{'en': 'Free Freestyle, will there be an alternative?', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre, habrá una alternativa?'} Image

Free Freestyle, will there be an alternative?

cheroki's profile photo   02/14/2018 10:06 a.m.

antonimar said:
I say the same as others have worked wonderfully when I have had a problem I solved it right away, one took off one and in 4 days they sent me another free spare.
On the other hand, trying another MGC is 3 times more expensive

The Leon is not so fierce how they paint it, about the "other MCG" (or in some cases, you have to see it).If you move in DIY forums, help, nightcout .... You will see how many more things can be done to save, and even in many cases the free is coming out more expensive than other McG really, even if you do not believe it.

And about "trying with another MGC is 3 times more expensive" .... it is incorrect .... it is not to try another ... it is to try an McG ... and then you see if it is 3 times more expensive or not.Free is not MCG no matter how much marketing that people swallow.I do not doubt that there are happy people with him (better than the strips), but it is not MCG, and does not give you the quality of life that a MCG gives you.People, thanks to Abbott's deception, is what they don't know ... they believe they have bought McG and even much more "cheap" than other McG ... and not ... that it will be much cheaper (notEconomic) but it is not mcg.MCG is something else, it is what we need type I, do not compare it with other mcg because it cannot be (and abbott legs above, and call him whatever, that they are lying)

Abbott is scandal ... They have eaten the market with a mediocre product pulling bad but with fantastic marketing.And a product that although it is a help to a type I ... or far is what we need.
If we talked about Abbott's Navigator III .... I don't say anything, continuous meter ... but the free have taken it out of the sleeve, they have cheated people how novelty, as a continuous meter ... they will have smeared very well topublic bodies, because it is shameful that it is intended to finance that for type I diabetics having what we have for many years.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/14/2018 11:06 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I was using the Free Style almost a year and the truth when you come from me everything traditional is a huge jump, to see the effects of food, sport, meetings, tension, night, etc.In my case, the experience with the customer service was very bad because it turns out that the festyle glue gave me allergy and after many calls, photos and others, the answer was, this is not made for you.Later I discovered the Dexcom that, although it is more expensive to start, the sensors last for 24 days, now the average monthly spending is not as different, and as you have said, it is another issue and really a jump.

In my opinion there are two different alternatives, to start cost and learning the Free gives a lot, for example on flights for 12 hours, having the free meant a lot of many many

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/18/2018 10:35 a.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

I was using the Free Style almost a year and the truth when you come from me everything traditional is a huge jump, to see the effects of food, sport, meetings, tension, night, etc.In my case, the experience with the customer service was very bad because it turns out that the festyle glue gave me allergy and after many calls, photos and others, the answer was, this is not made for you.Later I discovered the Dexcom that, although it is more expensive to start, the sensors last for 24 days, now the average monthly spending is not as different, and as you have said, it is another issue and really a jump.

In my opinion there are two different alternatives, to start cost and learning the free gives a lot, for example in flights for 12 hours, having the free prevented me a lot of punctures.

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/18/2018 10:36 a.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

@antonimar an MCG is not 3 times more expensive, I also think that you cannot compare, how you are going to compare a device that measures glucose every 5 minutes and vibrates if it goes up to 140 or low of 70, which is like meam I put?
I also believe that free is a hoax and does not help improve the quality of life, it only takes away your punctures, but you have to continue performing an action to measure blood glucose, but you don't know how much you have.With the Dexcom, you carry it without worrying, and if you vibrate you already look at it, they have nothing to do, in fact it seems expensive for me to simply take away from the glycemia.Unless you put the system to make mgc ...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/18/2018 1:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello:
We have been waiting for the patches for 18 days, without any response.It is a shame, they sell the product and then do not work it.Advise well before buying it.It is a hoax

maika's profile photo
maika
03/18/2018 3:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

maika said:
hello:
We have been waiting for the patches for 18 days, without any response.It is a shame, they sell the product and then do not work it.Advise well before buying it.It is a hoax

Abott reported his delays of up to 3 weeks - 1 month in orders and that is the delivery time he is complying.If they serve it, but with that delivery period.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/19/2018 12:07 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

maritxu22 said:
@antonimar a mcg is not 3 times more expensive, I also think that you cannot compare, how you are going to compare a device that measures glucose every 5 minutes and vibrates you ifIt goes up to 140 or low of 70, what is I placed on?
I also believe that free is a hoax and does not help improve the quality of life, it only takes away your punctures, but you have to continue performing an action to measure blood glucose, but you don't know how much you have.With the Dexcom, you carry it without worrying, and if you vibrate you already look at it, they have nothing to do, in fact it seems expensive for me to simply take away from the glycemia.Unless you put the system to make mgc ...

