{'en': 'I need to solve so many doubts !!', 'es': 'Necesito resolver tantas dudas!!'} Image

I need to solve so many doubts !!

Esme's profile photo   10/01/2017 1 p.m.

Thank you @regina..To last this month I have endocrine and I will comment ... Well I will directly tell you to change me!
I have also thought about the effect of the Tresiba ... but if I put it at 3pm at 7pm I should do some effect
: (((

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/15/2017 10:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Keep in mind that toujeo need more units than of Lantus, although the injected volume is lower.The endo will tell you, but you will have to adjust little by little ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/16/2017 1:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

rake said:
hello to everyone!
I take this thread of conversation, to consult a doubt!
You see, I click Tresiba at 15.00, and the past weeks I had the glucose very just, so I got a unit, ... well I have been on a week, which I am with good levels throughout the day, reaching 17.00 with90, which makes me take something to keep going down. I sometimes take an actimel, and the sugar is kept and does not rise, so I do not inject me insulin, and other times even not taking anythingFrom 18:30 in the afternoon, the glucose begins to climb, and I arrive at dinner around 180-230.I don't know what this is due, and the truth is a bit desperate!Calling me naive but I think that the units of Tresiba that I wear are fine, other times I think it can be because I put a few units, but of course, I think that then during the morning and the half -day food would also be high ..!
I don't know ... what can you do, what would you do?

@"Rake"

The body does not have the same basal insulin needs during the day: there are hours when less and others in which I need more.When you have insulin pump, you can schedule a basal for schedule sections, but with pen this is not possible, since you are injected once for the whole day.My advice: if much of the day you are fine with those doses of threeiba, it probably is that during the afternoon section you miss a little basal.If you upload units so that in the afternoon the blood glucose does not upload, you will have the afternoon arranged, but you are going to create hypoglycemia the rest of the day, since it will remain slow in the morning and at night.You can get a little fast in the afternoon and take the opportunity to eat some ration of hydrates such as snack.If you compensate for that probable lack of slow with some fast insulin and you will see how you get well to dinner and you have the problem solved.All the best

JPR's profile photo
JPR
10/16/2017 10:13 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

The explanation of @JPR is correct and I add that this is known as the phenomenon of sunset (by expanding information elsewhere).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/16/2017 11:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks for your answers!As @"jpr" says I will inject something fast ... see if I solve the problem, because it is a bit stressful ... and the endoc.Let's see what we tell me when we see each other.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/16/2017 12:07 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

rake said:
Thank you for your answers!As @"jpr" says I will inject something fast ... see if I solve the problem, because it is a bit stressful ... and the endoc.Let's see what we tell me when we see ourselves.
Tell us to see how you are doing, surely you solve it like that.You will see!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
10/16/2017 12:10 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Something does not fit me.With 125 glucose, which is an almost normal value even in "non -diabetic" people, it gave a glycosilada 7.4 ???And lowering the blood glucose from 125 to 105 (which is almost the same), the glycosilad fell from 7.4 to 6.4 ???I have been diabetic for 50 years (since childhood);There is something that I have not had to understand in your exhibition.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Erty said:
greetings, esme .. there is a herb that is hypoglycemic, stevia in dry grass for infusion or fresh plant.We lower the sugar from 125 to 105 in a few months, and the glycosilada from 7.4 to 6.4, in addition to a third cholesterol and triglycerides.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
10/22/2017 10:53 a.m.

jpr said:
rake said:
Thank you for your answers!As @"jpr" says I will inject something fast ... see if I solve the problem, because it is a bit stressful ... and the endoc.Let's see what we tell me when we see ourselves.
Tell us to see how you are doing, surely you solve it like that.You will see!

Good !!
Well nothing, yesterday I had review with the endocrine!For now, he told me not to change me to Toujeo, because seeing Free reports, he says that the levels are quite good and plans ... but I was refuting him for a while, because I have hemoglobin 6.9, and I think it is necessary toTo the effect of the sunset that I always have, and to also tell me, that when I go to sleep, even if I have a glass of milk, why?Because at 8 o'clock, I got up well ... As for example today, I went to bed with 180 and the glucose has been going down, and at 8 I was 90. For this reason I refuted him, because perhaps that 6.9 of hemo would be lower if notI have to go to bed with 190!Since the rest of the day, except X files, glucose is almost without fright!So I went out a little plof, because I think the hemo could be shorter.

On the other hand, what I do almost always, in the afternoon, is to snack something type milk, yogurt and click quickly to prevent it from going up as the afternoon is going, and that at least so far I have controlled it.

At least I stay, with the last thing my doctor told me, and it was that if I check that the levels at night tend to get more than 180 or do not control the effect of the sunset, go to the consultation to try Toujeo, but that firstTest ...

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/31/2017 11:24 a.m.

Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" and why don't you do what you think it's going well for you?You know your body and if you don't try it you will always be with doubt.The doctor over the years you have not believed to order you;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/31/2017 2:35 p.m.

