{'en': 'Diabetes and Ron Barceló', 'es': 'Diabetes y Ron Barceló'} Image

Diabetes and Ron Barceló

cpesss's profile photo   01/02/2021 12:26 a.m.

Hello,

I understand that the rum is carbohydrate free but I am not sure, although in most sites he says yes.

I cubatas, when I take them, which are not many times, they are from Barceló-Cola Zero.

The rum although it is made with sugarcane I have understood that it goes with alcohol or something, that is, it is free of sugars.

What do you think?

All the best.

cpesss's profile photo
cpesss
01/02/2021 12:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@cpesss

Let's say that drinks with a high degree of alcohol have to be prosecuted as a liver and that prevents the sugars that to raise us the blood glucose.Eye, they have many calories!Of those who call empty because they contribute nothing.For example, wine does not affect me anything (glycemia).Instead the beer yes.

Ron with Cola Zero is something that I only take when I am on vacation on the beach.And also of course Gin with Zero Tonic.It is not something to abuse, both for alcohol and because the zero tail or zero tonic, they have enough preservatives.Let's say they are not very healthy drinks.But I recognize that on vacation I take them.This year with the damn Covid I have been unable to go to the beach and without my rum and Gyn Tonic.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/03/2021 12:45 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello!

When I have made a cocktail, I always use Zero's sodThe usual

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
01/03/2021 1:08 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Obviously avoid it .. but if you are going to have a glass always think more about the rebound effect of alcohol than in their own sugar.

They gave me abrupt hypos and between the "gustillo" and the hypo often combo ...

marine's profile photo
marine
01/03/2021 9:50 p.m.

The Barcelo rum is 10 gr.of sugar every 100 ml Link the same or more than a Coca Cola

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/04/2021 10:07 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Here the nutritional information, as already mentioned, has 10.6g of sugars per 100g.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/16/2023 7:30 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I drink when I want to take something from time to time or at a wedding a gin with gas with gas and a lemon slicha.I don't get the sugar anything

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/16/2023 8:50 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

fer said:
here nutritional information, as already mentioned, has 10.6g of sugars per 100g.

Where did you get that information?I have seen everything the distilled alcohols (gin, whiskey, rum ...) do not have carbohydrates.
Another thing is the honey rum, which is approx.
I doubt that Barceló has carbos, nothing goes up.

Link

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/16/2023 10:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

cpess said:
hello,

I understand that the rum is carbohydrate free but I am not sure, although in most sites he says yes.

I cubatas, when I take them, which are not many times, they are from Barceló-Cola Zero.

The rum although it is made with sugarcane I have understood that it goes with alcohol or something, that is, it is free of sugars.

What do you think?

All the best.

How have you told you the rum has some sugar, almost better wiski

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/16/2023 10:13 p.m.

Without carbohydrate drinks are
Whiskey, gin, vodka, tequila and wine

The wine does not matter white or red, provided it is not sweet

Be careful with zero drinks, if you are going to take a few glasses, the blood glucose will go down and you will reach Hip, in that case it is better to mix with normal soft drinks and avoid doing it with an empty stomach

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
01/16/2023 10:45 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

From my experience at this past Christmas I tell you that the rum yes that has hydrates.
When I start drinking it, the gucemia rises and then maintained until I stop drinking.
When I have drunk whiskey or Geneva, that has not happened to me, on the contrary, I usually lower glycemia.
Now, with the rum I have not had any posterior hypoglycemia.With gin and whiskey I have had some drop 6 or 7 hours after the last cup.
Always accompanying zero sugar soda.
That's why I think that if you're going to drink, a rum is better than anything else.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/17/2023 9:39 a.m.

Isabelbota said:

Where did you get that information?I have seen everything the distilled alcohols (gin, whiskey, rum ...) do not have carbohydrates.
Link

I did not put the link because it is a commercial website, but here I leave it if you want to check: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/17/2023 10:14 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
Isabelbota said:
>
Link

I did not put the link because it is a commercial website, but here I leave it if you want to check: Link

Ok, but then the Diabetes Foundation would be wrong, since in its hydrates tables it indicates that distilled (and names the rum) have zero.
It shows perfectly when an alcoholic beverage carries added sugar, vermouth, honey rum, sweet wine ... and the rum does not carry.Always in anything there are infos contradictory on the Internet and in this case I lean more about the Diabetes Foundation than for that "Fitatu".

Link

isabelbota
01/17/2023 11:57 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Maybe he refers to the white rum ... the old rum has always fallen fatal and I have always blamed him for having sugar, but no idea ...

anif's profile photo
anif
01/17/2023 12:26 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

I only drink cava, wine and gin when I find Tónica Zero, that is, except at home and at home I do not cool.
I love white Valencian wines !!!

Beer only in case of hypoglycemia.It goes well and does not happen to hyper.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2023 1:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What does not affect me almost anything: red wine, cava whenever Brut Nature is curiously, they are the best, which contribute very little to blood glucose and the most expensive.Also, thanks to a contribution of a partner around here, a beer that does not affect me, the Heineken Silver, although they do not usually have it, I take it when I feel like "something similar to the taste of beer."Because where is a good star of Galicia ..... in short, what a penalty of Tó.hahaha.

By the way, I take note of the Gin Tonic, the Geneva but replacing the tonic (which has many carbohydrates) with water with gas .... I will try it.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/17/2023 4:24 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wave said:
which does not affect me almost anything: red wine, cava whenever it is brut nature that curiously they are usually the best, which contribute very little to glycemia and the most expensive.Also, thanks to a contribution of a partner around here, a beer that does not affect me, the Heineken Silver, although they do not usually have it, I take it when I feel like "something similar to the taste of beer."Because where is a good star of Galicia ..... in short, what a penalty of Tó.hahaha.

By the way, I take note of the Gin Tonic, the gin but replacing the tonic (which has many carbohydrates) with water with gas .... I will try it.

I take it with Zero Tonic and is very good.In fact at the bar below my house I have it because I gave it a few 😂😂😂.The owner told me that when I finish them, buy me ...

isabelbota
01/17/2023 5:35 p.m.

anif said:
maybe he refers to the white rum ... the old rum has always fallen fatal and I have always blamed him for having sugar, but no idea ...

It can be, but glycemia rises zero, in fact I download it.One and point if I don't want a scare.

isabelbota
01/17/2023 5:38 p.m.

I take a glass of fine of Montilla with the food, I also take gazpacho or summer red.Distilled once wiski

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/17/2023 6:05 p.m.

@joaquillo, with love, glad you drink all that, but since you are not diabetic, your comments are not conclusive in terms of drinks and glycemics ... I could also ask my husband, neighbor or cousin to comment what he drinks here, but I wouldn't help us, I don't know if you understand me ...Here it is as if I get to comment on all the threads of an alpinism forum (without having or pajolera idea).

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/18/2023 10:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.