{'en': 'Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution', 'es': 'Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution'} Image

Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution

tigrecito's profile photo   04/25/2017 3:11 p.m.

I have nothing against Dr.bernstein and everyone who follows the diets and feeds as it is convenient and does well but watching the videos that have uploaded and that are on YouTube in an office full of books and cachibaches, I recognize thatIt does not give me any reliability or trust, it simply seems to me another book seller such as the dietitian Dukan and his famous "Dukan Diet".It is evidently my opinion but I do not know any eminent researcher, doctor or surgeon to hang their research on YouTube.-

It gives me the impression that now everyone gets the title of dietitian and nutritionist via the Internet for the good and for the bad, "Diploma and graduates via web", but what each one said in their home and God in everyone'sS !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2018 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Everyone has their opinion but not giving credibility to someone just because it appears speaking in an office full of books and "cachibaches" I do not understand.The important thing is what it says where it says.Do not devote hours to record and lay out your videos so that they are pretty and simply connect a webcam and start talking does not make what it says has less value.
The sharing knowledge on YouTube, blogs and social networks is becoming increasingly common and there are many doctors and nutritionists who disseminate through social networks, blogs and YouTube with the sole purpose of helping people.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/23/2018 3:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

In fact, the one who has the videos on YouTube is an initiative promoted by the Typeonegrit collective so that all that information is maintained as a legacy, since it is already advanced.In addition, he dedicates an hour to answer questions monthly, he has the content of these seminars collected in a couple of quite fat ebooks.There is nothing more to read to realize that he knows what he is talking about.He is a doctor who has been working on diabetes for more than 40 years, few can say that, but he is also diabetic type I from childhood.

tigrecito's profile photo
tigrecito
08/23/2018 6:32 p.m.

Obviously @"Yesssica_a" I do not pretend that you understand it since it is my opinion, it would be missing!

I repeat that I do not know eminences in research or medicine that hang their studies on YouTube or social networks, on the contrary if there are people who want to have a short -term benefit, for every certain number of visualizations of yourVideos on YouTube there is already an economic benefit and if you sell your product because double benefit and surely who you want to simply help but in the society in which we are increasingly doubts.-

And I think I have put several times that "it is my opinion" and that I do not intend to "convince" anyone of anything selling my book, that we are already older.That each one is free to do or eat what he thinks convenient and with whatever he is or feels better !!This I think I have also put it several times, that this is not about "if you do not think how I is against me, that it is my opinion and I am not against anyone.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2018 6:34 p.m.

@"Sigsauer" Dr Berstein does not publish his investigations on YouTube, answer users' questions and give talks explaining different topics.And of course it is not the only one, much less, here is a doctor who tells you in this video youtube channels interesting about medicine focused on medical and health personnel students: Link and there are many more focused on the general public of Medicine, Science, ... even classes of the best universities in the world hang free on the Internet.
Today the dissemination is done by many channels and YouTube is a good platform for it.And the money that is earned on YouTube does not feed unless you have millions of reproductions.
Research is published in scientific journals and databases of scientific studies such as Pubmed.Nothing has to do with dissemination, scientific studies are focused on people with some knowledge of the subject.
And of course it is your opinion and I do not think you are against anyone.But it seems wrong that the work and knowledge of a person is discredited just because it makes videos on YouTube and sells books without even having read the book.I think that to criticize someone's work, the first thing is to know him.

Yessica_A
08/23/2018 7:19 p.m.

If “diet” was said or similar instead of “solution” it would be less critical, but then no one would listen to him and not sell books.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/23/2018 7:23 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Obviously I think I am hitting a concrete wall and there is nowhere to take it ..

Have you read me to criticize the work of Dr.bernstein at some point?I have criticized the medium but not the content !!!!
And I do not criticize the content because you are right, I have not read the book although I imagine that you only think and criticisms about issues of which you have extensive and in -depth knowledge so I am more calm ... Read websites and forumsOn the Internet and believe an expert in the field is valid to be able to comment or criticize ..?

If so, I think I could only comment on what I have studied and on my work, what boredom truth ..?

Without more, this thread for me is closed.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2018 7:43 p.m.