I do not understand that some doctors are so reluctant to change when the patient wants.It is to say that you have a pretty good control does not seem enough argument.If with Toujeo you think you can improve it and want to make the change I do not understand that I do not leave you.I would insist until I changed it because in the end who has to decide is the patient, the doctor should tell you the possible options and decide what you think best for your case.
I understand that in older people who have no idea of ​​counting hydrates or calculating dose do not change the treatment if they are not very bad but in someone who knows and understands how to adjust dose and others seem absurd not to do so.Sometimes they treat us as children who know nothing.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/31/2017 4:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Anaisabel", if what I want is to send me the toujeo, to try ... Maybe I leave worse than the three -year, but without testing it I do not know.And obviously if I don't prescribe it, ... I can't do what I want.
Of course.that I know more about my body than any endocrine.Without going any further yesterday, he told me to get on the slow two units !!And I have not done it, if for the day I am fine!

@"Anaisabel" @"Yesssica_a", with what values ​​do you normally lie down, and how does glucose work during the night?

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/31/2017 4:56 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" I depend.If I don't have active quickly, I go to bed between 80-110 and get up more or less the same.I practically don't varies anything.I wear it when I get up that also influences so that at night it is flatter.If I am below 80 I take some milk (with half a glass I get) and I get up well.The toujeo at rest almost no glucose.If I have active fast I have to see depending on how long it is if I need to eat something or not.Sometimes I lie at the time of dinner and that is when the fast begins to take effect but I as little hydrate and quite fat and protein because it also goes up later so it depends on the day I see.I once mistaken and I have to get up to eat something but since I have alarms with the glucoangel, I am not very concerned because it warns me as it goes down 70 and I correct quickly with some milk.
In the morning if something lowers me (at 4-5 time to put it) although it goes down very slowly.If I neglect and I don't look at myself in the morning, as nothing between hours, because before eating I arrived fair 60-70.But I usually look with the Free several times during the morning and if I see that I am going fair in the middle of the morning I drink coffee with milk and I get well.It is also that I try to be between 80-100 almost all the time so I have to be more pending because I have little room.
When I go for a walk I have to eat something before or for as I see because if I am more than 20-30 minutes walk without eating anything, it gives me a low.I usually eat a fruit and it already comes to walk 1 hour.
For me the bad of the toujeo are the adjustments that up to 2-3 days of change do not notice.At first it costs to adjust the dose.Now I have started to get up just and yesterday I put on 2 less, today too and tonight I should start to notice something but until tomorrow I don't think I see the effect well.And if I have been wrong and I get up high or I still go down then to wait 3 days to see the effect of change.
Anyway I recommend it, in my case it is doing very well.And for trying you do not lose anything, if you go wrong with returning to the before.

Yessica_A
10/31/2017 5:20 p.m.

For a long time I have always had problems solving that my blood glucose were not high in the morning.What does I say I have done everything to change the situation and it has never worked.Now I've been, without changing anything, I get up with glycemia between 80-150 so I'm very happy.I never bed at less than 100, about 150. What I have never understood is that one day that I am before sleeping at 250 I correct with two or three units of fast I always get up with more than 200 and I do not havedownturn in the middle of the night.For the day I am almost always well, but the night is an enigma for me.Let's see if this streak lasts!@"Rake" I have also considered changing Toujeo, but as you very well say the doctor must agree.It would be a matter of insisting.Soon I have consultation, if I still do not change, if I return to the streets I will have to do it.

Anaisabel
10/31/2017 5:22 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a" Forgiveness for ignorance, but that is the glucoangel? I understand that an alarm that is put in the free?

Well, I have given myself 15 days, to check if I improve at night (because I don't think it's good, please in the morning when I get up ... Let's see if so, at night, there is less effect, and does not tend the glucose to go down.And yes it is a bit pussy, having to be waiting for 2-3 days to see results.
What happens to me lately, is that as you know the girls, when this premenstrual, I have to climb 1-2 units of slow ... and lately when I have the period, I have to be very aware of glucose, because to theMINIMUM I AM LOW. In the end, with diabetes, every day something is learned!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/31/2017 6:13 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

Hello everyone, as I have ever commented on what I am not doing well are the nights .. I put threeiba in the morning and during the day well but go up at dawn.And if Ceno with hardly any hydrates, the graph is totally flat.I have also noticed, glycemia uploads slowly at night, sometimes I put the quick to half a dinner or at the end according to it. Anaisabel Do you put the fast before dinner and at two hours do you have those figures?

091975's profile photo
10/31/2017 6:17 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

I just saw that there is an open thread, with glucoangel information, I am going to read it.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/31/2017 6:17 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

I usually have a few hydrates, but I have also tried reducing them and it has not worked for me.

Anaisabel
10/31/2017 6:42 p.m.

@"091975" Why don't you try to put on the Tresiba, later?I put it at 15.00 and as I have commented I will change it, and to put it in the morning when I get up ... Let's see if there are changes and they will better.It is all a matter of trying.If I see, that the change is not the better, and if I will "ask you" or rather, I will demand in a very polite way to the endo, to change me!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/31/2017 6:59 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

Thanks@Anaisabel.
@Rake ​​I put it at 10.30 and about 15h I wear a novorapid that is when I usually eat.This is for gusts as Anaisabel says

091975's profile photo
10/31/2017 8:28 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

@"Rake" there is a thread of the glucoangel.It is a bracelet that puts on the free and sends you the values ​​to the mobile that alerts you if it comes out of the range you set.

Yessica_A
11/01/2017 12:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.