{'en': 'Freestyle sensors take off', 'es': 'Sensores Freestyle se despegan'} Image

Freestyle sensors take off

delfinazul65's profile photo   07/26/2020 12:53 p.m.

Hello,

I am using free freeyle sensors 2 and they take off every seven or eight days.

I have spent three sensors in a month.Has anyone happened to anyone?

I don't know if they call me to replace them.I don't know if they will tell me something for that if they think excessive.

I have put the tape that physiotherapists use to protect them and take off too.

Thanks in advance!

delfinazul65's profile photo
delfinazul65
07/26/2020 12:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Delfinazul65

Wow, they hit me like a lapa.It must be the type of skin.

You can try to use Skin Tac.I buy it on Amazon.They protect the skin and greatly improve adhesion.I use a glove, I put on the skin the Skin Tac, story 30 seconds, and then I wear the sensor (in my case Dexcom).And I notice that the skin and adhesion protect me.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/26/2020 6:41 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi, @Delfinazul65:
Before putting on the sensor, I use Skin Tac wipes.There are times that it costs me until the applicator is removed.Then I cover the sensor with the kinesiological tape to which the corners previously rounded, which is where it begins to take off.This has been the hand of Santo (I read it in the forum).
If I go to the pool, to the beach or I do a sport with which I sweat a lot, I wear a tennis wristby as a bracelet.I think it is more psychological effect than something else, although it also serves to avoid some blow to the gym or when you carry all the umbrella paraphernalia and bag hanging from the shoulder, and suddenly you drain the handles through your arm.As soon as I leave the pool or sea, I take off my doll to better dry the kinesiologist.
When I am on the street, I make a bracelet with a cohesive bandage.
With all this ritual the tape of Fiso endures me perfectly for the 14 days.
Let's see if it serves you.:-)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
07/26/2020 7:07 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I have no problem with fixation, I do not see me.I protect it with kinesiological tape, more than anything because I don't rub but I don't know, now I take it in the buttock and go even more protected with underwear.The only problem that is giving me lately, and that I didn't happen to me before, it is that the kinesiological tape is sometimes giving me a little little reaction, I get an eruption not too impote but itchs.I changed to 3M hypoallergenic and it happened to me the same.Now I take it with nothing in the buttock.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/29/2020 7:48 p.m.

Delfinazul65 said:
Hello, I am using free freeyle sensors 2 and take off every seven or eight days.I have spent three sensors in a month.Has the same thing happened to someone?I don't know if they call me to replace them.I don't know if they will tell me something for that if they think excessive.
I have put the tape used by physiotherapists to protect them and take off too.

I took it mostly when I use it in my arms, I was much more and the same thing happened to me ... I created a slight dermatitis.

Now I use it on my thighs and it is much better.no reaction .. or take off

marine's profile photo
marine
07/30/2020 8:43 a.m.

Delfinazul65 said:
Hello, I am using free freeyle sensors 2 and take off every seven or eight days.I have spent three sensors in a month.Has the same thing happened to someone?I don't know if they call me to replace them.I don't know if they will tell me something for that if they think excessive.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/30/2020 9:32 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Hello!The same thing happens to me ... I've been using them for 3 years ...
So I put a little coloplast adhesive (in pharmacy they sell it before the sensor. They are minitoallitas) and on top of the sensor I wear a transparent skin spice called Tegaderm.
And apart from that very careful.
I have changed my life, but I recognize that they take a lot away from me.According to the type of skin.
As for those who have taken off.If you have the box calls Abbott.They have replaced me.
Cheer up.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/30/2020 9:35 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Delfinazul65 said:

You are right, request Freestyle.The glue they are using is weaker, because there were people who complain.They have spoiled the sensor with these changes.
Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
07/31/2020 8:05 a.m.

Well, I think they stick more.
When I remove the tape with which I protect it, I try to come with the sensor, everything together, and the sensor is stuck yes or yes.
I do not give me adhesion problems.In the arm I don't wear it for 4 years

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2020 7:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello good,

Today I had to change sensor and carry using it the last 3 in my thigh I have gone to put it in my arm since tomorrow I finally have the training and subsequent social security subsidy.

Well, just as I take it off ... it does not fail guys ... how I put it on my arm problems to take off ... I put it in my thigh and it is sticking like a gap.

marine's profile photo
marine
08/05/2020 12:50 p.m.

Hello, thanks for the comments, I have problems with the sensor but for the reason that they hook with the corners of the doors, I have been using 3 months and I jumped 3 sensors to the garbage and the worst was almost the sameday of changing it.
I carry the arm and I am thinking of putting them on the legs, what I am not sure is where it will measure better.
If you can give me any advice.
Thank you.

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
10/30/2021 10:13 a.m.

@Tavosugarfree

I put the Abbott sensor on the back of the arm, where the triceps are.In that area it is very difficult to give you a blow with the frames of the doors.If you put it in the lateral area of ​​the arm, if it is very easy to hit.

You can also try the thigh, upper front zone.There are people who wear it and work.But you will have to be careful when putting on and remove your pants!Also in the buttock, upper side zone.Everything is to try.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/30/2021 12:35 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The best site the upper part of the buttock.It covers the underwear and measures well.
2 fingers below the elastic.
I take it there 4 years ago.
In the arms the door takes it, backpacks, bags...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/30/2021 3:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much, I will try it, if I have more luck than in the arm.

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
11/01/2021 8:34 p.m.

I use the free style 2, one per month.and does not use adhesive wipes or anything like that.I do sports (Grit Series) and I have not taken off at all.Even at 14 days I have to put oil to take it off.all the best

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
11/03/2021 1:54 p.m.

Jon58204597's profile photo
Jon58204597
11/04/2021 11:15 p.m.

I have used Fixomull Transparent, the pharmacy for nine months and none has never taken off at the back of the arm as Abbot says, perfect

Jon58204597's profile photo
Jon58204597
11/04/2021 11:18 p.m.

Hello everyone:

I just started using the Freestyle 2 and 6 meter that provided me in Social Security I have already thrown 4, since it is putting them in my arm and they take off automatically, despite doing so following the indications of Abbott.
I have tried transparent coating patches and fastening bracelet and nothing at all.Even with the bracelet, they have not taken off, but have stopped working.

Do you think that if I hit them in the thigh or in the buttock I can solve this nuisance?

Thanks to everyone for your help.

framisan's profile photo
framisan
07/19/2022 8:58 p.m.

If you put on a shooting or timid you fall?
You may have oily skin, because 4 that fall is weird.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/19/2022 11:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@framisan: I clean my area with alcohol where I am going to wear the sensor, I wait for that area to dry and I apply the sensor that is stuck as a bass.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/20/2022 4:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.