{'en': 'A little desperate', 'es': 'Un poco desesperada'} Image

A little desperate

Elenar49's profile photo   07/20/2020 12:46 a.m.

@ELENAR49

Hello

I am Spanish, but I live in Frankfurt!

About what you ask, it is best to look at the digestion of carbohydrates etc.That is technically postprandial and I usually leave it at about 2 and a half of a meal.I have Dexcom sensor and that greatly improves the quality of life.If your husband were in his land they would have given him a course and had put the Abbott sensor.Ask it, but if your finances allow a sensor, it greatly improves the daily quality of life.

If after that time of about two and a half hours after a normal meal, it is high of glycemia, of course, you put the corresponding rapid insulin correction.Remember it takes around an hour to make its maximum effect and lasts about two hours.Sometimes there is some residual effect until 3h.That means that after putting a correction, without food (of course), you have to wait about two hours to see how that correction has really worked.Ah, if an insulin correction is put on and occurs to take a walk, eye, the movement multiplies the effectiveness of insulin and can easily give hypoglycemia.That means that before applying a correction you have to think that activity we are going to do later.If I am in 160 and I know I'm going to take a walk, I can't get insulin.The walk will lower glycemia.

Slow or basal insulin has always put it and at the same time.It acts very slowly, it is like a base.It helps that fast needs are more manageable.The test to know if the correct amount is put is: put the basal at the same time, measure blood glucose.Then in the morning before breakfast, measure yourself.If it is more or less with the same glucose, then it is fine.It is recommended to wait three days of errors before changing doses, both slow and fast.That is, if for three consecutive days there is plenty of insulin, then it adjusts, and you write it down.

I ceno about three hours before bedtime and I can't take anything else before bedtime.Except for hypoglycemia.Q always has next to the bed, an apple juice, the Germans like.In case of hiccups, it enters very fast.

I hope it is useful

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/20/2020 5:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, the truth is that your information is very, very valuable and you are helping me a lot.We never understood the effort, even in the ambulatory they made a lot of emphasis and I wondered, did you answer why if you do not know if sugar is high?The logical thing would be to recommend eating something before sleeping if it were with very low sugar.Anyway, we will do that test then.They argued by saying that from the time of dinner at 8 to sleep it was many hours without eating.

We will test the correction and also that of the Lantus because until now they have been correcting 26 units, to 22, then 18, then 20 but without explanation, a little random.And they never asked us to take sugar before bedtime to have an idea of ​​how much Lantus needs.

Thank you very much again

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 7:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Lantus will know if it is well regulated looking at fasting glycemia.This insulin is supposed to last 24 hours, but not everyone lasts, it lasted 20 hours.Over time you will see it if it happens.Are you paying the dose of Lantus, does it have many dosons?What blood glucose is up?
Before I go to sleep I usually look at her almost always in case I'm going down and eat something or not.If I am below 80 yes.But what works to a diabetic does not work to another.You have or have to try.In diabetes as you have already noticed 2 plus two are not four.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/20/2020 9:27 p.m.

anaisabel said:
lantus you will know if it is well regulated looking at fasting glycemia.This insulin is supposed to last 24 hours, but not everyone lasts, it lasted 20 hours.Over time you will see it if it happens.Are you paying the dose of Lantus, does it have many dosons?What blood glucose is up?
Before I go to sleep I usually look at her almost always in case I'm going down and eat something or not.If I am below 80 yes.But what works to a diabetic does not work to another.You have or have to try.In diabetes as you have already noticed 2 plus two are not four.

Hello, very kind to answer.They started with 26 of Lantus I imagine for the debut that he had in February 800 that is when we discovered that it was damabetic and almost certain for years without knowing it, then they adjusted one week to 18, another 23, they have been varying.Bajones almost never have, I may hypos 2 since February and for our failures.The problem is that if it is at 80 he shows it, he says that he sees a little whiter and a little dizzy, we do not know if it is normal or not.I guess each body is a world.And take a yogurt before sleeping (according to the hospital and the ambulatory is essential to go to go so many hours without eating) eat it but without clicking a fast unit for example.That is, we asked ourselves and if not as anything because I am 140 from sugar?But they insisted us so much that they put fear in the body but I think that eating something at 12 at night will upload the sugar.And I don't know if sugar can be measured before bedtime, a unit if it is for example to 120 and eat a yogurt and then prick the lantus.Thank you so much

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 10:25 p.m.

Today I think we would not know if the Lantus really lasts 24 hours because they told us that it is a base that neither goes up or lowers sugar ... I don't know if this is correct.In the hospital he was admitted by an operation and did not injected the lantus, no idea why

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 10:37 p.m.

elenar49 said:
today I think we would not know if the lantus really lasts 24 hours because as they told us that it is a base that neither goes up or down the sugar ... I do not know ifThis is correct.In the hospital he was admitted by an operation and did not injected the Lantus, no idea why

The lantus does not usually last 24 hours, and that is why they took out its evolution, the toujeo, which does cover 24 hours, is more stable and, in addition, produces less hypoglycemia due to stability.Request the change as soon as you can ...

