{'en': 'A question to those who know', 'es': 'Una pregunta a los que saben'} Image

A question to those who know

Emily's profile photo   06/03/2017 1:27 p.m.

Since I started reading your post I have taken my hands to my head, and they are still there.Look, you are the ideal candidate to learn to count rations and manage insulin based on what you are going to ingest.If a healthcare professional, today, restricts you with fruit intake, changes professional, is obsolete.The fruit is not harmless, it carries its good carbohydrate load, but it is worth adjusting insulin instead of restricting the fruit.
Nursing staff loves to put in front of the meter glass and plastic rations and there you manage.And the 5 meals per day, and the restrictions ... currently all that is entering the category of bulos, myths and embustches, and we are checking the influence of the food industry on beliefs so widespread that they have reached theprofessionals.
My advice is that you look for an endocrine that teaches you to take intensivI> of each meal.The idea that underlies your current treatment, eating according to the guideline you have prescribed, is quite obsolete.I would only apply it if you have serious sight limitations, fingers agility, or something very fat.It will assume a more intense learning effort, it will take longer to stabilize, but you will win in the fight against complications and facilitate your life when you go out to eat out there.
There are currently many blood glucose meters (for example, Freestyle's same) that allow you to calculate the insulin you need according to the expected intake of carbohydrates, use them.Before you have to program your insulin sensitivity, and for that you need the endocrine.
Diabetes is complicated and damn, but as you have already told you, it is a matter of reading, reading, experiencing what you learn about your body, and reaching a bearable situation.Courage, that you can.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
06/11/2017 1:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When reading your post, I see that you worry more about food than diabetes, questions several times if you can not have breakfast so as not to have fast insulin, and the same at dinner.
From my humble opinion you should not do it.The first thing that the endocrine or nurse has done is to change the food habits, we have to be more methodical with this, the five daily meals are essential.
So you explain to us you almost did not have breakfast, your body was used to living on the stored and that is not the most correct, your body should get used to spending the glucose that you give it at the time and not of the storage.It is very easy if I store, full of glucose my blood, my liver is filled with glycogen and also store fat.Not having insulin I can't use the stored and my body asks me for more.
I think that in the same way that you have to learn diabetic methodology you also have to re -educate your body in food and eat the five times they tell you is the best for you and your diabetes.
Greetings

Antonio lavado 's profile photo
Antonio lavado
06/11/2017 1:24 p.m.

Juanluis1957 said:
Since I started reading your post I have taken my hands to my head, and they are still there.Look, you are the ideal candidate to learn to count rations and manage insulin based on what you are going to ingest.If a healthcare professional, today, restricts you with fruit intake, changes professional, is obsolete.The fruit is not harmless, it carries its good carbohydrate load, but it is worth adjusting insulin instead of restricting the fruit.
Nursing staff loves to put in front of the meter glass and plastic rations and there you manage.And the 5 meals per day, and the restrictions ... currently all that is entering the category of bulos, myths and embustches, and we are checking the influence of the food industry on beliefs so widespread that they have reached theprofessionals.
My advice is that you look for an endocrine that teaches you to take intensivI> of each meal.The idea that underlies your current treatment, eating according to the guideline you have prescribed, is quite obsolete.I would only apply it if you have serious sight limitations, fingers agility, or something very fat.It will assume a more intense learning effort, it will take longer to stabilize, but you will win in the fight against complications and facilitate your life when you go out to eat out there.
There are currently many blood glucose meters (for example, Freestyle's same) that allow you to calculate the insulin you need according to the expected intake of carbohydrates, use them.Before you have to program your insulin sensitivity, and for that you need the endocrine.
Diabetes is complicated and damn, but as you have already told you, it is a matter of reading, reading, experiencing what you learn about your body, and reaching a bearable situation.Courage, that you can.

The problem lies in finding that endocrine that I agree with investing the method they have given me so far.Last Thursday I had a visit with the one I have now and told him about the sensitivity to insulin, and he told me that it was not reliable because the sensitivity is varying .... I also told him that I wanted to learn to do it backwards,Click on what I will eat, and he told me no.I told him that if I was not going to give me diabetological education, and he told me that I had a nurse for that before, but not because the mutuals do not want to pay it and it was a mess.And I am talking about an endocrine that visits the Teknon, the Forar@s of Barcelona will know what I mean.

Well, on Wednesday I enter the operating room and now I am centered on this, in addition to the preoperative tests they have given me very bad news regarding liver metastasis that 3 months ago did not exist, and I am bad and with a lot of anxiety, we will see how it turns outeverything, and how I am focusing diabetes with everything ..,

Thanks to everyone, a hug.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/11/2017 1:29 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

emily said:
hello: before with the old insulins you had to eat many times now there is no need what happens that at least make 3 meals a day.Sometimes breakfast at 7 and sometimes at 11 I put the quick when breakfast and if you don't want to have breakfast you don't put it on and ready.You have to learn to count carbohydrates if you are not forced to always eat what
Same and tb you put more or less insulin according to carbohydrates q commas

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
06/11/2017 6:59 p.m.

