{'en': 'The "advantages" of suffering diabetes', 'es': 'Las "ventajas" de padecer diabetes'} Image

The "advantages" of suffering diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/24/2019 5:11 p.m.

The title is for "" metaphoric "" purposes since unfortunately suffering this disease has little or almost none to say something.

Many people are diagnosed with diabetes in a routine analysis and from there it changes your life completely.

There is a disease that affects some people as a food intolerance to seafood, that is, they are allergic, because nothing, with not eating it, is already solved and you lead a completely normal life, I mean you can eat other things, sleep well, and do sports for example.

That you feel like the fruit cannot, hydrates that practically have all food, it can cause you damages, you like exercise creates problems since it usually gets off very fast depending on the type of exercise, when sleeping because badly for suffering hypoglycemia,Or hyperglycemia, and to all that fight with the dream, of course, mgc you have to pay you with the consequent economic damage, if you use the strips you crush your fingers, since it is advisable to be well controlled, and above you are lucky not to sufferNo complication and let's not say that when using insulin that is a hormone, it retouches your endocrine system and involves weight gain, etc.

Where is the advantage?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/24/2019 5:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I before having the nomera dubetes capable of running a half marathon.Since I have our sweet companion, I have become accustomed to exercise and I feel healthier than many friends of my age.

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
02/24/2019 5:27 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Although it has many more inconvenience than advantages, I have found a rather noticeable.And, with this disease, great knowledge about what we eat, especially, carbohydrates, sugars of each food, etc.

On the street you will see many obese people, or people who have problems (and some serious) derived from food and are people who do not give them the importance of what he eats, and that is where we can get the most out.Apart from knowing much better than any other person how glucose fluctuations work generally and their causes, of course.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/24/2019 10:06 p.m.

Let's not be Flanders, it has no advantage, like the vast majority of diseases, so they are called diseases.

What you have, as you say is many inconveniences that only those who suffer from it know and are probably one of the most difficult to control and that you fuck you daily life in all aspects.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/25/2019 2:47 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If someone wants it, I give it to someone who doesn't have it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/25/2019 8:29 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Before having diabetes, I was trying to eat more or less well and do sports since I have reason, so for that part, no advantage, everything after the diagnosis inconvenient, many and all colors ...

Totally agree with @jconegar and @sherpa41

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/25/2019 10:02 a.m.

As soon as I saw this thread I remembered another who created Nachhetee.When I remember it, he always takes a smile.I quote your post:
"Hello,
Today they have called me on the phone to offer me medical insurance, I have told them that it was diabetic, they have hung and I have been able to continue doing my things.
Saint's hand, hey !! "

Apart from this "advantage", this disease brings nothing good.Another thing is that each one will grip what they can to continue floating and there everything is valid.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
02/25/2019 10:33 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I do not see any.Although I try not to see it as a conviction or the worst that has happened to me in life because it really does not seem to me to be the worst.If you get just in that it is shit and a sentence you will be bitter all day and I do not want to live bitter either for that or for anything.I try to see it from an optimistic point of view, but obviously if I could get rid of it.
In my case it has changed me better in the sense that now as much better, I exercise more, etc.If I didn't have diabetes, I would never have reached this.Due to the disease one day I decided to learn from nutrition and since then I have read everything and I know how to eat really healthy.The same if I did not have the disease I would never have learned all that and continue eating worse than now thinking that I was doing well.But it is something that I will never know.I still see it as something positive that the disease does not see anything positive.But the same if I have won in long -term health and quality of life thanks to the disease and in another way I would not have done so.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/25/2019 2:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Gift Diabetes, does not hurt and makes you sweet !!!

There I leave it

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2019 10:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I can't find anything, but nothing positive to have this disease. Having it is a m.He does not give me anything or teaches me anything.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/26/2019 11:25 p.m.

