{'en': 'Problems with free freeyle sensors 2', 'es': 'Problemas con los sensores FreeStyle Libre 2'} Image

Problems with free freeyle sensors 2

rda1960's profile photo   04/05/2020 11:30 a.m.

macarron_con_diabetes said:
I know several people who carry the free1 with myomiao and do well but when using it with the free2, the XDRip app does not go, use tomato and also give them constant mistakesBluetooth.Something tells me that Abbott has caught its use to external gadgets, in addition, that you need a mobile with NFC if you have no reader.

Macarron, in theory and according to the manufacturer Miaomiao2 if he caught it.I used it so far with Free1.For 2 use xDrip directly with the patch free app and I have not tried myomiao2

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/15/2020 10:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good to all,

I enter here because I have been fed up with the wait by the SS al Free 2.

Change is a true past but as you say there are lights and shadows.

I am with the 3rd sensor and he just "pect" right now.7 days they had left and after a beep on the signal loss mobile and subsequent reading requirement ... He has told me "Sensor exhausted" so I will call and see what they tell me.

I also tell you for what I have read.
-Yo use APP Mobile, I have an Xiaomi Redmi Note 8Pro

Alarms can be disabled and configured both the hyper and hypo.

On the other hand, the alarms initially worked for me and spoke with Abbott several times until in the end they passed them and seeing where the shots went I decided to fix myself.

The case in case it happens to you is that by a lot of Bluetooth that you activate and others, you have to give all the permits and for having the mobile app to detect everything.If someone has problems and wants me to help you have no problems hehe.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/15/2020 11:34 p.m.

Marine, yes, something similar happened to me too, I also have a Xaomi Lite I don't know what.I didn't go the alarms and after much changing and reading the man's manual to a tail, I left it impossible and called Abbot, they wondered everything and I had already seen all that, the mobile was compatible, the app wasUpdated, remove the mode do not bother, give all the permits etc ... not even the girl who gotI passed them.The next day of this call, I bichear again and in notifications I saw a button that was to activate sound and not vibration, I gave it to him, I do not think it is for this but I will try.And then it sounded to me !!, anyway I already had another new sensor in a few days, but sometimes, according to the mobile, it is a bit straight, yes.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 12:15 p.m.

It is seen that the app is green ... and the feeling it gives me is that they do things a bit without trying ...

This morning I have called you for the sensor that has failed and they have told me directly that they will send me a replacement and a return kit that I must deliver in emails when I can.

Another of the things I have seen testing it is that the trend arrow is a mess ... I did evidence with them and it does not go as you have to go.

If in 10min more than 20mg/dl p.e the arrow should indicate a diagonal climb and do it but nevertheless if it does the same in a descent, the arrow tells me stable for which it generates a lot of insecurity.

These meters are supposed to be constantly collecting and what we do when reading with APP or reader is to dump that info, I do not understand how an algorithm as simple as that is not done well.

I give you the example ...

breakfast and be in 140 step to 180, 200, 230 .... How can I have ascending arrows that will be well and then go from 130 to 105 in 10min and indicate the arrow "->" stability?

marine's profile photo
marine
04/16/2020 1:24 p.m.

@marine I assure you that manufacturers spend a lot of time in the tests before putting anything on sale.Another thing is that the post -sale service is not up to it, but that happens in the great majority of the brands.It is true that without some notions of informatics it is difficult for you to configure an app and that without having read enough about interstitial glucose sensors you know adequately interpret the results.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/16/2020 8:28 p.m.

etoogonza said:
macarron_con_diabetes said:
I know several people who carry the free1 with myomiao and do well but when using it with the free2, the App XDripThey are not doing, they use tomato and also gives them constant Bluetooth errors.Something tells me that Abbott has caught its use to external gadgets, in addition, that you need a mobile with NFC if you have no reader.

