{'en': 'Free Freestyle already covered public health!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre YA CUBIERTO SANIDAD PUBLICA!'} Image

Free Freestyle already covered public health!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/09/2018 12:53 p.m.

Today in Madrid (Gómez Ulla) they have told me that they already have the sensors of 14 patients for 3 months (then it will go through health centers).Now they have to program the use course (to see if I save it) and other technical issues, but I hope that before finishing January they have already solved it, which I am included :-)

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/26/2019 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
As many seems outrageous to me that the sensors are not available to all diabetics and that they are dispensed according to the endocrine criteria, in my opinion it should be dispensed in the health centers, this is not a whim, I have been drilling my fingers for 33 yearsLike many and it is well known that good diabetes control goes through more daily measurements, it is not because they are negative but they have advanced and it is more every health center should have a nurse specialized in diabetes to be able to make the queries.
I live in Mallorca and the truth is that more and more dissatisfied with the endocrine, the last time I played one on the phone because of the quarantine and he made me understand that he would look for life because he is not the one who takes me, incredible.
Anyway, they give the sensors in the health centers and stop nonsense that seem to pay them.

Greetings

Olgablas's profile photo
Olgablas
04/23/2020 8:06 a.m.

I do not know in the other regions but in Andalusia since February 2020, all type 1 diabetics, without exception, have been financed.My case is the opposite, I did the course, they gave me two sensors for the month and month of the review to see how they were going to continue and how we had gone.It was then that the coronavirus stop arrived and they called us to tell us that at the moment, that was going to be delayed and we still continue, so when the sensors ended, I started buying them for Abbot and I have already had four or five bought, notmemory.When everything returns to normal, I imagine that they will finance us again, which I do not know if the 1 or 2 because the 1 is no longer manufactured.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/23/2020 1:09 p.m.

By the way, they called me two days ago to tell me that they were going to send me eight sensors because it was not known when we could go to consult, and next week a telephone consultation with the nurse.He told me that they would surely be the 1 because they were the ones to give a month ago, but that perhaps some of the 2 would fall, which will then give us the 2 since it is the one that is manufactured.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/29/2020 11:06 a.m.

Hello,

I live in Catalonia, I have claimed many times, I have even taken the RD where they say they have to finance them to the consultation.I have been paying from the day they went on sale (3 or 4 years old).

They have told me that they know nothing, that the few that are decided by the endocrine and in cases of extreme need ...

I don't know if there is any citizen platform to report it ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2020 8:11 a.m.

Hello.

@lizgor totally agree, the same thing happens in Extremadura, only if you are a slave of what the endocrine tells you.

After a first consultation at the end of February, I decidedneeding insulin bailouts and a month until I regulate.

In the end, I buy the Free in Portugal since the recipe covers me and I get 7 euros each sensor.I am looking forward to returning to the Endocrine of the SES, although I doubt that I see me, because I put a claim and requested a change for the treatment I received.

With alternated ketogenic diet with diet periods with low amount of HC (without cereals and refined) right now a hemoglobin of 5.5% almost without hypoglycemia, and without the need to take quick action carbohydrates to recover them and avoid reactive hyperglycemia.

@Olgablas I also do not understand that the free is available according to the endocrine criterion, the miso that swallowing insulin (Tresiba), and I no longer want to think about the pumps.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
04/30/2020 5:19 p.m.

Drjesusangel, I am interested that you inform me about the low diet in hydrates, the ketogenic gives me a little thing, it is not uncomfortable at the renal level?.But it goes down in hydrates, it may come well, I need to lose weight, about 5 or 6 kg and there is no way, I do not have a diet with many portions of carbon H, at most 140 g per day, I do not know how much it is consideredLow in hydrates, but almost daily El Free whips me for hiccups, they are usually mild hypos, around 60 or so, with the toujeo that is flatter, before with the lantus era, beastly, that's why I changed.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/01/2020 12:15 a.m.

Hello to indicate that I am from Andalusia, the last review in my endocrine was in February and although there were already people in the consultation receiving the freestyle .. at the moment they have not given me.He told me that they will be called little by little (for the moment and more in the situation that we are I have not received a call).My control is relatively good but I guess that's why they will leave me for the end.All the best

sugarluis's profile photo
sugarluis
05/03/2020 4:47 p.m.

