{'en': 'A little desperate', 'es': 'Un poco desesperada'} Image

A little desperate

Elenar49's profile photo   07/20/2020 12:46 a.m.

@Elenar49 In Theory you can eat anything, "In Theory" but I have ruled out of my diet Mexican food, China, Peruvian, .... They all have high glycemic indices and it costs a lot of insulin to return to normal values.
I "success" well with the dose, but as soon as the effect of insulin passes at 3 hours, it shoots in free climb and I have to put more insulin.How to click is not a pleasure (I'm full of bruises), I have decided to remove it from the diet, the same as rice, pasta, certain fruits, beer, red meat, potatoes in all its forms, peas ....
Little by little you will learn that every day is different, that food with few hydrates if they have fat rises glycemia at 2-3 hours, etc.
I take about 6 months to control the food well.A year I bought the freestyle and it is what has helped me the most, but expensive.€ 60 every 14 days.
When you have an appointment with the Endocrine of the SS, ask him to prescribe the freestyle.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/31/2020 12:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

davidag2000 said:
jldiazdel said:
@elenenar49

Yes, it is not that that dessert or that fruit with insulin must be corrected.But I shouldn't do that.Q eats the fruit or dessert with food and not in the midst of digestion.After eating should be expected 3 hours before eating again.It is not good to be getting carbohydrates continuously.Tell him with him.But well if you decide to eat fruit or post at 45nm of a meal, you have to put the insulin corresponding to those carbohydrates.Do not hesitate.

That is something that being diabetic, I would not even consider it.What should be done having this disease is to eat everything of one to prick only once and let it take its effect the 2-3 hours of rapid insulin.In addition, that overlapping insulins is never recommended (and then more mess to know if it is active or not).

Ok, thank you very much for the help

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/31/2020 1:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ruthbia said:
@elanar49 in theory you can eat anything, "in theory" but I have ruled out of my diet Mexican food, China, Peruvian, .... They all have high glycemic indexes andIt costs a lot of insulin to return to normal values.
I "success" well with the dose, but as soon as the effect of insulin passes at 3 hours, it shoots in free climb and I have to put more insulin.How to click is not a pleasure (I'm full of bruises), I have decided to remove it from the diet, the same as rice, pasta, certain fruits, beer, red meat, potatoes in all its forms, peas ....
Little by little you will learn that every day is different, that food with few hydrates if they have fat rises glycemia at 2-3 hours, etc.
I take about 6 months to control the food well.A year I bought the freestyle and it is what has helped me the most, but expensive.€ 60 every 14 days.
When you have an appointment with the Endocrine of the SS, ask him to prescribe the freestyle.

Hello, I have called to ask for information about Free Style.I have been surprised when the commercial tells me that, just in case, you always have to measure the sugar with the strips and the puncture, that the free style is only to reduce the number of punctures a day.I didn't understand that very well, really.That apparently it is not necessary but that as each body is a world, there are people who do not puncture again to measure it.I have seen a lot of use of monitoring how the body reacts to the sport, certain food, hypoglycemia warning ... In September to the end he has an appointment with the endocrine and ask but I fear that they will put fight.If for reactive strips we almost have to beg the ambulatory because before they gave 3 boxes and now one with excuses.Many thanks for everything

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/31/2020 1:48 p.m.

He eats in each meal pasta or rice or potatoes because they put such fear in the body with which it was essential without giving explanations of why, and speaking with some diabetics many do not even try those foods.One of Hospitalsl did say that those foods do because as it had such a strong debut at 800 with acedosis?That not eating hydrates would incur the risk of having ketosis but what I did many years I know that it is even beneficial in some cases but in Dyrabetics I do not know.And also the fruit, vegetables etc. already have hydrates.Thank you very much for helping

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/31/2020 1:52 p.m.

I debuted with 380 on an empty stomach, ketoacedosis, urine infection, candidas, 10 kg less .... the complete pack.I left the hospital with insulins, metformin, a pack of bestial antibiotics and pills and ovules for candidas.

As I told you, it is not that they cannot or should eat, it is that insulin effort is greater.As Paella exclusively when I go to the beach and I know that I have to replace insulin at 3 hours.If for giving my boy a whim I go to a Mexican or Peruvian, I have happy, but every 3 hours I have to put insulin because it lasts almost 12 hours to metabolize that food.

