{'en': 'Vitamin d', 'es': 'Vitamina D'} Image

Vitamin d

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo   05/17/2020 9:15 p.m.

The Coimbra protocol for what many people say that has tried it is effective in certain autoimmune diseases but in diabetes I know several who do it and have not noticed remission for anything.In multiple sclerosis, for example, it must be miraculous for many people.And taking into account what awaits you with that disease, it is certainly worth trying.In diabetes I do not know to what extent it will be worth someone with several years of evolution although it could prevent another autoimmune (which we already know we have more predisposition).That should be done under the supervision of an expert doctor in the protocol.In Spain that I know there is only one right now that you consult online too.On the official website (the creator of the protocol, Dr Coimbra) I think there is a list of professionals who know about the protocol.
As Regina says can produce problems if it is not done well.Supplementing with normal doses of vitamin D (up to 5000u an adult or even up to 10,000u depending on the weight) is totally safe and there is no need to supervision but when we talk about high doses they use in the Coimbra protocol you need supervision and periodic analytics byof a professional who knows the protocol well.Certain foods such as dairy products are also limited.We are talking about that in the Coimbra protocol doses of up to 50,0000u per day are used and the dose depends on each person looking at analytics.
I take 5000 a day to maintain adequate levels without medical supervision, but drink high doses cannot be done lightly.
@"Ismael Forcada Bagant" If you are thinking about trying looking for a professional who knows the protocol and supervises you.I did not read what you have put but a book on the Coimbra protocol and several about vitamin D at the end my conclusion, for my specific case, was to stay in maintenance doses of optimal levels because the benefit in type 1 diabetes of someone from someoneWith as many years of illness as I seemed not to be appreciable.If you just debuted the same if it helps you extend the honeymoon for years.In that case I would try but with a professional.
And for clarifying what some put, the optimal doses of vitamin D are quite higher than the normal ranges that the analytics put.These ranges are calculated by making a measure of the values ​​that have people without pathologies, but in general there is a generalized vitamin D deficit, so those values ​​are not optimal.Being below 30 is an important deficit, in 30 as experts say life begins.The optimal is quite above, better if you are above 60. Until 80 there would be no problem and from there we should see other things in analytics because it could give problems.More than 125 can already be quite dangerous if an expert does not review it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/21/2022 6:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism I also take daily and of course, I remain "equally diabetics."They recommended it to me and for the thyroid I think I do well, since I made certain changes, I can have the TS below 2.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/21/2022 6:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

They have prescribed vitamin D for years because my levels were very low. The endocrine told me that with age, the skin no longer synthesizes that vitamin as when you are young.My diabetes is still present ...

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/21/2022 1:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ruthbia said:
@aler there are a thousand studies of all but none progresses.There is no possible prevention in DT1 because they do not know how to determine the "predisposition" that is the origin that is reproduced or not.

When debuts in DT1 measure you vitamin D (between several parameters) and to date I do not know anyone who has prescribed vitamin D in their debut or then.They measure it in each analytics and only once it gave me regular (after the confinement that we could not leave) but they did not tell me that it was necessary diet or some treatment.

My mother takes her (the sun gives her anything), but she has no disease, just because of analytical results.
In the northern countries, they have a very large sun deficit and very low vitamin D what an induction to depressions, and in the United Kingdom they have the same problem.I have a veterinary friend there and says that dogs and cats also have deficit.

Well here one who was prescribed "hydroferol" last May, when debuting in DT1.
Three boxes prescribed my endo, the first three months a weekly capsule and then one per month.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
11/21/2022 1:54 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

Well, you must be one of the few.
I spent 20 months of honeymoon, without taking more medication than 10 units of Lantus and with good analytics of everything until my C peptide has stayed at 0.35 and there it continues, stagnant but my insulin needs if they have changed.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/21/2022 2:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I also take vitamin D for some time and according to the endocrine the DT1 makes you have the low levels!

And according to the forum there are enough people who have the low levels and I think that diabetes is the cause I had never had vitamin D deficit

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/21/2022 2:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ricki21 said:
For years they prescribed vitamin D because my levels were low. The endocrine told me that with age, the skin no longer synthesizes as well that vitamin as when you are young.My diabetes is still present ...

regina said:
you will have to take it if in the analytics it is seen that you have a deficit., which are finding many cases.
But in excess it produces hypercalcemia and damages the kidney.

Estimated Regina:
That is why TSH controls are done.
By the way, vitamin D is immunomodulatory and having the limits in the normal range does not mean that it can modulate anything.
Let us remember, the dose makes the difference.As Regina says very well to avoid hypercalcemia, PTH controls are made (it is the parohormone that controls blood calcium levels): then the PTH must be at the lower limit of normality.That way the dose of vitamin D is raised or lowered, testing.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/21/2022 2:13 p.m.

