{'en': 'A question to those who know', 'es': 'Una pregunta a los que saben'} Image

A question to those who know

Emily's profile photo   06/03/2017 1:27 p.m.

Hello, before being diabetic I never had breakfast, just an orange juice, now to the pricking insulin in the morning I have to have breakfast, although the juices, neither natural nor packaged have forbidden, so breakfast a slice of whole wheat bread in thethat rubs half a tomatito and put on top of a skewwater.

Now, like this without hunger, and if I wake up late, as today, I walked breakfast with food, I would like not to have breakfast.Can?That is, can I not have breakfast and not click the fast insulin?Because if I wear the fast dose I have to have breakfast later to not go to hypoglycemia ...

The same happens to me many times with dinner, as without hunger, and there is nothing worse than eating obliged without being hungry;I was used to dinner 2 yogurts, or only fruit, and now I have to have dinner necessarily because if not, I cannot prick the insulin, and my dinners can no longer be fruit, with what I like, nor the two whole yogurts, theI do not like them ... What happens if I don't have a quick insulin, and I punctuate the slow to go to bed?I do not say that I do not want to have ever dinner, but there are days that God costs me and it helps to eat the vegetable with some potato pieces and the fish or egg, or the salad and the protein ...

Can anyone tell me?Thanks in advance.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/03/2017 1:27 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@"Emily", in principle and with a well -adjusted basal, you might not have breakfast and eat directly, and with respect to dinner and assume that the basal d the night is also well adjusted, I would risk saying that you can have dinner inFunction of your hunger and even do not have those hydrates if they do not feel like it and not put the fast insulin, but to this there are many nuances.For example, exercise in the afternoon forces you to dinner hydrates and fill your glycogen deposits to avoid a downturn at night.Another factor that you have to take into account is to spend many hours without consuming carbohydrates makes the body mobilize fat reserves as fuel, this combustion produces ketones, and the organism can enter ketosis, which is a potentially dangerous situationIn people with diabetes.With diabetes there is propensity to ketosis when there is not enough carbohydrate contribution in relation to body requirements (intense exercise, vomiting, fasting), but in some people than in others, due to predisposition.Have all this very much, I think you carry the free, if so, it will help.Check your doctor, and study well to see if you can find that balance, and some flexibility, there is nothing worse than eating by obligation.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
06/03/2017 1:59 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

ainhoa said:
@"emily", in principle and with a well -adjusted basal, you might not have breakfast and eat directly, and with respect to dinner and assume that the basal d d the nightIt is also well adjusted, I would risk saying that you can have dinner based on your hunger and not even have those hydrates if they do not feel like it and not put the fast insulin, but to this there is necessary to add many nuances.For example, exercise in the afternoon forces you to dinner hydrates and fill your glycogen deposits to avoid a downturn at night.Another factor that you have to take into account is to spend many hours without consuming carbohydrates makes the body mobilize fat reserves as fuel, this combustion produces ketones, and the organism can enter ketosis, which is a potentially dangerous situationIn people with diabetes.With diabetes there is propensity to ketosis when there is not enough carbohydrate contribution in relation to body requirements (intense exercise, vomiting, fasting), but in some people than in others, due to predisposition.Have all this very much, I think you carry the free, if so, it will help.Check your doctor, and study well to see if you can find that balance, and some flexibility, there is nothing worse than eating by obligation.

Thank you very much, I do not exercise, I have other health problems that prevent me;As for the basal, I put it at night, now I inject 26 u.And I get up in the morning above 170, I don't know if that is to take her well tight ... Why is cetosis so bad for us?

I do not carry the Free, I have bought it to try it, I will try it in the month of July, now it is not worth it, they are doing me tests and I would have to take it off to be able to do them (they operate on June 14) and anyway I canUsing it promptly nothing more, it is too expensive for me.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/03/2017 11:34 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

Try dinner what you were used to, and wipe later, so you will know if you need insulin or not.
And with breakfast, the same, proves.
You have to live as much freedom as possible.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/04/2017 3:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Emily", about ketosis:
Link
Link

imara's profile photo
imara
06/04/2017 9:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Emily, you can dinner perfectly as you did before but adjusting the fast to the fruit you eat and the day you are not hungry do not click you quickly and that's it, or if you have it peronus you want hydrates, do not eat them and do not click you.
As @Ainara told you, it is not about not eating HC to save your puncture because the body needs them, it is what gives energy but you can do without them at certain meals.
You have to adapt insulin to T U lifestyle not vice versa because if not this is very uphill.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/04/2017 1:12 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

regina said:
Try to dine what you were used to, and wipe later, you will know if you need insulin or not.
And with breakfast, the same, proves.
You have to live as much freedom as possible.

Well, I have been forbidden to eat Greek yogurt and fruit too, only a small piece and always after meals.And the yogurt one and skimmed;I don't like skimmed, I prefer not to eat yogurt ...

I am always high, if I have to click before, if I have used what I was used to, starting from that I am high, I am going to put in the clouds if I like a bowl of cherries, for example, for dinner ...

How complicated is this!

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/04/2017 3:27 p.m.

You will have to climb the basal, if you are always high.
When you wake up well, lying good, you can start adjusting quickly
Why the Greek yogurt, right?For fat?And the fruit?
Very restrictive everything.I don't understand why.
The most important thing is to adjust insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/04/2017 3:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

gala said:
@emily, you can teach fruit perfectly as you did before but adjusting the fast to the fruit that you eat and the day you are not hungry do not punish yourself quickly and it is alreadyYou have perono you want hydrates, do not eat them and do not click.
As @Ainara told you, it is not about not eating HC to save your puncture because the body needs them, it is what gives energy but you can do without them at certain meals.
You have to adapt insulin to T U lifestyle not vice versa because if not this is done very uphill.

