{'en': 'Macular edema, glasses that promise to reverse retinopathy?', 'es': 'Edema macular, ¿gafas que prometen revertir la retinopatia?'} Image

Macular edema, glasses that promise to reverse retinopathy?

krrs's profile photo   11/30/2017 11:37 a.m.

Good guys!

I would like to tell you my case in case you can help me, yesterday I did the dreaded background and detected a possible macular edema, I am waiting for a test to confirm because I see great, the thing is that I am a little scared andLooking on the Internet, I found a news about the 400 Nokura glasses that promise to reverse retinopathy, do you know any of this?Can you help me with the possible edema?

Link about the news of the glasses: Link

Thank you so much!!!

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/30/2017 11:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In two words: Im-positive

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
11/30/2017 7:12 p.m.

@Oftalmologo good maybe, since I am I would like to tell you my case, having some we have 6.1 I have gone from a slight to moderate RD in a year, I would like to have a baby and tell me the doctors that I just have to takeGood control, but seeing that I still have it, the RD has varied, should I get laser before continuing to get worse?I have an evolution of 27 years as DB

krrs's profile photo
krrs
11/30/2017 7:19 p.m.

It is not me very supportive of the classifications, which served in the 60s of the last century, to calculate the years of vision that the sick remained.It was a time when nothing could be done, apart from the control of glycemia, before a diabetic retinopathy (RD) painting.On the other hand, they are tremendously subjective and quite inaccurate when they are based exclusively on an eye fund.Less doubts exist when that diagnosis rests in an angiography with fluorescein (AFG).There are studies in which the valuation of RD's degree based on the background or retinography reached up to 40%.

In any case, the really important thing is that it is very clear that the RD is a more or less serious problem (in your case, it does not seem too important), and that it is necessary to face it by laser treatment, before it reaches advanced degrees, so regarding your question of whether you should treat yourself with laser before you continue getting worse: of course!No one would consider an option, have diagnosed a lung cancer in microscopic state, and wait to treat it to give rise to metastasis.

As for your personal case in which the RD has progressed in 1 year despite having maintained the HB at 6.1, you have to think that, apart from that it might not be given the inaccuracy of a non -angiographic diagnosis, there areTo keep in mind that in 27 years, you will have had periods of important lack of control, and the final result, the entire disease period influences.You already know that the drop that overflows the glass, does not have to be the last one, but the first.This is like a pension fund: the pension you charge in the end is determined by all years of contribution.

In any case, a moderate RD, it is not a big problem, and correctly treated, it has to have a magnificent result.It is about keeping the good vision that you say you have, based on not allowing the RD to evolve.

On the problem of pregnancy, I have never had patients in whom the RD has decompensated, except in proliferating RDs (the highest level of gravity), with hemoglobins greater than 10 and 12%.On the other hand, it is the only case in which the injuries that appear during pregnancy are reversible once the pregnancy is over.I do not see problems in a pregnancy with 6%HB, but existing lesions must be previously treated.

I hope I have helped you.Anyway, if you want me to expand any particular point, I am at your disposal

Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/01/2017 8:55 a.m.

Good morning,

In my case to date, I have only been done eye and retinographic funds, next Monday I have a concerted visit with a retinologist to deepen and clarify.Why can you see a mocular edema performing an eye fund?

krrs's profile photo
krrs
12/01/2017 9:13 a.m.

An incipient macular edema, which has not yet caused a decrease in vision, can be perfectly unnoticed in retinography, obviously in an eye and even on Oct

Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/01/2017 5:46 p.m.

I had revision on 22nov, they did the usual tests
(Eye background, tension ..), there were no changes compared to last year.R.D.Mild non -proliferative and appointment for next year.What tests should they do to see if there is an incipient macular edema?And so prevent

091975's profile photo
12/01/2017 6:04 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

They told me that a test called Oct but according to @Oftalmologo if it is minimal cost of seeing

krrs's profile photo
krrs
12/01/2017 6:07 p.m.

@Oftalmologo How exactly does the laser work?I understand that only affected veins are not?Therefore, if there is another hemorrhage over time.

krrs's profile photo
krrs
12/01/2017 6:28 p.m.