It is a solution and not "cure", it explains it, it is serious worth paying attention

tigrecito
08/23/2018 11 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
if "diet" or similar instead of "solution" would be less critical, but then no one would listen to him and not sell books.

If you had bothered even if it were only to read the full title of the book you would see that with a solution refers to a way to keep blood glucose controlled.The full title is "Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars".I think that title is clear that it does not intend to deceive anyone to sell more books making him think that it is a cure.
And it is not a book that speaks only of a diet, talks about everything related to diabetes.The diet is just a part, there is much more that speaks of insulins, complications, analytics, such as acting in the face of a disease, feet care, periodic reviews that you should do, sport with diabetes, ... it is one of the most complete books thanYou can find about diabetes regardless of whether or not you agree with the low hydrates diet.
You just have to look for the book index to see it:

PART 1 BEFORE YOU START

1 Diabetes: The Basics
2 Tests: Baseline Measures of Your Disease and Risk Profile
3 Your Diabetic Tool Kit: Supplies You Will Need and Where To Get Them
4 How and When to Measure Blood Sugar
5 Recording Blood Sugar Data: Using The Gluckaf III Data Sheet
6 Strange Biology: Phenomena peculiar to diabetes that can affirm Blood Sugar
7 The Laws of Small Numbers
8 ESTABLISHING A TREATMENT PLAN: THE BASIC TREATMENT PLANS AND How We Structure Them

Part 2 Treatment

9 The Basic Food Groups, or Much of What You've Been Taught About Diet is Probabry Wrong
10 diet Guidelines Essential to the Treatment of All Diabetics
11 Creating A Customized Meal Plan
12 Weight Loss - If you're overweight
13 How to Curbhydrate Craving or Overeating Using Self-Hypnosis or Low-Risk Medications
14 Using Exercise to enhance insulin sensitivity
15 Oral Insulin-Sensitizing Agents, Insulin-Mimetic Agents, and Other Options
16 insulin: The Basics of Self-Injection
17 IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VARIOUS INSULINS
18 simple insulin regimens
19 Intensive insulin regimens
20 How to Prevent and Correct Low Blood Sugars
21 How To Cope with Dehydracion, Dehydrating Illness, and Infection
22 Delayed Stomach-Emptying: Gastroparesis
23 Routine Follow-up visits to your physician
24 What You Can Expect Virtuall Normal Blood Sugars

Part 3 Your Diabetic Cookbook

25 recipes for low-carbohydrate meals
Appendix a What about the widely advocated dietary restrictions on fat, protein, and salt, and the current high-fiber fad?
Appendix b don't allow hospitalization or lengthy outpatient procedures to unpaid your blood sugar control
Appendix C Drugs that may apfect Blood Glucose Levels
Appendix D Foot Care for Diabetics
Appendix and PolyciSTIC Ovaraian Syndrome

In fact it has another one that is only diet called "The Diabetes Diet: Dr. Bernstein’s Low-Carbohydrate Solution."

Yessica_A
08/24/2018 9:55 a.m.

I should say "Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars". Continuing with insulin injections.

They always omit the most important (unique).Because so, they seem to say that if you do what they say you will be able to normalize blood glucose, without needing exogenous insulin.

And seeing the index, it seems the typical diabetes book, with the typical tips and typical things that tell us in diabetological education.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2018 10:12 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Repeated

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2018 10:12 a.m.

Personal experience:

I have intertated by the Low CU diet because my biggest problem at the time of sugar control was the Russian mountains I had at eating (when eating the graph would be very much uploaded and then depending if I put the correct doseof insulin or not well, either I got too low and had to eat something or had it very high and had to wear more insulin)

The fact is that this couple of weeks I have done the test to follow a diet lowering the hydrates and the truth is that it could not have a better result, starting from the base that is a test and that I have not been all exaustive to beIt requires the differences have been notable: a much more stable graph and less insulin to the point that in some meals I have not needed quickly.

