{'en': 'Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution', 'es': 'Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution'} Image

Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution

tigrecito's profile photo   04/25/2017 3:11 p.m.

isma said:
estimated tigrecitus:

In my opinion, the fruit is very bad for the control of diabetes;The reason is the fact that fructose does not need insulin to enter the cell.In conclusion, enter the cell we want or do not want, it is necessary or not.
I, not as any fruit.Eat real food, prevailing vegetables, meats, eggs and fish, in front of cereals and their derivatives as well as foods rich in starch (rice, potato, pasta) that also nutritionally provide little more than refined carbohydrates, which are not essential forThe diet, and in our case pernicious due to brutal glycemia increases they cause.The fruit must also be limited a lot because of its high fructose content, although there are more and less concentrated ..

I agree that the fruit complicates the matter as food rich in sugars (and with enough less vitamins and minerals that the majority of vegetables said by the way).But I do not understand what you say about fructose, if I did not need insulin to enter the cell, it would enter directly and not increase blood blood glucose, right?

tigrecito's profile photo
tigrecito
08/25/2018 3:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Finally, I have read all the articles in all languages ​​and what is clear to me of several website is that it is a short -term diet because it reduces muscle mass a lot and is designed for morbid obese and obese.

Hydrates reduction improves type 2 diabetes and type 1 but in many cases it produces ketoacedosis due to protein intake when being body in ketosis.It is complicated not to abuse certain protein foods in adequate proportions (8% max protein), 10% hydrates and 82% "good" fats
Most Keto recipes are based on eggs, avocado, cheeses and some nuts.I have seen little fish (only salmon, by the way), no fruit (only blueberries and strawberries), a little chicken and sausages.

Everyone can make the diet as you want, but the Keto diet is not the solution to diabetes.Eye, either what they give us when we debut in diabetes ... but at least it is more varied

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/26/2018 11:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What is pursueProtein, because blood glucose will also increase.
Cetoacidosis is a consequence of the absence of insulin, and not of protein intake, so in type 2 it is virtually impossible, and in type 1 only if it does not put a basal insulin, for example.
The muscle mass does not know where you have read it, what is lost is fat, and much ..

tigrecito
08/27/2018 8:21 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" like any other diet can be done well or badly and if you do not have knowledge better to go to a nutritionist who is responsible for giving guidelines so that there are no deficiencies.Many times these diets are badly understood and people spend the day eating meat and cheese and it is not that at all.The base is always the vegetable, it should be more or less half of what you eat.The protein must be adjusted to the person (it is not the same, someone sedentary as an athlete and is usually given in gr by kg of weight) and the rest good fats.The fruit is limited because otherwise you pass the amount of hydrate a day that is very little in keto (less than 50gr/day), if you do low carb yes you put more fruit.Low Car I think it was defined as less than 80gr to the day of hydrate, that gives you to put fruit without problem.
I agree that the ketogenic is fine for some period, because it is going very well to lose weight without going hungry and improving insulin sensitivity that is very important in type 2, but I personally do not always do it.It is not necessary to limit the hydrate so much to have the benefits of good control, with low carAt the right time and handle insulin.If it is okay to do any ketogenic period because that improves metabolic flexibility, insulin sensitivity and makes the body capable of using fat or glucose according to what it has available.That is very useful for sport because it allows sporting hours without affecting glucose.Thus it is not necessary to be eating all the time to avoid hypos and save glycogen for moments needed (anaerobic exercise).
The muscle mass, if you eat enough protein and do sports (especially strength) do not lose it.If you are sedentary you will lose muscle mass almost with any diet, to conserve or gain muscle mass, the sport of strength is essential.
And the low car is very varied, practically the only thing you suppress are at all sugar, flour, potato and rice and there are recipes with versions of dishes in which these ingredients are replaced by others (normally vegetables) that are so good or more thanThe original.The most difficult thing is bread, there is no low car version that is like the original but there is some very successful.For the rest you have all vegetables, fish, meats, eggs, nuts, natural cheeses and yogurts and fruits and legumes limiting amounts.
DR Bersntein proposes a diet that is not ketogenic as such because he recommends quite protein and part of the protein The body makes it glucose so you would not be in ketosis.Even so I see it more limited than necessary and there are things that are eliminated, than depending on the moment and the person can be eaten without glucose uploading anything (and this is personal opinion according to my experience because it depends on each person andof the control you want to get).He maintains his glucose in a very tight range around 80 (we have less than 5), and I think that it is not necessary so much, a range of 70-120 is a very good control and can be done perfectly without limiting so muchFood.In the end each one has to find a balance between the control he wants to have and what limits.What is clear that a 50% hydrate diet for diabetics (which also has no scientific basis) is not the most successful and controls the control.Then the yes to the other end and make ketogenic because it already depends on what each one wants.With ketogenic you will have perfect controls but there will be many things that you cannot eat.I personally prefer something intermediate, which is easy for me to carry and allows me controlsVery good even if they are not perfect with hardly any hypos and play sports without being eating all day.That is already a personal decision of each.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/27/2018 9:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a" Do you know any example of "realistic" Lowcab diet?And by realistic I mean adapted to the working world.I comment because I have been watching and for example for breakfast I have seen many things if, but some are overrepresented too complex for someone who has to wake up and go to work or meals that require an ingredient preparation before you need planning that forThe day to day is difficult to get

