{'en': 'No one hurts to prick the insulin?', 'es': 'A nadie le duele pincharse la insulina?'} Image

No one hurts to prick the insulin?

minucoti's profile photo   11/25/2019 10:28 p.m.

My conclusion, it works with and without pinch, each as you get better :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2020 12:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you think it's going to hurt: it will hurt.I've been "sucking" for almost 40 years from 3 to 4 times a day.More than 40,000 injections.At the beginning I felt some discomfort (40 years ago the needles were killed toilet).Now I feel "something", once in 100. I just click on thighs and belly and I have never used the "pinch."
Courage. Time cures everything.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
01/19/2020 9 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi how are things?I am from Uruguay, here there are (I suppose also) ports to administer insulin, you click once every 3 days and manage there.It's called I Port Advance.That is a very good option.

gonzau89's profile photo
gonzau89
06/18/2024 8:21 p.m.

Yes, there are also,@gonzau89, more is used more in children, but now the needles are so thin and short, that it is not worth it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/19/2024 1:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

moucoti said:
hello!

I have been clicking 5 times a day and it costs me more every day.

If the needle nails the first I have no problem but that only happens one in ten times, the other nine seems that my skin opposes resistance and then my terror returns to the needles and I cannot nail it.

My hand begins to tremble and even hurts more, as if I was scratching inside !!You are all the day fearing the next meal and have to click again !!

A drop of blood always comes out and Marquita always leaves me, just one point, but there are so many already !!

I use 4 BD needles that I buy myself and even so.I am desperate, I am type 1, not to click is not an option, but if I still go crazy.

I do nothing but read that people do not hurt !!

As I go to the doctor to tell him that I can't do something that everyone does.

It will seem nonsense but it is depressing !!

Thank you!

Hello!Have you heard of Tickelflex?(I think it is written like this but I'm not sure).
I bought it in his day and although I did not finally use it more than 4 or 5 times it helped me a lot to take away the fear of clicking ...
It is a rubber thing that is placed in the insulin pen just where the needle so that it hides it completely, then when you do it you do not see it.
It also makes a pinch effect and makes your skin go to the needle and not the water to your skin, I don't know if I explain.
They use it a lot in children and I think I could be great in fearful adults.
They sell it on the Diabetik website about 25 euros and everyone puts reviews that it is wonderful, take out an eye.

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
06/22/2024 2:38 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@minucti, you can try to put the slow one in the buttock, there does not hurt.
And the fast in arms and gut.
Where it hurts more is in the leg, but with the fine ones that are now the needles, it is not even a puncture.
Fear may make you tense, you have to be relaxed and the skin softens.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/23/2024 4:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Your option is to put the insulin pump

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
06/23/2024 1:13 p.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

moucoti said:
hello!

I have been clicking 5 times a day and it costs me more every day.

If the needle nails the first I have no problem but that only happens one in ten times, the other nine seems that my skin opposes resistance and then my terror returns to the needles and I cannot nail it.

My hand begins to tremble and even hurts more, as if I was scratching inside !!You are all the day fearing the next meal and have to click again !!

A drop of blood always comes out and Marquita always leaves me, just one point, but there are so many already !!

I use 4 BD needles that I buy myself and even so.I am desperate, I am type 1, not to click is not an option, but if I still go crazy.

I do nothing but read that people do not hurt !!

As I go to the doctor to tell him that I can't do something that everyone does.

It will seem nonsense but it is depressing !!

Thank you!

Hello Mucoti, there are some injection ports of the Medtronic brand, they are called I -Port Advance 6mm - injection port.
I copy you and hit the product description.
The IPort Injection of Medtronic is a small device that allows insulin insertion without having to click your skin with each injection.It is easy to use and carry and allow its use for 3 days in all normal activities such as showering or sports.

The Iport Advance of Medtronic allows you to insert all insulin for 3 days through a single puncture which limits the number of monthly punctures to 10 average more than 120.

Model: 6 mm
Box contains: 10 units.
Another option is insulin pump.I hope you help you

Ypso23's profile photo
Ypso23
06/30/2024 2:12 p.m.

Sometimes it hurts and sometimes not.It depends on whether you "succeed" in a nervous termination.It is a discomfort, for me it is not traumatizing.But the pain is very subjective, your experience seems very different from mine.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/30/2024 11:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It hurt me too, I'm afraid of needles and I have been diabetic for 25 years, but the punctures hurt me.
I advise you to change to insulin pump, it is much more comfortable, it improves the controls and although the cannula must be changed, at least you are without clicking 3 days.

nat's profile photo
nat
07/08/2024 10:58 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.