In principle I will continue testing, focusing a lot on riding a food plan so that there is no lack of food, in principle I do not consider making a ketone diet but still a lowcab diet if you can benefit me

PS: I attach as an example the last graphs of the controls, I started with the lowcab system on August 15 since it coincides with the sensor change.Only a couple of importing annotations: first the data of the days before August 15 have an imbus of 50 to the rise (the sensor was not very fine) that is to say that the graph is 50 points above what marked the stripsCapillaries (200 glucose are actually 150) (from day 15 with the sensor change the graphics are valid) second: the anonations of the insulins should not be taken to a rajatabla because it has ever happened to add them to the free, butYou can make a general idea

The truth is, I am seriously buying the book:/

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/24/2018 1:38 p.m.

@"Juanlu83" The improvement of the peaks in the graphs is great and surely with some more time you improve much more.I follow Low Carb Food just because of that, you eliminate the peaks and that gives you a lot of peace of mind of not being correcting or eating for the hypos.

The book is worth it, many things are learned.Even if you are not going to follow your nutritional plan to the letter (many do not do it) it is very good.I personally as more hydrate than he proposes and still have very flat graphics and with few hypos.With the free you can control very well what things give you peak and which no and adapt the diet.Also in what moments you can put more hydrate without having peak.In my case after sport I can eat more hydrate without getting from 120 and I take advantage of those moments to put fruit for example.
Anyway before buying it, enter your page (diabetes-book), which have hung some chapters and so you can take a look before deciding if it is worth buying.

Yessica_A
08/24/2018 2:18 p.m.

Congratulations Juanlu_83 !!Indeed, it is the main effect, eliminate Sierra peaks, both above (less hypers) and below (less hypos and softer).

A similar and somewhat less aggressive approach is that of Adam Brown and his book "Bright Spots and Landmines", you can read your articles on the Diatribe website:

Link

tigrecito
08/24/2018 4:50 p.m.

Due to the nutritional deficiencies you should not worry, this approach seeks what is called nutritional density: to base the food on natural products eliminating the defendants.Eat real food, prevailing vegetables, meats, eggs and fish, in front of cereals and their derivatives as well as foods rich in starch (rice, potato, pasta) that also nutritionally provide little more than refined carbohydrates, which are not essential forThe diet, and in our case pernicious due to brutal glycemia increases they cause.The fruit must also be limited a lot because of its high fructose content, although there are more and less concentrated ..

tigrecito
08/24/2018 4:56 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
should say "dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: a Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars". Continuing with insulin injections.

They always omit the most important (unique).Because so, they seem to say that if you do what they say you will be able to normalize blood glucose, without needing exogenous insulin.

And seeing the index, it seems the typical diabetes book, with the typical tips and typical things that tell us in diabetological education.

If you have given you these tips in your unit, please share that hospital is because they are undoubtedly at the forefront in Dyabetology and Medical Nutrition

tigrecito
08/24/2018 5:01 p.m.

tigrecito said:
should say "dr Bernstein's diabetes solution: a complete guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars". Continuing with theInsulin injections.

If you have given you these tips in your unit, please share that hospital is because they are undoubted

At the Clinical Hospital of Barcelona, ​​20 years ago.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2018 7:22 p.m.

Dear companions:
How hard it is for our ego to recognize that we are wrong!Have to change our habits or customs (stop swelling of such addictive and pleasant hydrates).Anything before changing, right?

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
08/24/2018 9:04 p.m.

Wrong?

I and I suppose that all diabetics know always that it is best to eat very few hydrates until they almost eliminate them (it is simple logic) and never or almost never (some short seasons) I have done it.

It has only served me to feel guilty every time.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2018 9:24 p.m.

Dear tigrecito:

In my opinion, the fruit is very bad for the control of diabetes;The reason is the fact that fructose does not need insulin to enter the cell.In conclusion, enter the cell we want or do not want, it is necessary or not.
I, not as any fruit.Eat real food, prevailing vegetables, meats, eggs and fish, in front of cereals and their derivatives as well as foods rich in starch (rice, potato, pasta) that also nutritionally provide little more than refined carbohydrates, which are not essential forThe diet, and in our case pernicious due to brutal glycemia increases they cause.The fruit must also be limited a lot because of its high fructose content, although there are more and less concentrated ..

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
08/25/2018 2:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.