Emily, the nurse, gives the feeling of @que treats you as if you were type 2 and it is the opposite precisely at the time you put insulin especially you have to eat carbohydrates, they are fundamental.
Normally due to private medicine or insurers there is no role of educated, when I started in this as my father was an official I did not have SS and that you want me to tell you, in diabetes specifically it does not have color with the private, I advise you toGo to the SS even if you don't like it.
Now what you say, you have to gain strength, a lot of encouragement and recover as soon as possible !!!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/11/2017 7:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, everyone.

Emily, you just started diabetes, and you also have a series of added problems, (which we do not know what they are), and from here it is difficult to evaluate.

I think you should listen to your endocrine, since you will know better than us from here what you have to do.

On the other hand, telling you that I particularly when I started with my diabetes, they also put me a more strict diet than the one that I have today, 25 years later.

And it is also true, that over time, you will know how to go up and download units, what to do when you don't have breakfast, and what to do when you feel like fruit.

I am not to be very pleased with you, but I think you must first learn to walk, and then when you have security and well -strengthened bases, you can fly for yourself.

pelly's profile photo
pelly
06/12/2017 12:14 p.m.

gala said:
emily, the nurse, gives the feeling of @que treats you as if you were type 2 and it is the opposite precisely at the moment that you put insulin above all quickly you have to eat hydratesCarbon, they are fundamental.
Normally due to private medicine or insurers there is no role of educated, when I started in this as my father was an official I did not have SS and that you want me to tell you, in diabetes specifically it does not have color with the private, I advise you toGo to the SS even if you don't like it.
Now what you say, you have to gain strength, a lot of encouragement and recover as soon as possible !!!!

I already went to the SS, before going to the private one, I had several visits in the SS, as they did not want to send me to an endocrine, and the educator nurse told me what I put above, I looked for a private endocrine.

I can't go directly to an endocrine of the SS, if the header does not send me.

A hug

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/12/2017 2:03 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

pelly said:
good morning to all.

Emily, you just started diabetes, and you also have a series of added problems, (which we do not know what they are), and from here it is difficult to evaluate.

I think you should listen to your endocrine, since you will know better than us from here what you have to do.

On the other hand, telling you that I particularly when I started with my diabetes, they also put me a more strict diet than the one that I have today, 25 years later.

And it is also true, that over time, you will know how to go up and download units, what to do when you don't have breakfast, and what to do when you feel like fruit.

I am not to be very complacent with you, but I think you must first learn to walk, and then when you have security and some very consolidated bases, you can fly by yourself.

Thank you, to me this way of eating that they have given me, they have told me that it is for life, it will not change, so what I will do if I leave it, is to change endocrine.What remains of life I don't want to be more bitter because of diabetes and meals.I am always tired of eating the same and going hungry, and I'm just starting.I am not lucky with doctors.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/12/2017 2:09 p.m.

By the way, I put a complaint about the lack of material, needles and reactive strips, and it has not been of anything, they have answered me saying that I have understood it badly, that in the last collection they gave me 9 boxes of reactive strips (lie, lies,They gave me only 6) enough for 3 daily measurements, I measure myself more times, and that it is not possible that they do not give me enough needles for the feathers, that they do not say that we use a needle per pen.Lie too.

I put the complaint on the website of the SS of my community, a person of my ambulatory has answered me, and this morning I have answered this person with a letter certified with acknowledgment of receipt.I do not expect anything, I have already seen that denouncing anything serves, but at least I have vent in the letter;With education, that yes.

I want him to record, that at least here in Catalonia, it is useless.

Greetings.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/12/2017 2:20 p.m.

I encourage @"emily" for your operation.
When you recover I think you should go to a diabetic association.There they also give courses to eat by portions and adapt diabetes to your life, not the other way around.
I have read you and tell the same thing they told me.Retrogged nurse, anchored in the past that made me pass atrocious hunger.And I got very afraid.

Change home and that was what saved me when changing the health center.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/12/2017 4:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
encourage @"emily" for your operation.
When you recover I think you should go to a diabetic association.There they also give courses to eat by portions and adapt diabetes to your life, not the other way around.
I have read you and tell the same thing they told me.Retrogged nurse, anchored in the past that made me pass atrocious hunger.And I got very afraid.

Change home and that was what saved me when changing the health center.

Thank you :)

I have looked at the association of diabetics here, its website, and I don't see much, I will look again.

A little drastic to change your home to access another SS outpatient, hahaha ... I'm glad you will find a better educator.

Greetings

Emily's profile photo
Emily
06/12/2017 7:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.