Hi Sugarluis, I am from Andalusia, I don't know what province you are but I went to the initial meeting in February and then everything was cut, we had to quote for the review and give us more sensors but it was cut.They made me phone calls, I have been buying them because they told me that I would go back to the strips, how funny, today they call me why I have not gone to the hospital for the sensors of April, I have stayed in paintings andI have told you that they told me that everything was standing, so I have gone for April, they have told me that they will send us shortly at home eight, for four months and that we do not have to go there, yes, still, stillThey are from 1, until they finish the stock of 1, they will not send from 2.
I recommend that you call or get in touch with the endocrine, you tell him that you already know how the system works (although it is not so, it is easy to learn), and to see if you can send them or pick them up, you have to insist,I was calling every week since I knew that it was already financed in Andalusia, and I went from the first groups.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/04/2020 7:20 p.m.

It seems that this issue moves ...

Link

marine's profile photo
marine
05/04/2020 9:23 p.m.

That's right, Marine, I get eight next week.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/05/2020 11:56 a.m.

meginer said:
so is, marine, the eight arrive next week.

Tell me more!, I had the last consultation in January and when I told him about the sensor, he told me that since I did not have frequent hypos or it was very bad that at the moment I would forget .....

marine's profile photo
marine
05/05/2020 2:26 p.m.

Coomooo?.Let's see, wait, I imagine you have type 1 diabetes, right?Because the sensor is only financed for type 1.I diabetics you have type 1, they have to finance it, it is the endocrine who performs the beginning of the procedures and they call you for an initial course and then the sensors are already giving you.At first, about two years ago I believed or so, they only financed them under 18 and pregnant women, all type 1 diabetes, of course.And as of February this year for all type 1 diabetics they are age.That is, in fact, we had to sign a role, because there were people who had cited that the sensors did not want (there are people for everything, do not ask me why) and they had to sign like the Andalusian Health Service wasHe had offered them and resigned.So that only if you have constant hypos is not true.I don't know where you are exactly or the same is that you are type 2.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/05/2020 4:54 p.m.

meginer said:
coomoooo?.Let's see, wait, I imagine you have type 1 diabetes, right?Because the sensor is only financed for type 1.I diabetics you have type 1, they have to finance it, it is the endocrine who performs the beginning of the procedures and they call you for an initial course and then the sensors are already giving you.At first, about two years ago I believed or so, they only financed them under 18 and pregnant women, all type 1 diabetes, of course.And as of February this year for all type 1 diabetics they are age.That is, in fact, we had to sign a role, because there were people who had cited that the sensors did not want (there are people for everything, do not ask me why) and they had to sign like the Andalusian Health Service wasHe had offered them and resigned.So that only if you have constant hypos is not true.I don't know where you are exactly or the same is that you are type 2.

Well, I am from Jerez and Type 1 since 2000

And as I tell you ... I left the indignant consultation because I practically told the endocrine ... do not worry that in the following consultation I will have hypos everywhere .....

I have prescribed 8 daily controls and there are days that I even make myself more and I see them whores ... Well, even telling this to the endocrine, it went from my 3 villages ....

In case someone wonders why of those 8 controls ... Well, much exercise I do ..... And many times I load my neck dizziness and such and are confused with a feeling of hip.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/05/2020 9:42 p.m.

meginer said:
hi sugarl -Review and give us more sensors but cut.They made me phone calls, I have been buying them because they told me that I would go back to the strips, how funny, today they call me why I have not gone to the hospital for the sensors of April, I have stayed in paintings andI have told you that they told me that everything was standing, so I have gone for April, they have told me that they will send us shortly at home eight, for four months and that we do not have to go there, yes, still, stillThey are from 1, until they finish the stock of 1, they will not send from 2.
I recommend that you call or get in touch with the endocrine, you tell him that you already know how the system works (although it is not so, it is easy to learn), and to see if you can send them or pick them up, you have to insist,I was calling every week since I knew that it was already financed in Andalusia, and I went from the first groups.

Many meginer.Look that I am respectful of deadlines and the process to carry each but just as you say it is to crush to get it.I have been using it but paying it.Now with confinement and lead a more routine life I have returned to the strips.It will touch the can in the endocrine.Thank you for advice.All the best

sugarluis's profile photo
sugarluis
05/08/2020 9:32 p.m.

I am from Seville, Marine, I advise you to give the can, it's weird ...
Nome missing those 8 controls, I became quite more.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/09/2020 7:03 p.m.

So they finance it in all territories?

I went to the endocrine last year and told me that about January (I'm from Almería, I'm 27 years old and I have been control very well), but he told me to ask in the head doctor.And he tells me that he has no news, so I don't know what to do.I guess I will ask the endocrine again.

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
05/11/2020 2:15 p.m.

In Andalusia I believe that since the beginning of the year but there is a protocol, first one course and so on, and the endocrine calls you for a group session with the educator nurse, but with all this, I think it is a little stopped and if they did not call you beforeFrom the break, it may be late.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/13/2020 7:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.