{'en': 'My "first" Christmas Eve', 'es': 'Mi "primera" Nochebuena'} Image

My "first" Christmas Eve

Amélie's profile photo   12/25/2017 12:14 p.m.

emily said:
good morning,

These are also the first diabetic Christmas for me.I'm glad to read how well you carry it, I don't get so well.

On Christmas Eve I had to dine different from the rest, which is not precisely pleasant (I get fast before each meal, and slow when I go to sleep).The Christmas food was a little better because we ate seafood, and I could eat everything but dessert.

Here is also celebrated on 26, San Esteban, which is eaten as much as at Christmas.Less the cannelloni and the dessert (Christmas trunk) I could eat everything, I replaced the cannelloni with a salmon tartar, with what I like the truffled cannelloni of San Esteban ...!

Now there is New Year's Eve and New Year, tonight we are going to peck with Jamoncito, Cheese, and other little things with nothing or few hydrates, and tomorrow we will see, because we are going from a restaurant.

Not being able to eat everything, not being able to eat nougat or polvorones, and that I am not very sweet, or the Christmas trunk, not being able to drink a little vinito, or the fresh cava that I like so much, it has been very sad for me... I have even cried hidden ...

Tonight we are going to have dinner like this, and not being able to take the 12uvas also makes me sad ... and all this total effort at all, I continue with peaks, sometimes I pass from 200, or I put myself to 180, like yesterday ...

In February it is my birthday and I am already becoming sad just to think about it, it will be my first birthday without a cake, I know that it sounds silly, but it makes me sad.Without cake and without cava.What a bland birthday!

I can't eat my favorite dishes, or drink my favorite drinks, beer and cava.

Enfin, I don't know ...

Happy New Year to all!

Hi Emily:

Christmas are complicated dates for which we have diabetes.He gave me the downturn a few weeks before, one day I entered the supermarket and suddenly I hit all the nougat.
You try to wear the best you can.I am (era) quite sweet.On Christmas Eve I weighed the nougat pieces that I planned to take.I would have taken double ... and mazapanes and ... and ... and ... etc.
I think I have assumed that I have had to live "like this" ... I have "resigned" or, rather, I have accepted it (I do not like the word "resignar").I have better days than others but there comes a time when one gets tired, you come out forces I don't know where and you are still forward.
In those family gatherings try to enjoy what surrounds you, the fact of being able to enjoy the company of your family and friends.
I cannot advise you with respect to fast insulin but if you use it, I believe that at this time you could give you any taste, increasing the dose a little ... and if you do not want to do it, do like me, that on some occasion when theFood had climbed into excess I went up and down stairs and holy Easter!
I know it is complicated, Emily, but trying to stay positive and relativize because otherwise, this (and I tell you from experience) becomes hell ... and we will not allow diabetes to bitter our lives.
A hug.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/31/2017 1:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Amélie" @"Sigsauer"

Thanks to both.I do not know how to calculate the fast to eat sweets, the sugar goes up a lot and fast, I have had the opportunity to check it with two hypos, one because I was wrong with a pen, and I injected my UI quickly, instead of the slow one, I wasIn the emergency room until 4 in the morning with serum, but in my house I ate 3 spoonfulSebastián, and some more skewer, and apparently as I calculated at the eye I put too fast, I was showering before getting into bed and noticed and dizzy, I made a measurement and I was very low, I was in a hotel and tookA Coca Cola of the furniture bar, and then I was eating jelly beans up to two in the morning by measuring every half hour.He immediately climbs the glucose, but to keep it and not get off while I slept I put on a jelly in my mouth to sleep.When I woke up in the morning I still had it in my mouth, hehe ...

I do not usually have hypos, I have increases without knowing why.I get up on an empty stomach and I don't understand anything.If you increase the slow dossis I get too much, I am never stable, I live with peaks, I try to be between 80 and 120 but I get it a few times.And always as the same and I do the same, and rarely I'm fine.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
12/31/2017 2:32 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Emily I understand very well what happens to you because the same thing happens to me.When my son goes to birthdays and everything stinks with sweets, or at this time with the nougat and others ... I know that the celebrations and birthdays their importance is to be with the people who want, but he is a child !!!And it is not the same as an adult ... I also cry hidden!They are moments that mobilize.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/31/2017 3:02 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@Emily, just need to take experience telling hydrates and you can eat everything.Canelones included, mmm, how rich.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/31/2017 5:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Emily The only way of knowing how quickly you need is testing, and as a rule it is preferable that you stay and have to click again, before having a hiccup.Many hypos can come to go by putting additional insulin.The truth is that it sounds very good when they tell you that a diabetic can eat almost everything ..., with putting insulin then there is ..., but nobody tells you the other face of the currency, and you do not enjoy the sameThat a normal person, while the others enjoy eating, you are already thinking how much sugar will have, their equivalence in portions, the rapOnly what I did not mean getting extra, for example in celebrations only as something sweet when I am a bit low or I can replace it with some other food and if I cannot eat anything, because I do not and that's it, I will eat on another occasion.Ah!And do not sleep with jelly beans in your mouth because you can drown.
Dani76 with children all this is much more complicated yet, because the same reasoning as for adults are not worth, I am sure that on many occasions you would like to exchange for your child.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
12/31/2017 6:11 p.m.

emily said:
good morning,

These are also the first diabetic Christmas for me.I'm glad to read how well you carry it, I don't get so well.

