone, !!I am Daniela from Argentina, Mama de Tomás of 5 years with type 1 diabetes, soon we will have the Dexcom G5, my son is very skinny and with the Iport it is difficult for us to locate it because we do not find fat !!Any experience with the Dexcom?How long do the transmitters last and how much the sensors?Thank you!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/25/2017 4:19 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76" There are people who get the Dexcom
In the arm and they do very well and lengthen the lives of the sensors working well.I have seen people who have lasted 3/4 weeks.
The duration of the transmitter in the G5 is 3 months, but I no longer know if someone has been able to lengthen it.
Search the forum issues because there are surely open issues that speak specifically about Dexcom.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/25/2017 5:39 a.m.

@"SLLF" Thank you very much for the information.I will try to put a sensor in that area.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/25/2017 5:42 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.