{'en': 'I need to solve so many doubts !!', 'es': 'Necesito resolver tantas dudas!!'} Image

I need to solve so many doubts !!

Esme's profile photo   10/01/2017 1 p.m.

Hello!!

I am the mother of a 5 -year -old boy diagnosed very recently ...

I have been with tremendous doubts about what is happening to you a few weeks.It seems that insulin does not lower glycemia.The solution of his endocrine is that he increases the doses, which I already do and there is no way ...

I click before meals and at two hours it is very high ... more than 250. I get the feeling that your endocrine or listens to me when I explain ...

I need to share many doubts with you !!

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/01/2017 1 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to keep up.
What treatment do you have?
What insulins do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2017 4:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @esme, I am also a 5 -year -old boy who has been with Lantus and fast before each meal since May.
Tell us, do you have slow insulin?Carbohydrate charges?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/01/2017 4:44 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

As the partners say you will have to provide more data.Apart you will have to do more controls to the child until it is normal, for example before meals (it happens only in a meal or in all?) Because if at the beginning of a meal the problem is already high comes from behind, to the twohours, several hours later (is normalized after 4 or 5 hours?)

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/01/2017 8:21 p.m.

Hello, many grace for interesting and answering me !!I should have given more info.Diagnosed in January this year.I inject Tresiba as slow, 2 units.And apidra as fast in all meals, the units depends on the value between 1.5 to 3 units, it is the maximum that put it at the moment ... it seems that today is a little better, it was that it had a few weeks very unstable .... Surely to have something to do that he would not find very well with a belly discomfort that has passed.I have been looking at him that he did not have ccetonas just in case but not to have.Many grace for interesting you.

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/02/2017 3:16 p.m.

runing50 said:
As the partners will have to contribute more data.Apart you will have to do more controls to the child until it is normal, for example before meals (it happens only in a meal or in all?) Because if at the beginning of a meal the problem is already high comes from behind, to the twohours, several hours later (is normalized after 4 or 5 hours?)

Hello!!
Controls I do so much a day.At 8, 11, 13, 17, 21, 23, 1 and at 3 in the morning .. that without counting when it has some hypoglycemia that then the panic enters and I look at it every 20 minutes for 2 hours !!I do the same when at dawn I reached 350 and I put insulin to lower it ... that day I do as many controls until I see a normal value !!The normally was at most 180, but of course, these days behind it had such high values ​​that I have not been able to control it since insulin seems that it did not take effect and was high at all hours .. Example: it rose to 105, les lesHe started 1'5 and at 2 hour I had it 240 just by drinking 200 milk and 20 grams of bread with butter .. I look a lot at their portions, I don't weight the food for more or less I have it in an eye, but still soIt raised a lot.Thanks for answering.

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/02/2017 3:30 p.m.

It happens to all that at a certain time we have high uncontrollable values, and to young children more often until they are a little older and stabilize, the main thing is to detect high values, for example from two hours afterEat and correct.From what you say it seems that it is stabilizing, but if these episodes last more than a week, theirs is that you consult with the endocrine.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/02/2017 3:54 p.m.

@"Esme" It is very important that you control the issue of carbohydrates rations and your child's ratio with insulin and glucose, 1.5 insulin units may not be enough for 200ml of milk, 20g of breadAnd butter, which although it is not HC is fat and must also be quantified.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/02/2017 4:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi Nigiri! You see that my child has been diagnosed for very little time and for me all this is a learning phase ... I guided me a lot for the guidelines of his diabetes educator .. since at first with very little insulin they gave himMany hypos ... I know that the breakfast that I have put an example are 2 portions that are equivalent to 2 uds of insulin, but if he is 106 .., I am afraid to put more pq from there he goes to schoolAnd although at 11 he has a second breakfast in the patio, he moves a lot and of course.It is that being so small scares.Although these days to a very high state at all hours, its line until now was not that.Removing this week, I had proven that a unit lowers about 50 in blood and more or less I have calculated the IG of the portions, so I have been guiding by those guidelines and I have done well .. I also know that the few reserves that I canHaving are running out and what is increasingly insulin ... but hey, rookie things that I will learn.I wanted to be a member of the PQ forum I consider that people like you who already have experience with diabetes can help a lot.

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/02/2017 11:28 p.m.