Good thing is that I am considering the Dexcon they told me that in principle it lasts 7 days but can you extend it almost a month ???
Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/19/2018 7:13 p.m.

Jegalonso said:
I was using the free style almost a year and the truth when you come from me everything traditional is a huge jump, to see the effects of food, sport, meetings, tension, tension,The night, etc.In my case, the experience with the customer service was very bad because it turns out that the festyle glue gave me allergy and after many calls, photos and others, the answer was, this is not made for you.Later I discovered the Dexcom that, although it is more expensive to start, the sensors last for 24 days, now the average monthly spending is not as different, and as you have said, it is another issue and really a jump.

In my opinion there are two different alternatives, to start cost and learning the Free gives a lot, for example on flights for 12 hours, having the free meant a lot of punctures.

Good thing is that I am considering the Dexcon they told me that in principle it lasts 7 days but can you extend it almost a month ???
Thank you

DiabetesForo
03/19/2018 7:13 p.m.

antonimar said:
jegalonso said:
I was using the free style almost a year and the truth when you come from me everything traditional is a huge jump, power powerSee the effects of food, sport, meetings, tension, night, etc.In my case, the experience with the customer service was very bad because it turns out that the festyle glue gave me allergy and after many calls, photos and others, the answer was, this is not made for you.Later I discovered the Dexcom that, although it is more expensive to start, the sensors last for 24 days, now the average monthly spending is not as different, and as you have said, it is another issue and really a jump.

In my opinion there are two different alternatives, to start cost and learning the Free gives a lot, for example on flights for 12 hours, having the free meant a lot of punctures.

Thank you

Yes, Dexcom lasts 7 days although normal is that you can extend it a few more days.In my case, it never worked well beyond 8-9 days, since it started with interrogations, jumps in the graphics and quite diverted values ​​with respect to the capillary.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/20/2018 8:26 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

antonimar said:
maritxu22 said:
@antonimar an mcg is not 3 times more expensive, I also think that they cannot be compared, how you will compareA device that measures glucose every 5 minutes and vibrates if it goes up to 140 or low of 70, what is I placed?

Thanks

Good, in my case I put it in the upper part of the buttocks (for comfort) and it usually lasts between 22 and 42 days, the most common is to last 28. If I get two days with many interrogations I change it.Only on one occasion it lasted less than 7 days and I called Novalab, I explained that the sensor had failed and as a 1 week guarantee they sent me a new one without any problem.
For me it is certainly highly recommended and the amorto.

Maritxu22
03/20/2018 4:30 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

maritxu22 said:
antonimar said:
maritxu22 said:
maritxu22 said:
@antonimar a mcg is not 3 times more expensive,I also think that you cannot compare, how are you going to compare a device that measures glucose every 5 minutes and vibrates if it goes up to 140 or low of 70, what is I like?

Thanks

Good, in my case I put it in the upper part of the buttocks (for comfort) and it usually lasts between 22 and 42 days, the most common is to last 28. If I get two days with many interrogations I change it.Only on one occasion it lasted less than 7 days and I called Novalab, I explained that the sensor had failed and as a 1 week guarantee they sent me a new one without any problem.
For me it is certainly highly recommended and the amorto.

Ok thank you I understand that you put it on it and what do you say without doing anything else?
I'm thinking of changing although they told me that the free possibly in 2 years also let you know but I would not expect that

DiabetesForo
03/20/2018 4:43 p.m.

