{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1, como hacer vida normal??'} Image

Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?

fer's profile photo   06/28/2017 11:19 a.m.

I share a message of @"ajm" after having commented with her, I think we will help her better among all.

Hi Fer ... Thanks for being there ... I need you to give myself some advice or go crazy.

My life has changed for a year that I have type 1, before I was a strong, cheerful girl, brave, wanting to live and without routines, now I have become insecure, I do not go out, always at home and pending my ups and downs... how much has changed my life!

I need to make my life and not have to be constantly aware of my sugar, I do not know how to do it, I have 50 years, my joy is leaving, desire to do things and I have not accepted this disease ...

I have fattened 14 kilos, I don't want to leave ... I get the impression that I am sinking.

They don't stabilize it, I can't work on what I was doing because it was enough effort .... I don't know ...

Thanks for your patience and for reading me ...

A kiss!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/28/2017 11:19 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello @"ajm"!

The truth is that diabetes is a backpack that is always carried in tow, but you have to take the best we can.

At first and until insulin /food /schedules guidelines are found ... Adequate everything is a little uphill, but then everything becomes easier: one ends up knowing his body, he knows how to get ahead of him, you know your glucose trendsAnd you can have quite controlled diabetes (it is never totally under control, that must be assumed, diabetes and glucose are capricious and here never 2+2 are 4).

But of course, you have to leave home and try to make a normal life: you must be aware of glucose, yes, but you don't have to stop being the rest of your life, which are equally importantto keep your glucose inside the range .

At first it costs, and I suppose that when you are little and you grow with it, like me, because it has less impact than when it happens older, but encouragement.This beast is dominated and being a bit pending of it, we can do what we want!

Always carry your insulin on top, your glucometer or continuous meter and your gels, fast HC, juices ... and food for hypoglycemia or any situation in which you need it.

Do not deprive yourself of a snack, a dinner or a meal with your partner, friends, co -workers, ... with anyone, because with your insulin you can do it whenever you want.With all this we can get where we set out!

And if you see that your endocrine does not take you how good or does not find the dose point, it does not teach you to act before a meal, a hiccup ... etc ... you can always change, if you don't like it ...

Much encouragement!You will be able to!

A hug,

JPR's profile photo
JPR
06/28/2017 12:06 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

My life has changed for a year that I have type 1, before I was a strong, cheerful, brave girl, wanting to live and without routines, now I have become insecure, I do not go out, always at home and pending my ups and downs... how much my life has changed.

@"Ajm", good day.I understand you very well.Although diabetes did not affect my life if it did celiacy (and lactose intolerance).I do not go around the matter for mental health, and I "self -convene" that I do not want to leave home because one in his house is more comfortable and safe.For me, going to eat away from home is a lottery and spend very badly.So whenever I throw a tupper shot.As for being aware of the glycemia I overcome it with the Dexcom, I am only aware that I am diabetic when I whistle my speech.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/28/2017 12:50 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello @"jpr" ... thanks for your words and for your spirits, you are right ... I'm going to see if we are to this beast ... Thank you ... a kiss

AJM's profile photo
AJM
06/28/2017 12:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"solararia" ... q caprichosa is life, the son of my best friend is also celiac and go out to eat there and on vacation, the only thing we are going to sites that can make food for celiacs, test sites that there areMany, they send a book of all restaurants where you can go, it is good to leave the taper from time to time at home. A kiss and many animals

AJM's profile photo
AJM
06/28/2017 1 p.m.

Hello @"ajm", I would advise you to make some association of diabetics of your city, especially for those who start it is important, they make meetings, stay, exits, etc. and to start you would already leave your home.I would also give you security in yourself, and you would see how, even if you are diabetic, you can normally develop in any situation.I spent many years ago with a group and it was funny to see how when we went to a bar to take something, we took out the bowling to click on the world without any type of tapping, although it seems silly but things like that give you confidence.As for your lack of control, carry the regime the best you can but relax a little mentally, you will see how when you are more animated it is improving.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/28/2017 6:13 p.m.

To be able to do more things and have more freedom a continuous glucose meter can help you.Always know how much you are, helps do more things and get out of home.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/28/2017 7:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

And tell us what controls and insulins you have, in case we can help.
At first everything is very uphill, but over time you will see everything easier.
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/28/2017 7:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Uffff the post title I don't like to lie, because making normal life having diabetes either type 1 or 2, I see it impossible to lie.
We fight to have diabetes, we try to make normal life and the outside world may seem that we make normal life, but it is not normal we do not fool ourselves, it is not like a person who does not have diabetes.
When we get something having diabetes, our satisfaction multiplies x 10 to that of a person who does not have diabetes, and that is what is really worth it.
We fall and stumble, get up and continue fighting for something more complicated, because if we have fallen we think this is not going to stop us.
Do not stop dreaming, fighting for your dreams if they are pretty, if you want something, do not leave it aside and do what you have in your hands to achieve it, if you stumble and look for something more complicated because we have diabetes and nothing or anyone shouldstop us.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 8:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Ajm" what has happened to you.I have been in diabetes for two years and my life has also given a radical change, in everything.
Imagine, I'm passive antideport and now I force myself to walk an hour a day.Instead of the car, I lame public transport and that forces me to walk more.
I ate at any time and with this disease I have to be a bit more disciplined and prioritize myself instead of my work.

