{'en': 'Free Freestyle 2, Errors in Reading Values', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 2, errores en los valores de lectura'} Image

Free Freestyle 2, Errors in Reading Values

25mar2000's profile photo   01/23/2021 3:51 p.m.

I am having enough problems with the free sensor 2 and I don't know very well to do.

At first I was very happy with the sensors because they seem to me a great advance in the face of having to be looking at the capillary glucose and trusted the values ​​that I told me, however I am realizing that the second week of the sensor the values ​​it gives me areso far from the reality that scares me a lot.

The sensor gives me very low values ​​when I am really much higher, to the point that told me it was in 68 and the capillary told me 199.

I do not want to stop using the sensors but I cannot continue like this either, there is so much difference in the values ​​that it seems dangerous to me.

I do not know what to do, I do not know if there is any way to solve it or if someone happens to someone, but I all the people with whom I have spoken have told me that although the values ​​have a margin of error for them it is never so bigLike that.I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I put it in my arm as they recommend and look at it with my mobile.

I am about to leave them quite really, it makes me funny, but this is a tremendous uncertainty and it happened to the majority of sensors that I have used, not only with a few.

Any recommendation?

I am a little scared.

Thank you!

25mar2000's profile photo
25mar2000
01/23/2021 3:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

25mar2000 said:
I am having enough problems with the free sensor 2 and I don't know very well to do.At first I was very happy with the sensors because they seem to me a great advance in the face of having to be looking at the capillary glucose and trusted the values ​​that I told me, however I am realizing that the second week of the sensor the values ​​it gives me areso far from the reality that scares me a lot.The sensor gives me a very low values ​​when I am really much higher, to the point that told me it was in 68 and the capillary told me 199. I do not want to stop using the sensors but I cannot continue like this, there is so much difference inThe values ​​that it seems dangerous to me.
I do not know what to do, I do not know if there is any way to solve it or if someone happens to someone, but I all the people with whom I have spoken have told me that although the values ​​have a margin of error for them it is never so bigLike that.I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I put it in my arm as they recommend and look at it with my mobile.
I am about to leave them quite really, it makes me funny, but this is a tremendous uncertainty and it happened to the majority of sensors that I have used, not only with a few.
Any recommendation?I'm a little scared

I would recommend you try other systems, such as Dexcom, and stay with the one you like best.

From my particular experience, I had significant differences between capillary measurement and FSL1, however, with this new version, FSL2, from my point of view, have improved the system a lot and is more reliable than before.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/23/2021 5:15 p.m.

@25Mar2000

When I use Abbott FSL 1 sensors, I had some that I got very bad, with big differences.I remember that I had to add 50 to the reading that they mentally gave me to know where I was.And the truth is that it is very annoyed.I think you can call Abbott and protest.I never did.They gave me a great allergy in my skin and passed me to Dexcom G6.The difference is abysmal!But if they are not finished by DG6, it is very expensive, but they work very very well.

When you get a very bad sensor you can also take it off and put another.I ever did it and it's worth it

Don't leave the sensors.It is demonstrated that they help a lot to control glycemia.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/23/2021 5:38 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@25mar2000

When I use Abbott FSL 1 sensors, I had some that I got very bad, with big differences.I remember that I had to add 50 to the reading that they mentally gave me to know where I was.And the truth is that it is very annoyed.I think you can call Abbott and protest.I never did.They gave me a great allergy in my skin and passed me to Dexcom G6.The difference is abysmal!But if they are not finished by DG6, it is very expensive, but they work very very well.

When you get a very bad sensor you can also take it off and put another.I ever did it and it's worth it

Don't leave the sensors.It is demonstrated that they help a lot to control glycemia.

GREETING

I think I'm going to change it, but I can't be like this because they give me two per month and I can't be asking for more.Anyway, I think he has died directly, because now he tells me that I am in 55 and in blood I am in 168 and barely varies the value of the sensor.I mean, 3 hours ago I told me the same and I was in 130, I did not explain it to me, so it is terrible to control the blood glucose, if I cannot trust what the sensor tells me I do not know what to do.

25mar2000
01/23/2021 6:33 p.m.

I understand you perfectly !!
If you can call Abbott and you tell him
But I think it is a good idea to change the sensor and wait for it to go well

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/23/2021 6:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

So you say this sensor is defective, or Abbott or your equipment if it is financed they replace it.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/23/2021 11:49 p.m.

Really what worries me is not knowing when a sensor is defective or not, because everyone at first usually works well.In this case it has been very clear because the values ​​were not normal, but generally I trust and if it is giving me values ​​well below reality because it is quite bad.For example, my last analytics the A1C came out at 6.9, which is not very bad, but the sensor approached me to 5.8, and the difference seems very large.For low values, well, I am not in dangerous territory yet, but as you can imagine it is not very funny to think that without I know I can get it.
Anyway, that is to complain about complaining it, but well, thanks for your comments and your support, I am really very happy that there is a community of such nice people, and I wish you the best.

25mar2000
01/24/2021 11:34 a.m.

Call Abbot (900 300 119) and tell him.You have nothing to lose.My brother uses it and is delighted but I go for the second and it is happening to you, not with such a difference, but it hits me some scares of false important hypoglycemia.The first was great, it is also true that I think I caught a capillary because blood came out and apparently that is better ...
My brother has given this week the glyd 6.3 in analytics and the sensor told him 6.2.
Conclusion, that I think the system is good but some sensors are defective.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/24/2021 7:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have been using free freelyle reader and may, with the information it gives me, apply continuously corrective measures to keep me inside the range, but the results of the reports are optimal.