As for the base, it is "correct" if the units are adequate.By this I mean that if the appropriate units for him were 20 and injected 22 (for example), then he will lower him (even if he is only a little) for the entire duration of the Lantus (that is, 24 hours. Approx.) Withoutthat is injected insulin, or exercise.On the contrary, if 18, the opposite would happen.To this add that the appropriate units are not fixed, or constant, that is, one week (or day) may need 20 of Lantus, but others may need 22, 18, 16, 24, etc.Many factors influence, I.E.Stress, exercise (in general, walking and sports), diseases, meals, etc.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 11:39 p.m.

The Lantus you have to always put it at the same time, it doesn't matter when you go to sleep and it also doesn't matter if it is before or after a meal.If it is 120 and a yogurt is hungry with few HC can be eaten and the next day the results will be seen.It is proof - error, so we learn how our body reacts.I advise you to always eat the same HC in order to better understand what happens.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/21/2020 12:06 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
elenar49 said:
today I think we would not know if the lantus really lasts 24 hours because as they told us it is a baseThat neither goes up or lower sugar ... I don't know if this is correct.In the hospital he was admitted by an operation and did not injected the Lantus, no idea why

The lantus does not usually last 24 hours, and that is why they took out its evolution, the toujeo, which does cover 24 hours, is more stable and, in addition, produces less hypoglycemia due to stability.Request the change as soon as you can ...

As for the base, it is "correct" if the units are adequate.By this I mean that if the appropriate units for him were 20 and injected 22 (for example), then he will lower him (even if he is only a little) for the entire duration of the Lantus (that is, 24 hours. Approx.) Withoutthat is injected insulin, or exercise.On the contrary, if 18, the opposite would happen.To this add that the appropriate units are not fixed, or constant, that is, one week (or day) may need 20 of Lantus, but others may need 22, 18, 16, 24, etc.Many factors influence, I.E.Stress, exercise (in general, walk and sport), diseases, meals, etc.

We have done the first test, they have advised me to do it three days in a row and point.Before going to sleep he measured and left 131 and played the resopon and took a glass of whole milk of 200 injecting a fast unit, later the lantus, always at the same time, and has risen now and on an empty stomach160 And that had a little dinner, so I suppose that the Lantus will have to increase in 2 units of moment?Thank you very much for answering

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 9:56 a.m.

anaisabel said:
the lantus you have to put it at the same time, it doesn't matter when you go to sleep and it also doesn't matter if it is before or after a meal.If it is 120 and a yogurt is hungry with few HC can be eaten and the next day the results will be seen.It is proof - error, so we learn how our body reacts.I advise you to always eat the same HC in order to better understand what happens.

Last night before sleeping it was 131 and, as I was hungry, it took a glass of 200 milk with a fast and later unit of 20 units and has woken up with 160. I suppose it will have to increase.We will do the same test tonight and so for three days, thank you very much for helping

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 9:58 a.m.

eLANAR49 said:
davidag2000 said:
elanar49 said:
elanar49 said:
today I think we would not know if the lantusIt really lasts 24 hours because as they told us that it is a base that neither goes up or down sugar ... I don't know if this is correct.In the hospital he was admitted by an operation and did not injected the Lantus, no idea why

As for the base, it is "correct" if the units are adequate.By this I mean that if the appropriate units for him were 20 and injected 22 (for example), then he will lower him (even if he is only a little) for the entire duration of the Lantus (that is, 24 hours. Approx.) Withoutthat is injected insulin, or exercise.On the contrary, if 18, the opposite would happen.To this add that the appropriate units are not fixed, or constant, that is, one week (or day) may need 20 of Lantus, but others may need 22, 18, 16, 24, etc.Many factors influence, I.E.Stress, exercise (in general, walk and sport), diseases, meals, etc.

We have done the first test, they have advised me to do it three days in a row and point.Before going to sleep he measured and left 131 and played the resopon and took a glass of whole milk of 200 injecting a fast unit, later the lantus, always at the same time, and has risen now and on an empty stomach160 And that had a little dinner, so I suppose that the Lantus will have to increase in 2 units of moment?Thank you very much for answering

160 is fine to be diabetic, while it is no more, you can keep that dose.

PS: It is not necessary to make a resopon, it would only be necessary if you have exercised during the day and presuppose that it will go down during the night or if it is low of sugar when it comes to sleep.