For a debutante, it is best to always eat the same amount of carbohydrates at each meal, in this way you will be able to adjust the insulin doses well.Then you will have time to make variations or eat more or less because you will know how much insulin you need for 10g of HC (1 ration of HC)
When debuts, 10 g HC can be 0 of insulin and live only with basal (I was like this the first year) then passed to 0.5 ud of insulin, over the years it goes up and now in my hormonal cycle the ratios changed.

They will also have told you that it is essential to make 5 meals a day, which is not true, you have to eat according to the needs of each body.I made 5 meals and I was in a feed all day, now I do 3, I'm fine and fatter: P

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/31/2020 2:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I debuted with 380 on an empty stomach, ketoacedosis, urine infection, candidas, 10 kg less .... the complete pack.I left the hospital with insulins, metformin, a pack of bestial antibiotics and pills and ovules for candidas.

As I told you, it is not that they cannot or should eat, it is that insulin effort is greater.As Paella exclusively when I go to the beach and I know that I have to replace insulin at 3 hours.If for giving my boy a whim I go to a Mexican or Peruvian, I have happy, but every 3 hours I have to put insulin because it lasts almost 12 hours to metabolize that food.

For a debutante, it is best to always eat the same amount of carbohydrates at each meal, in this way you will be able to adjust the insulin doses well.Then you will have time to make variations or eat more or less because you will know how much insulin you need for 10g of HC (1 ration of HC)
When debuts, 10 g HC can be 0 of insulin and live only with basal (I was like this the first year) then passed to 0.5 ud of insulin, over the years it goes up and now in my hormonal cycle the ratios changed.

They will also have told you that it is essential to make 5 meals a day, which is not true, you have to eat according to the needs of each body.I made 5 meals and I was in a feed all day, now I do 3, I'm very fat: p

Wow, poor thing.I'm sorry.We discovered it in February because it was very, very cold and did not go, drank water for a long time as a beast and thinned until it was 1.72 tall in 57 kilos.I didn't even know what a debut was.Pneumomy just when the coronavirus began, urine infection and the good thing is that they did a thousand tests to see how damaged the body was.They say that within the very bad being years being unacing without knowing it or had caused very serious damage and that it could give a song in the teeth.

The truth is that the advice they have given me the most in the hospital, here in the forum, some dyrabetics I know is that I always try to eat at first the same rations and we never understand why.And the worst advice is that since it was very thin is that it ate the hydrate that I would like without adding "eye, but adds so much insulin," they said that it put one more without based on anything and, of course, the sugar levels were not optimal untilThat I started asking for help and reading books I learned from rations, insulin units, etc.And what we have left to learn.You never know enough

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/31/2020 3:38 p.m.

ruthbia said:

They will also have told you that it is essential to make 5 meals a day, which is not true, you have to eat according to the needs of each body.I made 5 meals and I was in a feed all day, now I do 3, I'm very fat: p

Well, gaining weight happens to us all, Ji.You'll be losing it, if you have plenty.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/31/2020 3:39 p.m.

Well, go revealed the mystery of why eat the same amounts of hydrates!:)
Here we will tell you all more or less the same, you will not see many contradictory comments.We have all gone through the debut with doubts and fears.

To get fat you have to eat normal and the dose of insulin that is needed, with rest instead of being very active it will gradually solve it.I spend a few kilos: wink:

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/31/2020 7:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

Carbohydrates usually take to begin to assimilate between 15m and 30m depending on the type of food.Digestion usually lasts on a half about two hours.More or less.And insulin has a maximum effect at the time and lasts about two hours (well there is somewhat residual until three hours).That means that there is no need to look at blood glucose half an hour after breakfast or a meal but between two and three hours to really know how it is.

The dizziness, or weakness, may be due to many factors, but may not related to diabetes.In fact, if he started breakfast in 144, he means that he had no hypoglycemia.I would go to the doctor and make me a complete blood analytical.Including iron and other vitamins.You may have some deficiency.It may not be eating varied, enough vegetables and proteins, or that something does not assimilate it well.It is best to go to the doctor and tell him.

So you comment has anemia.That with heat can affect you.You probably have to overcome that anemia

I hope those dizziness pass

Hi, last night he did that test in a vacuum.There is something that does not block to see if you can help me.He went to bed a little high 195, so he ate anything and put an insulin unit to do that test.At two hours at one in the morning, since he woke up he decided to measure himself and kept giving the same.This morning on an empty stomach, shouldn't I have dropped at 2 hours?Thank you

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/01/2020 8:56 a.m.

elanar49 said:
jldiazdel said:
@elanar49

Carbohydrates usually take to begin to assimilate between 15m and 30m depending on the type of food.Digestion usually lasts on a half about two hours.More or less.And insulin has a maximum effect at the time and lasts about two hours (well there is somewhat residual until three hours).That means that there is no need to look at blood glucose half an hour after breakfast or a meal but between two and three hours to really know how it is.