The laser destroys retinal lesions, and replaces them with a scar (not veins, nor the retina ill -irrigated by them).Obviously, it is dispensed with all that retina that can be dispensed with.The laser is totally discarded in the macular area, so it is necessary to prevent this territory from nursing because it is not treatable.
In short.It is about destroying the injury and preventing its negative evolution
On this subject I have written abundantly, and I imagine that it will be easy to find them.I refer you to them

Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/01/2017 7:31 p.m.

Fluorescein angiography detects a macular edema up to two years before the OCT

Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/01/2017 7:33 p.m.

@Oftalmologo Thank you very much for solving all doubts.All the best

krrs's profile photo
krrs
12/03/2017 9:40 a.m.

@"Ophthalmologo" something similar happened to me, a year and a half ago more or lessDiabetes and for a week I don't see well for the right eye.I have just confirmed that I have a cystic macollar edema and they will do an injections.I have been told that there are possibilities to return to the vision of before.Do you think I should ask for a second opinion?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/03/2018 11:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Obviously, the incipient RD diagnosis of a year and a half ago, it was not too precise and even somewhat precipitated and optimistic.To move from that state to a cystic macular edema (EMQ) in less than two years important hemoglobins are required, greater than 10%.Probably the incipient RD was actually something more important.The EMQ is only treatable with intravitrey injections of antiangiogenic (anti -nge).Of course, there are possibilities of recovering the vision, but this treatment is symptomatic, that is, it acts against the consequences of the disease (macular edema) but not against the disease itself (diabetic retinopathy), so it is foreseeable that improvementObtained will be transient, so the injections will have to be repeated.In any case, medications are increasingly effective so the repetition of injections will be more spaced.
The second opinion does not seem necessary, if there is an EMQ, it can only be treated with anti -GF injections

Javier Arriaga Sanz
04/03/2018 5:55 p.m.

@"Ophthalmologo" With an adequate control of life diabetes, is it possible to prevent diabetic retinopathy or will it appear sooner or later?And if it is inevitable that you appear at some point, maintain an optimal vision can be maintained?My son is going to live all his life with diabetes, I know that with bad control he will have for conparations, but my fear is that despite having good life control he has the possibility of developing some complication.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
04/03/2018 7:37 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@Dalu, we have to think that, with good control, complications take a long time to arrive and will be milder, and treatments are improving to stop them in time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/03/2018 8 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Diabetic retinopathy is produced by excess blood glucose, which deteriorates vascular walls, leading to a very long process, which evolves in phases, and ends, without treatment, really bad.All this means that, although, since the process begins, until it becomes visible in the background, and produces alterations of the vision, many years pass.In theory, if hemoglobin is maintained below 6% at all times, the retina would not have to be affected, but we all know that is impossible.Naturally, if we approach that theoretical and ideal situation, the complications will be very discreet and the vision will not be affected at all and vice versa, if glycosiladas travel through 10 and 12% figures
I am completely sure, attending to the advances that medicine has experienced, that diabetes will be cured in the medium term, but by the time that time comes, it is convenient that vascular deterioration is bearable because they who have, will be irreversible.
In short, good control, practically guarantees a good vision throughout the time

Javier Arriaga Sanz
04/03/2018 8:01 p.m.

@"Ophthalmologo" I have asked them how they had not seen me that in the follow -up of last year, that having a good glycosilada I did not understand how this could have happened and the answer has been that what I have now is only seen with a scannerAnd not with an eye fund, which had it before but has manifested now.Anyway, I have a dislike ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/03/2018 8:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The same has been a misunderstanding.Not with a scanner, simply with fluorescein angiography that I recommend that you do anyway.It is the only way to correctly assess the eye of a diabetic

Javier Arriaga Sanz
04/03/2018 9:16 p.m.

krrs said:
good boys!
I would like to tell you my case in case you can help me, yesterday I did the dreaded background and detected a possible macular edema, I am waiting for a test to confirm because I see great, the thing is that I am a little scared andLooking on the Internet, I found a news about the 400 Nokura glasses that promise to reverse retinopathy, do you know any of this?Can you help me with the possible edema?

Link about the news of the glasses: Link

Thank you very much !!!

ICEMANN's profile photo
ICEMANN
04/03/2018 11:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.