{'en': 'A little desperate', 'es': 'Un poco desesperada'} Image

A little desperate

Elenar49's profile photo   07/20/2020 12:46 a.m.

A question, abusing your kindness.This morning after breakfast, at 3 o'clock my husband wanted to know how much I took 200 ml of whole milk that he loves (I always assumed 30 or a little more) and without injected insulin.At two hours he has uploaded to 210, is it possible that he climbs so much for drinking milk?

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 2:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We measured it again and gave something else.It doesn't fit me much because the other night before going to sleep, an insulin was injected, drank 200 of milk and at two hours the same

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 2:37 p.m.

If possible

200 ml of milk are like a ration and can rise up to 60 mg.It also depends a lot on the starting point.Lactose are very fast carbohydrates.A ration of milk -type carbohydrates that a ration of vegetables is not the same.But this is very good that experiences.This is how you learn

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/02/2020 2:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

And it also influences what time a food is taken.In the morning there is usually greater insulin resistance.I need double in the morning and I put ultrarapida.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/02/2020 9:34 p.m.

Ok, thanks for the answers.A little bewildered.Forgive so much consultation.This afternoon, after making the digestion after three hours, he measured and the result was 167, so he decided to put a correction of a unit to see what went down after two hours.210. The only thing that occurs to me is that he ate a few chicken nuggets (not fried but in the oven) and it may fall short when injecting insulin because we do not count the fat.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/02/2020 11:06 p.m.

Good night
I will try to be brief
I have been with type 1 diabetes for more than 30 years and I have learned a basic thing, just as there are no 2 people there are no 2 equal diabetics.Some affect more hypos / hypercor to others, they need more HC intake, more or less with the same type of life (that is also complicated)
Insulina, when we click with syringe we mixed the insulins and only click 2 times in my case
When the bolis came out, “they sold“ this was fuck but quickly whenever intake and slow to keep the 24h.

Fast, each one must learn what units you need for the type of intake you do, Test Error test.That is and will be the method.Experience is a degree in everything.
Lantus, to me particularly, did not work for me and I had “demanding“ change to another council.This happier.
That is each and since we have to use it yes or if ... at least force us to give us something that works.
Greetings

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
08/02/2020 11:23 p.m.

ELENAR49 said:
ok, thanks for the answers.A little bewildered.Forgive so much consultation.This afternoon, after making the digestion after three hours, he measured and the result was 167, so he decided to put a correction of a unit to see what went down after two hours.210. The only thing that occurs to me is that he ate a few chicken nuggets (not fried but in the oven) and it may fall short when injecting insulin because we do not count the fat.

There are only two options:
1. Something that had fat rose to him (for example, ice cream, bun, etc.), although he had eaten it in the morning.
2. Basal insufficient (slow insulin).

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
08/02/2020 11:26 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
elenar49 said:
ok, thanks for the answers.A little bewildered.Forgive so much consultation.This afternoon, after making the digestion after three hours, he measured and the result was 167, so he decided to put a correction of a unit to see what went down after two hours.210. The only thing that occurs to me is that he ate a few chicken nuggets (not fried but in the oven) and it may fall short when injecting insulin because we do not count the fat.

There are only two options:
1. Something that had fat rose to him (for example, ice cream, bun, etc.), although he had eaten it in the morning.
2. Basal insufficient (slow insulin).

Thank you, yes ate something with fat and it is possible that the basal is little 20 units because last night he lay with 130 and has risen with 167

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/03/2020 10:14 a.m.

You will have basal adjust.But remember, one day is not valid to adjust basal.There are many factors that can affect (hormones, etc).It controls three days in a row and if you always get up higher, then you go up the basal.Some get on one and another two by two.Up to you.There is no strict rule.

jldiazdel
08/03/2020 1:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
you will have to adjust basal.But remember, one day is not valid to adjust basal.There are many factors that can affect (hormones, etc).It controls three days in a row and if you always get up higher, then you go up the basal.Some get on one and another two by two.Up to you.There is no strict rule.

Yes, tonight one or two will go up and continue testing.Thank you so much

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/03/2020 1:34 p.m.

@Elenar49 Any fed liquid (milk, juice, horchata, ..) enters very fast in blood and glymia rises very fast.On the other hand, when we are injected insulin, its action curve changes with the time of day, physical state, mood, there are no 2 equal days.
They are the famous spikes.
Everything is proof and error.The whole milk has the same HC as the fat further, and that causes glucose.I changed to soy drink.
In the morning we usually have insulin resistance, that is, we need more units than for the same rations of a meal or snack.It depends on the day, I have proven that my resistance ends at about 11:00.

