{'en': 'Problems with free freeyle sensors 2', 'es': 'Problemas con los sensores FreeStyle Libre 2'} Image

Problems with free freeyle sensors 2

rda1960's profile photo   04/05/2020 11:30 a.m.

I am user of free freeyle sensors since November 2018, during this time I have been using the sensors almost normally, except for a couple of sensors that gave some kind of failure and that Abbott immediately resolved me satisfactorily.

Another different thing is what is happening to me with free freestyle sensors 2, just put them on sale 4, I was looking forward to trying the alarms, since at night I have some hypoglycemia.

The first of the sensors had to remove after one day, I continually startled me with alarms of hypoglycemia and yet when taking the blood shot it was in normal values.

The second sensor began with difficulties to start, at the time I asked me to scan after ten minutes and so repeatedly, when it was finally launched, repeat the failures of the previous one.

In this half time contact with Abbott and after requesting a lot of data and records they indicate that they send me a replacement, which I appreciate, although that is not the solution because for what I read this is happening to many more people.

At the moment I have placed a third that is giving me the same problems, this night jumps at least 3 times and once proven in blood, false alarm.

This morning, the sensor made me a reading of 80 mg/dl and in blood 95 mg/dl, that means that being well in the blood, it lowers the alarm in the sensor.

To all this the alarm of signal loss I had to deactivate, shortly after you get away from the phone to jump and ask you to scan, unless you take the phone in your bag it is easy for you to happen.

In summary, I went from being happy with the sensors to being considered changing system.

Greetings,

rda1960's profile photo
rda1960
04/05/2020 11:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@RDA1960

It is a task the truth.Maybe you can simply disconnect the phone or the reader to be able to sleep.Although that really is not ideal!To me a Dexcom sensor did the same one night and turned off my mobile.It has only happened to me once and in general they work very well.

I hope Abbott's sensors give you less problems

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/05/2020 2:51 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

rda1960 said:
I am a user of free freestyle sensors since November 2018, during this time I have been using the sensors almost with total normality, except for a couple of sensors that gave some kind of failure and thatAbbott immediately resolved satisfactorily.
Another different thing is what is happening to me with free freestyle sensors 2, as soon as I put them on sale PEDI 4, I was looking forward to trying the alarms, since at night I have some hypoglycemia.
The first of the sensors had to remove it after one day, I continually startled me with alarms of hypoglycemia and yet when taking the blood shot it was in normal values.
The second sensor began with difficulties to start, at the time I was asked to scan after ten minutes and so repeatedly, when it finally launched, repeat the failures of the previous one.
In this half time contact with Abbott and after requesting a lot of data and records they indicate that they send me a replacement, which I appreciate, although that is not the solution because for what I read this is happening to many more people.
At the moment I have placed a third that is giving me the same problems, this night jumps at least 3 times and once proven in blood, false alarm.This morning on an empty stomach, the sensor made a reading of 80 mg/dl and in blood 95 mg/dl, that means that being well in the blood shortly that the alarm triggers the sensor.
To all this the alarm of signal loss I had to deactivate, little by that you move away from the phone to jump and ask you to scan, unless you carry the phone in your bag it is easy to happen.
Summarizing, go by being happy with the sensors to being proposed to change the system.

I am selling several free freestyle sensors 1, in case you are interested.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/07/2020 1:56 p.m.

You can't disable alarms?
I have 4 without using because I still have free 1, but I don't want the alarms

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/09/2020 10:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Alarms can be disabled, but disabled advances tending to improve control does not seem to me the solution

rda1960's profile photo
rda1960
04/09/2020 11:12 a.m.

