{'en': 'NEW IN MEDRORONIC SENSOR', 'es': 'Nuevo en sensor enlite Medtronic'} Image

NEW IN MEDRORONIC SENSOR

pverde's profile photo   03/12/2017 1:46 p.m.

Hello guys, I am a good Pverde I tell you my experience with the Medtronic Enlite sensors I only have the subscription last week or one of two or I am very silly or this is shit like a large copy.

I have had the free since last year and on the advice of the nurse I have hired this I have to say the positive is that he has stopped 2 hypos, otherwise very bad measurements of throwing himself all night stopping at 50 and looking at me capillary and 300.

Reading failures with the sensor, the Rollazo of the calibrations, J *** R to have to click all day and then wait 2 hours to calibrate then go mojon ...

Is it a m ** rud this?Tell me your opinions the truth, I give you 2 more sensors if I will not cancel the contract.

How are you going to you?

pverde's profile photo
pverde
03/12/2017 1:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it seems that nobody has it here. It speaks very well about Dexcom.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2017 4:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @pverde, to see if someone who has Medtronic can help you ... According to comparisons it is less accurate than Dexcom and the learning curve is slower, that is, I require more time to take advantage of him.But I don't know exactly what you have to learn ... I suppose you will have to know when to calibrate so as not to spoil it ...

Of course the Dexcom goes like a shot.But it is also true that there are very happy people with Medtronic ... Let's see if any of Medtronic answers you.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/15/2017 7:33 a.m.

I am waiting to get into Enlite but I can't help you, rather I will help me with others.People speak wonders of Dexcom, to see if someone tells us the experience.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/15/2017 8:18 a.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

Hi @pverde,
I have been using the Enlite sensor since October last year.Before he wore the freestyle.The truth is that the process of insertion of the sensor and starts is much more cumbersome than the freestyle.You have to take into account the two hours of initiation that coincide with periods of glycemic stability.The first day is not very fine, then if you calibrate well, it is generally acceptable.

In the last sensor I put on the sensor in the morning and made the transmitter change in the afternoon, the idea is that the filament is a little more and that is necessary from the beginning.It didn't work very well.In the next I will try to have it more time.

Another problem that may be are calibrations, it is calibrated with the hair glycemia meter.These meters also have their mistakes.There are times that the capillary measure with that of the interstitial varies.In these cases I before calibrating directly, I wash my hands and repeat the capillary again in the other hand to make sure I calibrate with the correct measurement.If you do not do this you can be calibrating with the incorrect measure and the next time you look at hair glycemia there may be a lag.

We must also calibrate, in theory, between 140 and 70 without tendency arrows.

In short, my experience is good although there are days that would throw it out the window.:-) A malfunction of the sensor can take to the pump stops when it does not touch and be a tapest tad than we would like.

If you have more doubts, ask,

Greetings

Maik_dyk's profile photo
Maik_dyk
03/15/2017 8:37 a.m.

DT1 desde los 25 años, debut el 2004.
Ultima glico 5,8 (Mayo 2018)
ISCI Medtronic 640G + CGM Enlite

And how much do the sensors last?On the manufacturer page he puts 6 days I think I remember but I don't know if it will be like the Dexcom that can be extended.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/15/2017 12:57 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

Irenemv said:
and how long do the sensors last?On the manufacturer page he puts 6 days I think I remember but I don't know if it will be like the Dexcom that can be extended.

In this we are a world, it also depends on the area where you put it on.
The average is usually two to three weeks.To my particularly 3 to 4 weeks.But in this forum you have people who last for me 2 weeks have lasted up to 5 and 6 weeks.
And for other networks there are people who have lasted them much more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/15/2017 1:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The 3 or 4 weeks literal sensors ???
Well, tell me, you do it because 6 days last for me and little more

pverde's profile photo
pverde
03/15/2017 2:11 p.m.

pverde said:
literal sensors 3 or 4 weeks ???
Well, tell me Coml you do it because 6 days last for me and little more

Sorry I thought you were referring to those of the Dexcom, sometimes it happens to me that I carry too many things in my head !!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/15/2017 2:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

That has missed.So only 6 days?

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/15/2017 2:53 p.m.

If Irene

pverde's profile photo
pverde
03/15/2017 3:03 p.m.

I think someone has extended it to 9

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/15/2017 3:52 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, what a difference with the Dexcom, I will tell my experience.They put it to me next Tuesday.Perhaps compensate for closed handle or maybe I go crazy because I do not add and end with what I should have done a year ago, buy me the Dexcom!I will tell you.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/15/2017 3:54 p.m.

Hi @irenemv!We have commented before about the 640g bomb and, as I have seen that you carry the MCG, I wantedEnd, you know that I will also ask for it.Thank you very much in advance and greetings !!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
05/19/2017 2:03 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Hello, I have been literate sensors for a year.
At the beginning and until you get used to putting the sensors it seems very cumbersome, but soon the calm caught him.
As you have told you, it is advisable to calibrate with values ​​from 70 to 140 and without arrows.But it also admits calibrations above 140 if you carry constant glycemias during the day and there are no arrows.
The duration of these sensors is 6 days, but they can lengthen.But with the annual contract it does not make much sense to do it either.
I am happy with this system, but one thing, the technical service to replenish damaged pieces, for example the transmitter, is a real chestnut.I spent a month without being able to use the measurement because Medtronic did not send me the transmitter after multiple calls, until I called them telling them that they had breached the contract and then the batteries were put.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 2:21 p.m.

Regarding the placement of the sensor, I put the new one day before when I have to make the change and measures me well from the first moment.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 2:23 p.m.

Thank you very much @MJSM !!Your information is very helpful!To make something else what you do, do you restart it?And ... to put the sensor one day before I don't understand very well, how do you do?

sllf's profile photo
sllf
05/19/2017 4:09 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

@sllf I do not use but because of what someone has put in another thread, remove the transmitter, load it and put it again as if it were a new sensor, to see if you get it because if you can lengthen 2 weeks, you could welcome you6 months contract that will be cheaper.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/19/2017 8:08 p.m.

Denied there, as Slgsauer has told you, remove the transmitter, load it and put it again as a new sensor.
I point out one thing and it is that in the system the contracts are annual, the one that offers you semiannual contract is the Guardian Connect system, which is the one that is independent to the pump.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 8:19 p.m.

SLLF regarding putting the sensor one day before, I mean that when the sensor I put on his fifth day I put a new sensor and I do not active because I have activated the one I carry.
What I do is put it on and protect it with gauze and fixomull and when the sensor that I have activated the old man, I recover the transmitter and placed it in the new and active.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
05/19/2017 8:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.