{'en': 'Diabetes and work', 'es': 'Diabetes y trabajo'} Image

Diabetes and work

Victor Pons Ginestar's profile photo   11/20/2019 12:50 p.m.

victor pons ginstar said:
is not the same disability as disability that is something that prevents you from doing your work normally and that is what we have the diabetics day by day for the one who has their jobIt is already very easy, but for which I seek work I already said it once and I say it again is a difficult or almost impossible mission 33% and until 1988 they gave you the 33% disability for being diabetic, For something I would be saying, I want to work and 33% would open many doors in the labor market I think so whom it scratches.

Diabetes closes you door because you want.You do not have to say that you are diabetic, only in the medical examination but the mutuals cannot say or talk about diseases to companies, they only emit suitable or not suitable.
I do the same work as before being diabetic and I am better than other colleagues who are not and are discharged every 2x3 for anxiety, stress or hypertension attacks.
In fact I am looking for work to change myself and in no interview they ask me about health, but equally lying, as well as when I play renewing the driving card.

According to the Statute of the Worker, those who have a continuous day of 7-8 hours are entitled to 20 min of rest.I work by game so I have no right to rest, but they allow me to have a 10 min coffee in the morning and another in the afternoon;It is getting up to the machine and sitting back on my site with coffee, a cookie or what you want to eat.
I work in an office (total sedentary), but if it were in a very dynamic line or work, I would use less insulin, breakfast a lot of protein and my stop would be a good sandwich and try to be about 140mg/dl to avoid hypos;In my free time I would compensate for values.I have been in production a few months, at the foot of the cannon and with that dynamic it went well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/16/2019 9:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

"I work in an office (total sedentary), but if I were in a very dynamic line or work, I would use less insulin, breakfast a lot of protein and my stop would be a good sandwich and try to be about 140mg/dl to avoid hypos;In my free time I would compensate for values.

You said it would try, we are not taking into account either the age or the type of work or its conditions, we are generalizing how it always happens, each one tells their movie, if someone is doing well and has a job and aLife that can combine with type 1 diabetes, which is a serious and chronic disease, because I am glad.
As soon as someone says problems at work, the whole forum is done on top, I do not understand this the truth

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
12/16/2019 12:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Andrespmat I think it is you who do not find out.And worse for you, it is your decision and responsibility.
I think people who feel that diabetes "bitter" life and feel victims would feel the same if they didn't have it.They are excuses, and being a victim of something is a very easy way not to face life.And I do not say that I do not know yet to have a disease, and of course I hope we would not have it, but let's see, it is what it is, we must accept it.
You talk about having schedules, because I don't have them for diabetes, I have them for work or because I feel like, or by trips.I try to adapt the diabetes to me, and if I get off, I take a zumito, if I get on I insulin ... I try to simplify, that life can already be quite complicated to give a thousand laps to all this.

There is only one life, and each one chooses, really, if you are going to get up every day feeling shit or if you will take advantage of the opportunities provided by the day.
And again I repeat that I do not say it is easy, you have to learn to manage, you have to have bad times, vent, etc ... like the rest of the people, each with their motives ....

And I do not understand that you are "fed up" that there are people who say that with diabetes you can do everything, you should be glad that there are people who are able to do it, although you cannot, right?

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/22/2019 4:14 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

You have to adapt, if you can't eat at 14 you eat at 17 and that's it ... I have had to adapt to the schedules that exist, you cannot be asking at all hours, and workof security and dietitian vigilant for the people I know and that is what touches.

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
12/29/2019 7:26 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Happy and Happy New Year.
Love and peace.And empathy!
Not everyone faces our circumstances in the same way.We also have good and bad gusts.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/30/2019 11:25 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.