@Andrespmat those who live in the north have it more complicated: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D

I am like lizards .... I spend life to the sun .... :) :) :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/21/2022 2:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Andrespmat Those who live in the north have it more complicated: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D

I am like lizards .... I spend life to the sun .... :) :) :)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/21/2022 2:15 p.m.

regina said:
ismael forcada bagant said:
estimated regina:
I see that you have not read the documents that I have sent.
When you have read the two documents, then you can give a founded opinion, you don't think!

No, the one in German has not read it, of course.On the other, it says that to take excess vitamin D, the calcium of the diet must be completely eliminated, because if hypercalcemia and renal damage occur.
That is proven, the rest, no.

Estimated Regina:
The study is in English and with the Google translator you can find out.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/21/2022 2:21 p.m.

Ismael Forcada Bagant said:
Consumption guide with high doses of vitamin D for patients.
Link

Vitamin D, the cure of autoimmune diseases.
Link

English I know.But that second study is in German.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2022 5:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
ismael forcada bagant said:
consumption guide with high doses of vitamin D for patients.
Link

Vitamin D, the cure of autoimmune diseases.
Link

English I know.But that second study is in German.

Totally agree regina.😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/21/2022 5:31 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Estimated Regina:
What do you mean?
Have you read Coimbra's text?
With the only thing you have stayed is that the text is in German ... the rest that speaks of vitamin D, that fundamental, you don't talk about.
The question is to stay on ... Well, continue with your truths.
This goes for everyone: we are the doctors not doctors.Our life is ours and it is the only thing we have.Therefore we have to take control of our disease and our life.Doctors value a lot that we take part in our treatment.
You talk about your experience with vitamin D but you do not realize that the dose of 5,000 or 10,000 IU daily or 100,000ui per month are ridiculous and totally insufficient.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/21/2022 5:37 p.m.

@"Ismael Forcada Bagant", which titles "Vitamin D, the cure of autoimmune diseases"?
I do not take the trouble to translate it from German or google.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2022 5:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Dear everyone,
We will try to maintain cordiality as usual in the forum.
Opinions and thoughts are free as long as they do not offend other people participating.
We must accept those that support our way of thinking like those that do not share it and avoid phrases or expressions that encourage confrontation.

Thank you

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/21/2022 6:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ismael Forcada Bagant", doctors and endocrine are those understood in treatments.
Everything else can do a lot of harm.
Nothing else.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2022 7:36 p.m.

Hello everyone
I debut with 60 years, DT1, and also take, since I left the hospital, Vita Mina D, first every 15 days and now every month.
I had no fashioned idea of ​​what you say.
They prescribed it, and the endocrine in the hospital, and I still tell me and that's it.
Greetings

ube's profile photo
ube
11/21/2022 10:05 p.m.

regina said:
@"ismael forcada bagant", doctors and endocrine are those understood in treatments.
Everything else can do a lot of harm.
Nothing more.

Estimated Regina:
You really think you can do a lot of harm that you take care of your disease!
I think, rather than harming it is taking responsibility.
Of course, taking the doses that you take for a decrease in vitamin D levels have nothing to do with the inhibitory dose of autoimmunity.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/22/2022 9:34 a.m.

I ask:
Do you really consider that a "profane" person in medical studies, a non -graduate in medicine, can take care of a disease, whatever?

In the case of diabetes, we lack many cellular, chemical knowledge, etc. of organic functioning.We only know how to manage insulin and how to survive cases of hypoglycemia.Beyond this, we need an endocrine, for example for ketoacidosis, retinopathy, neuropathy, etc.

Extras vitamins such as other compounds that exist are eliminated by the body automatically almost always, because the body only absorbs what it needs ;In the worst case the opposite effect may occur, they accumulate where there is no need: kidneys for example and damage them.Typical example calcitonin in older menopaúsic women, the muscles are calcified, the bones no longer absorb calcium no matter how much they are injected or drink calcium.

self -medication in any case is irresponsibility. It must always be done under the control of a medical professional so as not to damage other organic functions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2022 1:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Dear ruth:
I clarify you so that you do not manipulate my words.
Calcitonin is a hormone that does not vitamin.
Precisely vitamin D is immunorregulator and prevents autoimmune diseases from progressing.
You are afraid, don't take it.I am going to try it because if it works for multiple sclerosis you have to work with diabetes.With the poor interest shown by medical magazines, the media, doctors and advertising it makes me think that laboratories want people chronically ill, otherwise the business runs out.

Ismael Forcada Bagant
11/22/2022 2:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.