{'en': 'Tresiba Does it work?', 'es': 'Tresiba ¿te funciona?'} Image

Tresiba Does it work?

IGARO's profile photo   12/02/2018 12:16 p.m.

Hello, I am new, and I have created this issue because my endo changed me from Lantus to Tresiba and in 20 days that I have been using it I have had more increases than in the 15 years of diabetic.

Has something similar happened to you?

Comment on it
All the best.

Type 1 diabetic: Tresiba 42u at 8:30 p.m.
Novorapid about: 23-18-20.I modify according to hydrates and measurements
Before Lantus 40U (and without problems)

IGARO's profile photo
IGARO
12/02/2018 12:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Igaro I started with threeiba and in the end my endocrine seeing the final result changed me to Toujeo that although it is not the panacea I think that it is better for me.-

Anyway, you just have been 20 days, I know it is desperate to see constant hyperglycemia in the glucometer but have a little patience and give it a margin because we already know how diabetes is, there are no 2 equal days.My mistake with Tresiba I think that as I did not see results or "half" acceptable I spent 3 months changing the time of administration (morning, afternoon, mid -afternoon and night) to see if I got good glycemia and I did not have time to adjust so it would be adjusted so thatThat said, my advice is patience.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/02/2018 1:40 p.m.

In my case the problem is hiccups and at night, I can't easily get out of it.But now I can stay stable among meals.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/02/2018 1:44 p.m.

@Merchedm, what time do you put it on?
Maybe you avoid the hypos if you lower it a unit ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2018 12:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@merchem, what time do you put it on?
Maybe you avoid the hypos if you lower a unit ...Ceno and I get a novorapid (what I need is dinner).At two hours I am 130 and in the morning I wake up at 160 ... I started with 33u de Tresiba and every four days the dose rose, but nothing.As if injecting water.With 41u de Lantrus I lifted +/ from 90 to 120. And during the day I kept my levels between meals.:)

IGARO's profile photo
IGARO
12/03/2018 7:16 a.m.

They changed my Lantus to Tresiba.My problem was nightlife.I started with the same number of units and schedule.Then I had to reduce several units.And since then, and it has been a couple of years, I'm quite good.I rarely have drops at night.I put it at noon, and my basal, the best, between 80 and 100 every day.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
12/03/2018 11:53 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I put it in the morning, the perfect day, I stay flat.If the bass goes up, so I opt for a glass of postcena milk and notices of Miao ..... I have also reduced my HC ratio from 0.80 to 0.70 and I am better.Thank you

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/03/2018 9:59 p.m.

@Igaro, I think you need to upload the threeiba a bit, perhaps with one or two more units it is sufficient.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2018 10:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I am doing very well, I wear it when I get up and stay flat throughout the day, sometimes at night I lowers me a little but I do not reach the hypos I had before with the Lantus.I put 18 units and with Lantus I put me 22.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/04/2018 12:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I put 10 of Tresiba and 4, 6 and 3 at breakfast, lunch and dinner.Hemo at 6.3.My secret?A low hydrates diet.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
12/09/2018 1:44 p.m.

igaro said:
I am new, and I have created this issue because my endo changed me from Lantus to Tresiba and in 20 days that I have been using it I have had more uploads than in the 15 years of diabetic.

Has something similar happened to you?

Comment on it
All the best.

The Tresiba does not work I had to return to Lantus

Tomy's profile photo
Tomy
12/09/2018 4:31 p.m.

Thanks for your comment;This confirms that some may not work for us.I think I'm going to make a determination and return to Lantus b)

IGARO's profile photo
IGARO
12/10/2018 4:59 p.m.

I do not know if you have tried to put it in the morning or at noon and upload one or two more units, if necessary.
The advantage of the Tresiba is that it lasts more than Lantus and they say it is flatter., But the changes are not noticed until three days.
My daughter will begin to use it soon on the recommendation of the endocrine.If in a month it does not control it, it will go to Toujeo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2018 5:10 p.m.

I managed to administer every 12 hours.11 units per night and 9 in the morning.If I please, it works for me.What does not do the threei is to hold the carbohydrate horse.If you spend at dinner, you get up high yes or yes.
My hypoglycemia problems arrive at 8 in the afternoon.That is where I make a small HC contribution before dinner.

Da Vinci's profile photo
Da Vinci
12/11/2018 1:38 a.m.

Every 12 hours?Is it not good to put it every 24?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2018 6:53 p.m.

Tried;I have returned to Lantus and in three days my glucose levels are again controlled.I am glad that the Tresiba works for them, the almost two months that I have used it has given me much lack of control).: |

IGARO's profile photo
IGARO
12/23/2018 11:13 a.m.

da vinci said:
I administer the three every 12 hours.11 units per night and 9 in the morning.If I please, it works for me.What does not do the threei is to hold the carbohydrate horse.If you spend at dinner, you get up high yes or yes.
My hypoglycemia problems arrive at 8 in the afternoon.That is where I make a small HC contribution before dinner.

Hello!Why less in the morning?Wouldn't it be the other way around to avoid night hypos?
I also had that doubt if Tresiba could go twice a day.We come from Lantus 2 times a day.

Juanita1978's profile photo
Juanita1978
10/18/2021 5:21 p.m.

Mamá de Juanita. Insulina desde Sep 2021. Aprendiendo! Lantus 9u cada 12 horas. Sigue alta!

Juanita1978 said:
da vinci said:
I administer the threei every 12 hours.11 units per night and 9 in the morning.If I please, it works for me.What does not do the threei is to hold the carbohydrate horse.If you spend at dinner, you get up high yes or yes.

Hello!Why less in the morning?Wouldn't it be the other way around to avoid night hypos?
I also had that doubt if Tresiba could go twice a day.We come from Lantus 2 times a day.

Juanita The last message of Da Vinci is from 2018, I don't know if she will continue here

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/18/2021 5:28 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Hello, I wonder how the endocrine knows what your insulin is?I was prescribed basal abasaglar from the beginning and with it I continue.As for the fast, I have already commented on another thread that was with Novorapid and the endocrine suggested Fiasp not to wait so long, but it gives me that it does not work the same, I've still have a short time.

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
10/20/2021 5:30 p.m.

In my case, I am as he says surprised.I was years ago with Lantus and without knowing why, after many years using it, I started with bestial nightclub, climbing dose and very high all day, I tried to change the time and the same.So I changed to Tresiba, I put it on about 11 at night but in the morning me.I lifted to 150 and then went down now I put it around 7 in the afternoon and thus counteract the phenomenon of dawn.I am doing very well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/20/2021 6:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.