{'en': 'Simple/complex hydrates', 'es': 'Hidratos simples/complejos'} Image

Simple/complex hydrates

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo   03/02/2020 2:48 p.m.

Hello Juan Luis
I am taking advantage of the information and forums that you gave me, thanks.I am informing and pointing in a notebook my usual meals but I still do not dominate the slow and fast hydrates (and there are contradictions in among some tables) I still have a long way to go but I will arrive.I have not yet adopted the ration system, I still have hypos at dawn if I do not lie with 150 minimum, I am going down the threeiva (from 28 to 18 leaving the 3 days that you recommend) and I think I will continue to lower it, did you put you 8?And although I do not want to abuse your generosity, the truth is that I feel abandoned to my fate and with things to half -prefer, until my next appointment with the endocrine in 6 months.I have to solve this before, with your help.
Looking in the Roche table that 150 g of peeled nuts are 1/2 ration.I have heavy one and there are 5g. I would have to eat 60 nuts to make 1 ration, it is impossible.Incidentally, it warns that nuts have a high caloric content. What is the difference between calories and HC?
And if you are so kind, when you have time, I would come from pearls, to finish clarifying, having a full day of yours, from dawn to the next dawn."I get up, I do this, I measure myself and give this, I get as much as so much and what happens in the organism is this ...) you have already told me in part your method but a full day would be formidable, knowing that between whichlevels you move over a day and one night.
Thanks advanced
Paco

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/14/2020 12:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

P.S.I don't know if the goal is to keep the glycemic level all the time in the same value?

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/14/2020 12:08 a.m.

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"

Hello
When I have a while these days I tell you one day but very summarized.But what I do and my data from rations, or insulin and glucose levels will not serve you!Each of us are very very different.And you should not follow my daily program.It would be a mistake.Not only for daily habits but because our body reacts very differently.I do not use threeiba but abasagulate as slow, that's why it won't help you much what I do.

The nuts, I about five and I don't tell them!They have a lot of fat.

You have to insist, be patient and keep pointing what you eat and the hours.You will see how you will adjust the insulin factors and units.It is not easy and there are days that I put the leg.Like all of us.

Greetings and still.You go along the way

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/14/2020 9:06 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"
Ah, the goal is to be a reasonable range inside.It is impossible for us to be in a fixed value.When we eat, blood glucose rises and it is normal to eat something.The important thing is approximately not being over 180. When insulin acts Bsjara.That is why you have to look at 2 or 3 h after eating.Ideally, be between 90-130.More or less.And avoid hypos.If I see in the sensor that I approach to 80, I take something (I have very small caramelillos that have only 3 gr of hydrates) and thus trace.Or take a couple of large yogurt tablespoons.Something that returns me to a safer area.

jldiazdel
03/14/2020 9:14 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you Juan Luis, I know that copying you is not the goal, but I am so uninformed that I want to approach what I should do and starting from your method to find mine.
Do you also get in the morning?In addition to the slow.
And yes, please, the 24 h test that I ask you, is without details.I want to visualize the curve and understand how the intake of HC and insulins acts in the body, between which minimum and maximum values ​​you keep.We can talk about rations, fast units and glucometer values.
God bless you

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/14/2020 11:29 a.m.

@"Paco Iriarte Vañó"
Hi Paco
Now that I have a hole I tell you yesterday, and then I send you some photos.Keep in mind that I use Dexcom sensor and glucose values ​​that I give you are those of the sensor, which can have a +/- 15 mg error.Abbreviations Q I will use: racies ra, car carbohydrates, fast insulin units novorapid ui

Breakfast 8:00 in 105mg, 4 ra, and 3.5 IU.I sulked me 15 m before breakfast.The days of Diario I put 3ui because I am half an hour to go to work, but on Saturdays, the market for purchase is very close to home at 5m.
10:30 Purchases in 130 mg.On the way back 11:30 for unknown reasons in 145mg.I am not worried, because I will go out again.
14.30 Back at home in 118.
3rd food, I put 3 IU because I am not going to move.I sulked me 15 m before.As I am going to eat chickpeas are very complicated because they enter slowly but they enter.They are ideal for walking but to be at home, no.But I love them.(Food accompanied by two red wine glasses, I love it).
Indeed at 18.00 in 163mg.I control blood and leave 156mg, I do not feel like staying at that value until dinner and I put 1 IU of correction.I know Q 1ui lowers me about 50 mg.
19.30 already in 125mg
Dinner 20.00 in 110mg.2 ra and 2 IU.
21.00 I put slow insulin abasaglar 5 units.(Note: This slow insulin hard only about 20 hours, it is very different from the three -year that lasts several days. When I do not do sports, on vacation I wear about 7 units. I get see that I need more when I wake up in the morning several severalhigher days, about 20 or 40 mg of those who went to bed.)
22.30 in 130mg.I'm going to bed.I like to bed early, I need to sleep between 7 to 8 hours.
7.30 this morning in 124mg

