Sensor fixation

meginer's profile photo   03/02/2020 1:49 p.m.

Hello, you carry the freestyle sensor with fixation with patches or tapes or some type of bracelet, can you put some photo?, Normally this type of accessories last less than the sensor, then cdo changed it, do not take the sensor?.Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/02/2020 1:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My daughter wore an dump, without more, with a piece of gauze on the sensor so that she does not stick and avoid taking it without wanting to change it.Now carries Miaomiao, attached and subject with an elastic band and a plastic support that takes sensor and myomiao together.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
03/02/2020 11:39 p.m.

I have tried tape and take off, I bought in Diabétika some patches and tb a roll of tape kinesiological tape, which it usually lasts up to 15 days and is resistant to water, to see how it goes.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2020 2:46 p.m.

meginer said:
I have tasted tape and take off, I bought in Diabétika some patches and tb a roll of kinesiological tape tape, which it says that it usually lasts up to 15 days and is resistant to water,Let's see how it is doing.

You can reinforce the kinesiotope tape, putting Nobecuta Spray, Cavilon or Skin Tac liquid before placing the tape;With the liquid Kin Tac before pasteing the kinesiotope will last you for 14 days 95% of the time.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/04/2020 8:50 p.m.

@meginer

Put on Kinesio's tape only if you really see that the sensor begins to take off in some area.The tapes may not endure 15 whole days.Well I don't really think they endure.

Cut with a scissors the corners of the kinesio tape so that they are rounded.

I have only needed them when they had left the sensor for a few days, but I have never put them from day one.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/04/2020 8:55 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@meginer

Put on Kinesio's tape only if you really see that the sensor begins to take off in some area.The tapes may not endure 15 whole days.Well I don't really think they endure.

Cut with a scissors the corners of the kinesio tape so that they are rounded.

I have only needed them when they had left the sensor for a few days, but I have never put them from day one.

I put it from the first day, I do not like surprises doing sports, in the shower or in the pool without counting the work, sleeping in bed or lying on the couch .. it is better to prevent it from having to be without a sensor in aComplicated moment.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/04/2020 9:03 p.m.

Sgusauer, is what I thought, I'm afraid that I rub and I preferI know if it will be so, it lasts to you?, is that if not, can you take the sensor when we take it off, right?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2020 9:51 p.m.

meginer said:
sigsauer, is what I thought, I'm afraid that I rub and I prefer to protect it from day one, but it lasts the 14 days?, on the web I saw opinions and opinions andWith the Rocktape tape, they said that it lasted 14 days, I don't know if it will be so, it lasts to you?, is that if not, you can take the sensor when we take off, no?

It depends on where I get it lasts more or less, I tell you with liquid skin tac before the kinesiotope I last 14 days well, anyway if you take off the kinesiotope a little you will not take the sensor, you cut anotherpiece and you hit it on the first piece even a third if necessary, the reader or phone will read the sensor without problems ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/04/2020 11:10 p.m.

Ok, thanks, I will.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2020 9:16 a.m.

Forgive, sigsauer, where have you bought it? Is it better in wipes or the liquid? Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2020 10:28 a.m.

If it uses something, I use Transparent Fixomull and goes pretty good.Hold and protect the sensor since it prevents it from getting wet and keeps it well subject to the skin.Being transparent is quite discreet.What it does not stand is a good blow with door or similar but I imagine that will happen in the same way with anything else.
It lasts 14 days perfectly.
I also wear Skin Tac (in wipes) on my skin before putting the sensor.
All this can be bought in Diabetika.
When I do sports (in my case it is a sport of racket/shovel) I put on the sensor and on the arm a wrist that makes during the game well held and protected, especially when I carry the sensor in the right arm, avoidingfortuitous blows.

Pinkypank's profile photo
Pinkypank
03/05/2020 1:47 p.m.

I try the fixomull, but to protect my sensor skin.It was perfectly stuck the 14 days.And it is very fine.In fact, once the sensor was removed and after a few days I realized that I still had the fixomull on!

The Skin Tac in Tallitas I use it now, to protect the skin and increase adhesion.I bought it at the Amazon Store.

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 3:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

meginer said:
sorry, sigsauer, where have you bought it?, is it better in wipes or the liquid?, thank you.

Skin Tac Liquid cost me enough to get it, in Amazon most of the pages that sell it are from the United States but do not send this type of products although the first boat that I had sent me from there.- The last time I bought it in a storeOf "aesthetics" of the United Kingdom, I do not remember without Amazon or on eBay but I already tell you that it cost me enough to get the boat.-

I have not tried the wipes but the Skin Tac Liquid can last perfectly more than 1 year (I stay short) if you use it well and do not dry or fall.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2020 6:17 p.m.

@meginer

To do sports, maybe this I have seen in the Amazon Store serves you.I hope the photos look good.I have not used it, but it seems good.Although I imagine that the most complicated thing is to take the arm size well,

All the best

jldiazdel
03/06/2020 11:17 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel
03/06/2020 11:18 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
class =

@jldiazdel with the 1st bracelet where the sensor goes there are many people who to the minimum movement moves the sensor even 0.5 mm, the filament moves a bit and begins to give errors or erroneous readings.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/06/2020 7:46 p.m.

Thank you !

jldiazdel
03/06/2020 7:57 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes, I don't like it a lot, for the moment I've been with a Diabétika patch for three days and I have not taken off with the exercise or shower.TB I bought a kinesiological tape that I have saved.We'll see how it goes.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/06/2020 9:32 p.m.

For the door or backpack it is best to put the sensor in the buttock or inside of the thigh.
I use tape and lasts 14 days and much more.I bathe, shower and do sports with him.
It depends on the scripting mark.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/07/2020 11:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ruthbia, from MTO I cannot try in the buttock PQ we are still in the first sessions in the hospital with the first four financed sensors, and you have to do it as the house says, Cdo tells us how they will do it, if you are going toPut on the health card like medicines, or you have to go to the hospital for them every six months or whatever (they still don't know), maybe try.But I'm not sure, I don't know, it doesn't happen to you that when you get the jeans for you, I can go?, I don't have so clear that it is safer.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/07/2020 11:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.