On Christmas Eve I had to dine different from the rest, which is not precisely pleasant (I get fast before each meal, and slow when I go to sleep).The Christmas food was a little better because we ate seafood, and I could eat everything but dessert.

Here is also celebrated on 26, San Esteban, which is eaten as much as at Christmas.Less the cannelloni and the dessert (Christmas trunk) I could eat everything, I replaced the cannelloni with a salmon tartar, with what I like the truffled cannelloni of San Esteban ...!

Now there is New Year's Eve and New Year, tonight we are going to peck with Jamoncito, Cheese, and other little things with nothing or few hydrates, and tomorrow we will see, because we are going from a restaurant.

Not being able to eat everything, not being able to eat nougat or polvorones, and that I am not very sweet, or the Christmas trunk, not being able to drink a little vinito, or the fresh cava that I like so much, it has been very sad for me... I have even cried hidden ...

Tonight we are going to have dinner like this, and not being able to take the 12uvas also makes me sad ... and all this total effort at all, I continue with peaks, sometimes I pass from 200, or I put myself to 180, like yesterday ...

In February it is my birthday and I am already becoming sad just to think about it, it will be my first birthday without a cake, I know that it sounds silly, but it makes me sad.Without cake and without cava.What a bland birthday!

Enfin, I don't know ...

Happy New Year to all!

Why dinner different from the rest?Tell the rations of hydrates, put the insulin and dinner what everyone.I have never eaten anything different from the rest for having diabetes, neither in my birthday nor at any food or dinner with friends nor at home any day ... is just counting rations and learning to handle insulin.Then I have New Year's Eve dinner with my girlfriend and friends at a party and I will have dinner what everyone is.You have to get it, encourage!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/31/2017 6:43 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Today I got up in 96 and ate everything.I made a sugarless nougat flan and ate all.I ate my grapes ... happy year!

Calolu's profile photo
Calolu
01/01/2018 1:03 p.m.

Yes, what a penita for a child ... Life is not a rose garden.A big hug.

dani76 said:
Emily I understand very well what happens to you because the same thing happens to me as mom.When my son goes to birthdays and everything stinks with sweets, or at this time with the nougat and others ... I know that the celebrations and birthdays their importance is to be with the people who want, but he is a child !!!And it is not the same as an adult ... I also cry hidden!They are moments that mobilize.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/01/2018 2:55 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

regina said:
@emily, just need to take experience telling hydrates and you can eat everything.Canelones included, mmm, how rich.

Well, at home it can be easier, but at another house, or in restaurants I go to eye ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/01/2018 2:56 p.m.

Thank you, it is true that the food does not enjoy it as before, all the time thinking about whether it happened to me, insulin ...

Yesterday night I finally dared with a glass of cava, does not fill, and ate cod buñuelos and mushroom croquettes, ham and cooked, not many, but some.And dessert nothing, of course, never as dessert.

Before starting dinner I was in 169, in view of eating croquettes and fritters I click 10ui quickly, when I went to bed I was in 159, I did not prick more insulin because since I had drunk cava I was afraid to make a hiccup during the dream.

At noon yesterday at eating was 173 and I click 11UI, and I didn't eat anything to be 169 before dinner.

Today I got up late and we have gone directly to eat, I measured myself when I sit at the table, I was fasting, and blood lglucose ... 210!I do not know how you see it, I do not see it logical, I have punctured 11ui just because I have dared again with a cup of cava that I have not finished, and the only thing I have eaten that they are hydrates has been a slice of roasted white breadthat have put me in a scramble of mushrooms, and two potato balls (Rioja potatoes) that went in the snacks they have put us.I have changed a snack that was foie with cookie and caramelized pineapple, by triguerous asparagus with crunchy ham.The rest that can give me a peak.

I will measure myself in a couple of hours to see ... and so I usually, with those measurements, between 80 and 120, little ...

What I have observed is that if in the middle of the afternoon as roasted hazelnuts, which I like, I get good glucose to dinner, if as something else no longer, and if not as anything, either.