I would be interested an example diet throughout the week and from there to modify

All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/27/2018 10:42 a.m.

@"Juanlu83" Well, I don't know any, that would have to be a nutritionist surely that I put something adapted to your specific case.I can tell you a little as I organize.
Breakfast usually drinks scrambled eggs with a piece of avocado or cured cheese.You can also add spinach or any other vegetables and make French omelette.I do the eggs in the morning because it is 5 minutes but you can always leave the tortilla made of the previous day.It is also very good to make a natural yogurt with chia seeds and nuts (you can add some sugar -free cocoa or black chocolate pieces of more than 80% cocoa).You leave that in the fridge last night to hydrate the seeds and in the morning it is only to add the nuts if you want crispy.You can also put some blueberry or blackberries.And if you want to do something more elaborate because you leave it from the night before all ready and to put the mic and eat.There are sweet muffins recipes (normally blueberry or similar) or salty (some vegetables and ham) that are very good to have them for a few days.You can also have dinner leftovers, if you get used to seeing breakfast like one more food you don't care for breakfast a salad.To me personally what I feel most like the egg option.On weekends I do not usually have breakfast but a coffee alone but if one day I feel like it and I get up soon I get pancases or something more elaborate.
Then for the food I take tuper to work so I usually cook the weekend for the whole week.I make a couple of recipes and I have for the tuper from Monday to Thursday.I do different things everything based on vegetables and put protein meat.For example, I really like the eggplant lasagna, zucchini stuffed with meat, chickpeas in cooked, with vegetables or in salad, cauliflower rice with chicken, ... there are already a thousand recipes on the Internet.In dessert I do not usually wear anything although one day I take a yogurt if it is little food.Normally I take more main course and take a coffee from the machine and voila.
For dinners, I don't have a lotMicro that is 5 minutes, spinach sauteed with garlic, ... that I add grilled fish or one day meat and for dessert because some fruit with yogurt, peanut cream and cinnamon.The vegetables have them in Mercadona already cut in bags for the micro if you want it to be faster, then all those with oil, vinegar and salt and spices if you want and it is a quick and healthy dinner.Or you accompany yourself with sauteed vegetables, I do a lot of red, green pepper, onion and mushrooms or mushrooms.Also if I cook more things during the weekend because I heat something of what I have prepared and ready.
I am away from home from 9 in the morning to 9 at night during the week and does not prevent me from eating healthy and low in hydrates, it is just a matter of planning a bit what you are going to eat during the week and organizing.With dedicating Sunday morning to cooking and having a little organized what you are going to eat for the rest of dinner days you already have it.I buy the vegetables and salad by the weekend and endure me all week in the fridge and the meat and fish I usually freeze it and I am taking it as I need it and one day I pass to buy fresh for that day before going home.

Yessica_A
08/27/2018 11:49 a.m.

A good option to eat outside in the typical menu is first vegetable or salad + second meat, fish or eggs without potatoes (it can be accompanied by vegetables or salad) + coffee or infusion instead of dessert.Of course pushing with the knife, no bread!I do so almost daily

tigrecito
08/27/2018 2:58 p.m.

Link

tigrecito
08/27/2018 3:35 p.m.

tigrecito said:
Link

Hello, I don't know if you could put the second part of the article.Thank you

Jess's profile photo
Jess
08/27/2018 6:33 p.m.

Beware of ketoacidosis.Remember that HC are necessary to function.Few HC can be dangerous.Living in proteins is also bad for the kidneys, in the long run, of course.You have to eat everything but balanced and HC the necessary, control that 1 raction are 10HC and this is equal to 1 unit of fast.This is secret.There is no more.

Soniabennasar's profile photo
Soniabennasar
08/27/2018 8:25 p.m.

