{'en': 'Free Freestyle, will there be an alternative?', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre, habrá una alternativa?'} Image

Free Freestyle, will there be an alternative?

cheroki's profile photo   02/14/2018 10:06 a.m.

jpr said:
Well, on the contrary: I only have good things to say about Abott's customer service.I have used free freestyle for almost two years, I have never had any problems with them and they have kindly solve the incidents that I have had on occasion with the sensors.Shipments also take a week.
In the clear market that there are more available options for interstitial glucose measurement, you have the Connect Guardian of Medtronic and the DEXCOM.

Good, just one question, which costs the first kit annually, but the "machine" I think you have to change..etc ??
And that's what I mean the same or better ..

Greetings

cheroki's profile photo
cheroki
02/24/2018 8:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Dexcom demands a large initial disbursement, which exceeds 1000 euros, speaking of G5, is around 1300 euros + VAT.The sensors last 7 days (they can stretch more, although in my case I reach 10 and regulate already, with incoherent and little useful data, although there are people who stretch them much more with good results) and the transmitter changes each3 months, which would require adding that theinest amount.It is a good system, especially for alarms and why it is really a continuous measurement.It demands a capillary calibration every 12 hours and the precision is good.In my case, 2 sensors were defective, with unconnected data and with jumps in the graph the second and fourth day.The rest I used there were no problems, but in my experience, the free has absolutely the same precision as Dexcom, since even I welled a free sensor and another Dexcom, both nailing the capillary glycemia (even even more freely approaching the free than thedexcom).Surely there are people who can contribute more info than me, since I use Dexcom for about 2 months, I did not like the spectacular of the sensor and its insertion and in my case the experience was “good”, simply, but I did not notice any improvement inThe precision of the glycemia with respect to free, as I am commenting ... Now I use MEDRORONIC's Enlite and I am very happy with the system since it connects with the insulin pump but the accuracy of the free, its ease of application, theNo capillary calibration, that is priceless ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/25/2018 9:34 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello!I have only used Dexcom G4 and I think the most useful for type I x diabetes the theme of alarms.Every five minutes he measured and warns you if it reaches the limits that you have put or if it goes up or down (I have it 70-130).I have been using it for 14 months and 14 spent sensors, since on average they last 28-30 days.It is true that the initial disbursement is enough, but I get profitable for the duration of the sensors.On one occasion I had a defective sensor, I called them and they changed it without problem.
For the sending of the sensors they are very fast, it takes 1 or 2 days.And to me the way to insert it seems quite simple once you get used to the truth.The only possible downside I see with the Dexcom is the price, otherwise I think it deserves a lot of it.
All the best!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/25/2018 6:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Cheroki said:
jpr said:
well on the contrary: I only have good things to say about Abott's customer service.I have used free freestyle for almost two years, I have never had any problems with them and they have kindly solve the incidents that I have had on occasion with the sensors.Shipments also take a week.
In the clear market that there are more available options for interstitial glucose measurement, you have the Connect Guardian of Medtronic and the DEXCOM.

Good, just one question, which costs the first kit annually, but the "machine" I think you have to change..etc ??
And that's what I mean the same or better ..

Greetings

Cheroki, on the Dexcom my case is surely not "relevant."
Speaking of prices, a subscription for a G4 gets the box at 310 euros (4 sensors), and then here it is already what lasts to each one.They last "only" 14 days (I could stretch some more but I don't want) ... I have friends who last 1 month ... and up to 2 months ... so that is where the crux will be of the matter, if they last 7 or 8 days, it is very expensive.

The initial investment is "whatever you want", you can buy the receiver if you want or if not, no, only the transmitter (either G4 or G5, my advice, G4, which is much finer than the G5 and lasts 1anus).And then, if you enter some groups, you can make the XDRIP box (about 70 euros and you already send data from the G4 transmitter to the mobile), and you will even see that things can be made to reuse the transmitters, that already goes with each one.To me personally, I get much cheaper than a free, but that is another topic (and I carry a clock that marks the glycemia next to the time for eg all the time)

The free has a fixed cost, 120 euros per month .... With Dexcom you will have to make the numbers yourself ... to my 120 euros a month without alarms I find it very expensive, simlpeously useless (I almost save the money and I follow myselfClicking my fingers ... What I want is to wake me up at night for eg, we will avoid hypoglycemia ... Do not save to score the values ​​in the notebook, which I no longer did).Now you have the option of putting the blucon that is a speech that is put on the free and transmits the data every 5 minutes (it makes it a continuous meter) of course that you carry an impressive stick on top of the sensor, and it is not waterproof either.Come on, an APAÑO ...

