{'en': 'Diabetes and work', 'es': 'Diabetes y trabajo'} Image

Diabetes and work

Victor Pons Ginestar's profile photo   11/20/2019 12:50 p.m.

Hello,

I am new in the forum, I am 45 years old I have 30 with type1 diabetes, I've been working for seven years or rather trying to work due to my diabetes I had to leave several jobs in department stores for having continued hypoglycemia.

As the work is with many people in unemployment and prepared, I say it for all those people who want to make us believe that we are normal people and I have lived it and I know what it is to work 8 to 10 hours in a row without any control of diabetes.

Now as they say it know your company to your colleagues and establish your times for your controls Your meals ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡There is no entrepreneur who wants to have a person with health problems and more having people in the unemployment before they take another.

I would like to know if there is any way to get the 33% disability to be able to present myself in places that require this disability and have some opportunity.

The application has already been submitted on two occasions but because I am well with the analysis and without complications they gave me 12% social assistant and the doctor that I will not name that the only thing he put in the report was: "It is disgusted because it does not find work,No comments. "

All I want is to work and I see what time passes and it is increasingly difficult.

I don't know if someone will be in the same situation but I can't find a solution to my problem.

Thank you!

Victor Pons Ginestar's profile photo
Victor Pons Ginestar
11/20/2019 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Don't say it.You have to get a treatment that allows you to reduce hypoglycemia.I don't know what insulin are you using.
The disability is difficult for you to give it to you, if you have no complications, but try it.
I also think that they should give it to us, we have much more problem than whom a finger is missing.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2019 3:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is complicated.
In your case, I would omit it in any interview, yes, try to have it very controlled and candies or glucose in your pocket.Anticipate to drops, as soon as you are in about 100, eat something that uploads you.
Try to be around 140, in this way you will not have hypos, a glyce in the average and at work will not have reasons.

Ask the SS a free, it will help you a lot for control during the working day

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/21/2019 8:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Try to put the Free in Social Security, if you have many hypos you are a candidate.And with that try to improve control and you can also put some system that you give you such as Miao Miao or simply take the free and glucose in your pocket and look frequently to prevent hypos.Learn about the effect of different foods on your body and how to control it and adjust insulins.The training is basic to bring good control and with the free you will have a lot of information to adjust and learn.
With current insulins you can be without eating in the middle of the working day without having hypos, which put one that is flat and adjust well to avoid hypos.Then you only have to avoid those produced by the rapid when the insulin calculates poorly and that is also learned with practice.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/21/2019 2:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

This is what we have achieved !!
We did not want to be and do what a person with all their abilities, because now we do not cry.In his day he had to fight for an inability, now we can opt for any job.Well, to work even if we can't, we have what we ask for

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/24/2019 10:30 a.m.

Andrespmat said:
We did not want to be and do what a person with all their abilities, because now we do not cry.In his day he had to fight for an inability, now we can opt for any job.Well, to work even if we can't, we have what we ask

I also agree with those who say that we are the same as others, now when you cannot because of the disease for it is what we have to claim the maestro

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/24/2019 10:33 a.m.

Regardless of whether or not you can forget to get an advantage to help us take it better but good

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/24/2019 10:36 a.m.

Hello, with this comment I don't want to hurt anyone just intended to help.It is true that the type of work that one has can initially affect diabetes but once you have been yours for a while.Each one must learn to adjust their doses based on their activity.On the other hand I do not understand what problem is in work with the controls.In doing a control it does not take more than 1 minute and if you have many hicc as a sugar envelope is half a minute. I do not say that it is intentionally made but sometimes we are responsible for our bad control to external factors and we put ourselves more obstacles inThe path of those that really are.I say all this with knowledge of cause.I was working in a very stressful sector for 10 years in which I ate daily with my classmates and even traveling with them and there were people who never learned that it was diabetic.It should be noted that I never hid it simply, I don't think it is something that influences me to work or define me.I commented if it arose in any conversation but not as a notice to the company.As I have commented on my intention is not to offend is to give another point of view so you can see that it is not so difficult.Greetings

Vir's profile photo
Vir
11/24/2019 12:39 p.m.

Everyone who owns diabetes who touched him in luck.The other day in a distant country, I met a diabetic boy.Before embarking on a hard route, I asked him how much (glycemia) you will rise.I am in 140, I will eat a bar.And he told me, 140 perfect!
My boy told me that he up to 60 was going well.I don't even think or think about 60, much less walk.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/24/2019 1:27 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

If in diabetes the patient must be responsible, just as when they mistreat a woman we make her guilty for not knowing how

andrespmat
11/24/2019 4:08 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
We did not want to be and do what a person with all their abilities, because now we do not cry.In his day he had to fight for an inability, now we can opt for any job.Well, to work even if we can't, we have what we ask

solar said:
each one owns diabetes that touched him in luck.The other day in a distant country, I met a diabetic boy.Before embarking on a hard route, I asked him;With how much (glycemia) you will rise.I'm in 140. And he told me, perfect!
My boy told me that he up to 60 was going well.I don't even think or think about 60, much less walk.

