{'en': 'Simple/complex hydrates', 'es': 'Hidratos simples/complejos'} Image

Simple/complex hydrates

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo   03/02/2020 2:48 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
bread and potatoes enter fast.The pasta if it is integral usually enters slower and in my case I have to take more than what is theory says the GR of carbohydrates.But that happens to me with a certain paste.
I think everyone has to try.In general I prefer integral paste to bread.But sometimes when there is little time TB I take integral bread.

The amount of fiber it contains must be subtracted from the label of the label since it is not digested.

Keep in mind that maybe it's what is happening to you

marine's profile photo
marine
04/30/2020 10:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well it turns out that I can't look at the bread label, because it is a small bakery of a lifetime and the bread does not give it to you with a bag where I put ingredients or nutritional table ... I will test with the paste

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/30/2020 1:37 p.m.

Buy breadcrumbs in the Super, the package brings everything and is bread

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
04/30/2020 3:37 p.m.

Of course there are different types of bread

Paco Iriarte Vañó
04/30/2020 3:38 p.m.

I do not understand how to subtract the fiber from the HC ... the fiber is fiber and the HC is what affects us

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/30/2020 5:21 p.m.

@Malenuka, fiber is a type of H.C.that is not digested / metabolized, as @marine explained to you.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/30/2020 6:06 p.m.

Hello.I see that they have provided you a lot of information 😊
I am diabetic for 25 years but also dietitian.Just Friday I made a live in my IG talking about this topic.
I would like to comment that it is important that we take comprehensive carbohydrates so that the glycemic index decreases.
If you need to expand information or explain how to make a more specific guideline for you you can contact me through my social networks or my website www.ceresnutrionysalud.com
or directly to the tlf of my consultation 664110794 📲

Instagram @ceres_nutrionysalud
Facebook Ceres Nutrition and Health

Alicia_tc's profile photo
Alicia_tc
05/03/2020 11:35 a.m.

Why don't you download the "Foodmeter" application, it is free comes in Spanish and carries a lot of food and its equivalence in carbohydrates, it will possibly help you a lot and take away many doubts.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
05/03/2020 5:09 p.m.

@marine

In the labels the grams of carbohydrates that come are the ones that are absorbed and the grams of fiber are separated.There is nothing to subtract.In any case, if you have been subtracting, you have not made a lot of mistake because the grams of fiber in general (except in the bran and other seeds) are low, below the 5 gr normally.

Some labels detail the grams of sugars below carbohydrates as additional information.That's all.But the fiber is separated.You will not see on a label that says: carbohydrates, of which fiber ... but sometimes you will see: carbohydrates, of which sugars ...

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/04/2020 9:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@marine

In the labels the grams of carbohydrates that come are the ones that are absorbed and the grams of fiber are separated.There is nothing to subtract.In any case, if you have been subtracting, you have not made a lot of mistake because the grams of fiber in general (except in the bran and other seeds) are low, below the 5 gr normally.

Some labels detail the grams of sugars below carbohydrates as additional information.That's all.But the fiber is separated.You will not see on a label that says: carbohydrates, of which fiber ... but sometimes you will see: carbohydrates, of which sugars ...

GREETING

Good morning !

Well, I don't know what to tell you .... I even do so less than 1 year ago that I did like you ... but I began to realize both in my levels of sugar and in an app that I started using to countThe kcal that this was not so.

The app called Fat Secret.

The left column that puts net C (are net hydrates)

The image of the product to be tested

Web where the subject is discussed

Link

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
05/05/2020 8:23 a.m.

Yes, here it says clearly "subtract."It is a minor issue, but the controversy is served.Jldiazdel is my guru.

Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/05/2020 11:18 a.m.

@marine

The image of the product that you send is very clear.The fiber is separated from hydrates.But in the link of the article you send, on the English label the fiber appears as a sub -component of the carbohydrates.That is not very common.But if so, of course you have to discount them.You have to look very well the labels.But the photo that you send (by the way a very well balanced food, rich in fibers and proteins) you have nothing to subtract.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the fiber (if abundant) will delay digestion.Excess fat does the same.And it may happen that insulin acts faster that the absorption of carbohydrates.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/05/2020 7:21 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.