Antonimar@, I do nothing special, when a week passes the sensor warns you that "you have to renew sensor", then you stop the sensor and start a new sensor (which is actually the same), and you wait two hours for calibration(What are you doing when you wear a new sensor).
I also use transpirable transparent adhesive dressing to better fix the dressing included in each sensor, and it has never taken off, it is the type of dressing that is used to fix the venous pathways, x example.
For all your doubts, Dexcom's thread is very good, and if I can help you with something else you tell me,

A health

Maritxu22
03/20/2018 6:53 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Pabloj2000 said:
jpr said:
Dexcom demands a large initial disbursement, which exceeds 1000 euros, speaking of G5, is around 1300 euros+ VAT.The sensors last 7 days (they can stretch more, although in my case I reach 10 and regulate already, with incoherent and little useful data, although there are people who stretch them much more with good results) and the transmitter changes each3 months, which would require adding that theinest amount.It is a good system, especially for alarms and why it is really a continuous measurement.It demands a capillary calibration every 12 hours and the precision is good.In my case, 2 sensors were defective, with unconnected data and with jumps in the graph the second and fourth day.The rest I used there were no problems, but in my experience, the free has absolutely the same precision as Dexcom, since even I welled a free sensor and another Dexcom, both nailing the capillary glycemia (even even more freely approaching the free than thedexcom).Surely there are people who can contribute more info than me, since I use Dexcom for about 2 months, I did not like the spectacular of the sensor and its insertion and in my case the experience was “good”, simply, but I did not notice any improvement inThe precision of the glycemia with respect to free, as I am commenting ... Now I use MEDRORONIC's Enlite and I am very happy with the system since it connects with the insulin pump but the accuracy of the free, its ease of application, theNo capillary calibration, that is priceless ...

JPR, I would not speak or precision, that is almost irrelevant (in my case), I speak that the free is not a continuous meter, that is without alarms, and that is not worth it, perhaps to learn patterns, apply them to your diet,To your life .... Ok ... but if you want to live "up to date"Or 12% I don't care (I mean, if I have 170, one marks 150 and another 185 is indifferent to me) ... what I want are alarms for levels and trends, fallen into chopped, etc.Seeing "how I have been" the last hours it is no use or interest me ...

By the way, the Dexcom "demands" a calibration, it is not the case ... I have been 2 days without giving calibration ... eg, Medtronic I think that if it demands it (it does not mark you if you do not put it) the Dexcom simplyIt marks you a droplet that calibrates, but nothing happens if you do not, and when you have been with him for many years (I already almost 10) know perfectly when it goes well or badly.The Dexcom need to have it a long time to meet him and you know when a sensor is dead ... or has made a nonsense but still have days ...

Medtronic is another option, with alarms .... it seems perfect, and there are also people who speak well (the sensors last much less, although if they lasted 8 or 9 days of the dexcom, they will be on par, but from there I thinkThat they do not pass, they do not have the ease of being of the Dexcom, if you stretch them, of course ... although also how it is included in the subscription does not matter ... if the Dexcom lasts 15 days ... or 1 month... is another song)

But a type I diabetic needs a continuous meter (whether medtronic or dexcom) ... the other ... it doesn't work, be it cheap, be painless, be beautiful ... but it is my opinion.Greetings

Hello, I am a free freestyle user for more than three years and I think I see in your comments a lack of information about the current freestyle sensor 3. This sensor incorporates continuous medication since every minute sends the measurement to the application of the phone.The application controls low or high sugar alarms with large adjustment margins.It also incorporates signal loss alarm to warn that you have moved away a lot from the phone.For all this I am delightedWith its functioning since through the free application Link Up Pedo Send the measurements and alarms to the mobile of my wife and/or daughter through Wifi.
The current problem with the delays is due to the bottleneck it has with the sensor 3 manufacture is not in the distribution.In my prices, shipments are included so I do not understand that it is expensive to send.In order not to click my fingers and when Abbott tells me that the delivery period would be several week what I have been to ask for sensor 2 whose delivery period remains a real week.
Finally, it seems to me that the forums are to receive information and nolo complaints.In this case, those currently injured by all private users of sensor 3.
Greetings

JuanMF's profile photo
JuanMF
02/02/2023 7:24 p.m.