Abbott had continuous meters such as Navigator 1 and 2 ... and left him for free, who for a type II diabetic may be fine, but for a type I, it does not work.We need McG, the flash is a substitute for the strips ...

About the cost ... you don't speak equally or better ... you really ... You talk more economically.Cheap, I already tell you that the free is the cheapest .... now you will have to see it with what they last to you.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
02/26/2018 10:42 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jpr said:
The Dexcom demands a large initial disbursement, which exceeds 1000 euros, speaking of G5, is around 1300 euros + VAT.The sensors last 7 days (they can stretch more, although in my case I reach 10 and regulate already, with incoherent and little useful data, although there are people who stretch them much more with good results) and the transmitter changes each3 months, which would require adding that theinest amount.It is a good system, especially for alarms and why it is really a continuous measurement.It demands a capillary calibration every 12 hours and the precision is good.In my case, 2 sensors were defective, with unconnected data and with jumps in the graph the second and fourth day.The rest I used there were no problems, but in my experience, the free has absolutely the same precision as Dexcom, since even I welled a free sensor and another Dexcom, both nailing the capillary glycemia (even even more freely approaching the free than thedexcom).Surely there are people who can contribute more info than me, since I use Dexcom for about 2 months, I did not like the spectacular of the sensor and its insertion and in my case the experience was “good”, simply, but I did not notice any improvement inThe precision of the glycemia with respect to free, as I am commenting ... Now I use MEDRORONIC's Enlite and I am very happy with the system since it connects with the insulin pump but the accuracy of the free, its ease of application, theNo capillary calibration, that is priceless ...

JPR, I would not speak or precision, that is almost irrelevant (in my case), I speak that the free is not a continuous meter, that is without alarms, and that is not worth it, perhaps to learn patterns, apply them to your diet,To your life .... Ok ... but if you want to live "up to date"Or 12% I don't care (I mean, if I have 170, one marks 150 and another 185 is indifferent to me) ... what I want are alarms for levels and trends, fallen into chopped, etc.Seeing "how I have been" the last hours it is no use or interest me ...

By the way, the Dexcom "demands" a calibration, it is not the case ... I have been 2 days without giving calibration ... eg, Medtronic I think that if it demands it (it does not mark you if you do not put it) the Dexcom simplyIt marks you a droplet that calibrates, but nothing happens if you do not, and when you have been with him for many years (I already almost 10) know perfectly when it goes well or badly.The Dexcom need to have it a long time to meet him and you know when a sensor is dead ... or has made a nonsense but still have days ...

Medtronic is another option, with alarms .... it seems perfect, and there are also people who speak well (the sensors last much less, although if they lasted 8 or 9 days of the dexcom, they will be on par, but from there I thinkThat they do not pass, they do not have the ease of being of the Dexcom, if you stretch them, of course ... although also how it is included in the subscription does not matter ... if the Dexcom lasts 15 days ... or 1 month... is another song)

But a type I diabetic needs a continuous meter (whether medtronic or dexcom) ... the other ... it doesn't work, be it cheap, be painless, be beautiful ... but it is my opinion.Greetings

pabloj2000
02/26/2018 10:52 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@"Pabloj2000" Obviously, I can speak just, so you are much more expert than in this system, since as I say I used it about 2 months and little.
For the subject of precision, for me it is important, but hey, I also understand that for some it is not so much and is worth only knowing their trends.To me a system that measures me 120 and I am really 170 is not worth it (it was not the case of Dexcom, which is recorded), and with that percentage of deviation I cannot control my diabetes well.I seek to combine a system that is as well as possible, comfortable and it is worth in my day to day and to me the free freestyle if it has earned me, and much, with which it can only speak very well of it.Alarms are obviously necessary for many people, help reduce stress derived from diabetes (although in some cases it can increase it), but for some people they will be more important than for others (if you have inadvertent hypos you have to have alarms if or if or if).I now have the Enlite and I have almost no alarms activated, only one in 250 and another in 50. The rest, let the smartguard and the automatic stop, but I do not find out when the pump stops, for example ....
Returning to Dexcom I also tell you that there are people who are doing better than others, like all systems.I am tired of reading in this forum to people who do not do well and I have always been great.That happened to me a little with Dexcom: after 7 - 8 days I gave me incoherent data, jumps in the graph, interrogations, important differences in the sensor and capillary values ​​... I am not worth it anymore,sincerely.But I repeat again: it is a very very good, excellent system, but it does not seem to me to be the best at all ... in fact it is an error even comparing them.Each one needs a different system for their diabetes, one can serve more than others, and currentIt suits you.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 11:25 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