Thank you for all your comments, a big hug.

runing50 said:
Emily The only way of knowing how quickly you need is testing, and as a rule it is preferable that you stay cut and have to click again, before having a hiccup.Many hypos can come to go by putting additional insulin.The truth is that it sounds very good when they tell you that a diabetic can eat almost everything ..., with putting insulin then there is ..., but nobody tells you the other face of the currency, and you do not enjoy the sameThat a normal person, while the others enjoy eating, you are already thinking how much sugar will have, their equivalence in portions, the rapOnly what I did not mean getting extra, for example in celebrations only as something sweet when I am a bit low or I can replace it with some other food and if I cannot eat anything, because I do not and that's it, I will eat on another occasion.Ah!And do not sleep with jelly beans in your mouth because you can drown.
Dani76 with children all this is much more complicated yet, because they are not worth the same reasoning as for adults, I am sure that on many occasions you would like to exchange for your child.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/01/2018 3:19 p.m.

I calculate very badly when I am not in my house, I cannot know how many rations of hydrates there are in things ... in San Esteban, for example, that after the snackThey make great because I have already eaten them for other years, I could not know how many rations of hydrates there were for each gutter with their bechamel.Of the second baked, that yes, but without the accompaniment, which was chestnut puree with potato puree and apricot mounted in three layers, like a cake.

In October I went to a wedding and they made me a special menu for me, I ate different from the rest, I remember that when I asked for the boyfriends to see if I would do well, there was nothing that I could eat.Only in the snacks there were a couple of little things, nothing more, and not even the first dish, which made me grilled prawns, and to them something wrapped in caramelized puff pastr, I do not remember what it was, and the second, they hake meThe iron, and they ate a meat (not as red meat) I do not remember what exactly, but wearing sweet sauce and crunchy potatoes, beet and I don't know what else.For dessert they made me a sugar -free lemon jelly.The others ate a pineapple sorbet, and bridal cake.To drink I drank water and coca cola zero, which was the only thing there for me, the rest fell from everything, including the open bar in the dessert, in which I continued with my Coca Cola Zero while the others took their gintonics, Cubalibres, etc.

I don't know how you do it, I admire you hey !!!

jpr said:
emily said:
good morning,

Enfin, I don't know ...

Happy New Year to all!

Why dinner different from the rest?Tell the rations of hydrates, put the insulin and dinner what everyone.I have never eaten anything different from the rest for having diabetes, neither in my birthday nor at any food or dinner with friends nor at home any day ... is just counting rations and learning to handle insulin.Then I have New Year's Eve dinner with my girlfriend and friends at a party and I will have dinner what everyone is.You have to get it, encourage!

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/01/2018 3:48 p.m.

@"Emily" If you eat away from home, you have to make an estimated calculation, logically.If you are short of insulin, then correct and that's it.I, after yesterday's dinner, was in 190, obviously the "ojimeter" failed, calculating the hydrates.I put a correction bolus and fixed, but I ate what everyone, as always.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/01/2018 5:16 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

As JPR tells you, it is calculated by eye, but the experience helps.You measure two hours later and correct if necessary.They are counted days and can be controlled without major problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/01/2018 11:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, I do that, calculate by eye but calculate badly ... I always correct and get to dinner badly.

Thank you ;)

Emily's profile photo
Emily
01/05/2018 1:57 p.m.

emily said:
yes, I do, calculate by eye but calculate badly ... I always correct and get bad to dinner.

Thank you;)

Little by little you will take skill, this is an error rehearsal and the eye needs time to get used.And yet, even if you pay 21 years like me, you can be wrong, but nothing happens.Then you put correction and normalize your glycemia.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/05/2018 3:17 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

The truth is that it costs quite a lot to calculate the HC when you leave the usual meals, I see the canels the croquettes and all that and I die of envy because I am unable to take them, perhaps because of the fear of putting more insulin than due andHaving a hypo, have eaten the jar in such a way with the hypo that I have crowdless than 70 and flatter to sugar, to go back. That's why I see you talk about 66 or less with such naturalness, it leaves me impressed and I think it must be because you have been a lot of time, you have a lot of experience and you have already passed through allThe situations that I, with forgiveness, cure because I don't know how to act.Then I look in the forum, I ask and there you are advising and encouraging always but at first I am scared.They crush me that I do not have counterinsular (I suppose they refer to glucogen) and that an hypo is dangerous so I take a little nougat and I'm already looking to see what happens ... well this year, my second Christmas, I have takenNougat and champagne average cup nothing more (and I have already put the digestive like a panther for the champagne) that by the way I do not raise the levels but the nougat has thrown me to almost 400 without knowing very well forWhat since I have weighed it, calculated .... of everything !!!
I have been with a plummary descents after three days after eating tremendous (with the first I went to the emergency room because after having taken sweet even sugar I kept going down and from 219 to 72 and with the free arrow down down in less than half an hour,I then have rebounds that's why I stopped taking nougat, as @Running says).I have a lot of sensitivity to insulin, in fact my ratio at noon is 0.60, well because I put a half ui more because I was with 189 and lié the one I lié.Well at night to more than 400 and that I left the doctor with 140a mid -afternoon.It happened to me these two days and I am fried because the endo does not see me until April and the nurses until mid -February ... I remember that I have no pancreas and that therefore my diabetes is not a diabetes to use ... inFinal forgive the Rollazo and well if someone advises me something so grateful and anyway, happy year to all !!!

