{'en': 'COVID-19 vaccine', 'es': 'Vacuna de la Covid-19'} Image

COVID-19 vaccine

Anaisabel's profile photo   12/15/2020 1:59 p.m.

Hello.

In my work (elderly residence) we have already been told that whoever is interested in putting the vaccine to sign up.

Are you going to put it?

We will have to ask our GP, right?

I am in favor of putting it on, but in addition to diabetes I have two other diseases for which I take medication and I am allergic to a medication.

I don't have to go to the end of January.

Greetings,

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/15/2020 1:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I will put it on when I turn, apart from diabetes 1 I am a caregiver, but I do not know when it will touch me.I am more fear of the infection than to the vaccine, although it is to be the palms without it or go to know if with it.
They are supposed to be approved with maximum rigor.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/15/2020 3:16 p.m.

@Anaisabel asks the doctor because in the United Kingdom he has given serious problems to some allergic and have recommended that those who have allergies do not put it (Pfizer's, if they offer you another idea).

I'm not going to put it until I have enough guarantees.Seeing the data in young people the risk of death is almost 0 and more being healthy.I only have diabetes and my control is better than that of many non -diabetic so the risk out there I see it very low and also by age.Besides, as very healthy, I do sports and I never get sick, I've been having anything more than some mild cold.I trust my immune system than in a vaccine that long -term side effects are not known.In addition, it is not known how long immunizes you, many data are still missing in my opinion.I prefer to wait for a minimum of a year and see what effects it causes and if immunity is maintained.
If I had more than 60 or some serious illness that increases the risk of death in case of infecting me because I would think about it, but in my case I think the risk of something serious is minimal and I prefer that known risk than that of the vaccinethat almost nothing is known.But it is my personal opinion, everyone has to decide what they prefer.I am one of those who do not take any medication (even if it is an aspirin) without reading the prospect well and assess the risk/benefit so I am going to put on a vaccine that nothing is known practically of the long -term effects of the long -term effectsnor of long -term effectiveness.

At the moment I will continue to take all the measures not to infect myself and if I infect me, do not put anyone at risk.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/15/2020 4:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

In case anyone is interested, there is a website that has developed the Santiago de Compostela Health Research Institute (IDIS), which gives you a prediction of the risk of hospitalization, admission to ICU and death if you counter the virus.He asks age, sex and pathologies and with that he calculates the risk.

His name is Galcovid.

Yessica_A
12/15/2020 4:23 p.m.

In spite of having diabetes, and being young the risk of dying is almost zero?, Sure?, Because I think it's not, we are not going ...

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/15/2020 6:22 p.m.

I am sure that I want to put it on, but I need doctors to tell me that with my history there is no problem, although I also know that it will never be, because like that of the flu that also gives reactions.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/15/2020 9:35 p.m.

yesssica_a said:
@anaisabel asks the doctor because in the United Kingdom he has given serious problems to some allergic and have recommended that those who have allergies do not put it (Pfizer's, if they offer you anotherNo idea).

I'm not going to put it until I have enough guarantees.Seeing the data in young people the risk of death is almost 0 and more being healthy.I only have diabetes and my control is better than that of many non -diabetic so the risk out there I see it very low and also by age.Besides, as very healthy, I do sports and I never get sick, I've been having anything more than some mild cold.I trust my immune system than in a vaccine that long -term side effects are not known.In addition, it is not known how long immunizes you, many data are still missing in my opinion.I prefer to wait for a minimum of a year and see what effects it causes and if immunity is maintained.
If I had more than 60 or some serious illness that increases the risk of death in case of infecting me because I would think about it, but in my case I think the risk of something serious is minimal and I prefer that known risk than that of the vaccinethat almost nothing is known.But it is my personal opinion, everyone has to decide what they prefer.I am one of those who do not take any medication (even if it is an aspirin) without reading the prospect well and assess the risk/benefit so I am going to put on a vaccine that nothing is known practically of the long -term effects of the long -term effectsnor of long -term effectiveness.

At the moment I will continue to take all the measures not to infect myself and if I infect me, do not put anyone at risk.

Quiet, which they put it mandatory, I think there is a 1986 Public Health Law for which they can force themselves to be vaccinated.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/15/2020 11:59 p.m.

anaisabel said:
I am clear that I want to put it, but I need doctors to tell me that with my history there is no problem, although I also know that it will never be, because like the fluwhich also gives reactions.

I will also get it to let us know.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/16/2020 midnight

I will wear it, because I am afraid of the Covid and its side effects that to the vaccine.
But I am allergic to penicillin, so I will inform myself before. I think it influences, because no other vaccine hurt me.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2020 4:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As soon as possible I put it without hesitation

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
12/16/2020 7:49 a.m.

I have doubts just like @yessica_a and the same thing happens to me, I have a good control of diabetes and I do not usually get sick, I have not had flu in my life, for example but I will see it when the time comes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/16/2020 9:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I put it on, yes or yes, I also do not think they force but if they ask you if you have even vaccinated to travel, as if you travel to a sub -Saharan country and require certain vaccines.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/16/2020 1:32 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Ajd I doubt that they can force anyone to put something against their will.For any nonsense they make you sign informed medical consent.And yet they will not put a gun in my head to force me.The same if you are not vaccinated, they limit access to certain sites but I don't care, I still don't put it until I consider it safe.I value my health above all, if I have to spend a year without traveling and almost without going anywhere because I prefer that to risk unknown side effects.We think they are nonsense but most vaccines in the initial phases have some cases of encephalitis and similar things that are very serious and then they are already improving and they become safe.This is not known because the essays have been done in a very short time and those things are seen after many people.In addition they do not ensure immunity forever, they don't know how long it lasts.It could be just a few months and it is useless.
And the risk you can see it on the web that I put before, I am 0.16, with that risk I do not play it.You are more likely to have an accident with the car and kill me than dying of the virus.
But as I said before each one who decides what he wants as it should be with everything.We are all adults and we have the right to decide that we get into the body and assume the risks that seem to us.