JPR I do not talk about those differences ... sometimes (and is fashionable) it is said that if one has an error of 11% and another 9% ... for me that is irrelevant ... but alreadyWhen you put the 2 calibrations in the Dexcom for example, with the drop, and the same drop, are you error in the glucometer of a lifetime?one 140 and another 160 by eg.
I mean that there may be (and I talk about everyone), they seem totally secondary.The important thing is the trends and alarms ... Poruqe in the end I give of course they are "reliable", although each person is a world, of course ... I know people that Dexcom lasts little, but many of them.It lasts a lot.Also, over time you know how to interpret perfectly how a sensor is going.As you say ... I could stretch it more than 14 days (2 reset) but to be fighting with him, with?In the end he does not make the function, so already to the second restart I change it (except that I see that it is going very well), but the first ???, outside (and does not usually appear until the 14 days minimum).That is why you have to know it (I suppose that as the Medtronic, even for what they tell me, much more) and over time, you know perfectly where it marks better, where worse, when it goes well, bad ...

I say that a type I diabetic needs a continuous meter, and the free is not ... and alarms, and the free does not have them.
That is useful, yes, if the ss gives it to it, then better than the strips, yes ...
An MCG can deactivate the alarms on demand, if they bother you, do not interest you, or at a given time, if you put them .... that is good.People say that "alarms stress", because you turn them off!

Of course respect your opinion, and surely for you the best is the Medtronic (I insist, I have good comments) ... that it is a real McG, but I do not think that right now you renounce the alarms, having them.Because today, but tomorrow you are interested in putting them ... that's the difference.

I think that both the Medtronic and the Dexcom adapts to any diabetic (which you do not like alarms? Do you turn them off .... that you do not like to see the values ​​all the time? Do not look, do you turn it on whenever you want ....)... Free does not, and it is more, everyone makes the jump from free to these two ... but nobody curiously.No one wonders why?

And how do you say ... and say many "reviews" each one adapts to a person (this is typical of cars tests, where they say that they are all very good, of course, in the following pages you have the advertising of those thoseBrands ... what are they going to say?) ... But curiously, again .... Those who do the reviews always use an MCG with alarms .... Do you not believe that it is also curious, that for them alwaysThe best is that of "alarms", the real MCG ... but for others the free can serve for example?

Free has a lot of marketing ... the free had to be the Navigator II or III Link .... But it is seen that they dedicated the pasta to marketing, intime to the product.And we will all pay that.

What I comment is simply to say that the path to follow is the MCG, the real MCG, is called what is called ... free or should exist, because it has been an ABBott's play as an impressive laboratory, which have put it withShutter (I already tell you, when the free one comes out, the doctor tells me that "see what progress, what just left" (of course, the beautiful traveler had just passed, which would tell him that for every 10 free, he gave him an iPhone)And I freak out if I had been with a continuous meter for 6 years ...

greetings

pabloj2000
02/26/2018 11:40 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

But why do you say that free is not a continuous meter?

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/26/2018 11:44 a.m.

farce said:
but why do you say that the free is not a continuous meter?

Free is not a continuous meter why it demands from your action to know the glycemia you have.Both Dexcom and Medtronic send the data every 5 minutes to your mobile, the receiver or the pump (depending on the case) and are capable of various actions without the person (activate alarm or even stop the infusion of insulin to hypoglycemia, in theCase of Medtronic).Free is a system that although you can see your control in a temporary graph, it requires an action of the person to know how it is of blood glucose;Through a scan, so it is not as such a continuous meter

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 noon

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

farce said:

JPr explained perfectly .... that Abbott says it is, it is part of his marketing ... now they say it is "flash" (they have taken it out of the sleeve of "flash" although she cool :)).Also "on demand" they call him ...