The dizziness, or weakness, may be due to many factors, but may not related to diabetes.In fact, if he started breakfast in 144, he means that he had no hypoglycemia.I would go to the doctor and make me a complete blood analytical.Including iron and other vitamins.You may have some deficiency.It may not be eating varied, enough vegetables and proteins, or that something does not assimilate it well.It is best to go to the doctor and tell him.

So you comment has anemia.That with heat can affect you.You probably have to overcome that anemia

Hi, last night he did that test in a vacuum.There is something that does not block to see if you can help me.He went to bed a little high 195, so he ate anything and put an insulin unit to do that test.At two hours at one in the morning, since he woke up he decided to measure himself and kept giving the same.This morning on an empty stomach, shouldn't I have dropped at 2 hours?Thanks

It should, but also depends on the basal (not only the fast), as I told you in its day and dinner, in case something had fat and went up later.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/01/2020 11:52 a.m.

elanar49 said:
jldiazdel said:
@elanar49

Hi, last night he did that test in a vacuum.There is something that does not block to see if you can help me.He went to bed a little high 195, so he ate anything and put an insulin unit to do that test.At two hours at one in the morning, since he woke up he decided to measure himself and kept giving the same.This morning on an empty stomach, shouldn't I have dropped at 2 hours?Thanks

I with 195, Q are practically 200, I put 2 units, but it depends on the ratio.At two hours it is more effect of the rapid Q of the slow.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/01/2020 12:33 p.m.

@ELENAR49

That test is very good.The next time this is in 195 (remember that the blood meter also has error, and it may be that it was in 185 or 205), 2 units can be put on correction.And at two or three hours look at how it is.You are doing it very well.Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/01/2020 9:07 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

davidag2000 said:
elenar49 said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
@elanar49

It should, but also depends on the basal (not only the rapid), as I told you in its day and dinner, in case something had fat and went up later.

Well, a cooked ham was in the grilled taco that is supposed to have much fat.And I think vegetables and fruit.And he didn't think.Thanks for the answer

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 12:44 a.m.

meginer said:
elenar49 said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

I with 195, Q are practically 200, I put 2 units, but it depends on the ratio.At two hours it is more effect of the rapid Q of the slow.

Yes, I have already seen that with one it falls short but we were afraid to put 2 just in case.Thank you so much

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 12:47 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

That test is very good.The next time this is in 195 (remember that the blood meter also has error, and it may be that it was in 185 or 205), 2 units can be put on correction.And at two or three hours look at how it is.You are doing it very well.Encourage

When we suspect that perhaps the meter is making a false measurement, is it better to puncture again after a while?Thank you very much for the spirits.We are considering trying the freestyle to see how the body reacts but on the other hand the girl who attended me on the phone also spoke to me of false measurements of the device and that used to happen.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 12:50 a.m.

elanar49 said:
jldiazdel said:
@elanar49

That test is very good.The next time this is in 195 (remember that the blood meter also has error, and it may be that it was in 185 or 205), 2 units can be put on correction.And at two or three hours look at how it is.You are doing it very well.Encourage

When we suspect that perhaps the meter is making a false measurement, is it better to puncture again after a while?Thank you very much for the spirits.We are considering trying the freestyle to see how the body reacts but on the other hand the girl who attended me on the phone also spoke to me of false measurements of the device and that used to happen.

If you think it is a false measurement, it is as if you had not done it, so I would do it immediately.

On the other hand, get free freestyle as soon as possible, since with them, you will have unlimited measurements at any minute and second, which is much better.It is true that there are times that fail, but still, there is no comparative color, in general, with capillary measurements.Anyone would choose to have a free freestyle before hair measurements at this point.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/02/2020 1:21 a.m.

@ELENAR49

It is considered acceptable that the capillary meter has an error of +/- 10 mg of blood glucose.Sometimes you may up to 20 mg.That is to say that you can click on a finger and you of 130 and immediately on another finger and it comes out 140. The only way to really know the blood glucose level would be with an analytical.As you see is all approximate.Actually that this in 130 or 140 is practically the same.But if you control yourself and what comes out does not fit, of course, do another.Ah, something very important: wash your hands before and dry them well.If you are on the street, you take a little blood, clean it with a handkerchief and press again.You can use that second blood for control.