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
01/08/2018 7:18 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

HAPPY YEAR!
Chic@s ... is not so complicated.... I end up there I went to a hotel with dinner +cotillon.
Dinner was a wedding type: entrants and 5 plates.I tried everything but bread, melon sorbet, desserts and nougat.I drank 3 copies of wine, 2 from Cava and Gintonic.
Dance without stopping and I had to replenish insulin (2ud) at 3:00 for the tonic sugar but: one day is a day.
For a month I am uncontrolled, it happens to me as @'emily'.Do what does lower number 160 and high 320 !!!
I came to think that my honeymoon had ended suddenly but ... yesterday I don't know how, after a month, I can control myself again and I am in normal values ​​for me.According to sensor this horrible month I have had a glyc of 9 !!!

Patience and to do their best.We don't have much more.

Yesterday I made spinach with Bechamel after 4 years without eating them and great :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/08/2018 8:03 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Cristarivera" if you go from 100 to 70 in a few minutes without doing anything and without putting you quickly insulin is that you should lower the slow.That can't happen to you.Slow insulin cannot make glycemia descend, it must keep it stable.If you lower more than 20 mg/dl in a couple of hours, low units.With the freestyle you can look at it.

The drop from 210 to 72 in a few minutes is not normal either.How do you inject insulin?It sounds like ultrarapid absorption in blood, it happened to me once and it just happened to me and it cost me a lot to overcome the hypoglycemia (taking Coca Cola in large quantities I had 45 and also started from hyperglycemia ...

If you put insulin to eat only nougat be careful, why nougat fat will not be absorbed quickly and can cause you hypoglycemia and then a rise, you have to take into account the glucemic index of food to avoid this type of situations.If you eat the dessert nougat of a meal, with bread, potatoes etc ... the Turrron will absorb more tapestly and it is easier to control

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/08/2018 9:47 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Cristina, and before a hypoglycemia especially do not get nervous.Take carbohydrates (from 10 to 15 grams) wait 15-20 minutes and will upload you.If you don't upload, repeat ... but above all keep calm

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/08/2018 9:59 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

I didn't do anything of particular @JPR, I lowered the bread a little because I was high and did not plan to take nougat.I took vegetables without dressing and with 100 gr of cooked potato, and a grilled chicken breast with a little mustard.They corresponded to me 2.1 UI but as I was with 196 I put 3 IU and organize the World Cup.
Seeing that at 4 I was in 71 and I chopped to the emergency room even though I used to take little from Turron when I saw myself in 120 and in a chopnothing.Already in the Emergencies (in the FJD1) as I was crowded and the Free climbed me to 78 I went with a taxi to my health center;There he saw me a nurse and sent me home because I had 140 two hours but it was to get home and start shooting up and at 18.30 I put average IU with 350 (I was afraid to get more after what I hadhappened) and I had just put the basal.He did not flinch, continued up and at 19.30 I put 1.5 IU with 464.He went down a little at 20.30, 456, and continued until at 23, 00 I put another bolus of 1 already with 352 and had a york ham and a mandarin wedge (go Christmas banquet !!!).I went to bed with 318 and got up with 93!What makes me think that it is not a basal thing ... I don't know
The 5 and 6 happened to me the same thing and that I was careful with the sugar and did not take it but take bread or milk and did not upload me so much.Yesterday the normal high day passes yes but go, and today I got up with 203 so I have put one more insulin unit (I have 4 for values ​​between 90 and 170 and 5 to 230).Well, it is already up like a crazy one and in the free it gives me 297 and it has been breakfast time and a half.I really don't know what to do, what a rollazo that I put you !!!
I have called nurses but nothing answers must be superliad.Let's see today how.
Tb that the little nougat I take, I think I have never come to take more than 15 g of HC, it is always after eating, never just, what I have done is eat less bread or fruit to be able to supply with nougat.In fact, the grapes chose them and despite 42 grams were manises instead of grapes but well and everything will not exceed the HC unit that I take on fruit nights.I'm not dismembered and I get blind, I'm very aware ...
The fast insulin in the gut and I try not to blood since I read in a thread that could cause guys to go directly to a capillary.Before I was less careful and sometimes I got a droplet and the truth never happened to me but now I am more careful and tanto a little before entering to kill ...
Well, in those I'm thank you very much @JPr you are always the remove and I thank you for a lot.
I will tell you that educators tell me if I can talk to them
All the best

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
01/08/2018 10:43 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.