Macarron, in theory and according to the manufacturer Miaomiao2 if he caught it.I used it so far with Free1.For 2 use xDrip directly with the patch free app and I have not tried myomiao2

Hello, I just learned that Miao Miao does not work with XDrip if you have free 2 as you say here and another person has confirmed it to me, that the only way is with the patching app, my next sensor is free 2 already, andI have always used Miao Miao 1 with XDrip and now I don't know how to do it, can you explain how the Patched App and if it really is doing well?Thank you very much, I am lost and I do not know anyone who is using the appthlated app with XDRIP.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
04/16/2020 9 p.m.

etoogonza said:
@marine I assure you that manufacturers spend a lot of time in the tests before putting anything on sale.Another thing is that the post -sale service is not up to it, but that happens in the great majority of the brands.It is true that without some notions of informatics it is difficult for you to configure an app and that without having read enough about interstitial glucose sensors you know adequately interpret the results.

Well, I inform you that I am an informatical so I think that the subject is not going there, rather I look at the user who has no knowledge and has to do with that problematic, so that the development of applications is what he owes or should notMake an app.

On the other hand and looking at Abbott's own video tutorial and even speaking with the SAT, I don't know anything and verify me that effectively if ...

Glucose increases in a range of 1 to 2 mg/dl per minute, that is, from 10 to 20mg/dl in 10min that should vary the trend arrow, and you will tell me ... if it lowers me from 130 to 105 in10min and the arrow does not change what kind of tests this laboratory has done for this product.

.... And you just have to see the number of sensors that fail and are returned ... this is also to do tests?At the moment I have used 3 and one is already for substitution.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/16/2020 10:17 p.m.

I, two returned.
I do not understand why in other countries they took a specific reader and here they are liating people with activating them in one way or another, it gives rise to many mistakes.

rda1960's profile photo
rda1960
04/16/2020 11:29 p.m.

I think it is appropriate to tell you my experience for which you may be interested and you can help you download your frustration a bit.I only intend to shed a little light on such a deal in the RRSS and on the other hand, so unfortunately clarified by doctors, which is the correct use of inserty sensors.The RRSS have a problem in my opinion.And everyone thinks.It doesn't matter if you know or not.Have enough experience or no.No one mentions the sources of information, much less think about the consequences that something can have in a place that is public.For me it is of a degree of selfishness only matched by ignorance.And they are the groups of people who, believing together what others publish based on their own conclusions, give them voice replicating their same opinions and making others believe that this is truthful and proven information.It makes me angry every time I read someone to give birth to a product or brand and I think that since I one day they read that kind of comments and made them feel a bit lost and helpless ...

We start.My DT has 12 years of evolution.I started capillaries only before and after lunch.At dinner and at breakfast I decided to see my readings (before the lack of interest on the part of my endocrine) that did not need insulin.Most of the time I was "within the rank", it didn't matter what to eat and put the same amount of rapid insulin, which in my case was 1 unit.I think I had a pronounced and long "honeymoon", but I will never know if I had any of the other DT varieties that I have read there.The corrections were made "blind", because I did not know that they were the ratio or the FSI, and most of the time they ended up in Hicm, which also recovered blindly ... In addition, it had strong symptoms before a hiccUploaded to me that I got out of the range, which made me live with some peace of mind within my ignorance.

It was then (after about 6 years of DT) when I launched to try the free.At first (as I imagine, many of you have happened to you) that was enlightening and at the same time worrying to see the controls.What I had always believed that they were stable and maintained glycemia after 2 h post food became curves that, then, seemed to be nonsense (uploads and descents outside of meals, periods in and HI maintained, etc.).In addition, sometimes, when you made a capillary, the readings did not look like those of the sensor, with variations of up to 50 mg/dl after eating.I was frustrated not knowing if the culprit was me, the sensor, or a combination of bad luck.Of course, I realized that my DT was not as controlled as I supposed and that I had to pay more attention.On the other hand, at that time I realized that the Lantus insulin fell "short" and did not get well to dinner, which would have been difficult to detect only hair.