Victor Pons Ginestar's profile photo
Victor Pons Ginestar
11/24/2019 5:34 p.m.

It depends on many factors, I am a doctor in a rural health center, had marathon days, the nearest hospital is more than 60 km by car, had my normal day and then guards from 3 in the afternoon until 8 o'clock inTomorrow of the next day, sometimes I was alone with the nurse, if there was an important urgency and it was 3 and we were about to eat, we had to ride in the ambulance and heading to the hospital and until 5 or more we did not return and we were ourselvesalone we were.I had several scares, it is complicated in these situations to be aware of you, to test every so often (then there was no free or anything similar), you had to be attending an urgency.Solution?.In my case I requested that they value me in prevention of occupational hazards, and adapted my schedule, and I took away my guards.I no longer make guards and when I am tomorrow and late in my report, I need at least an hour to eat and half an hour to take something, there is whatever there is.It is true that I am fortunate in the sense that I have a place achieved by opposition and I can ask for this, perhaps in a newly arrived person in a company is more complicated.I would not say it and do what they have told you, put on a free and have cookies in your pockets to eat every two or three hours if they do not let you stop.I, as it is not in a much risk work in which the well -being of another person is played if you are not well, and you have no complications, I do not like to ask for a disability (although this is very personal), I did not ask for it, I am 47 years old and 36 of diabetes, the only complication I have is a retinopathy already controlled for more than 10 years thanks to a great ophthalmologist who treated me and I have a vision of 100 per 100. You have to put on a balance and seeWhat is better and what suits you according to the type of work you have, if you can choose one not too stressful and in which you can have stops, better, and if not, then think about the different options you have according to what you see moredifficult.But it is true that diabetes itself does not prevent you from doing virtually anything, there are risk athletes and people with great demand, who are type 1 diabetics and there are, but I already tell you that according to each one what you see better for him.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/24/2019 7:51 p.m.

I agree with what Vir says.
I have already said it more times, it is about the management capacity of each one and what they want to prioritize (the work, the diet, the Normaglycemia at all times, all together ...).Our normality is type 1 diabetes, you have to accept it and try to adapt.Besides that each person is different despite having the same diagnosis, of course.
And being a victim ... victim of what?Oh really?Of course, an adult and capable has to be responsible for their illness.It has nothing to do with abuse, what a comparison.People with hypertension are also a victim when they rise and hurt their heads?I don't understand that being a victim ..

In the issue of aid, all devices should be subsidized, and aids for moms and dads with kids with diabetes are also necessary.But a disability or disability only for diabetes, I think no.Then it depends on the type of work and associated factors that hinder control, lack of information, other diseases (physical, mental), family responsibility, educational level, etc ... Everything influences and there will be people with diabetes who will have to have disability and peopleno...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/26/2019 2:23 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
I agree with what Vir says.
I have already said it more times, it is about the management capacity of each one and what they want to prioritize (the work, the diet, the Normaglycemia at all times, all together ...).Our normality is type 1 diabetes, you have to accept it and try to adapt.Besides that each person is different despite having the same diagnosis, of course.
And being a victim ... victim of what?Oh really?Of course, an adult and capable has to be responsible for their illness.It has nothing to do with abuse, what a comparison.People with hypertension are also a victim when they rise and hurt their heads?I don't understand that being a victim ..

In the issue of aid, all devices should be subsidized, and aids for moms and dads with kids with diabetes are also necessary.But a disability or disability only for diabetes, I think no.Then it depends on the type of work and associated factors that hinder control, lack of information, other diseases (physical, mental), family responsibility, educational level, etc ... Everything influences and there will be people with diabetes who will have to have disability and peopleNo ...

You don't know anything.
I put the simile that the victim and in diabetes to the patient blame for the abuse ..
Instead of asking for aid and whoever is not controlled can live with dignity and the one who can and is well that works, not all diabetes are equal ...
And victim if it is also his illness that deteriorates little by little.
It seems that we have to be proud to be diabetic, feel your proud to me I would not depend on schedules and insulin to live.
And stop insisting that you can do the same as a non -diabetic no, you cannot, or if you can but not in the same conditions, I am to hear that the same can be done ,,

andrespmat
11/30/2019 10:06 p.m.