Yessica_A
12/16/2020 2:48 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

It should be put on all possible people to reach the threshold of 70% to reach the immunity of flock, and more with chronic diseases, which seems that we forget what we have for very well controlled, healthy, young and athlete who is.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/16/2020 6:30 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
@ajd I doubt that they can force anyone to put something against their will.For any nonsense they make you sign informed medical consent.And yet they will not put a gun in my head to force me.The same if you are not vaccinated, they limit access to certain sites but I don't care, I still don't put it until I consider it safe.I value my health above all, if I have to spend a year without traveling and almost without going anywhere because I prefer that to risk unknown side effects.We think they are nonsense but most vaccines in the initial phases have some cases of encephalitis and similar things that are very serious and then they are already improving and they become safe.This is not known because the essays have been done in a very short time and those things are seen after many people.In addition they do not ensure immunity forever, they don't know how long it lasts.It could be just a few months and it is useless.
And the risk you can see it on the web that I put before, I am 0.16, with that risk I do not play it.You are more likely to have an accident with the car and kill me than dying of the virus.
But as I said before each one who decides what he wants as it should be with everything.We are all adults and we have the right to decide that we get into the body and assume the risks that seem to us.

They have already taken it into account if the 1986 law comes, as much as we say, and I do not believe that an app knows more than real life than scientists.But as long as it is not mandatory, each one will see, as several denialists who are no longer alive to say that the virus does not exist or that the vaccine carries a "chip" of Bill Gates ..

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/16/2020 6:35 p.m.

@Ajd The first thing that is left over here to the denialists or those who say that vaccines arrive a chip, only 4 ignorant think that they believe anything.Those who do not want to put on the vaccine not somo denialist or nonsense like that, one thing is not to trust the safety of the vaccine and another to deny that the virus exists and is a problem.But some prefer to risk the virus than to the vaccine and it is our right.If you vaccinate yourself, what else does it give you that others do not?You are supposed to already be protected, if another uncon vaccinated it catches it and dies is your problem not yours.No one has the right to decide on the lives of others.If we get into that then why isn't tobacco, alcohol and junk food that cause thousands of deaths every year and an exaggerated health resources expense?That is also a very important public health problem that a few years will end up saturating health.
And there are also scientists who have criticized that this vaccine does not have enough guarantees and that it is not known what will happen when the population is massively vaccinated.The remedy is worse than the disease.And the web have also developed scientists based on the statistics of the data we have so far about the COVID, but it seems that now it is only valid what scientists say that support what is convenient for us.
We must also differentiate between opinion from a scientist, who will obviously have more value than someone's without knowledge of the subject but is still an opinion.An opinion is not the same as objective data.Hospitalizations, ICU and death statistics are something objective.The vaccine does not have enough data that guarantees that in the long term it has no serious side effects and that immunity is maintained.It is not a matter of trusting scientists or not, it is a matter of objective data.Science is not opinion, it is based on data and right now there are not enough data on the vaccines that have been developed.Hopefully everything goes well and they are safe but we don't know it right now and some do not want to risk putting it.
If they apply the law of 86 (I doubt it) because those who do not want to put it will have to assume what it means to skip that law but of course no one will come to our homes with a gun to put them the vaccine by force.Luckily we still live in a country with certain freedoms.

Yessica_A
12/17/2020 11:08 a.m.

Yesssica_a said:
@ajd I doubt that they can force anyone to put something against their will.For any nonsense they make you sign informed medical consent.And yet they will not put a gun in my head to force me.The same if you are not vaccinated, they limit access to certain sites but I don't care, I still don't put it until I consider it safe.I value my health above all, if I have to spend a year without traveling and almost without going anywhere because I prefer that to risk unknown side effects.We think they are nonsense but most vaccines in the initial phases have some cases of encephalitis and similar things that are very serious and then they are already improving and they become safe.This is not known because the essays have been done in a very short time and those things are seen after many people.In addition they do not ensure immunity forever, they don't know how long it lasts.It could be just a few months and it is useless.

Very good for you, but you can spread the disease to other people and that is each individual's individual responsibility and you compete with you as a person but also those around you, however young and athlete you are.From there come many infections of the lack of responsibility of the "youth."
With everything and that I hope we do both you and me each with our decision.
All the best.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
12/17/2020 11:56 a.m.

@Ajd I already take great care of not being in contact with almost anyone and taking all the necessary measures.And obviously if I have symptoms of being sick I will lock myself in my house to avoid spreading.It has nothing to do with nothing to get into my body without guarantees with not having responsibility and that the rest of the people equally.
I really hope that the vaccine works and does not cause any serious side effect to anyone.I am the first one that I want us to return to normal but not risking me in my body without guarantees.

Yessica_A
12/17/2020 1:16 p.m.

Hello, if I am going to vaccinate, especially for being health personal, and because I think it is already social responsibility, it is the way the situation can begin to improve.I have many vaccines on many trips, attenuated viruses, none has given me reaction.
Public health prevails in this.
And I also prefer to get vaccinated than take the virus, and above all I prefer it to take the virus and be able to infect someone from my environment.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/18/2020 6:43 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I will immediately put it.First for being type 1 diabetic (possible benefit to me) and second for the responsibility of not infecting my patients.
Risk of admission to ICU twice as non -diabetic people and 3 times more risk of death.You will see but no matter how young, athlete and northern chicarron that you are I thought about it.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/18/2020 10:31 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.