But I still had the hope that everything was a "lie" caused by the little reliability of the sensor readings and thus I began to participate in groups of FB users and read other people's experiences looking for the advice that the assumptions gave "experts ".Well, the vast majority (except for exceptions) said that the sensor readings were not only reliable but could only serve as a guide to complement (and never replace) to a blood glucose meter, that is, it served forSee trends and little else.For a long time I really believed that this was like that and I went on to use the sensor in that way, giving little importance to what the readings told me.In fact, even today I keep seeing professionals to affirm this.On the one hand, this reassures you to see that there are more people than themIt happens the same as you, but at the same time it is a stick, seeing that you feel helpless with time, effort and money invested in a help that is not what you expected.You feel that you will be the same as before, blind, enslaved and making hidden capillaries (at least in my case) for the corners.

Many times, altered largely by the comments of these people, I have paid my frustration with the sensor with the people around me.I also called Abbott several times.In those calls they tried to explain in a good way, without going into technicalities, how the sensor worked and the reason for those deviations in the readings.Ignoring, and again moved by the wonderful recommendations of the forums, always sought to replace the sensor and try again luck with a new one.Many times, the first days with a new sensor seemed that this was the key and everything seemed to make sense.And my frustration went down, I began to feel better with myself, but not for long ... again some influence factor intervened in the DT (I ate some food with more HC, varied my level of stress or practiced a physical activity more or lessintense) and that fell apart.The faults were of course again for the sensor (as he had learned in the forums) and the nightmare began.I saw how time passed and used more and more effort trying to convince me that someone would arrive with the magical wand and give me the solution to the problem.On the contrary, there were more and more people asking lost, desperate and frustrated with the subject like me.And the answers were the same as always ...

Since that has spent time and fortunately, I left those circles.I attended talks about technology in DT.I read articles on interstitial glucose measurement written by people who are based on studies, how it really works.I realized that in the periods in which insulin takes effect or when you practice exercise it is important to know how to interpret curves and delays in sensor readings.This completely changed my way of interpreting values ​​and trends and automatically changed my decision making for treatment.The control of my diabetes would improve a lot, and therefore my level of stress, but I still have some issues to be resolved.One of the pending issues was that of the imprecision of the readings when you are a little higher or a little lower than the account and therefore the need to have to verify those readings making a capillary.

The other theme arises as my diabetes has become increasingly rebellious.The honeymoon vanished, I was no longer worth the methods that I used and the thing began to get serious.I no longer had symptoms from hypoglycemia and my body did not differentiate a mild rise from hyperglycemia.I had to learn to calculate ratios, FSI, adjust insulin doses and count HC on my own.And I was not at all in the controls.But one thing that burst me is not having a notion of my control until the reader passed by my arm.That meant that at any time I could be having a hiccup or hyper without realizing it.But not only that, but I could be tending to hip or hyper and not being doing anything to remedy it.One more stage of frustration began in which I felt the need to spend the reader all the time.I began to get very nervous if I saw that I had an ascending or descending trend.I also got nervous if I spent time without taking a reading (as in work, for example, or going running).

It was then when I decided to look for information to turn the free into a continuous meter using a transmitter, because I had read several influential people who used it with good results.

UntilNow he had ruled out that option for 2 reasons.One was that it seemed uncomfortable, since the sensor itself is already for me and carrying something more bulky on top of it, in addition to increasing the chances of getting hooked.In the course of myself, a sensor has never taken off without being motivated by a blow.

The other reason is the measurement system that uses Miaomiao: it receives the raw values ​​of the sensor and then uses a calibration line to give "sense" to those values.There is no ABBott algorithm there...

I decided to try the XDrip app and returned to the FB groups to inform me.Unfortunately, the situation with the users was the same as with the free ... people complaining desperate for not knowing how to configure the application to obtain readings and throwing all the faults the system that acts as a transnmior ...