I understand your fear when you go to school, the same thing happens to me, but it is not good that you have so high, x there you can take advantage of the days that you have no school, since you will have the possibility of measuring at home, surely you need faster, RecuetdaThat there is no mathematical, not always a ration is 1 u of insulin and what was going well last week. Today you have to look for another strategy.
In the second breakfast, go and medis?Is insulin applied?What eats?It would have to see this and also take into account the slow one, although it impresses that it needs faster ...
My son has weeks where he is high, and many times we can know the reason and many other, and now, he needs less insulin, and at any extra taste it occurs, since he is joined with the beginning of the Lantus x that has thatGood values, today is like that, but in these few months I have been, I learned this, I don't know what will come.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/02/2017 11:38 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello Dani76!, Because in the ecuela they do the necessary controls and prick insulin when 2 days stay to eat
. For the moment at the breakfast of the 11 that carries 2 rations, we do not put insulin because they paid it to me on the theme of which moves a lot in the patio ... The slow thing, mine has three units every 24 every 24hours.This week goes to your educator, to see if something changes and improves values.

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/02/2017 11:52 p.m.

You will see what the educator tells you, the values ​​before and after the second breakfast in garden are high?If I understood well, eat two rations in school as in breakfast, but without insulin ... I do not think it is positive to eat without insulin and less if it is with high values.
You will be encouraging you to take behavior as you feel safe

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/03/2017 12:02 a.m.

Argentina

Look at glycemia before meals, because if it is already high, it is normal for 2 hours to be in 250 or more.You must control it in case the problem comes in the morning.Anyway, however despite the kid, it makes me short 2 or 3 units.of threeiba, even the rapid.That the endocrine/a control it well, or change if you can.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
10/10/2017 6:13 p.m.

Hello !!, I have it more controlled .. It has been that it put the same dose that the endocrine told me a few months ago ... I have already raised dose and in great improved.It has very little amount of the two insulins because it debuted 9 months ago to have reserves ... it is very small and only weighs 19'5kg.I suppose that for all that I have to put so little insulin.Now that a few days ago we went to its endocrine, we have given us a new machine that calculates the doses that I have to inject and it is superb.Many grace for your interest !!

Esme's profile photo
Esme
10/12/2017 12:16 a.m.

Greetings, Esme .. there is a herb that is hypoglycemic, the stevia in dry grass for infusion or fresh plant.We lower the sugar from 125 to 105 in a few months, and the glycosilada from 7.4 to 6.4, in addition to a third cholesterol and triglycerides.

I have heard that in newly diagnosed children you can leave them in the honeymoon phase (without insulin), for years.Everyone will depend on how diabetes is, and finally, on the fate that each one has.
He knows sweet and licorice, he will almost sure.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/12/2017 2:49 p.m.

Know?I also recently diagnosed a good family friend told me that there were people who had healed from diabetes taking 2 tablespoons of pure honey every day before breakfast.Fortunately I did not pay attention, if not today I would not be telling you.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/12/2017 4:32 p.m.

Your distrust, Runing50, is totally understandable.This information is for Esme to start investigating on your own.To us Estevia has worked for us.

Your friend's advice is endearing, but not everything is equal to everything.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/12/2017 5:15 p.m.

The only treatment in children is insulin. It is the only thing they lack.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/12/2017 5:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello everyone!
I take this thread of conversation, to consult a doubt!
You see, I click Tresiba at 15.00, and the past weeks I had the glucose very just, so I got a unit, ... well I have been on a week, which I am with good levels throughout the day, reaching 17.00 with90, which makes me take something to keep going down. I sometimes take an actimel, and the sugar is kept and does not rise, so I do not inject me insulin, and other times even not taking anythingFrom 18:30 in the afternoon, the glucose begins to climb, and I arrive at dinner around 180-230.I don't know what this is due, and the truth is a bit desperate!Calling me naive but I think that the units of Tresiba that I wear are fine, other times I think it can be because I put a few units, but of course, I think that then during the morning and the half -day food would also be high ..!
I don't know ... what can you do, what would you do?

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
10/15/2017 9:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" There are quite a few cases that have commented the same with the Tresiba, which find it difficult to regulate, perhaps due to their duration, so sometimes doses are superimposed and others do not.
With Toujeo they are much better ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/15/2017 10:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.