Juanmf said:
Pabloj2000 said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
the dexcom demands a large initial disbursement, which exceeds the1000 euros, speaking of G5, is around 1300 euros + VAT.The sensors last 7 days (they can stretch more, although in my case I reach 10 and regulate already, with incoherent and little useful data, although there are people who stretch them much more with good results) and the transmitter changes each3 months, which would require adding that theinest amount.It is a good system, especially for alarms and why it is really a continuous measurement.It demands a capillary calibration every 12 hours and the precision is good.In my case, 2 sensors were defective, with unconnected data and with jumps in the graph the second and fourth day.The rest I used there were no problems, but in my experience, the free has absolutely the same precision as Dexcom, since even I welled a free sensor and another Dexcom, both nailing the capillary glycemia (even even more freely approaching the free than thedexcom).Surely there are people who can contribute more info than me, since I use Dexcom for about 2 months, I did not like the spectacular of the sensor and its insertion and in my case the experience was “good”, simply, but I did not notice any improvement inThe precision of the glycemia with respect to free, as I am commenting ... Now I use MEDRORONIC's Enlite and I am very happy with the system since it connects with the insulin pump but the accuracy of the free, its ease of application, theNo capillary calibration, that is priceless ...

JPR, I would not speak or precision, that is almost irrelevant (in my case), I speak that the free is not a continuous meter, that is without alarms, and that is not worth it, perhaps to learn patterns, apply them to your diet,To your life .... Ok ... but if you want to live "up to date"Or 12% I don't care (I mean, if I have 170, one marks 150 and another 185 is indifferent to me) ... what I want are alarms for levels and trends, fallen into chopped, etc.Seeing "how I have been" the last hours it is no use or interest me ...

By the way, the Dexcom "demands" a calibration, it is not the case ... I have been 2 days without giving calibration ... eg, Medtronic I think that if it demands it (it does not mark you if you do not put it) the Dexcom simplyIt marks you a droplet that calibrates, but nothing happens if you do not, and when you have been with him for many years (I already almost 10) know perfectly when it goes well or badly.The Dexcom need to have it a long time to meet him and you know when a sensor is dead ... or has made a nonsense but still have days ...

Medtronic is another option, with alarms .... it seems perfect, and there are also people who speak well (the sensors last much less, although if they lasted 8 or 9 days of the dexcom, they will be on par, but from there I thinkThat they do not pass, they do not have the ease of being of the Dexcom, if you stretch them, of course ... although also how it is included in the subscription does not matter ... if the Dexcom lasts 15 days ... or 1 month... is another song)

But a type I diabetic needs a continuous meter (whether medtronic or dexcom) ... the other ... it doesn't work, be it cheap, be painless, be beautiful ... but it is my opinion.Greetings

Hello, I am a free freestyle user for more than three years and I think I see in your comments a lack of information about the current freestyle sensor 3. This sensor incorporates continuous medication since every minute sends the measurement to the application of the phone.The application controls low or high sugar alarms with large adjustment margins.It also incorporates signal loss alarm to warn that you have moved a lot to thephone.For all this I am delighted with its functioning since through the free application Link Up Pedo Send the measurements and alarms to the mobile of my wife and/or daughter through Wifi.
The current problem with the delays is due to the bottleneck it has with the sensor 3 manufacture is not in the distribution.In my prices, shipments are included so I do not understand that it is expensive to send.In order not to click my fingers and when Abbott tells me that the delivery period would be several week what I have been to ask for sensor 2 whose delivery period remains a real week.
Finally, it seems to me that the forums are to receive information and nolo complaints.In this case, those currently injured by all private users of sensor 3.
Greetings

If you click on the box to the left of the magnifying glass, the date of the messages comes out.You will see that the last one is from 2018, nor did the free 3 exist

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/02/2023 9:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Fernandog said:
has already happened to me 3 times, two with sensors and another with a reader who broke down.The care service is not the problem in itself, but the factory/warehouse that should not be brought with orders and have no decency to say anything.Whenever you call there has been an error, a problem, or a setback.I always say that if I told them that when paying ...

On the alternatives, you have Dexcom and it seems that Roche (I think in Spain is accu-check) the bad is the price.I could have tried the Dexcom for a long time but my economy does not allow me

Me in San Sebastián Gipuzkoa is given to me social security

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
02/05/2023 9:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.