{'en': 'Simple/complex hydrates', 'es': 'Hidratos simples/complejos'} Image

Simple/complex hydrates

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo   03/02/2020 2:48 p.m.

Hello,

I do not know what are simple or fast absorption carbohydrates and complex or slow.

I don't know how to handle them.

I have also heard of "counting calories" how is it done?

I am type 1 diabetic.

Tresiba and Fiasp.

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/02/2020 2:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Link
@"Paco Iriarte Vañó", I recommend you.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/02/2020 3:16 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

I send you some links that I have put in order that I think they can help you.

Start with the Diabetes Foundation: look at the infographic "how and why count carbohydrates (HC)".I also put a link to the famous carbohydrate rations table.Study.In the table you will see in red the ones that have a higher glycemic index, that is, those of rapid absorption.For example, milk, juices, bolleria, bread, etc.The vegetables, for example, are slow absorption.I have it as a PDF file in my mobile, to consult doubts.

You don't have to count calories!(Well if you want to lose weight, you can).For us the important thing is to count carbohydrates (or rations, to make it easier. A ration = 10 gr ch).TB You have to avoid excess fat and proteins in a meal.

I think that in these links is the most basic.Mirate it everything calmly.

It would be good that when it went to the endocrine, you tell you if it is possible for any course of a nutritionist.That would be ideal.

I hope this serves you

Start here:
Link

Then look at the table
Link

More information
Link
Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/02/2020 3:26 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

solar said:
Link
@"Paco Iriarte Vañó", I recommend this one.
solar said:
Link
@"Paco Iriarte Vañó", I recommend this one.

Thanks Solaria, I tell you & lt; 3

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/02/2020 7:02 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@"paco iriarte vañó"

Start with the Diabetes Foundation: look at the infographic "how and why count carbohydrates (HC)".I also put a link to the famous carbohydrate rations table.Study.In the table you will see in red the ones that have a higher glycemic index, that is, those of rapid absorption.For example, milk, juices, bolleria, bread, etc.The vegetables, for example, are slow absorption.I have it as a PDF file in my mobile, to consult doubts.

You don't have to count calories!(Well if you want to lose weight, you can).For us the important thing is to count carbohydrates (or rations, to make it easier. A ration = 10 gr ch).TB You have to avoid excess fat and proteins in a meal.

It would be good that when it went to the endocrine, you tell you if it is possible for any course of a nutritionist.That would be ideal.

I hope this serves you

Start here:
Link

Then look at the table
Link

More information
Link
Link

Thank you very much j I am fish on these issues, I will soak it out & lt; 3

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/02/2020 7:06 p.m.

paco Iriarte vañó said:
jldiazdel said:
@"paco iriarte vañó"

I hope this serves you

Start here:
Link

Then look at the table
Link

More information
Link
Link

Thank you very much j I am fish on these issues, I will soak it out & lt; 3

Hi J. I read it but I don't know how to use the information, could you give me an example of how to make use of it?I don't know how many "rations" I take or should take.thank you

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/04/2020 2:19 p.m.

Hi Paco

Tomorrow I try to send you some simple example and how to have rations with some example

But you should ask your endocrine to sign up for a course or an appointment with a nutritionist

all the best

Juan Luis

jldiazdel
03/04/2020 5:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi Paco, @"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

Now that I have a hole I put some examples.
First it is important that you know how many insulin units you have to use by ration carbohydrates (CH) Q commas.If you don't know, you can find out little by little.But for that it is very important that you make breakfast with the same amount of rations, meals with the same amount if you can, and dinners too.You need to have a little one weighs at home.I have another one in my office because many times in him.

Example 4 -serving breakfast.In my yogurt tells me that 100 gr has 6 gr of ch.I need to know how many GR of yogurt to make 1 ration (10 gr ch).Well, we make three simple rule.X = 1000/6 = 166 gr.That is to say that more/less with a yogurt of that brand of 150 gr I make a ration.Well I sign up for the future in a notebook, where I make sections by types of food (dairy, cereals, pasta, vegetables, etc).I am going to put cereal musli and puts that per 100 gr have 50 gr ch.A ration of that musli comes out to 1000/50 = 20 gr of Musli.I sign it in a notebook.The yogurt add line seeds (zero CH) and calbaza pipes (zero CH), thus increasing the amount of fat and protein and fills more.Now I want to eat fruit.In the Foundation's ration table he tells me that a 100 gr kiwi (medium unit) is equivalent to 1 ration.I'm going to take two medium kiwis.Total: 4 portions.
Now I put 4 insulin units, because I know I normally need 1 u.Fast insulin when I take 1 ration.If you still don't know, you will have to try little by little.Before breakfast you look where you are blood sugar.You sign it.If you have a sensor it is much easier.You look at 2-3 hours after breakfast.And you compare it with it before breakfast.If you were high, you consider it for the next day.And you put insulin correction that you need.

I have made breakfast models, in which there are always 4 portions.There are people who prefer to have the same breakfast.That what you prefer.