@Ruthbia yes you can, I am not using them right now, I have started the sensors with the normal reader and although it is updated it tells me that the alarms are not compatible by the is old and automatically no longer there are no alarms either the reader or inThe mobile.If you act with the mobile directly, yes, but if you first act with the usual reader, no.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/09/2020 11:27 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@RDA1960 is an unnecessary improvement on a low reliability product.The fault rate that very high to set the data without making a capillary.
I have read several saying that it pit continuously and the values ​​are not reliable.That is why I want to continue with free 1.
@nigiri Abbott's told me that the glucometer must be updated, but you have to have a SW version 2. Something.1.xxx do not serve for free 2.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/10/2020 11:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Another of the problems that the system has in my opinion is that once you call to communicate an incidence they can be riddled with questions and in the best case they replace the sensor.However, they never give you a solution that improves the use of the sensor, they do not even tell you the real problems that the sensor is having.
Let's not forget that we are talking about the health of their clients, who deserve to have knowledge of everything that happens with the sensor and not only serve as a guinea pig.

rda1960's profile photo
rda1960
04/10/2020 11:37 a.m.

I am selling several free freestyle 1 and I am curious to try the free freestyle 2, since my Social Security Center probably does not give them to me until the past summer (they just given me a new batch and they are all free freeyle 1) and I also haveDesire to do some computer tests with them.If someone is interested, I would be willing to change my free freestyle 1, in exchange for free freestyle 2. If so, that it sends me private.

DavidAG2000
04/10/2020 11:39 a.m.

You can buy them on the Abbott website.They have the same price as free 1 and they are delivering them in time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/10/2020 11:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
you can buy them on the Abbott website.They have the same price as free 1 and they are delivering them in time.

I know, but as you will understand, I am not interested in buying them when I give me free free freestyle 1. If you prefer free freestyle 1, at any time we can make an exchange.

DavidAG2000
04/10/2020 12:22 p.m.

@Davidag2000 are you given social security and you sell them?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/10/2020 6:16 p.m.

nigiri said:
@davidag2000 Does Social Security give them to you and you sell them?

I bought some extra, just in case.

DavidAG2000
04/10/2020 6:18 p.m.

@Ruthbia The updated reader makes me the right readings but the alarms do not work, it must be for what you say about the SW that I do not know if you will refer to the software so I am working as if I had a sensor of the old ones.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/10/2020 6:18 p.m.

Well, the alarms are going well for me, at least for now, I will not say it very high, I have to get under 60 precisely because of that, because if I put it in 70 only that I vary in 10 with the capillary I alreadyPita, so I give a little margin, think that the same glucometer can also have that variability, I have the two of the 2, when he has been at night, marked me 60 and in the capillary they were 58 or 65.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/10/2020 11:01 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
I am selling several free freestyle 1 and I am curious to try the free freestyle 2, since my Social Security Center probably does not give them to me until past summer (they just given meA new batch and all are free freeyle 1) and I also want to do computer tests with them.If someone is interested, I would be willing to change my free freestyle 1, in exchange for free freestyle 2. If so, send me private.

But with Freestyle 1 reader you can't read the 2, and with the mobile I don't know

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/12/2020 10:36 a.m.

If with the reader you can read the two, the only thing that does not activate the alarms, so that the alarms are activated you have to activate with the mobile phone and in that case the reader does not work, you have to choose one or the other.

rda1960's profile photo
rda1960
04/12/2020 10:56 a.m.

With the reader you can read the free 2He says you've already started with another device and it doesn't use you.Of course, what they have told you, that with the reader you cannot activate the alarms.This is because you imagine that you do not have a mobile compatible with the 2 and you cannot read with your mobile, because you have the reader even without alarms, since there are currently no sensors of the 1, they are all of the 2.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 1:07 p.m.

I have seen that Abbott no longer sells readers in the starting kit.You have to look for it explicitly on the web.
Promote free 2 with your mobile.
I still have a free 1 and the position that ends in 3 days.

Readers will disappear for free and only sell for capillaries.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/13/2020 11:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I know several people who carry the free1 with Miaomiao and they are doing well but when using it with the free2, the XDrip app is leaving, they use tomato and also gives them constant errors of Bluetooth.Something tells me that Abbott has caught its use to external gadgets, in addition, you need a mobile with NFC if you have no reader.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
04/13/2020 1:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.