Come on, it is not a continuous meter or has its advantages ... that is, avoid hypos by eg, alarms, etc ... is a "comfortable" substitute for the strips ... you still don't know how you are or where you are where you are... until you decide to look at it ... and maybe when you look at it you are 400 or 50 .... bad luck.He tells you what happened ... Not what is happening or what will happen.A booklet of the future.

greetings

pabloj2000
02/26/2018 12:38 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Joer have removed all the illusion.I planned to buy it and now I don't even want xDD and the others are very expensive :(

Anyway, if you are obsessed with looking at the glycemia, it could be considered a continuous meter?ha ha

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/26/2018 2:41 p.m.

farce said:
joer you have removed all the illusion.I planned to buy it and now I don't even want xDD and the others are very expensive :(

Anyway, if you are obsessed with looking at the glycemia, it could be considered a continuous meter?haha

You can acquire it.That it is not a continuous meter as such does not mean that it is not useful.I have used it for almost 2 years and everything perfect.You can scan as many times as you want.Yeah

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 2:58 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"Farstar" Free Style is useful even if it is not a continuous meter as such, it gives you a lot of information to improve control.Anyway there are options to turn it into a continuous meter such as Ambrosia Blucon: Link
There is some thread on the subject in the forum.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/26/2018 3:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

interesting!Instead of bleeding our fingers, our wallet is bleed

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/26/2018 3:10 p.m.

Well, do not sing victory because the fingers are still bleeding (although less) because minimum every time you start a sensor you have to compare it with the capillary measurements to see if it has a lot of deviation, although they do not usually have significant differences.
Among the few alternatives we have in the market, it is best to try the freestyle first, because the initiation kit costs "only" € 169.90 and the others have to disburse more than € 1000, and onceYou have tried you if you stay with him or change another.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/26/2018 8:29 p.m.

jpr said:
farce said:

Free is not a continuous meter why it demands from your action to know the glycemia you have.Both Dexcom and Medtronic send the data every 5 minutes to your mobile, the receiver or the pump (depending on the case) and are capable of various actions without the person (activate alarm or even stop the infusion of insulin to hypoglycemia, in theCase of Medtronic).Free is a system that although you can see your control in a temporary graph, it requires an action of the person to know how it is of blood glucose;Through a scan, that's why a continuous meter is not as such

For for that same reason, having to calibrate every 12 hours, others do not seem continuous.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
03/04/2018 1:10 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

diegomiquel said:
jpr said:
farce said:
farce said:
but why you say that the free is not a continuous meter?

Free is not a continuous meter why it demands from your action to know the glycemia you have.Both Dexcom and Medtronic send the data every 5 minutes to your mobile, the receiver or the pump (depending on the case) and are capable of various actions without the person (activate alarm or even stop the infusion of insulin to hypoglycemia, in theCase of Medtronic).Free is a system that although you can see your control in a temporary graph, it requires an action of the person to know how it is of blood glucose;Through a scan, that's why a continuous meter is not as such

For for that same reason, having to calibrate every 12 hours, others do not seem continuous.

But I think you confuse the concept "continuous meter" .... that you ask for a calibration (that you do not have to put it if you do not want ... the device continues to work, it does not stop marking, Dexcom at least) does not mean that noKeep measuring continuously and sending information, with alarms, etc ...
You also have to change the sensor ... and wait 2 hours for it to mark (ridiculous thing, but there are ways to skip it) ... and it is still continuous.
And you also have to load the battery every several days, of the receiver ... and be hooked to a "plug" 1 hour ....

The free as we know it, is an "invention" that have taken themselves out of the sleeve, pure marketing (and that's why we are here) .... leaving aside the Navigator who already had Abbott and those if they were continuous meters.That then there are "Apaños" like Blucon, or even who hits a clock on top ... correct, but they are Apaños.

Continuous measurement is something else.And the one that the test does not return to a free.Ask the reason ...
For a type II diabetic I see it well ... but for a type I .... pufffff or coña.Type I needs mcg, alarms, etc ...

greetings

pabloj2000
03/05/2018 3:44 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Lately those of Freestyle with the sensors is a messy I live in Asturias and I have pending orders on February 12, I don't know what to do, llamas and these 15 minutes to attend you and in the end they do not solve anything, when I started they asked for theSensors and it didn't take more than three days now month and a half I hope something comes out and put the batteries

magnolia's profile photo
magnolia
03/05/2018 7:06 p.m.

Request on the 12th ... ??Uff I have orders 4 sensors on the 16th and I expected them to arrive for this week because they said that in 3 weeks the updated orders would be but I see that it will be that no and the one I have placed expires me on Sunday, in the end to mentalizetouches !!!I am with @magnolia to see if they get competition.- I If there were Android application for Guardian Connect I would have changed, I am a little fed up with the monopoly, the commercials and the null forecast after financing for public health by ABBOTT.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2018 9:10 p.m.

I say the same as the others have worked wonderfully when I had a problem I solved it right away, I took off one and in 4 days they sent me another free spare.
On the other hand, trying another MGC is 3 times more expensive

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/12/2018 12:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.