DavidAG2000
07/21/2020 1:09 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
elenar49 said:
davidag2000 said:
davidag2000 said:
Today I think we would not know if the lantus really lasts 24 hours because they told us that it is a base that neither goes up or lowers sugar ... I don't know if this is correct.In the hospital he was admitted by an operation and did not injected the Lantus, no idea why

PS: It is not necessary to make a respon, it would only be necessary if you exercise during the day and presuppose that it will go down during the night or if it is low of sugar when it comes to sleep.

The truth is that being at 131 before sleep I expected the same or less when he got up.Thank you

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 3:43 p.m.

elanar49 said:
davidag2000 said:
elanar49 said:
elanar49 said:
davidag2000 said:
davidag2000 said:
davidag2000 said:
davidag2000 said:

PS: It is not necessary to make a respon, it would only be necessary if you exercise during the day and presuppose that it will go down during the night or if it is low of sugar when it comes to sleep.

The truth is that being at 131 before sleep I expected the same or less when he got up.Thanks

It all depends on the amount of basal put, as I mentioned, and the Resopon, if it is done.

DavidAG2000
07/21/2020 4:48 p.m.

20 of Lantus was placed, a glass of a glass of milk with a fast unit.He has already told me that if he is above 80 he will not take Resopon

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 5:17 p.m.

elanar49 said:
was put 20 from Lantus, a glass of a glass of milk with a fast unit.He has already told me that if he is above 80 he will not take Resopon

80 The same is too fair.I usually try to leave it with 130 - 160, more or less.If not, take something so that I don't get off too much at night or something quick not to get high.

DavidAG2000
07/21/2020 5:19 p.m.

@ELENAR49

If you are a little hungry before sleeping and is stable of blood glucose, instead of a glass of milk that are very fast carbohydrates (sometimes I take it semi -stated urgency to raise glycemia and enter 15 m), you can take aLittle cheese.Without abusing because TB fat can affect you.You can also eat some nuts that satiate a lot.The TB sausage could serve but there are sausages that put sugar.I would have to look at its composition.A Serrano TB hamlet is valid.

All the best

jldiazdel
07/21/2020 5:34 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

davidag2000 said:
elenar49 said:
was put 20 from Lantus, resopone of a glass of milk of 200 with a fast unit.He has already told me that if he is above 80 he will not take Resopon

80 The same is too fair.I usually try to leave it with 130 - 160, more or less.If not, take something so that I don't get off too much at night or something quick not to get high.

If Pou Example is 150 when going to sleep without resopone, we are afraid because we are very rookie to inject a fast so as not to leave so high.We have never tried it.It will be a matter of overcoming that fear, do you see absurd if it were 150 for example and you are hungry to put a fast unit before eating for example a pear?

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 5:58 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

If you have a little hunger before sleeping and is stable of blood glucose, instead of a glass of milk that are very fast carbohydrates (sometimes I take it semi -stated urgency to raise blood glucose and enter 15 m), you can take aLittle cheese.Without abusing because TB fat can affect you.You can also eat some nuts that satiate a lot.The TB sausage could serve but there are sausages that put sugar.I would have to look at its composition.A Serrano TB hamlet is valid.

GREETING

Is that he got used to milk or yogurt, would it be absurd to take it if it is the only thing that notes that he takes away his hunger before a fast unit?And then the lantus.

He tells me that for that for dinner a little more and avoids the answer.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 6 p.m.

@ELENAR49

Ah I just agreed.Natural soybean yogurt fills a lot and if it is without flavors it has zero carbohydrates.I take it a lot.And in Spain you have fresh Burgos cheese or other similar ones, without they are better skimmed, and I think they remember that they have very little carbohydrates.You can look at the label.I think they are healthy and interesting options.

jldiazdel
07/21/2020 6 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

If you have a little hunger before sleeping and is stable of blood glucose, instead of a glass of milk that are very fast carbohydrates (sometimes I take it semi -stated urgency to raise blood glucose and enter 15 m), you can take aLittle cheese.Without abusing because TB fat can affect you.You can also eat some nuts that satiate a lot.The TB sausage could serve but there are sausages that put sugar.I would have to look at its composition.A Serrano TB hamlet is valid.

GREETING

Yes, he likes pistachios or nuts.I will comment.Thank you

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/21/2020 6:01 p.m.

eLANAR49 said:
davidag2000 said:
elanar49 said:
elanar49 said:

If Pou Example is 150 when going to sleep without resopone, we are afraid because we are very rookie to inject a fast so as not to leave so high.We have never tried it.It will be a matter of overcoming that fear, do you see absurd if it were 150 for example and you are hungry to put a fast unit before eating for example a pear?

If it is 150, it would be perfect to go to sleep without taking anything.If something is taken, the insulin corresponding to it would have to be applied.If a pear for him is a quick, yes, one would have to put a quick.

DavidAG2000
07/21/2020 6:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.