Low pancreatic reserve.Negative antibodies and without insulin.

smartinez's profile photo   04/10/2021 10:55 a.m.

rocio36 said:
Well, from the first hour they sent me insulin because it says that it is a good way to keep the little reserve that I had left although every time I have left me in the first diagnotic was at 0.78There are already 0.50 I have quick and slow 3 years ago I am lad

Hi @Rocio36, so your case is TB similar to mine, negative antibodies.Well, I don't know why there are different criteria but my endocrine says that with the values ​​I have (except today that has given me 140 on an empty stomach and a hour and a half after it has dropped to 100) I can not send me insulin.You the values ​​you had were good?

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/13/2021 1:32 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

I dubutted with 364 and 11.8 glycosilada and 70 kg of weight and 1.75 tall, now weight 65.

At first I also tell you that I started with insulin, Toujeo 17 units a day but only a week and a half because a week and a half was already in 88 basal and they changed me to pills to see how I followed.At first I rose a little but at 3 weeks or so I was already over 100 and as I have lost weight every time I control it better.

I have not had a hypoglycemia and the times I have tried to eat pasta and bread that I have put in 180 at 2 hours.

I have 2 diabetic relatives and in the end, it seems, I am a case that does not fit 100 % in the types so instead of testing me what they prefer is to wait to see how I evolve with the treatments.If I control the sugar with metformin to look more?After it is nothing more irreversible for wasting time.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/13/2021 2:51 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

smartinez said:
good morning,

I would like to find people in my own situation or have passed through it.My endocrine says that it surely has lada diabetes.My constitution is thin, the antibodies have given me negative but insists that it is surely lada because I have little pancreatic reserve.He says that although it is rare that they have given me negative it can happen.At the moment I do not need insulin.I took efficient in the morning and at night but has taken away the morning.According to her, these types of medications for lada diabetes does not work, it does nothing to me.The fact is that my glucose levels are right now but I'm afraid, I think it is already starting to rise to me.Yesterday I had 114 when I got up and today 115. I still have hope that it will be mistaken and be type 2.

I believe that I am a case similar to yours.I had 14.5 glycosilada, blurred vision and more thirst than a polar bear in the desert.I was diagnosed with diabetes 1 and insulinized, later I started having hypos and kept the basal until they took it away.They even tested the COVID and Di negative.Also for antibodies.Now they are declined by a diabetes 2. It is not easy in some cases to establish the type.Each body is a world and if you have other ailments and dedicate yourself, even more.They told me that it was a curious case, without antibodies, thin, without family history and with the debut of a type 1 but being type 2 ... today, I take metformin and garden tomorrow and dinner and I have values ​​in theTomorrow of 80-90.

You have to sometimes wait to see the reactions for the final diagnosis.

Cheer up.Hug.Juan.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
04/13/2021 2:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Person, pancreatic reserve I have 1.54 of Pepido C. I don't know if it is much or little.
In any case, look forward and trust your doctors.

JuanSevillano
04/13/2021 2:59 p.m.

I did not fatal the same thing I am 400 Q at 100 at the beginning I thought that I had been wrong because I was 1 month with a lotI lowered more than 20 kilo until the endocrine event arrived made all the tests and medius that was ladFrom the medical one to control it for May it touches me the analysis and they will see how ba reserves that fear that I no longer have any choleciler, uric assidium my analysis are perfect it is only save that I am diabetics for the reserve to the sugarEvery time I do analysis I get 90 of sugar my problems are the propandial ones I already tell you from 400 to 100

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
04/13/2021 2:59 p.m.

@Colt @juansevillano @rocio36 It is clear that we are rare cases, hahaha.I totally identify with you, I don't fit in any type of diabetes either.I am thin, correct tension and cholesterol, without diabetic family history, negative antibodies, little pancreatic reserve, ...., my endo says that his feeling that I am ladthat give me a final diagnosis.At least I am finding people in this forum with whom I can talk.THANKS THANKS !!!!

smartinez
04/13/2021 3:08 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

I do have high cholesterol but the rest of the relatively controlled thing until the diabetes jumped.The triglycerides uploaded a little but very occasionally.

The truth is that it is amazing that today they do not see with diagnoses.

By the way Rocio.I arrived at 560 in my postpads in the sugar test.

JuanSevillano
04/13/2021 3:14 p.m.

The lada as I understand is confused with the 2, but there are times that the 2 occurs in thin people (15%) and through abrupt debuts such as 1 and sometimes stress and medications cause it.

Another important aspect is to know how you had the sugar before, if you had it well, upper, altered, prediabetes .... in short, a whole dilemma.

JuanSevillano
04/13/2021 3:19 p.m.

