{'en': 'Diabetes and Ron Barceló', 'es': 'Diabetes y Ron Barceló'} Image

Diabetes and Ron Barceló

cpesss's profile photo   01/02/2021 12:26 a.m.

otabol said:
I would tell you that care with alcohol.
It is a toxic and when the liver enters the liver focuses on alcohol and forgets the rest.
That is why you can give you a hiccup if you have put insulin, the liver will not throw glucose into the blood.
One day he listened to an acquaintance who said that distilled drinks lowered his glucose, that he could take what he wanted ...... later it cost him enough to overcome a low sugar down in one of his "parties"
Take it into account.

Also, also if you spend the glucagon does not work, direct to the hospital.That is why from time to time a glass and point.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/23/2023 8:27 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

otabol said:
It is a toxic and when the liver enters the liver focuses on alcohol and forgets the rest.
That is why you can give you a hiccup if you have put insulin, the liver will not throw glucose into the blood.
One day he listened to an acquaintance who said that distilled drinks lowered his glucose, that he could take what he wanted ...... later it cost him enough to overcome a low sugar down in one of his "parties"
Take it into account.

Of course, always carefully and with a lot of moderation.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/23/2023 9:26 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
yesterday I tried the beer of Mercadona that I recommend @sandman and I liked it.Of acceptable flavor and the blood glucose rose me very much.

I'm glad to help you.;)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/23/2023 9:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

otabol said:
Take it into account.

Most we already know that you cannot abuse, but if I leave a weekend and I want to take a couple of drinks, I logically do it after eating, with a full stomach and trying to be rather high of blood glucose.
I think it is also important to try not to have much insulin circulating through the body.
The glucose descent usually gives me seven, eight or nine hours after having the last cup, and never significant.With the sensor you can foresee and act before it goes too much.
Everyone will affect alcohol differently and act accordingly.There will be those who cannot drink a glass of wine and there will be those who drink a whole bottle having dinner and have no problem (I know any case)
I have a lot of respect for alcohol, but that does not mean that from time to time I give myself a small tribute.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/23/2023 10:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@isabelbota carries sweetener like soda, so it has no hydrates.It is actually wine with soda but already mixed.
I have tried it in my body, of course.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/23/2023 2:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Isabelbota carries sweetener like soda, so it has no hydrates.It is actually wine with soda but already mixed.
I have tried it in my body, of course.

I take the homemade, lemon or white.It is with sweeteners (the white home or lemon does not carry sugar) but the final result has some carbos, little, but something, I suppose that of the must.It does not rise to me, but you take 6/7 gr of carbos every can.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/23/2023 3:33 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello everyone.Since the diabetes were diagnosed and since I love beer and here in Latvia they have the best in the world, I set out to burn everything that went to drink.More or less a beer (here are 500ml) are 5 or 6 kilometers at a good pace.And I do that, I leave home, I look for a good tavern 6 kilometers from home, I take a couple of beers and walk back again.In summer it works better, because the cold causes me to raise blood glucose, so I usually put a couple of insulin units in winter although I walk.
The whiskey does not affect me, and red wine, little or nothing.The vodka and the gin if they are alone lowered by glycemia.If I take them mixed depending on the soda.There are tonic with many sugars and others with less, I try to choose one of the last ones (the Zero does not exist here).As they have already mentioned, when you drink alcohol the liver takes more to process it than to produce sugar, so hypoglycemia can occur when drinking, especially in the next 24 hours, depending on the liver of each one, some have more luck than others to othersThe time to process alcohol.
Ask my endocrine about drinking and diabetes and told me that it is not advisablethat will not doubt it in the least.Now the important thing is to avoid the temptation to take two instead of one :))

PabloRiga's profile photo
PabloRiga
01/31/2023 11:38 a.m.

51 años. D1, o LADA, o véte tu a saber que nunca me lo han confirmado, desde 2018. Toujeo 12ud/día. Lantus (entre 8 y 15 unidades diarias). Camino más de 10 kilómetros diarios. Ultima HbA1c: 5.6% Octubre 2022.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.