{'en': 'Free Freestyle, will there be an alternative?', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre, habrá una alternativa?'} Image

Free Freestyle, will there be an alternative?

cheroki's profile photo   02/14/2018 10:06 a.m.

I have been with the sensor for a few months, and I am looking forward to other companies to get another device equal or better, the customer service, it is pathetic, I do not know what is called customer service.

On the other hand, it takes me to arrive the sensors more than 1 week, so that we pay shipping costs?If what they do is accumulate the maximum orders to get it out of factory.

It seems to me a company that does not think of its customers, and more with the product they manufacture, the sensor is a great advance, but at the time I can change without hesitation.

I recommend your purchase right now that we don't have many more options but without hesitation I will change.

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/14/2018 10:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, on the contrary: I only have good things to say about Abott's customer service.I have used free freestyle for almost two years, I have never had any problems with them and they have kindly solve the incidents that I have had on occasion with the sensors.Shipments also take a week.
In the clear market that there are more available options for interstitial glucose measurement, you have the Connect Guardian of Medtronic and the DEXCOM.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/14/2018 10:55 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I know that there are the models that you indicate, I am investigating if they can do well, I insist 1 week to deliver a product paying what is paid by the shipment is a robbery, I assure you that in 24 hrs maximum you have a shipment from end of theCountry ... And I repeat the customer service is the worst service that I know, I don't know if I had bad luck or you were very lucky ... xq does not know anything about what I ask them ... according to them everything isof another department ... laugh!They don't seem competent and much less serious.A very bad company.

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/14/2018 1:02 p.m.

Well, I agree with @"jpr" ... Abbott treats me very well.
If it is true that in the last 3 months they are delaying deliveries, before it was 5 days but it is well a matter of organizing.
The sensors are sent to me from Brussels or France ... according to.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/14/2018 9:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I keep insisting ..

02/10/2018
1 product € 125.75
VAT included
ON HOLD

We are from 19/02 my order continues "On Hold" is a shame !!!For my part they lost a client.

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/19/2018 9:04 a.m.

It has already happened to me 3 times, two with sensors and another with a reader who broke down.The care service is not the problem in itself, but the factory/warehouse that should not be brought with orders and have no decency to say anything.Whenever you call there has been an error, a problem, or a setback.I always say that if I told them that when paying ...

On the alternatives, you have Dexcom and it seems that Roche (I think in Spain is accu-check) the bad is the price.I could have tried Dexcom for a long time but my economy does not allow me to disburse 1000 euros in a start kit

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/19/2018 4:40 p.m.

Fernando, you are right, the problem is its distribution, anyway the product is not cheap, and it is all to save costs, if they are serving in Spain (and I think that more and more in some communities already enters for social security) They should have a warehouse with stock in our country, so it seems to me that they are a disaster as a company, and what they carry are not · "pipes" .... we cannot expect so much time to have the sensor, and some people fromHere ... they tell you, he is foresee ... and that translates into a gasent 125 euros more to have a couple of sensors at home ... and that should not be so.I believe and I hope that in the short medium term we can enjoy all other sensor models, I will certainly not use this.My first reader kit and 2 sensors asked for it on November 11 ... After many complaints I arrived on December 27 !!!of laughter !!!And now I'm the same !!!As you say to charge they don't have those problems !!!

all the best

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/19/2018 4:50 p.m.

For your information .. I still wait for the sensors ... I am no longer the only one, some colleagues who are in my situation told them that the delay is already 3 weeks ... nothing comes from the 02 -day of factory !!Do you still think the same ???What ABBOTT fraud ... esi yes !!!They already charged the money !!!

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/22/2018 9:21 a.m.

I have to say that I had been satisfied with the freestyle so far.Whenever I had called any problem I was kindly solved.I have made an order of 4 sensors on 08/02, and today, 02/22, I have not received it.I do not usually ask for more because sometimes they come with a very close expiration date and you have to return them.Now I have the problem that the sensor ends today and I don't have more.Worst of all, I call Abbott and they tell me that they carry sensors all week, and they have no idea when they will come out again.It seems quite bad that at the time of purchase this incidence is not indicated, since if I had known it, I would have tried to look for life to get a sensor for my girl.A pity, because he was quite satisfied with his performance so far, despite some of his failures.