In the food I make the same system, and take between 4 to 5 servings.And dinner have made very light only 2 servings.And I try to dine about 2-3 h before bedtime.

Example Dinner.A 150 gr chicken fillet (zero CH), with 150 gr of broccoli, two toast of whole wheat bread and one fruit piece.I do not tell the Brocoli, it has very slow CH (look at it in the table) and I would have to take a lot to make a ration.For 150 gr I don't count it.The integral bread that I buy I have already noted in my notebook that two toast are 1 ration (more or less).On the label it puts q 100 gr has 75 gr ch.Well, I get 1000/75 = 13 gr.A slice weighs about 7 gr.Well, I know with two slices I do (more or less) a ration.Fruit, I look at the table and a medium apple (100 gr) is a ration.You can weigh it if you do not trust.And that's it.As for each ration I have to put an insulin unit, I put two insulin units.Always having the same rations and checking where you are at 2-3, you will see that amount of insulin corresponds to you.It may happen that for breakfast, food and dinner are different.For example.I take 4 rations at breakfast but I only put 3 insulin units.Because I will work then walking, and I have proven that half an hour of walking (with the insulin still active) consumes me practically a ration of ch.

This will seem complicated, but once you are pointing in a notebook the rations of the products that you usually take, then you will know it by heart.It is important that you get used to visually learn how much a ration is.For example, at dinner you can put a ration of ch of normal white bread.In the table it tells you that that is 20 gr of bread.Cut the bread and weigh and look at what it is.So when you are in a restaurant, more or less visually you will know what a ration is.Do the same with rice and potatoes.WithThese I learned that by putting on a plate not very large two rations occupied more or less a quarter of the plate.The bread (potatoes, rice) has very fast action CH and you will see that the slice is very small.They are ch what I call expensive, and I prefer to drink vegetables, they are slow and you can take large amounts to make a ration.

On how many rations a day you have to take depends on each person and your activity.I have been testing and I have stayed for the moment with about 10 rations daily, that is, about 100 gr ch.Try what works best for you.The most complicated part is learning your insulin factors.If you have a sensor it is simpler.It may come out that for a ration you need two units.It is very personal., And only you can check it.And as they say in the forum.Once you know that for example, a 4 -portion breakfast requires 4 units and suddenly after a few months you notice that you are somewhat high in glucose, before increasing insulin, check it at least for three days in a row.And if you persist, then you noted that 4 rations at breakfast are now 5 insulin units.

This has been a bit long.I stop here.Read it and start practicing.If you have more doubts, ask.I hope it serves you.

All the best
Juan Luis

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 2:21 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

Ah and remember that we are not machines.Today for example, I have eaten 5 portions, I have put 5 units and it seems that I have been high and that one more insulin unit has lacked me.Or the huge apple that I took more ch than I thought!

Well that's how things are

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 2:46 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 3:48 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

I have sent you photos with the visual trick of detecting 2 rations (here they are called) when you eat outside.You can do the same at home with things you usually take

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 3:49 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

The first photo is fair to my first course when I was entered in the Hospital March 12, 2018. Soon I already fulfill two years ... more of life!

What memories

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 3:51 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

I have found TB a practical roche guide to count carbohydrates, which I think can be very useful.It's very nice

Link

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 4:39 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Dear Juan Luis MuchiiiiiiiiiSima thanks, it was just what I needed to know.See you around here.You should edit this rookie report.Thank you again

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/05/2020 4:42 p.m.

Roche's table is cushion, enters you.God bless you Juan Luis

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/05/2020 4:49 p.m.

: Smile:
I'm very happy to hear it !

I hope it serves you

When you have looked and reviewed everything, do not have any hurry to ask.

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 4:51 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Ah, I have found the table thanks to the blog

Link

He has put its author on another subject in this forum.

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 4:55 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

One question.Within the policy of the rations, how are rapid absorption hydrates with those of slow?The most that I get is that a lacteo is slow and is going well at dinner- Greetings Sensey

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/05/2020 7:33 p.m.

paco Iriarte vañó said:
one question.Within the policy of the rations, how are rapid absorption hydrates with those of slow?The most that I get is that a lacteo is slow and is going well at dinner- A Sensey greeting

Fast absorption HC are related to slow absorption HC by the glycemic index (IG) that is related to blood glucose (blood, capillary or interstitial) in which rapid absorption HC produce more "peak" (not always) and"Before" (not always).
These relationships are not mathematics (there are no formulas).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/05/2020 9:05 p.m.

Everyone counts in the rations.But the rapids know that they will enter about 15 or 20 m in the blood flow (in our case) while the slow ones can enter after an hour (such as chickpeas that are complicated).

There are vegetables, they are slow, that if I take less than 200 gr, I don't tell them in the portions, because I have proven that they are as slow if I tell them as the tables say would have hypos.But that is everyone a world.The important thing is that you know if they are slow can begin to enter when insulin loses effect.And if you are going to move after eating or you can tell the shoes.

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 9:38 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.