Link

jess said:
tigrecito said:
Link

Hello, I don't know if you could put the second part of the article.Thank you

I think it has not yet been published, we will have to be attentive ...

tigrecito
08/27/2018 9:24 p.m.

soundnnasar said:
care with ketoacidosis.
Ketoacidosis appears if you have no insulin in the body, that is, it happens to you if you forget to put your dose, HC commas or not, do lowcab diet or not

soundnnasar said:
remember that HC are necessary to function.Few HC can be dangerous. That is not entirely true, the typical example they put is that of the Eskimos, they do not take HC practically live from proteins and fats

soundnnasar said:
soundnnasar said:
living proteins is also bad for the kidneys, in the long run, of course.
This according to the last studies does not seem true either

soundnnasar said:
soundnnasar said:
you have to eat everything but balanced and HC the necessary, control that 1 raction are 10hc and this is equal to 1 unit of rapida.This is secret.There is no more.

That is the simplistic part of the equation, when you have been with that mantra for a while.

It does not affect the same 1HC of hydrates from rice that not 1hc of vegetable hydrates, just like the type of hydrate you have to put more insulin or less and the 1st are 10HC is fulfilled according to what hours, according to your lifestyle, according toIf you are sick, stressed, etc.If you put 10 insulin units to correct what you are going to eat, it is more possibly than failures (at the discharge or down) that if you put on 4, or 2. The problem of the counting by hydrates (after a long time wearing it) isthat the equation is not perfect:/

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/28/2018 9:29 a.m.

Nor can the average term be bad, nor many hydrates, nor much protein, nor many fats ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/28/2018 10:08 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Juanlu83 said:

If you put 10 insulin units to correct what you are going to eat, it is more possibly than failures (at the discharge or down) that if you put on 4, or 2. The problem of the counting by hydrates (after a long time wearing it) isthat the equation is not perfect:/

This is just what Dr Bernstein says in the chapter of the law of small number.In small quantities the error is smaller.According to the US, at least 20% error is allowed in the labeling so when we make the calculations how much more accumulated error product and the result can be any value in a very wide range even if you make the calculationsExact

What Neither The Ada Nor the Package Tells You Is That Food Producers are allowed to Margin of Error of Plus Or Minus 20 Percent In Their Labeling of Ingredients.Furthermore, Many Package Products - For Example Vegetable Soup - Canot Even Match This error Range, in Spite of Federal Labeling Requirements.So Even If you perform the needy calculations, your blood sugar after the meal can be off by a carbohydrate error of 5 mg/dl multiply by ± 30 grams (± 20 percent of 150 gm), or by a whopping ± 150 mg/dlFor Just This One Meal.If your target Blood sugar level is approximately 85 mg/dl, you’ve now a Blood Glucose Level Anywhere Between 235 mg/dl and 0 mg/dl.EITHER SITUATION IS Clearly Unacceptable.

Small Inputs, Small Mistakes.Sounds So Simple and StraightForward That It May Make You Want To Ask Why No One Has Toled You About It Before.Say That InstaD of Eating Pasta As The Carbohydrate Portion of Your Meal, You Eat Salad.If you estimate 2 cups of salad to total 12 grams of carbohydrate and are off not by 20 percent but by 30 percentage, that’s still an an uncertaint of only 4 grams of carbohydrate - a maximum potential maximum 20 mg/dl rise or fall in blood sugar.

And also the insulin absorption varies greatly and in large quantities the result is unpredictable.According to the study that speaks in 20 units there may be a difference of 7 which is a barbarity:

A Number of Years Aug, Researchers at The University of Minnesota Demonstated that if you inject about 20 units of insulin into your arm, you'll get on average at 39 Percent Variation in the Amount Make Makes It Into The Bloodstream From One Day to TheNext.They Found That Abdominal Injection Had Only at 29 Perent Avenge Variation, and So recommended that we use only abdominal Injection.On Paper That Sems Fine, But in Practice The Effects On Blood Sugar Are Still intolerable.Say You do Inject 20 Units of Insulin at One Time.EACH UNIT LOWERS THE BLOOD SUGAR OF A TYPICAL 150-POUND ADULT BY 40 MG/DL.A 29 Perent Variation Will Create A 7-Unit Discrepancy in Your 20-Unit Injection, which means at 280 mg/dl Blood Sugar Uncertainty (40 mg/dl x 7 units).The results is Totally Haphazard Blood Sugars and Complete a predictability, Just by Virtue of the Varying Amounts of Insulin Absorbed.Research and My Own Experience Demonstrate that the Smaller Your Dose of Insulin, The Less Variation You Get.For Type 1 Diabetics Who Are Not Obese, We’d Ideally like to see doses Anywhere From ¼ Unit to 6 units or at the must 7. Typically, You Might Take 3–5 Units In A Shot.AT these Lower DOSES, The Uncertainty of Absorption Approaches Zero, So That There Is no Need To Worry About Whether You Showd Inject in Your Arm or Abdomen or Elsewhere.