Some observations:

- Sometimes it has given me specific values ​​of glucose and trends, that they surprise me, and I realize that they are not reliable to repeat reading 10-15 minutes later.Which makes me see that the data must be interpreted .

- Other times, the reader shows me a message saying that he cannot read, and that wait 10 minutes to repeat the reading .This is not new and sure that it can have different causes, although sometimes this is repeated several times, and have to go to capillary glycemia to get out of doubt.

But I have observed this 2nd “error” several times in the same situation, and it is when my blood glucose is in hyper and low very quickly , naturally for applying drastic corrective measures (my fault).But it is currently when I am most interested in knowing my glucose making frequent readings to prevent it from going too much.And that bothers me quantity.(It's like going down with a plane and not knowing how far the ground is)

The curious thing about this “error” of the reader is that while waiting for 10 minutes, the sensor continues to do its job and sound the alarms when the time comes.That is why I think it is a “scheduled error” and that the criteria for accepting or rejecting a value should be modified.

Note: I do not know if this is real, but it is what I think after several observations.

magl's profile photo
magl
01/29/2021 10:02 p.m.

I have used Free for 5 years and some bad and others have come out.If the deviation is very large, to change them.
Yesterday I had analytics, 6.1% glyc and free gives me an average of 6%;I measured the glucose before extraction with the free and measured 165mg/dl and in blood it has come out156mg/dl, quite precise.Of course, I also capillary when I see values ​​that do not add up to me.

Faced with very outdated measures I recommend or call Abbott (if it is a private purchase or so they have told you in your SS) or take it back to the SS which is what I have to do with mine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/04/2021 6:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Guys if you use the real mobile ... change of night and day ... I use the official app as little as possible ... only for control with the nurse.

I have installed an app called Diabox.It makes you automatic readings every minute although sometimes 2-3min maximum, I can also put it on the screen as widget of the mobile and I no longer have to be scanning the mobile that also at certain times is a can.

The app also has several controls that I don't know as Liga does not bring the officer ...

-Allarma in case it detects a chopped or low up of more than 3.6mg/dl ... so you quickly detect a sharp change ....

It has its own reading calculation algorithm ... more reliable than that of the official app ... and then and most importantly ... since I use it as soon as the typical error messages from the official app of ...

The most important thing ... is that this app is to install and with a very basic config is put and scan the sensor .. it does not matter if one is already started with the officer and you do not have to crack anything or make strange movements.

I recommend it, seriously

marine's profile photo
marine
02/04/2021 10 p.m.

I'm going to try it, thanks @marine.
Before I used Glimp but it is no longer compatible with free 2

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/05/2021 2:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

By the way, I have had to go down with the PC and pass the installer program to the mobile, I say it for those who are interested.I don't know why the download in the mobile did not work for me.

I like it a lot!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/05/2021 3:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When it gives reading error they are two options, or the glucose lows very fast or sensor failure, in the last case in the end will tell you to change it.

In mobile when it gives error it is because the APK or Winrar installer needs to install in APK applications.

My last hemo glyc in Laboratory 6.8 and in APP 6.1 😡😡😡

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/05/2021 10:52 p.m.

@marine, thanks for the Diabox info.

Leo in Republicikadiabetes The following:

«Update 08.01.2021: Additional device is no longer necessary in iOS to directly connect free 2 and continuous.This app directly collects sensor data and shows them in the Diabox app.Magnificent news that brings us 2021

Those who have iOS, take advantage!

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
02/06/2021 9:12 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

palomilla said:
@marine, thanks for the diabox info.

«Update 08.01.2021: Additional device is no longer necessary in iOS to directly connect free 2 and continuous.This app directly collects sensor data and shows them in the Diabox app.Magnificent news that brings us 2021

Those you have, take advantage!

It also works on Android.Although I have tried it and I don't like it as much as XDrip+, XDrip+ gives more options and has a better interface.

DavidAG2000
02/06/2021 12:29 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
palomilla said:
@marine, thanks for the info of Diabox.

It also works on Android.Although I have tried it and I don't like it as much as xDrip+, xDrip+ gives more options and has a better interface.

The fact is that although XDrip is more complete ... with Diabox I saw everything very easy ...

It is not necessary to be looking for that if APP patching that if it can only be done when you are going to start the sensor ...

marine's profile photo
marine
02/06/2021 2:39 p.m.

marine said:
davidag2000 said:
palomilla said:
palomilla said:
@marine, thanks for the info of Diabox.

It also works on Android.Although I have tried it and I don't like it as much as xDrip+, xDrip+ gives more options and has a better interface.

The fact is that although XDrip is more complete ... with Diabox I saw everything very easy ...

It is not necessary to be looking for that if APP patching that if it can only be done when you are going to start the sensor ...

Once you have the patching app, xDrip+ is much better.In fact, I have tried Diabox and has spoiled xDrip+ in this sensor.

Diabox I see it as an alternative for those who do not have the patching app.

DavidAG2000
02/06/2021 6:39 p.m.

It is no longer necessary or use the patching app: Inica the sensor with the free app (patch or not), you escape with xDrip+ and, also having OOP2 installed, you have the readings on the mobile 14 days and 12 hours (as with Miao Miao) And you can calibrate the sensor, but really calibrate it, not in the range -40/+20.I insist, you can even uninstall freeLink (in fact it is convenient to deactivate it), and XDRIP+ take care of everything.I do not know Diabox, but install xDrip+ and OOP2 is very, very easy.
Stop this thread, I put a post explaining how to do it

Link

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
02/06/2021 8:34 p.m.

palomilla said:
@marine, thanks for the diabox info.

And where you can download diabox for iOS, I don't see it in the app store

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
02/07/2021 10:22 a.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.