With freestyle you learn a lot and not all measurements are bad.My last two sensors measure almost the same as the capillary.Faced with the doubt, always a capillary.
I am surprised what you say from deliveries in November because the sensors I asked for arrived in 4 days.I guess it is for new customers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2020 6:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@elenar49 any fed liquid (milk, juice, horchata, ..) enters very fast in blood and glymia rises very quickly.On the other hand, when we are injected insulin, its action curve changes with the time of day, physical state, mood, there are no 2 equal days.
They are the famous spikes.
Everything is proof and error.The whole milk has the same HC as the fat further, and that causes glucose.I changed to soy drink.
In the morning we usually have insulin resistance, that is, we need more units than for the same rations of a meal or snack.It depends on the day, I have proven that my resistance ends at about 11:00.

With freestyle you learn a lot and not all measurements are bad.My last two sensors measure almost the same as the capillary.Faced with the doubt, always a capillary.
I am surprised what you say from deliveries in November because the sensors I asked for arrived in 4 days.I guess it is for new customers.

Sorry was the keyboard.I meant that endocrine do not return until the end of September.

I've been reading about Freestyle 2 (Did I seem cheaper than the previous one?) The topic patches that take off.

As for the milk, it is better telling it in its case as 2 portions.Thank you so much

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/03/2020 6:45 p.m.

Well the sensors must be covered with adhesives, if you put it on your arm, the door effect takes them.The adhesive sticks well, sometimes too much.
Free 2 is activated with the mobile and you can put alarms (I take them away because they go crazy).Each sensor is 60eur x 14 days.You can ask for 2 units until you prescribe and try it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2020 6:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
well the sensors must be covered with adhesives, if you put it on your arm, the door effect takes them.The adhesive sticks well, sometimes too much.
Free 2 is activated with the mobile and you can put alarms (I take them away because they go crazy).Each sensor is 60eur x 14 days.You can ask for 2 units until you prescribe and try it.

Thanks, we have not asked for it but we are in it

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/09/2020 10:35 a.m.

I have another doubt that is happening since it is diabetic.I already told you that the endocrine of the hospital no longer serve him (they actually attended him without much effort) and they have passed it to the ambulatory and the endocrine does not appoint until the end of September and it is not even appointment, it is an analysis.We are thinking of denouncing patient attention because there was neither a workshop or when they had a hyper they did not respond to WhatsApp and we have been pulling 061 calls and it is not a plan.

What happens to see if I know how to explain it, is that after breakfast (important to emphasIt is very thin) and after half an hour laziness note, as an insecurity when walking.Today out of curiosity (I know you don't have to do) the sugar was measured at breakfast and marked 130) on an empty stomach 160).It only passes after breakfast, in meals and dinners.What do you think may be due?Maybe it is better not to inject so much insulin in the morning, in this case 5?It is that another thing that repeats a lot is that it gives you the feeling that the higher the sugar is between 150 to 180 the better and when it is for example between 90 and 130 it is weak.When we asked this months ago in the ambulatory a doctor told us, and since I don't know and it sounded strange to me, that "insulin ate food."Something like that.Thank you so much.Maybe being years without knowing that it was diabetic with the very high sugar is difficult now to accustom the body to normal levels but I do not know.According to endocrine when they called to control sugar months ago, it had been perfect.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/09/2020 10:42 a.m.

And I add that this is important that we have seen the controls of this last week and perfectly coincides that at 2 hours of breakfast, for example to 100 and that is when he is very weak and tired, it is as if in the morning he needed less insulin orDo not count for example milk, I don't know how you see it.I know that some of you told me that it is the other way around, that in the morning there is more resistance

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
08/09/2020 11:25 a.m.

If at two hours of breakfast it is over 100 is that the correct insulin has been administered for the HC you have eaten.You don't have to eat less or eat more with that dose.
The weakness I have no idea what it can be, it has never happened to me.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/09/2020 5:08 p.m.

elanar49 said:
and add that this is important that we have seen the controls of this last week and perfectly coincides that at 2 hours of breakfast low for example to 100 and that is when he is very weakAnd tired, it is as if in the morning he needed less insulin or should not count for example milk, I don't know how you see it.I already know that some of you told me that it is the other way around, that in the morning there is more resistance

100 After two hours of breakfast is pretty good.Very well actually.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
08/09/2020 5:51 p.m.

I also see the values ​​that you have after breakfast.I wouldn't touch that, really.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/09/2020 10:06 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Maybe he got used to being somewhat high and now notes the difference after breakfast.But as they say they are around 100 is ideal.The laziness has nothing to see.I would try to change breakfast.Let's see if there is something that does not digest well in the morning.
I would start to remove milk.In case I had lactose intolerance.Another alternative is gluten intolerance.Then you have to change the bread.But I imagine that it takes bread in meals and dinners.

All the best

jldiazdel
08/10/2020 6:31 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.