Kazu's profile photo
Kazu
02/22/2018 1:51 p.m.

Padre de niña de 5 años con DM1
Usuario de Freestyle Libre y I Port Advance
Lantus y Apidra

@"Foot Calluses", you are very heavy, I already denounced you to eliminate the moderators.Goodbye very good.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/22/2018 4:50 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

What you do is pure and hard spam

txitxo's profile photo
txitxo
02/22/2018 5:08 p.m.

@"Footcallus" to help you sell it rather.At most it is put in a thread related to that issue not in all recent that this forum is not to endure that they try to sell anything.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/22/2018 5:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Totally agree, you take advantage of this "channel" to sell a product.

Does anyone know if you can get the sensor differently?or only through the ABBOOT website?

They inform me that for 3 weeks the situation would not be normalized, and I do not believe them.

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/22/2018 5:24 p.m.

Well, less bad that I have advanced and asked for the sensors on the 16th and I have the one that I wear and 1 more because seen what I have seen that even when I expand the last one do not reach me;It is sad that we have to be like this, it does not seem normal that having 2 sensors that with which "theoretically" you will be able to be 1 month we have to be anticipating 1 month in the order when the delivery time they compromise are 5-7 working days, in FIN.-

Anyway, I already commented on the other thread of the freestyle that what happened in November with the delays of the orders was not going to be a specific problem of Logistics of Abbott, as the public health of various countries in Europe has begunTo totally or partially finance the whole world or to those under 18, such as some autonomous communities in Spain, this was going to be the each day's PANN for individuals that we buy 1, 2 or 4 sensors in theWebsite because they will have committed to supply thousands of sensors to hospitals and health centers that are going to reverse millions of benefit and fixed since they will have some type of annual contract and we will be the ant that when they have availability will comply withshipments and when they do not have enough sensors to which they will make us wait for 1 month or more will be to individuals.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/22/2018 6:51 p.m.

As @"sigsauer" says, it was already said that this delay is not punctual for the simple reason that they are currently overwhelmed and will take a long time until they are technically updated to supply the sensors promptly.The last order took me 22 days, thankfully I made the order when I still had 2.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/22/2018 7:33 p.m.

And to worsen the matter, I fear that to try to manufacture many sensors in a short time to meet the demand, they will end up using suppliers of bad quality components and the sensors will begin to fail more than a fair of a fair :-(

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
02/22/2018 9:13 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

I just made an order of 6 after reads.I have 1.5 sensors.
We will see if it takes a month like the previous one.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/22/2018 9:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Runing50" That is precisely what does not seem normal, that staying 2 sensors for 1 month we have to make another order because the sensors "who knows" when they will arrive.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/23/2018 9:04 a.m.

It is not normal @"sigsauer" but it is what there is now.Even a multinational like Abbott, when there is a sudden change in the supply and demand market, takes time to react;However, I hope they do it quickly, because they know that if they respond to the market, people will continue to buy their sensors and on the other hand there will be more health services that will include their patients for free.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/23/2018 5:41 p.m.

Cheroki said:
I've been with the sensor for a few months, and I am looking forward to other companiescustomer.

On the other hand, it takes me to arrive the sensors more than 1 week, so that we pay shipping costs?If what they do is accumulate the maximum orders to get it out of factory.

It seems to me a company that does not think of its customers, and more with the product they manufacture, the sensor is a great advance, but at the time I can change without hesitation.

I recommend your purchase right now that we don't have many more options but without hesitation I will change.

Link style = "max>

Look another device the same or better?But if the free is, or rather, it is not, a continuous meter ...
You have options such as Dexcom or Medtronic with continuous meters of real.I can only tell you about Dexcom that logically is infinitely better than any free, which is a very expensive product for what it offers (free ... is a mere substitute for the strips), and that does not work for all diabetics (AType II will do well ... but to type I .... nothing to do with a continuous meter and its alarms that save you from hypos, etc).

You have much better options, moreover, you have had options for 10 years (already at that time Dexcom for example, I had the Seven, which was already a continuous meter, with alarms, etc ...).The free thing is of traca when they took it out "as a novelty" and the mobile or receiver through the arm is of laughter ... an excellent marketing, simply.But it is my opinion of course.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
02/24/2018 1:24 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.