At first I ate at home and took food to work to know what and quantities, but I started to eat with my compis one day a week.Everyone knows about my illness, they eat a great paella and I punctuated my dose for the 4 lettuce leaves and a fruit, but their company compensates me.

My worst enemy is not diabetes, it is control, and this disease frustrates me because I can't control it and always have 90, 5;There are great days and weeks and other horrific .... Last week it was horrible, not only for the 40ºC of temperature but also because of lack of control.And it is a little better, but I have not yet controlled it (I have realized that the pen did not put the amount that marked .... beautiful red numbers of the meter, flares!)

Now, I adapt diabetes to my life.That is, I make a normal life but I leave home with the two glucometers, the insulins refrigerated in their bag, cookies and sugar in them.If I'm going to ride a bike or walk, as something before and carry the backpack with hydrates just in case.If I leave dinner, glasses and others, I carry the bag with everything.It weighs much more than before (also because of the company mobile>: P) But I enjoy my friends, couple, family ... I have even had a wedding this year and without problems.

If you can afford it, buy a continuous meter;It helps a lot to control yourself and more famous houses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/30/2017 1:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think as @"jconegar", the normal life is over diagnosis, at least in our case.
When someone tells me that of ..... but don't worry, that your daughter will lead a normal life !!!!My answer is always the same, although sometimes I already get angry, ....... "if you believe that a normal life is to be telling rations, controlling blood glucose, thinking that you are going to do, not being able to study for a hiccupOr a hyper, not being able to take the exit in a race, not sleep one night of a pull ....... Yes, both my daughter and we lead a normal life !!!! "The best face that is put ..... :))

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/30/2017 3:37 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Normal life ??Do not deceive you.It is enough work to live day by day with diabetes (work, schedules, meals, insulin, sport, glycemic, diseases, etc.) as if to want, lead a "normal" life like that of a non -diabetic with this cross.This disease condemns you to live in a loop continued and what is "normal" for a non -diabetic (cinema, eating outside, concert, trip, camp, weekend outside, etc ...) for a diabetic becomes aOdyssey (insulin, gluco up, needles, strips, lancetas, glucometers, glucagon, etc.) and a disorder (where, as, at what time, place, meals, etc ...) I do not say that you cannot do all can be doneThese things but not in a "normal" way involves effort (a lot), sacrifice, discipline and control, all that makes stress very high and that often overcome the desire to want to do those "normal" things.I feel so negative, I could be a hypocritical and tell you that you do not worry that you can make a "normal" life or as @"jconegar" that you do not stop dreaming ... > My dream was that one day a cure came out for this torture with which life or destiny me "prize", but today I can openly say that dreams do not lead to reality and that fighting for them to invest in getting itIt remains in a bottomless bag because we are part of a business that generates a lot of benefit and unfortunately this life works based on the money and power you have.There is nothing left but to live in the best harmony with diabetes or not, because with the years of degraded diseases organs that even having good control, without that good control degrades more quickly and already quite p .. It is by itself the onlyDiabetes to add complications.Greetings and only remains standing.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/30/2017 5:40 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Well diabetes degrades us little by little even if we take care of @luvi but life expectancy is the same as a non -diabetic person.I know several of 85 and 86 years that were detected when they were 40 years old.
There are worse diseases and with this you can live despite the control.
It is always better to be healthy and not be diabetic, of course, and I would always like to be 22 years ... but you can't.So we have to live in the best possible way and try to do everything we like and put ourselves to it

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/01/2017 8:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have also started 2 years ago and I am an insulin -dependent.To say that this is easy is a fallacy but you will end up getting used.I do everything I can on my part and what I cannot control because I do not obsess ... it is what has touched us and I do not want to lose a minute of my life lamenting me ... there is a lot of life even with diabetes..... and I want to live it ..... encouragement

Sole Rios's profile photo
Sole Rios
07/01/2017 10:23 p.m.

Normal life ???Anyone can have a "mislead"- a diabetic no.Today is Sunday and I live in a very small town.I got up and took my apidra pen ... I went to the fridge ... I was almost getting infarcted!I have no insulin!If the plunger does not deceive me, I have just for today.They imagine in this situation a poor person in a poor country, with no public health ???.Today I will live all day with anguish, do you imagine living like this ???.Well, that will be the "normal life" of a diabetic in an underdeveloped country.If a citizen of the 3rd world is reading us for sure that he will be remembering all our ancestors.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/02/2017 12:06 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello, I have been with diabetes for 25 years and I can assure you that I have always made normal life.I have never obsessed and I refuse that this condition me at all.If I have wanted to eat something, I like it.I have traveled all over the world and I have never had the smallest problem, I always have a lot of supply and a lot of replacement and point, in fact the dryer of the hair occupies more space than the things of diabetes.