Which is the most important thing about the procedure that you have to follow:

Regular meals and control the ra.Try to have breakfast the same ra, the same food and dinner.You will regularly check that quantity of ui you need.
Look how you are before eating and check only at 2.5 h (more or less).If you look at the time, you may be in 180. It doesn't matter.Don't look at him.But always look like you are at 2 and a half.Or three hours.Fast insulin practically has a residual effect after 2 hours.
If you are around 150 and you will not move you can opt for a correction.You have to learn (test and error) how many mg a quick insulin unit normally lowers you.
If you are going to walk in the period of up to three hours after putting insulin, be very careful.The movement enhances the insulin and can give you a hypo.Put less insulin if you know that after eating you are going to walk a long walk.
Take breakfast chips, or breakfast if you prefer the same.Make leaves with the food that you take and adapt them to you.You can always search the internet grams of ch of a food.But you will have to see how you work and write it down.
It would be great to make the chips and do it with your wife, friend, friend or son.Sharing and commenting can help you.I do it with my wife.She says that she knows more than me!
I try to weigh food at home.For example, today I have had breakfast among other things 50 gr apple and 120 gr of orange.1.5 ra.But do not obsess.Everything is approximate.An apple can be sweeter than another.And there are days that our body generates more glucose.
Listen to your mistakes, and relax.If you can't run out because this disease is very tired.To me, my wife puts me at home many times the fast insulin in the culete, and she says that she makes a banderillera and sings the sound of the runs and we laugh for a while.
Let's see if in a couple of weeks you tell me that you take and how many you put.
Ah, I see the endocrine every three months.Look to see if you can increase the frequency.My endocrine does the HBA1C hemoglobin test every three months.That will tell you how you havecontrol in the last three months.

I send you some photos.
The first is an example of a breakfast card.I have many but all about 4 ra (I call be)

The second is an ex my vegetable table.The names are in German and I call them here.You can sign up for 100 gr what has ra (in my case be).Or if you prefer how many gr of that food you have to take a ra.

And the third is the 24 -hour graph of my G6 sensor.Saturday.There you can see about 18.00 when the correction paused.

I hope it is useful

Good Sunday Paco and I hope your factors tell us in a couple of weeks!

jldiazdel
03/15/2020 11:32 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel
03/15/2020 11:33 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel
03/15/2020 11:33 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

What a wonder, my friend.You have an excellent control, thanks for sharing your data.
To study, I will inform you of my advances.From what I see you live in Germany in what part?(I know her a little)

Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/16/2020 12:17 p.m.

In Frankfurt!

You will tell us.You should talk tb with your endocrine.

jldiazdel
03/16/2020 12:39 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello.In the tables that consult the glycemic index of food is reflected (as you know is the time it takes to climb to the bloodstream), classified as: slow, medium and fast.So far, but it turns out that in the containers it only comes: "Grs. Of HC = --- of which sugars = ---" (Pe. 18/3) Does this mean that 15 g.They are slow and 3 g.Rapid?(I mean that in an hour you have not eaten more than 3 grams?) Or does the average do? ... I don't know how to interpret it, thanks

Paco Iriarte Vañó
04/26/2020 2:06 p.m.

paco Iriarte vañó said:
hello.In the tables that consult the glycemic index of food is reflected (as you know is the time it takes to climb to the bloodstream), classified as: slow, medium and fast.So far, but it turns out that in the containers it only comes: "Grs. Of HC = --- of which sugars = ---" (Pe. 18/3) Does this mean that 15 g.They are slow and 3 g.Rapid?(I mean that in an hour you have not eaten more than 3 grams?) Or does the average do? ... I don't know how to interpret it, thank you