I sincerely have changed my life totally but I could also have changed without having diabetes, which now I do background tests?Well, perhaps I would also have done it without having diabetes even before, that now I understand more nutrition and why could I have not done it without having diabetes?
I respect all the opinions but I do not see any advantage for having diabetes and I can "fight" as the first, but the sincerity ahead, and let's not say what the potatoes that would surely be changed and cannot, do not have a fatal, do they have a fatal,Advantages Diabetes?What happens that the marathon champions if they had diabetes would have fed better.

I think that good baseball diabetes and you don't have to have diabetes or take care of more or anything, it is as if a person who has suffered a heart attack says "now I look more at the pulsations when doing sports."

Sometimes I have heard when he says "now I take care of me" or "I do not dislike having diabetes" is a matter of attitude or aptitude, I still don't know which of the two they say why neither one nor the other.

Let's not say the greatest economic expense that we have if we want to go well controlled.The Eversese MCG I think it was € 3700 or € 3600 per year, I do not remember well, dexcom G6 € 3000 annual officials less bad that can be stretched and doing a thousand things so that the price is drastically reduced, literate € 2904 officers because although they canStretch sensors must be continued for the subscription for the transmitters, is this happiness for having diabetes?Cheap insulins, more reviews, thousands of more expenses.

That does not mean that we can fight and try to lead a life as well as possible and that diabetes does not stop at all, that we can with everything, that if, with much more effort than other people who do not have diabetes.Diabetes does not stop us but it is not the same.

You never stop fighting, we have diabetes, it's true, but if we fight and take care of each other, nothing has to happen.That nobody steals your dreams and dreaming of dreams so that if he wakes up from the first dream to continue dreaming and being able to dream again.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/27/2019 11:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

As much as I think about it, I don't see any advantage to have diabetes.
He doesn't give me anything good and he doesn't give me any happiness.
Eating healthy can eat without having diabetes.
Exercise can be exercised without having diabetes.
Having carbohydrates can also be counted without diabetes.
Click you can click without having diabetes, yes, be careful if you punish insulin because it can be counterproductive.
Go to the doctor every 2x3, I don't know if someone likes it, but of course not.
And let's not say having to ask for material from health centers, that is how to do it.
Continuous glucose meters are the most of the latest technology, but come on, there are more interesting technologies than that.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
02/27/2019 3:26 p.m.

Ojiplàtica .....: o.
Yes, everything is "advantages", but I would have liked to not be so outstanding .....

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/27/2019 10:25 p.m.

Hello good!

Well few advantages, but I remember my years of school, when I didn't feel like doing gymnastics, I told the teacher that I was a bit decompensated and could not exercise hahahaha.

Once again, I have left Peyas, saying that I was wrong and I had gone home (that's only when I was in school) today I have not "used" diabetes as an excuse, but I also consider that neitherWe have to make dramas of all this, could we live better without it?Of course, but it is what there is, so it is best to assume it and point, it will accompany us until the end of the times, we want or not.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
02/28/2019 4:48 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Hello Antonimar.
You are right about what you say, but I do not agree with you at all.
The problem of diabetes in general, is having been poorly treated for a long time.Because that has consequences.But a newly diagnosed diabetic if you take care of and learn to carry the disease, it can have a good quality of life, in fact it had a diabetic aunt that reached 100 years.Being diabetic we take care of each other, with respect to the diet and physically with the exercise.Therefore, we can have a better quality of life.
Regarding the sensors, the SS is facilitating without any additional cost in many autonomous communities.And insulin bombs too.I do not mean that it is easy, but with today's technology, it becomes more bearable.
And regarding food, we can eat practically everything, you just have to know how to count hydrates.Many animos to all partners and never throw the towel.We are brave !!!

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
02/28/2019 9:09 p.m.

What a wonder it seems that for some people the diabetic is a pride !!And that nobody feels offended, greetings, is a p.Chronic and worst disease The silent murderer call him .....

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/03/2019 10:51 a.m.