As a power, the same can be done, the problem is until when, because as you do not do something different and controls, we already know what can happen.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2019 12:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Andrespmat
Maybe my life is very simple, but I do the same as my partner and friends.I don't feel limited because I am diabetic.
No one has made me feel guilty or I feel victim of anything.

There are two options in this life:
- Accept, live and fight to move forward in the best possible way
- Depress and blame the health system that does not heals me, that does not take care of me, etc.And poor of me that nobody understands me or puts in my skin.

Of course it is important to have support from family, friends, your endocrine, nurse, etc.Compression at work, times for us and more, but that does not prevent you cannot work or perform sports or drive a car like any non -diabetic person.

Today with the monitoring systems that exist we can anticipate hypoglycemia events and take action at work.You can eat a candy discreetly if you see an 80 in the meter and raise glycemia.

If they treat you or feel like a victim it is because you want.Show them the opposite.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/02/2019 2:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Andrespmat
Maybe my life is very simple, but I do the same as my partner and friends.I don't feel limited because I am diabetic.

- Depress and blame the health system that does not heals me, that does not take care of me, etc.And poor of me that nobody understands me or puts in my skin.

Of course it is important to have support from family, friends, your endocrine, nurse, etc.Compression at work, times for us and more, but that does not prevent you cannot work or perform sports or drive a car like any non -diabetic person.

Today with the monitoring systems that exist we can anticipate hypoglycemia events and take action at work.You can eat a candy discreetly if you see an 80 in the meter and raise glycemia.

If they treat you or feel like a victim it is because you want.Show them the opposite.

The good thing I have is that I don't have to show anything to anyone and I have the analysis without a single asterisk and a glucosiladThey should give them a pension so they could take care of themIt has been very bad, and that we should ask for all and whoever feels capable of working that nobody works for it or they forbid it, not true ??
Because the one who cannot work should have the same options as you, of not doing so,
I have been diabetic and without any problem for 20 years, but we should look for the one who cannot and not claim ,,,, I can the same, because if you can do it and do not cry, but to whom a pension cannot be taken to take care of,, that's my way of seeing it
Thank you very much, and if someone feels offended, I ask forgiveness,, I hardly participate in the forum and I will still do it less, greeting everyone

andrespmat
12/02/2019 2:45 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@Andrespmat

We are not the same !!The others do not have to "eat a discreet candy", which person without diabetes carries candy with sugar in their pockets?Not to say bars, juices .. Let's see !!We can do the same but with a million balances !!I am not free to say, I will walk ... without thinking, how long, what glucose I have, what do I take in case ... and if in that walk I make a race with my son ???Unthinkable !!
We can do the same but adding, subtracting, carrying, eating ... and above all sieno at all times aware that we are diabetic@s

nasasu's profile photo
nasasu
12/02/2019 10:51 p.m.

49 años Dm1 desde 5/2017
Bomba medtronic minimed 780 desde junio 2024
Sensor guardian 4

I know many people with candies in their pockets and are not diabetic.

We all have responsibilities.Diabetes is a disease that requires control but anyone has a thousand things to think about their day to day and control.
Or parents with young children leave without preparing?Everyone wears juices, cookies, water, diapers, exchange clothes .... so aren't they the same because they have to worry?

There are thousands of similes.Older people usually travel with thousands of pills. Are they also different?

Each is responsible for their state, with or without diabetes.I go out with my nephews, we run and jump ... and I have no problems.The same if I go for a walk and end with a 5 -hour walk instead of 30min.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/03/2019 7:56 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Andrespmat more than asking for pensions for those who do not take care of themselves or cannot take care (which I think can always be), we would have to ask for diabetological education for those who need it and the appropriate technology for each one.There are people who do not take care of them because they do not want to give them all the means to do so and then they are crying because diabetes is the worst and does not let them make normal life.And others who do not because they do not give them the media and do not want or do not know how to look for them.And there are those who care to look for the means to carry good control even if they do not give them, learn, strive and take advantage of what they give them.We are very accustomed to give us everything done and life is not so, also as patients we have responsibilities.
From public health they should give diabetological education and also the technological means that best adapt to your situation of each one.But in the end the control of the disease is the responsibility of each one and we have to do our part.If someone decides not to take care of themselves, it is their problem, what you can not give it a pension because it will still not care but live on others.What you have to give is the means to take care of and then each one who does what he wants with his life that we are already greater and perfectly able to understand what a poorly controlled diabetes can bring you.
That we have to strive more than someone healthy to do something does not make us disabled for that task.Each has its limitation, with and without diabetes and will have to adapt to them.
Another thing is when the complications of the disease do prevent you from working, obviously if you are blind for diabetes because you will not be able to do the same as before and will have to give you a disability.But a serious complications is no excuse for not working and living from others.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/03/2019 11:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.