My experience is that I did myomiao2 official with XDRIP, not without giving me several batacazos with the application caused by an excess of desire to obtain at all costs the readings, again very conditioned by what I had read in the comments of the people.In the end Miaomiao is a good product, if you let him do leaving him the time he needs to work.I got a smartwatch with Wear OS and managed to have the readings on the clock autonomously and independent of the mobile phone.

I began to carry out calibrations and understand how they influence the readings (paradoxically in my profession I dedicate myself to something related to this).I saw that they could mean greatly improving the accuracy of the sensor (until they dispense with capillaries) or ending up having a system that harms you in your control rather than helping you.It is extremely important to know how to make calibrations correctly if you want to have a minimally reliable reading.Today I think it is the great defect of this system and the one that causes you, for example, that the first day of use of a sensor increases the degree of stress until you do not have a decent calibration.

And then the free2 arrived and by magic, the need for a transmitter and calibrations disappeared ... but I leave this for another day I want to write it and I give you a break to reconsider.

During all this time, based on peeling with this system and therefore with my illness and with moments of great frustration, I have gone little by little knowing what are the weaknesses that this measurement system has and how it behaves in each of thesesituations (showers, posture changes in bed and sofa, temperature changes, etc).And I have to say that in my case, we have made the sensor and me peace.Today we have a system that is capable of matching the hair measurements in blood with all that it entails.I just hope that the industry will soon market what is already a reality at the technical level.

Thank you, a greeting.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/19/2020 4:32 p.m.

@TOGONZA

I don't know what are the RRSS!But I liked the story of your experience with Abbott.

With Dexcom in a couple of calibrations that you can do in its app directly (it is prepared for it) the sensor works perfectly.And I used ABBOTT before.I do not know how to free2 but the previous one worked very badly compared to DG6.

But I understand that Dexcom is very expensive and it is very unfortunate that the social according to it does not subsidize it.

In any case you drive yourself very well with Abbott's and that is in the end what matters.Your diabetes control

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/19/2020 5:37 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@etoogonza

I don't know what are the RRSS!But I liked the story of your experience with Abbott.

With Dexcom in a couple of calibrations that you can do in its app directly (it is prepared for it) the sensor works perfectly.And I used ABBOTT before.I do not know how to free2 but the previous one worked very badly compared to DG6.

But I understand that Dexcom is very expensive and it is very unfortunate that the social according to it does not subsidize it.

In any case you drive yourself very well with Abbott's and that is in the end what matters.Your diabetes control

All the best

I referred to social networks.All the best.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/19/2020 7:25 p.m.

Ok!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/19/2020 8 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have the 2, and the truth is that when the alarms sound to me by hip (I have only activated those because they are the ones that interest me), less if there is a lot of instability or it is the first day, it coincides quite a lot with the capillary measurement.I have it on 60 the limit because for me 70 is quite normal and also if there is a difference, I give it margin, I am well, I want to say that I find out what is happening, even with 40, and I am calm ofThat I let me know when I get to 60 so that it does not go down anymore, that has meant for me a huge advantage because I have come to have very fat and sleeping hypos, and my partner had realized by chance because I did strange things or said stupidities, having 25And 30, a lot of fear, that's why the alarms of hip for me are vital.Yesterday when I went to bed, for example, I marked the Free 58 and capillary 55, that is, well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/19/2020 9:08 p.m.

@TOGOGONZA totally identified.I have had a very parallel experience.I started with the Free.I frustrate its results and its price and went to the Dexcom G5 "APPEARS" to get better results and at half price compared to Free.I was financed by Free and gave him a second chance.With the experience and knowledge acquired I managed to make it work quite decently despite their weaknesses and always with XDRIP.And I have come to use it next to the pump and Androidaps.But I have traveled a path of study, work, frustration at times and not cease in the effort of optimal control and a life without any limitation

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
04/20/2020 10:32 a.m.

guys and now a question ... since I hear so much xDrip ...

