{'en': 'No one hurts to prick the insulin?', 'es': 'A nadie le duele pincharse la insulina?'} Image

No one hurts to prick the insulin?

minucoti's profile photo   11/25/2019 10:28 p.m.

Hello!

I have been clicking 5 times a day and it costs me more every day.

If the needle nails the first I have no problem but that only happens one in ten times, the other nine seems that my skin opposes resistance and then my terror returns to the needles and I cannot nail it.

My hand begins to tremble and even hurts more, as if I was scratching inside !!You are all the day fearing the next meal and have to click again !!

A drop of blood always comes out and Marquita always leaves me, just one point, but there are so many already !!

I use 4 BD needles that I buy myself and even so.I am desperate, I am type 1, not to click is not an option, but if I still go crazy.

I do nothing but read that people do not hurt !!

As I go to the doctor to tell him that I can't do something that everyone does.

It will seem nonsense but it is depressing !!

Thank you!

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
11/25/2019 10:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What area do you click on?There are more than others.For example, the gut and the upper part of the ass does not hurt.But in the low back zone it always hurts a lot.And in the arms and legs it depends, sometimes it hurts and sometimes not although it is not something exaggerated, it is a little pain when nailing the needle and passes.
Try to try all possible areas and see if there are less.It could also be that you have very dry skin and that's why it hurts more.Hydrate it well to see if you improve.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/25/2019 10:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@minucti, I suppose a puncture/ a needle?I did not hurt a puncture.If your problems is fear of needles there are retractable needles (hidden needle) of the Bigfarma Novonordiks.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/25/2019 10:55 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Yesssica_a said:
in what area do you click?There are more than others.For example, the gut and the upper part of the ass does not hurt.But in the low back zone it always hurts a lot.And in the arms and legs it depends, sometimes it hurts and sometimes not although it is not something exaggerated, it is a little pain when nailing the needle and passes.
Try to try all possible areas and see if there are less.It could also be that you have very dry skin and that's why it hurts more.Hydrate it well to see if you improve.

I have tried it in all possible places and there is none better than the other I suppose it is already mental but I do not know how to solve it, clicking is something that I will have to do the rest of my life

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
11/25/2019 11:26 p.m.

In calves also hurts you?I don't notice anything.

What size are the needles?For me the best are 8mm

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/26/2019 4:28 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The same as being afraid, with the tension hard you your skin and that is why it hurts more.Because hurting hurts sometimes a bit but it's nothing exaggerated.When I started, I was afraid of needles but it is something that goes through little by little.In my case, even when I am going to get me blood, it gives me something and that I have been with the punctures for many years.I usually look the other way while they click me because I don't like to see how the needle is stuck.
Fear is something that is not removed 100% but you get used to doing it automatically and becomes a routine you do without thinking.
Talk to it with the endocrine that surely has happened to more patients and can give you some advice to overcome that fear.Not to be ashamed, the fear of needles is something very normal, you do not take away because suddenly you get diabetes.It is something to overcome like any other fear and take time.And if it is something you can't overcome the same can put the bomb, which would be just a puncture every 3 days when putting the catheter.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/26/2019 9:11 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Minucoti you could try the Iport of Medtronic.It is a device that you get (like a catheter) with a super simple applicator and that does not bother anything, lasts 3 days and that is where you click the insulin but you no longer notice the puncture.In this way you don't have to suffer so much with each injection ... I used it before putting the insulin bomb and I liked it a lot ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/26/2019 12:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@minucti

Wow, I'm sorry and I can't think of anything.

Well, if you don't live alone, maybe an option is that someone clicks you.In the culete for example, rotating the site and you don't see it.It takes one more pelin to take effect, but it is worth it.You don't see the needle.But you will have to show someone's ass!If you don't like that, in the leg, arm or belly, I think the case is that you do not see the needle when they click you.

I just think of that.Try to breathe and relax before clicking.To all some puncture hurts, but only some occasionally.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/26/2019 5:31 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@minucti

A nonsense.Surely you do it.But when you put insulin, with the other hand do you make a small pinch in the flesh and do not click directly on the leg or belly?Just in case!

jldiazdel
11/26/2019 5:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Is there an anesthetic ointment called Emla?Or something like that ..
Ask the doctor or the pharmacy.
It will not hurt if you put it on and will take your fear.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/26/2019 11:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As you have told you, I think that the best option for you would be the IPORT, only one puncture every 3 days, within what is much better than 6 a day.If there are no other devices that reduce pain through different techniques, I have not tried any but in specialized parapharmacies such as the Diabetika website there are several to choose from.
In this link is the Iport and different ones to investigate Link

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
11/27/2019 1:09 a.m.

@Minucoti I tried for a while smaller needles than those I use now, and they were much worse, because they were short8mm?

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2019 9:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I use the 5mm and they do quite well.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/28/2019 7:10 p.m.

Link
@minucti, link of an article that may interest you.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/28/2019 8:31 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

fer said:
@moucoti I tried for a time smaller needles than those I use now, and they were much worse, because they were shorter, and in the end I did more damage, because of theWhat do you say use about 4 mm, have you tried with some of 8mm?

True those that are so small hurt more because they stick fatal.The best are 8mm

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/28/2019 9:34 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I use the 5mm of BD that I think are the best and nothing is noticed, when I used 8mm caught some capillary one day if and another too.- I think the brand influences a lot, in my hospital they saw it clear, beforeThey had drugs that were authentic drilling ones but before the avalanche of complaints they chose to bring the best.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/29/2019 6:24 p.m.

It is that I am very thin, weight 44 kilos, I have no fat, and after being using those of 4 dan more impression 😁 I am looking on the Internet some website where they sell the novofine, I have read that they are the best, I wanted theBD Pentapoint but I can't find them in Spain

While I will look for information about all those devices that you have mentioned.Thanks a lot

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
11/29/2019 6:34 p.m.

@minucti

I used to use the BD and now novofine, in both cases 4 mm.The truth is that I have not noticed many differences.But the novofine gives the optical impression that the needle is shorter by its design.What is true is that it is easier to put the needle lid later without folding the needle or clicking.

But I am not sure that your problem will solve you to novofine

All the best

jldiazdel
11/29/2019 8:08 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@mouchoti

I used to use the BD and now novofine, in both cases 4 mm.The truth is that I have not noticed many differences.But the novofine gives the optical impression that the needle is shorter by its design.What is true is that it is easier to put the needle lid later without folding the needle or clicking.

But I am not sure that your problem will solve you to novofine

GREETING

I had read that the Novofine were so good that they practically entered alone, because then I don't think I bought them.I will continue with the 4 and 5 BD until the Pentapoint arrives here and I will look at the other devices

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
11/29/2019 8:47 p.m.

jldiazdel
11/29/2019 9:15 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.