{'en': 'Macular edema, glasses that promise to reverse retinopathy?', 'es': 'Edema macular, ¿gafas que prometen revertir la retinopatia?'} Image

Macular edema, glasses that promise to reverse retinopathy?

krrs's profile photo   11/30/2017 11:37 a.m.

Apparently it depends on edema

krrs's profile photo
krrs
10/05/2018 12:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am glad that you just have to put on three @"krrs", I thought that at the beginning when I started with the treatment and click I took in the review when I was for life was quite large, but well, it is whatthere is.Greetings and you will tell us how the review.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/05/2018 12:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I wanted to ask if anyone knows the micro -the -yellow laser for the treatment of RD and Edema?
I've seen it Link

He says that since 2000 he applies it with excellent results

Isaserana's profile photo
Isaserana
10/12/2018 10:11 a.m.

@"ISASERANA" I just read the study and it's very encouraging, I don't know what @"ophthalmologo" will say

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/01/2018 8:44 p.m.

krrs said:
@"isaserana" I just read the study and it is very encouraging, I don't know what will say @"ophthalmologo"

Well, I plan to go to his consultation even if I don't live in Madrid.I have spoken with my husband and I want them to do an in -depth study.I have RD in the background as my endocrine says that according to her that is nothing and the ophthalmogyNothing was going to leave according to him).I diagnose microangiopathy in OD although in the report it does not discriminate (I suppose that if you see in the background something there will be something smaller in both, I do not know).
Honestly my ophthalmological history in 10 years has been very changing, one day I will tell you ....
Today I see perfectly, I am mine and I even have the same graduation for two years of myopia and astigmatism

Isaserana
11/01/2018 9:21 p.m.

@"Isaserana" my vision in a 2 -year thing tmb has varied a lot and with a perfect metabolic control, for the SS they look at the right thing I have already thrown from private and I do not doubt to make it.You'll tell me how I am very interested.

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/01/2018 9:27 p.m.

If in my case my review has been in private and I have gone to an ophthalmologist with a lot of experience but I do not know, I have not convinced me much.Apart that he has told me that as long as I don't see bad there is nothing to do except control of the sugar and I have done that.
For 5 years I have been deprived for medical insurance (Adeslas) because I do not trust a hair although my endocrine now stoods in the one of the SS ...

When I said that my history has been very changing, I mean diagnoses (one told me for years I have gone to others and they have told me no, most).I have never had vision problems but as an ophthalmologists for work issues I have lived in diaphyons sites within Spain and I have encountered everything.If I can say something and I think that with knowledge of cause is that there are ophthalmologists living in the past ...

Isaserana
11/01/2018 9:34 p.m.

Retinopathy does not affect vision, I have and I have never noticed anything except when edema

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/01/2018 9:37 p.m.

How are you now?Are you better?Your glycosilades as they are?

Isaserana
11/01/2018 9:50 p.m.

My vision is now perfect, I never got to see badly at all but after the great intravitories, my glycosylated below 6 but 27 years of evolution hurts for very good control that you have

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/01/2018 9:57 p.m.

I am very happy KRRS, cases like yours show that you have to make reviews and take it in time.

I now have a glycosilada of 5.3 and even cholesterol is OK that told me that it also influences.In fact, my mother is not diabetic and also has microangiomas for excess cholesterol of so many years.I have family hypercholesterolemia, I take atorvastatin of 10 mg and finally I have optimal levels following the change of food;Even the endocrine thinks of retiring it but for now I prefer to continue like this.

In any case, the annual review is basic for all diabetics no matter how fear we have.The first one is afraid that you do not see but then I think it is worse not to know that being late.

When I will tell you my experience.I hope it is positive and can give good news for everyone.

Isaserana
11/01/2018 10:44 p.m.

I have no experience about the yellow laser.I read something a few years ago and said it was somewhat less aggressive and therefore, safer, in treatments by photocoagulation in perimacular pathology.I have always worked in public health and there are always priorities.In any case, I have made thousands of such treatments with the conventional laser with magnificent results.Everything consists of adjusting some powers, exposure times, and laser spot diameter, adequate.With the appropriate parameters, the results are magnificent with the conventional laser.
On the other hand, the yellow laser, he never made his way to the market, I do not know if for price or because his benefits did not justify him.I don't know what to happen now, I'm already out of all that

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
11/02/2018 6:45 p.m.

krrs said:
retinopathy does not affect the vision, I have and I have never noticed anything except when edema

I have not understood this paragraph very well

Jess's profile photo
Jess
11/02/2018 10:12 p.m.

@"Jess" that I learned that I had RD in a routine control, I did not notice anything weird in the vision, so you have to control, when you notice that you look bad .... bad signal

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/02/2018 10:43 p.m.

When I go, I hope if you may apply laser in the injuries that you have and I hope there is no truth commitment because with the ophthalmologists that I have spoken none says to apply laser to curb the evolution and as far as possible do notArriving in Edema, they say that only very specific cases that do not risk and the truth does not understand how there is no consensus and more if there are options to stop it together with good metabolic control.

They have told me that they saw something but that I would not worry that the evolution is very slow and control sugar and cholesterol.Then others told me that there is no RD and so I have been annuallyNo now, it's crazy ...

Forgive but I have the trouble ... It is a very important issue and they should be stricter in the controls.

Isaserana
11/04/2018 10:51 a.m.

Javier Arriaga Sanz said:

It is not me very supportive of the classifications, which served in the 60s of the last century, to calculate the years of vision that the sick remained.It was a time when nothing could be done, apart from the control of glycemia, before a diabetic retinopathy (RD) painting.On the other hand, they are tremendously subjective and quite inaccurate when they are based exclusively on an eye fund.Less doubts exist when that diagnosis rests in an angiography with fluorescein (AFG).There are studies in which the valuation of RD's degree based on the background or retinography reached up to 40%.

In any case, the really important thing is that it is very clear that the RD is a more or less serious problem (in your case, it does not seem too important), and that it is necessary to face it by laser treatment, before it reaches advanced degrees, so regarding your question of whether you should treat yourself with laser before you continue getting worse: of course!No one would consider an option, have diagnosed a lung cancer in microscopic state, and wait to treat it to give rise to metastasis.

As for your personal case in which the RD has progressed in 1 year despite having maintained the HB at 6.1, you have to think that, apart from that it might not be given the inaccuracy of a non -angiographic diagnosis, there areTo keep in mind that in 27 years, you will have had periods of important lack of control, and the final result, the entire disease period influences.You already know that the drop that overflows the glass, does not have to be the last one, but the first.This is like a pension fund: the pension you charge in the end is determined by all years of contribution.

In any case, a moderate RD, it is not a big problem, and correctly treated, it has to have a magnificent result.It is about keeping the good vision that you say you have, based on not allowing the RD to evolve.

On the problem of pregnancy, I have never had patients in whom the RD has decompensated, except in proliferating RDs (the highest level of gravity), with hemoglobins greater than 10 and 12%.On the other hand, it is the only case in which the injuries that appear during pregnancy are reversible once the pregnancy is over.I do not see problems in a pregnancy with 6%HB, but existing lesions must be previously treated.

I hope I have helped you.Anyway, if you want me to expand any particular point, I am at your disposal

Bravo 👏👏👏👏

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
11/08/2020 11:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.