It is quite difficult for this, since although it is true that free sugars (the 3 grams that you put an example) are always quickly fast if they mix with fats (for example) take longer to absorb.Even so, the glycemic index is quite inaccurate and depends on other things such as the amount of fiber or fat that you have food next to that hydrate.Beyond fixing so in detail in the glycemic index it is important that measuring your sugar before and after meals (or as they have told you with a sensor it is much easier to see the curve) you discover that types of food and food make youYou personally peak or which ones are slower as in the end each body is different.
The really mathematical (and not always because diabetes is not an exact science haha) is to calculate the portions and insulin that you should put for it, if you do this well or not at 2 hours after eating approximately the sugar would havethan to be in normal ranges.
Even so a little above and as examples.
Fast absorption: sugar, sugary drinks, fruits and juices, refined flours (any non -integral paste) ... everything that has free sugar and not too much fat or fiber.
Slowly absorption: anything accompanied by fat, whole wheat flours, vegetables ...

This is an example well above, it is what I usually have in mind since I know myself and with this it is enough to control myself.The important thing is to know how to count the rations.

The difference between hydrates and calories is that hydrates is only what becomes glucose (and affects us) calories is the "energy" that gives us a food, it can give us due to hydrates or fats or proteins and caloriesThey do not affect glucose at all.

I nuts, eating a moderate amount, do not count the hydrates, most of them have very few hydrates and fat, so they hardly upload glucose if you take a prudential amount.
For me, in general, if something has less than 0.5 rations of hydrates (5gr of hydrates) I do not count it, since it has little impact on glucose and if it could an insulin unit to cover 0.5 rations or lessI would give me hypoglycemia so I just can't tell it.I am obviously talking about taking 0.5 portions separately, such as a handful of nutof rations.For example, one day Ceno only some vegetables and meat with 0.5 carbohydrates, I do not put insulin.But if dinner of those same vegetables with 3.5r of rice because if it would add it and it would be a total of 4r.I don't know if I have explained well.

All the best.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
04/26/2020 3:08 p.m.

Perfectly, Macarena.Your experience helps me finding my way.I am trying to adopt the ration system and I make my own tables, but I am very green.I had hyponeceres and I decreased the dose of threeiva (from 28 to 14) because I had to go to bed "tall" and I think 14 for the moment I do well, always supporting each meal with the rapid flasp, removing breakfast that I usually be low.A big hug and I hope to see you here.Thank you

Paco Iriarte Vañó
04/26/2020 5:32 p.m.

It is not so precise!The GR of sugars are fast but that does not mean that the rest are all slow.

But in general the less sugars have a less fast food.Look also the fiber content.The fiber are carbohydrates that are not absorbed.The more Gr of fiber the more the digestion will slow you.But then each one works differently.You have to try.Yes, it's not easy!

But in general the less sugars the glycemic index and slower will be its absorption.

All the best

jldiazdel
04/26/2020 6:48 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello JL."Fat and fiber ..." New unknowns are opened every step

Paco Iriarte Vañó
04/27/2020 12:14 p.m.

Yes Paco

The truth is that it is not easy!

Remember that fat and fiber (depending on the quantities) will delay digestion.An excess of fat can cause you at 3 hours (more or less) a glycemia rise.But in excess.And that depends on each one.In general, the fats are assimilated worse and the digestions become slower.That's why I have erased the pizzas of my list, and that I like.But it takes a long time to digest them.

All the best
Juan Luis

jldiazdel
04/27/2020 8:42 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You are a lighthouse on.
I incorporate fiber and fat into the tables and above all take them into account in mixtures with hydrates.One does not bore one;)

Paco Iriarte Vañó
04/27/2020 9:20 p.m.

It is possible that the integral bread, rises more glycemia than the integral paste or potatoes?Consuming the same ration of HC.I am obsessed with the bread to put hydrates (also because it is the fastest one, it is not necessary to cook) and I begin to suspect that the bread goes up more glycemia

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/29/2020 6:56 p.m.

Malenuka said:
is the whole wheat bread, raise blood glucose than integral paste or potatoes?Consuming the same ration of HC.I am obsessed with the bread to put hydrates (also because it is the fastest one, it is not necessary to cook) and I begin to suspect that the bread goes up more glycemia

The integral bread usually carries more sugar than white bread.The ingredients should be well looked at.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/29/2020 8:42 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Bread and potatoes enter fast.The pasta if it is integral usually enters slower and in my case I have to take more than what is theory says the GR of carbohydrates.But that happens to me with a certain paste.
I think everyone has to try.In general I prefer integral paste to bread.But sometimes when there is little time TB I take integral bread.

jldiazdel
04/29/2020 9:31 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.