Yessica_A
08/28/2018 10:10 a.m.

Indeed @"yesssica_a", the law of small numbers is the key concept in this philosophy for diabetes, small doses, much better control ..

A consequence is that hyperinsulinemia is directly reduced, less insulin circulating, high blood insulin is demonstrating that it has pernicious effects: inflammation, cardiovascular damage, even relation to the appearance of some tumors.

In addition, weight loss is favored, if left over (insulin is the main agent causing body fat) and the dreaded insulin resistance is reduced, which is being seen that causes double diabetes in many type I diabeticsOver time (years of high doses of injected insulin end up causing type II diabetes).

tigrecito
08/28/2018 10:23 a.m.

As this man says ... it depends on his experience.Mine is different.
I use small doses, less than 4 units in main meals and uncertainty is not close to zero or by Asomo.

Yesterday 3 units of breakfast were water starting from 104 mg/dl eating 20hc stayed in 185 and I had to rectify with 2ud that only lowered me to 158, today with the same portions (20 GHC) I have put 4 units, seen how IIt was yesterday and because I got up with 158mg/dl and I have gone to Hip ... 60mg.

1ud of insulin does not rectify anything, and 2 units depend on the day or 30mg as 110mg.

Reasons: menstruation, ovulation, stress, disease, change of postvacational habits, honeymoon (sometimes my reservation goes and works) ....

The minimum law only applies to mathematical processes;Medicine is not mathematical, there are many variables in the equation that prevent giving a discreet result.

Regarding the weekly diets, I would change the pod vegetables for those of leaf that have less HC, the same as the lettuce by ecarola that has no hydrates.
Coffee with soy milk 0%sugar or rice also 0%.
The soy yogurts are 3G HC unit, Greeks and skimmed are 10g HC.The natural soybeans are 0% HC

@"Juanlu83" I have a 140g HC diet that gave me a debut picture but I changed it to about 90g HC suppressing lunch and snack, only 3 main meals.There are days of 70g HC or less.Still with low car I am going to hip as long as I do sports.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/28/2018 11:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" Each person is a world, but with lowcarb you are going to hip is because you surely have insulin for what you eat, or because the sport increases the sensitivity in great form (which is normal)

In theory (and I say in theory, because I have not reached that level) when you are at ketogenic level (with fat as fuel instead of the HC) the problem of descents doing sports should "disappear" (or at least influenceless) with a 140g lowcab diet you do not become in ketosis and continue to burn HC so the problem if there are decreases is the correction of insulin (and if the insulin you have it well for the rest of the day and only go down when you do sports andYou don't want to touch it, there is no other than having a supplement when sports is going to be done)

From what I have read Link athlete should be 100g

Logically everything depends clear, there are too many variables to give an exact answer, as always, I speak from my experience

All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/28/2018 12:18 p.m.

Today's food example:
PREPRADRARIAL: 90 mg/dl
7 uds of insulin
Food: 1st dish: green beans with ham + second: 1 hake loin with brocoli and carrot garnish + small salad bol + 1 natural sweetened yogurt + water
Postprandial 1h: 116 mg/dl 2 h: 88mg/dl
I measure 1'78 and weight about 86 kg, with my previous "balanced" diet I would not need less than 12-13 units and the peak would not go to less than 130-140, at least ... most of the time followed byA good descent at 3 or 4 hours

tigrecito
08/28/2018 3:37 p.m.

@"Tigrecito" I would not be your previous balanced diet.The menu you have put is the one that gave me my endocrine when I debuted and according to what this Dr. is not Low Carb.

@"Juanlu83" I do not do Keto, like few hydrates, approximately 50-70 grams, but if you add that I am a woman subject to continuous hormonal changes, the theory goes to hell.I have hypers, hypos ... and I despair.I also have to say that I hate sport, I do nothing, before I was still but since the heat began ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/29/2018 6:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@"tigrecito" did not get your previous balanced diet.The menu you have put is the one that gave me my endocrine when I debuted and according to what this Dr. is not Low Carb.

Then my congratulations also for finding a doctor to the last one, who does not recommend bread, two or three pieces of fruit, paste -shaped portions or comprehensive rice, or the usual "sugar -free" products that I see in all the proposals ofDiabetics diet without exceptions ..
If you account for the hydrates that are there, I assure you that, except for the yogurt (which has few HC) it is as its proposal, to check it you have to read what it proposes, of course ..

tigrecito
08/29/2018 10:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.