I have always had low sugar, the first time I gave me a weird fact was in my first pregnancy, in the test it gave me 126 and they sent me the curve.They told me that the levels were just above what they should be and therefore that I had gestational diabetes.With my second daughter it did not happen to me, all normal, the next 9 years all analytics were fine, until two years ago they gave me 116 (FEB-2019) and 110 (Feb.2020).I was scared but my header considered that it was not important, it was thin, and the rest of the perfect analytics so I followed my normal life.Until in November 2020 the Covid arrived at my house, just after spending it and coinciding with Christmas (imagine nougat, sweets ...., I hit me) I began to be very thirsty and lost 3 kilos.In FEB of 2021 in the recognition of the company it gave me the 271 glucose and there began all my odyssey.I still think that the Covid has loaded part of the beta cells those that speak and that is why I do not do well, JJJJ, I do not know, the fact is that something does not go there inside.I am a weird case

smartinez
04/13/2021 3:26 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

"Let's" rare, there is no doubt ... I had 108 and they told me the same, well my cardiologist did not tell me anything directly at 9 months of having an angina that resolved me (I smoked a lot and I have a high family cholesterol)I jumped the diabetes through the air.He billed it to a certain medication because I also did not stick to anything, but some ice cream ... no relative has diabetes.

JuanSevillano
04/13/2021 3:32 p.m.

By the way, the cholesterol that I had was not very alarming.It was in 220 of total comesterol 140 of the bad.The problem was tobacco.

Fumas?

JuanSevillano
04/13/2021 3:35 p.m.

Sorry but ..... Can you tell me what is that of propandial?It is the first time I listen to it.I don't know how I have that

smartinez
04/13/2021 3:37 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Postprandial :)
A rare word the truth!

It is simply the time that it takes to make all the absorption of carbohydrates.Between two and three hours after a meal, but if you exceed fat or protein it can be more.

That is why you have to measure themselves at two or three hours of a meal, when all carbohydrates of food have already been practically absorbed.A person without diabetes has blood sugar then around 100 or below.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/13/2021 3:51 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

JUANSEVILLANO said:
By the way the cholesterol I had was not very alarming.It was in 220 of total comesterol 140 of the bad.The problem was tobacco.

Fumas?

I do not smoke and carry without drinking from Christmas, but first I only drank some beer on weekends or some cup

smartinez
04/13/2021 3:53 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

jldiazdel said:
postprandial :)
A rare word the truth!

It is simply the time that it takes to make all the absorption of carbohydrates.Between two and three hours after a meal, but if you exceed fat or protein it can be more.

That is why you have to measure themselves at two or three hours of a meal, when all carbohydrates of food have already been practically absorbed.

Ahh !!Ok, hahaha.At the moment I was very one day 214 after a potato salad and omelette, and last Saturday I had to go to the bourgeois and took a hamburger, thinking that for one day nothing was happening and two hours later I was 206, this was Sunday, the same for that excess today I had 140 on an empty stomach.

smartinez
04/13/2021 3:56 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

You can take wine, in moderation, does not raise blood glucose.Beer yes, even much.

Interestingly, the worst beer for us is SIN, has many carbohydrates.When I'm somewhat low I take the opportunity to drink about 200 ml of white beer of wheat that I love!

jldiazdel
04/13/2021 3:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
you can drink wine, moderation, does not raise blood glucose.Beer yes, even much.

Interestingly, the worst beer for us is SIN, has many carbohydrates.When I'm somewhat under I take the opportunity to drink about 200 ml of white wheat beer that I love!

It is good to know.I guess red wine, the frizzante guy has told me not to try it.

smartinez
04/13/2021 4:04 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Don't know.I don't like it.But you can try.I have sometimes taken Italian Prosecco, which does not make me funny the truth (I prefer a good brut type cava) and nothing affected me to blood glucose.
Better normal wine!It is healthier.Red wine If you like much better, it has tannins.

jldiazdel
04/13/2021 4:08 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The peptide test C was 0.7.In the debut the cholesterol and the tiglycerides by the clouds, in fact also volume pravastatin and phenophrate for cholesterol because I gave 342 of total cholesterol and 250 triglycerides but with the medication it passes to normal values ​​soon.

I do enough sport, in fact I do federated sports.Two years ago in a control of the work of 93 of sugar so everything seems that it is what has been not too long.

I do not know but it is what you say, that the treatments can work for one aspect but the cause should be sought soon that it is not remedy.I have another control in June and since they don't give me more information I am already thinking of going to the private one.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/13/2021 6:02 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

@Colt
The c peptide is low, I think.When they entered me, I had it at 0.5.I think I remember that it must be above 1. That if my HBA1C, the hemoglobin test was in 12!A disasterThat's why they entered me.But in a year following sport and good food, all under control again.The important thing is to detect it in time.I spent almost three months that I noticed that something was not going well, thirst and inexplicable weight loss.You have to listen to the body.
Insists on regular blood controls.

jldiazdel
04/13/2021 7:12 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.