I have never had a serious hypoglycemia and in fact that I have no one knows, if I am at work I take my juice and I drink it without giving any explanation and if I am on the street I take something out of the bag or buy something in astore.It really is not worth giving him more importance.

For a medical error, I have come to have glycemias of more than 800 for several weeks.Nothing has happened to me, you do not die or give you a retinopathy in 2 hours.You have to take away the fears because it is not worth living like this and living with those fears will not make you better or healthier.

As what I want and when I want, if I get late and get off, I take a snack.I do not know, it is simply to look for alternatives and the most important thing is not to expect the world to adapt to you, but to be you who joins the world.

Time makes you wise and you learn to meet you, over the years, just to see it you know how many hydrates it has a meal.And the first piece of cake you eat will calculate it badly, but surely the third.And I don't want to encourage anyone to inflate cakes, but come on, that if one day you are dying to try something, you click and eat it and it ended, without any fear.

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 3:51 p.m.

Desde 1992 con el rollo este....

@Ajm, you can't make normal life being diabetic (at least type 1).

From here, you choose:

a) You stop doing all the things you did before, you always eat the same, at the same time, and make a routine life to have to control less what you eat and what you click (comfortable but very boring)

b) Learn everything you can about your diabetes (it is not necessary to be every day in the endocrine), if you are clumsy telling rations like me you inform yourself about a continuous or similar meter, and go out to the street that makes a spring dayprecious.

If you choose B, here are many people who know a lot about this m ... of illness.

Cheer up!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/21/2018 12:51 p.m.

Good morning, the truth is that I have suffered for 6 months and life is not the same.Going out to drink with friends is torture, not like the bread that I am used to and I can return with more than 230. But it is also true that you must be a friend of the disease otherwise you pass it worse.In my case I am obliged to eat 60 grams of carbohydrates at lunch and dinner to recover weight and many times I don't feel like it.I get angry when I see a preprandial in 145 and then relax and say calm !!!We are going to the diabetes, never going forward.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
03/24/2019 2:55 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Hi @Ajm, I wanted to tell you my case and, despite the comments I have read, encourage you to make a normal life like the one I consider.
I debuted with 19 years, in full university madness, living alone and without knowing, just, what was diabetes.Suddenly the world falls on you but you have two options that diabetes define what your life is going to be or assume and throw forward.I took my career without problems and without losing a university party.I was lucky that my endocrine told me, "this is not heals, you have to learn to make a life like a girl of your age" and taught me to drink alcohol with responsibility.I finished the uni with HG 5.5 making a life just like that of my companions (just having a little care with the glycemia and with the signs of your body) later, I went to learn English alone to London and I did not have any problem either.After that I was working in audit (a very demanding job, to which you have to dedicate a lot of time and in which you eat daily away from home).I have also had a beautiful and I had a pregnancy 10, I don't know what it is to have a vomit (obviously with many medical controls that I am grateful because they were to take care of my daughter).With everything I have written, I do not think my life has been different without diabetes.It is true that you have to be a little care with the glycemia but the one who has glasses does not see without them, to which his knee hurts he cannot walk the same as the rest ...
What I mean is what is called having a normal life?Most people, and especially at certain ages, everyone has something
The important thing is not what happens to you, but how you face it (I talk about non -mortal diseases, obviously.
On the other hand, keep in mind that diabetes is a wear disease. You have the luck of having debuted with 50.ª, at that age I will have been diabetic.
After telling you how my normal life has been, I wanted to advise you to go out, eat out, have fun because, from experience, sugar affects the mood more than the fact that you eat a sweet.

If you need to talk you can contact me.

Much encouragement to all who think that you cannot have a normal life.I hope you have helped you.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
06/16/2019 12:17 p.m.

clouds said:
Hello, I have been with diabetes and I can assure you that I have always made normal life.I have never obsessed and I refuse that this condition me at all.If I have wanted to eat something, I like it.I have traveled all over the world and I have never had the smallest problem, I always have a lot of supply and a lot of replacement and point, in fact the dryer of the hair occupies more space than the things of diabetes.

I have never had a serious hypoglycemia and in fact that I have no one knows, if I am at work I take my juice and I drink it without giving any explanation and if I am on the street I take something out of the bag or buy something in astore.It really is not worth giving him more importance.

For a medical error, I have come to have glycemias of more than 800 for several weeks.Nothing has happened to me, you do not die or give you a retinopathy in 2 hours.You have to take away the fears because it is not worth living like this and living with those fears will not make you better or healthier.

As what I want and when I want, if I get late and get off, I take a snack.I do not know, it is simply to look for alternatives and the most important thing is not to expect the world to adapt to you, but to be you who joins the world.

Time makes you wise and you learn to meet you, over the years, just to see it you know how many hydrates it has a meal.And the first piece of cake you eat will calculate it badly, but surely the third.And I don't want to encourage anyone to inflate cakes, but come on, that if one day you are dying to try something, you click and eat it and it ended, without any fear.

It is known that we are all different and you are too.
It is as if you were very millionaire in health and many of here we lived up to date.
Each one will fall differently.
It doesn't help me and I hope many yes.
Greetings

mario69's profile photo
mario69
09/13/2019 4:01 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.