Advantages has none, quite the opposite, I have been with a great constant nightmare for 15 years, my life does not resemble when I had no diabetes.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
03/03/2019 4:44 p.m.

Hello, I read all their comments and I learned a lot.
).And for chronic diseases such as diabetes there are special plans (we all access cheap medication).
I am type 2 diabetic starting with diaformin two per day.
Two years have passed and and the medication was lowered to one.
Diet exercises, but in reality with almost my 53 years, my life changed when I found out. But reading their testimonies, I really see them as great brave, since many are young.
I am not going to complain again, since the two disease are different, in my family as we say here I have a 90 -year -old dinosaur, diabetic two, only with medications.
Greetings to all and forgiveness for being such latoso in my story.

Jor's profile photo
Jor
03/03/2019 4:57 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I advantages I don't see any.Although I try not to see it as a conviction or the worst that has happened to me in life because it really does not seem to me to be the worst.If you get just in that it is shit and a sentence you will be bitter all day and I do not want to live bitter either for that or for anything.I try to see it from an optimistic point of view, but obviously if I could get rid of it.
In my case it has changed me better in the sense that now as much better, I exercise more, etc.If I didn't have diabetes, I would never have reached this.Due to the disease one day I decided to learn from nutrition and since then I have read everything and I know how to eat really healthy.The same if I did not have the disease I would never have learned all that and continue eating worse than now thinking that I was doing well.But it is something that I will never know.I still see it as something positive that the disease does not see anything positive.But the same if I have won in long -term health and quality of life thanks to the disease and in another way I would not have done so.

We do not know the Honduras of life, there are areas where we cannot get with our knowledge, they are the places that the Greeks called "El Olympus" where the forces that direct the winds of life meet.Maybe at that level they sent you a "diabetes" that "took" a galloping cancer, under this perspective everything can be or become positive.I am a diabetic for discovery at age 48, maybe I had ten to suffer without knowing it so I had to have glucose levels without finding out.And now I am 59 years old, with the freshlibre sensor (which fails like an old shotgun) I have learned to know what foods and situations favor it.It has been quite useful.Seeing the face to the size of diabetes is very important to learn to control.Battle with diabetes, discovering how your day works by day, what it feeds on, that takes strength, almost "friend" of her because of her continuous proximity to my life, perhaps she has taught me to have better existential control.My mother is 80 years old and is a diabetic discovered since the 50s. He has great obesity and can not be moved alone.
Diabetic 2 resistant insulin has a great remedy: end the abdominal fat where the toxic substance that causes the lack of effectiveness of insulin is.But eye losing weight in any way can be a serious mistake, because you go back and even supervisors.
Robotic science in a couple of decades I am sure that it will end this disease becoming a matter of history.Insulin becomes ineffective because in mass or too much is hindered to open the passage of glucose to the cell, so that "control" will somewhere technological and will not take long.The key is to resist!as in the Gaynor Gloria Song
Diabetics have the opportunity to reduce diabetes right now by the experience accumulated by us and for those who have already been in another time, and they are not, all that is in a collective "cloud" that is antidiabetic intelligence, each one fightsYour mode and tell your findings and that helps others.And the collective effort to fight the diabets forms a spontaneous army capable of not only resisting but against attacking and recovering health positions."Diabetics of humanity, let us".Victory is possible.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 5:50 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
what wonder it seems that for some people the diabetic is a pride !!And that nobody feels offended, greetings, is a p.Chronic and worst disease The silent murderer call him .....

Better try to live normal than being throwing shit and cursing the disease, you will accompany you the same, you are in a good mood, in a bad mood, take it as a drama or try to take it normal ...

It is not a dish of good taste but, this is not chosen, it is what there is, want or not, you assume it or not, but it is like life itself, it depends on how you take it.

I don't know, it's my opinion.The same when I have 80 I think differently, but I have been (I am 32) riding my fingers, seasons of up to 5 times insulin and here I continue, wanting to live every day more ...

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
03/05/2019 12:58 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.