No, if I have not thought to stop eating hydrates so as not to click, just the hydrates are what I like most, and it is precisely what restricted me, it is anecdotal the amount that they let me eat ...:/ I have the vegetablesAlso restricted, proteins, which is what I like least, 100 - 150 grams nothing more ...

With you I have learned that I must adapt insulin to me, but it is the opposite of what doctors tell me ... that I will change endocrine, to see if I find one that does not subject me to insulin, but now I am centered on myNext operation, and in a new health problem that lurks me, my head does not give me more ...

Thank you so much.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/04/2017 3:36 p.m.

imara said:
@"emily", about ketosis:
Link
Link

Caray, thank you!:-

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/04/2017 3:39 p.m.

regina said:
you will have to climb the basal, if you are always high.
When you wake up well, lying good, you can start adjusting quickly
Why the Greek yogurt, right?For fat?And the fruit?
Very restrictive everything.I don't understand why.
The most important thing is to adjust insulin.

The Greek yogurt, for fat, has restricted all the fat.And the fruit for the sugar they contain.

I don't know, I go to bed high, I wake up high, and I'm upper all day.If you have to be between 80 and 120, I never lower values.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/04/2017 3:42 p.m.

@Emily because it is clear that you have to raise the slow one, go up one by one in one the labtus every 2 days until you are between those limits without having hypoglycemia.
Regarding the fruit when you learn to count rations you can eat it without problems.
Try to adjust the basal as @regina first says.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/04/2017 3:54 p.m.

Is Toujeo my basal, will it be the same as with Lantus?

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/04/2017 3:58 p.m.

@Emily, yes, the same but instead of making the changes every 2 days, do it every 3

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/04/2017 4:15 p.m.

Thanks @"gala" :)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/04/2017 9:03 p.m.

Hi @"emily", you raise several problems and you must go in parts, first try to solve the problem of hyperglycemia, gradually slowing the slow as Gala tells you.You do not say why the fruit has restricted you, I imagine that it will be a problem of overweight, but between taking a bowl full of cherries and not dinner, there are many intermediate states, it is about going with the fruit and the novorapid until reachingTo a state that you are well and does not upload the glucose.And with the yogurts, there are many yogurts 0; 0 both natural fruits that are very good, I also do not like the skimmed and take the natural of Mercadona who is made with partially skimmed milk and knows as a normal one.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/05/2017 12:56 p.m.

runing50 said:
hello @"emily", you raise several problems and you must go in parts, first try to solve the problem of hyperglycemia, gradually raising the slowly as the Gala tells you.You do not say why the fruit has restricted you, I imagine that it will be a problem of overweight, but between taking a bowl full of cherries and not dinner, there are many intermediate states, it is about going with the fruit and the novorapid until reachingTo a state that you are well and does not upload the glucose.And with the yogurts, there are many yogurts 0; 0 both natural fruits that are very good, I also don't like the skim and take the natural market that is made with partially skim milk and knows as a normal one.

Hi Runing, I have not taken my fruit, they have restricted it to the sugar they contain, they let me eat a small piece always behind a meal.

Before being diabetic, it used to have fruit, fruit alone, not a fruit after dinner.And I ate several pieces of normal size, if they were strawberries, a large breakfast bowl with orange juice, cherries the same, or a bowl of fruits.

The yogurts only ate them natural, Greeks.When there were no Greeks in Spain, I bought them in France, or ate some of Danone in the glass jar of us, we always without sugar, I do not like sweet.I never ate fruits or flavors because I don't like them, so now that I can't eat the yogurt that I like, I have been left without, as I tell you, fruits or flavors I don't like whole or skimmed.

Yesterday I punctured another unit of Toujeo and I got up taller than these days ago (?) I am very unstable, I do not know if I can regulate myself well ... see tomorrow ...

Thanks for your time.=

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/05/2017 1:08 p.m.

Take it easy, you'll see how you end up regulating you well.I have been with the toujeo and any small modification that I have made have been several days totally uncontrolled, so it only modifies the doses every 3 days (minimal) so that the body secludes.Once again controlled you can modify food intake little by little according to your liking, although with yogurts you have it difficult, surely the fruit can eat with more freedom, but you have to be at more normal levels.Keep in mind that there are people that fructose supports them very well and does not upload much but you will see that with time because each person is a world.Good luck with your June 14 operation.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/05/2017 4:21 p.m.

@"Emily", the effect of the Tougeo is the 2nd -3rd day, do not worry about today because of waiting 3 days to modify because before you do not see the results.
With the yogurts, I take the creamy activia 0% and they are quite good in fact with that of fruits of the forest as it is so creamy now in summer I put a stick of those plastic pole and the freezer and the frozen as in a frozen plan

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/05/2017 4:25 p.m.

runing50 said:
take it easy, you'll see how you end up regulating you well.I have been with the toujeo and any small modification that I have made have been several days totally uncontrolled, so it only modifies the doses every 3 days (minimal) so that the body secludes.Once again controlled you can modify food intake little by little according to your liking, although with yogurts you have it difficult, surely the fruit can eat with more freedom, but you have to be at more normal levels.Keep in mind that there are people that fructose supports them very well and does not upload much but you will see that with time because each person is a world.Good luck with your June 14 operation.

Thank you :)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/05/2017 7:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.