Remember to do the controls when it is already stable and with the digestion totally made.That is around 2 or 3 hours.The reason is simple.If you eat and measure yourself at half an hour, it can leave 120. But that does not work for you, because at the time you can be in 200, because it is when you are entering carbohydrates.The same when you make an insulin correction.As it takes about two hours to make its effect, if you measure you at the time it will give you a value that does not work for you.As a simple rule, hair controls always before each meal and then at two or three hours of food and insulin.

As they tell you, ask the sensor.Even sometimes gives mistakes, you will substantially improve the quality of life.He really see how his body reacts to meals and insulin.And will not have to do so many hair controls.Do not hesitate.

Good Sunday!

jldiazdel
08/02/2020 11:43 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

It is considered acceptable that the capillary meter has an error of +/- 10 mg of blood glucose.Sometimes you may up to 20 mg.That is to say that you can click on a finger and you of 130 and immediately on another finger and it comes out 140. The only way to really know the blood glucose level would be with an analytical.As you see is all approximate.Actually that this in 130 or 140 is practically the same.But if you control yourself and what comes out does not fit, of course, do another.Ah, something very important: wash your hands before and dry them well.If you are on the street, you take a little blood, clean it with a handkerchief and press again.You can use that second blood for control.

Remember to do the controls when it is already stable and with the digestion totally made.That is around 2 or 3 hours.The reason is simple.If you eat and measure yourself at half an hour, it can leave 120. But that does not work for you, because at the time you can be in 200, because it is when you are entering carbohydrates.The same when you make an insulin correction.As it takes about two hours to make its effect, if you measure you at the time it will give you a value that does not work for you.As a simple rule, hair controls always before each meal and then at two or three hours of food and insulin.

As they tell you, ask the sensor.Even sometimes gives mistakes, you will substantially improve the quality of life.He really see how his body reacts to meals and insulin.And will not have to do so many hair controls.Do not hesitate.

Good Sunday!

You have read my mind because I was precisely asking that.I was afraid to buy the freestyle and look at half an hour or at the time all the time and scare ourselves with the results that I see that they are normal.Do you recommend that you buy it directly on their website?Thank you very much for you for me, the very valuable help and the rest the same

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 11:55 a.m.

@ELENAR49

You should try to finance it and give you free.Talk to your endocrine and send it to you.I think it depends on each autonomous community.If it was not possible and your finances allow it, I would buy it without hesitation without the free Style sensor 2 of Abbott.I think it came out for about 50 euros every two weeks.

Well, if your finances allow it, I would buy Dexcom G6.But this is very expensive.About 1000 euros every three months.

With the sensor you have to do the same system as with the capillary controls.You have to look at two or three hours.Looking at half an hour of eating is absurd.The only good thing is that when you look at it at three o'clock you will see the entire blood glucose curve and you will see if it has risen a lot or not.It helps you a lot.But you always have to look at it after two or three hours of a meal and insulin.And of course before eating.Do not fully avoid hair controls, because if what tells you the sensor does not fit you you will have to make hair control.

But I would try before social security for free.Even though I imagine that now with the crisis, they must be very bad budget.

If you decide on the sensor, read the corresponding topics before for the forum and on the Abbott website all the information and videos.

All the best

jldiazdel
08/02/2020 12:08 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

You should try to finance it and give you free.Talk to your endocrine and send it to you.I think it depends on each autonomous community.If it was not possible and your finances allow it, I would buy it without hesitation without the free Style sensor 2 of Abbott.I think it came out for about 50 euros every two weeks.

Well, if your finances allow it, I would buy Dexcom G6.But this is very expensive.About 1000 euros every three months.

With the sensor you have to do the same system as with the capillary controls.You have to look at two or three hours.Looking at half an hour of eating is absurd.The only good thing is that when you look at it at three o'clock you will see the entire blood glucose curve and you will see if it has risen a lot or not.It helps you a lot.But you always have to look at it after two or three hours of a meal and insulin.And of course before eating.Do not fully avoid hair controls, because if what tells you the sensor does not fit you you will have to make hair control.

But I would try before social security for free.Even though I imagine that now with the crisis, they must be very bad budget.

If you decide on the sensor, read the corresponding topics before for the forum and on the Abbott website all the information and videos.

GREETING

I hope we get it.They do not sell until the end of September.We will fight it.Happy Sunday.Tomorrow I will ask for what you tell me.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 2:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.