I use the ABBOT app for readings ... XDrip is a parallel alternative?or link it with one or another app

marine's profile photo
marine
04/20/2020 5:43 p.m.

@Marine The XDrip application in the case of Free 1 is used to together with Miau Miau convert the free into a continuous meter and be able to calibrate it.It uses different algorithm than the officer, but it must be taken into account that for example it does not take into account temperature differences in the sensor etc.As everything has pros and cons.In my particular case, it works better than the officer.

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
04/21/2020 9:17 a.m.

marine said:
boys and now a question ... since I listen so much xDrip ...

I use the ABBOT app for readings ... XDrip is a parallel alternative?or link it with one or another app

Xdrip is an app that you can use in parallel.The difference, as you have told you, is that you can take advantage of the Bluetooth capacity (either with an external transmitter, such as myomiao, or the sensor itself in the case of free2) to record the readings continuously without the need to scan the sensorWith the NFC.In my particular case I use LibreLink for endocrine reports and for my control I use xDrip.The precision of one and the other depends a lot on whether you know how to calibrate or not.In my opinion, calibrating is not simple and is not available to anyone.All the best.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
04/22/2020 9:12 p.m.

@TOGONZA I think your experience has been passed by many of us.With the sensor, despite its little reliability, we have all improved the control of blood glucose, but the only true value is a blood test, not even the capillaries are the "reality."

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/23/2020 9:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Regarding what is said here (use-2 with the XDRIP application) it works linked for example with myoomiao2-mm2, but it is necessary to apparently update the mm2 firmware as it is said here: Link
--------------------------------------
If you use the free sensor2, you can use the XDRIP+/Tomato applications.You can find the updated APK firmware for myomiao1/2 free1/2 es: https: //drive.google.com/open? Id = 1tz6z1g7bjz5qd1heeox79mt-kzlubjws
If you want to update or degrade your firmware, download and install this APK on any Android phone and select your myomiao model to finish the process.
If you use US-days sensors, you should update your firmware version of Miaomiao2 to 7. APK to update your myomiao2: Link instructions: Link
--------------------------------

Another thing: I am thinking of buying a mobile with NFC so as not to have to use mm2 with the free-2.I have the indications of how to patch freeLink here

Link

I have tried under Windows-7 64bit and it has been impossible for me.I am stuck in the patching passage.I am not even in the Windows command line or using the second method with git.

Did any of you manage to do it?You can only with version 2.3, not with 2.4.

If anyone did, please send me a private message.I will appreciate it

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/27/2020 6:54 p.m.

mloureiro said:
regarding what was said (use free-2 with the xDrip application) works linked for example with myomiao2-mm2, but it is necessary to apparently update the firmware of mm2 according toSay here: Link
--------------------------------------
If you use the free sensor2, you can use the XDRIP+/Tomato applications.You can find the updated APK firmware for myomiao1/2 free1/2 es: https: //drive.google.com/open? Id = 1tz6z1g7bjz5qd1heeox79mt-kzlubjws
If you want to update or degrade your firmware, download and install this APK on any Android phone and select your myomiao model to finish the process.
If you use US-days sensors, you should update your firmware version of Miaomiao2 to 7. APK to update your myomiao2: Link instructions: Link
--------------------------------

Another thing: I am thinking of buying a mobile with NFC so as not to have to use mm2 with the free-2.I have the indications of how to patch freeLink here

Link

I have tried under Windows-7 64bit and it has been impossible for me.I am stuck in the patching passage.I am not even in the Windows command line or using the second method with git.

Did any of you manage to do it?You can only with version 2.3, not with 2.4.

If anyone did, please send me a private message.I will appreciate it

The first recommendation that could give you is that you update Windows 10, which can currently be done for free from the official Microsoft website, since they no longer support Windows 7 and, therefore, it is a vulnerable operating system.From there, you could try to use the improved tools that this system gives you.

All the best.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/27/2020 11:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.