Low pancreatic reserve.Negative antibodies and without insulin.

smartinez's profile photo   04/10/2021 10:55 a.m.

Good morning,

I would like to find people in my own situation or have passed through it.My endocrine says that it surely has lada diabetes.My constitution is thin, the antibodies have given me negative but insists that it is surely lada because I have little pancreatic reserve.He says that although it is rare that they have given me negative it can happen.At the moment I do not need insulin.I took efficient in the morning and at night but has taken away the morning.According to her, these types of medications for lada diabetes does not work, it does nothing to me.The fact is that my glucose levels are right now but I'm afraid, I think it is already starting to rise to me.Yesterday I had 114 when I got up and today 115. I still have hope that type 2 will be mistaken and be.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/10/2021 10:55 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez
I am Lada and end in DM1.
You can only do one thing, well or several!
Doing sports regularly, try to eat few carbohydrates, especially minimize pasta, bread, rice, potatoes.And of course sugary drinks and industrial juices.They are sugar bombs.But take many vegetables.Eat healthy and varied.And get controls regularly.And that's it.
You already know how to control your blood glucose levels and interpret them.That is very important.At the moment those values ​​are very good when they get up.
From time to time, after a meal, make a measurement at three hours.You can also do it before bedtime, but as long as they have spent about two and a half hours.And the controls when they get up are also useful.
But he lives quietly and enjoys day to day ... and sport and good food.
If you ever end with type 1, I assure you that you can make the same life as before.A little more complicated, that yes!But if you control your life expectancy, it will not vary at all.

Good weekend!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/10/2021 11:19 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you @jldiazdel, I try although it is difficult to know that in the end I will end up needing insulin and the complications it entails until it is controlled, at least for what I read you.I can ask you how long happened since Lada diagnosed you until you became DM1?

smartinez
04/10/2021 11:36 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Have you had any pathology of pancreas or surgical intervention?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/10/2021 11:43 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Smartinez
In my case they detected it very late and spent very little time.
According to the doctor, it helped me a lot of sports regularly, the same one that I do now, and ate very balanced, the same as now.My day to day has changed anything, logically saved insulin and controls.But today with continuous glucose monitors, our life has improved a lot
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/10/2021 12:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

smartinez said:
good morning,

I would like to find people in my own situation or have passed through it.My endocrine says that it surely has lada diabetes.My constitution is thin, the antibodies have given me negative but insists that it is surely lada because I have little pancreatic reserve.He says that although it is rare that they have given me negative it can happen.At the moment I do not need insulin.I took efficient in the morning and at night but has taken away the morning.According to her, these types of medications for lada diabetes does not work, it does nothing to me.The fact is that my glucose levels are right now but I'm afraid, I think it is already starting to rise to me.Yesterday I had 114 when I got up and today 115. I still have hope that it will be mistaken and be type 2.

I believe that I am in your very situation, with the difference that I have not yet done the antibody analysis (in my community they are slowly slowly, soft soft).

The same thing that the companions have told you, if you are Lada the guidelines are similar to type 2 with the difference that in the end you will need insulin but with the controls that are done you will know.I have already become the idea that surely my situation is temporary and that I will have to leave the pills.

Much encouragement and for always

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/10/2021 12:16 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

alberto_13 said:
have you had some pathology of pancreas or surgical intervention?

No, I haven't had any of that.The only weird thing I've had was Covid.Just after it happened to me.I started having a lot thirst and thinned 3 kilos but it lasted a couple of months.Then I was cut and then at the company's medical examination gave me 271 fasting glucose.I was prescribed efficient and in 10 days the glucose was regulated, I took one in the morning and another in the afternoon.Now they have removed the morning.

smartinez
04/10/2021 3:05 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

colt said:
smartinez said:
good morning,

I would like to find people in my own situation or have passed through it.My endocrine says that it surely has lada diabetes.My constitution is thin, the antibodies have given me negative but insists that it is surely lada because I have little pancreatic reserve.He says that although it is rare that they have given me negative it can happen.At the moment I do not need insulin.I took efficient in the morning and at night but has taken away the morning.According to her, these types of medications for lada diabetes does not work, it does nothing to me.The fact is that my glucose levels are right now but I'm afraid, I think it is already starting to rise to me.Yesterday I had 114 when I got up and today 115. I still have hope that it will be mistaken and be type 2.

I believe that I am in your very situation, with the difference that I have not yet done the antibody analysis (in my community they are slowly slowly, soft soft).

The same thing that the companions have told you, if you are Lada the guidelines are similar to type 2 with the difference that in the end you will need insulin but with the controls that are done you will know.I have already become the idea that surely my situation is temporary and that I will have to leave the pills.

Much encouragement and for always

If I have the idea of ​​needing insulin but what makes me crazy is not knowing when, a month, 6 months, one year ....... when you have a problem you face it and forward but ...... This uncertainty kills me.That is why I look for people who have happened to him similar to mine.To see more or less how much I can be like this.I live in Extremadura and the truth is that they have done all the tests very fast, it all started in February and I have already gone to the endocrine and have done all the tests.In three months I will return.

Thanks for the spirits.

smartinez
04/10/2021 3:13 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

I can only tell you what I have read online and this forum and it is that it depends on each body, there are people who in a few months and others that several years.For example, in a post commented a girl who diagnosed her 3 years ago and took metformin tomorrow, noon and night.On the Internet I read an article of a girl who 8 years but for what I depend.

The fact is that everything has its good part and its bad part.The good thing about oral medication is that it is more comfortable to take, conserve, etc. and it is more difficult for you to give you hiccuts but it has the bad that, at least in my case, they usually give you nausea and intestinal problems.Insulin as soon as you understand your body is more effective than oral medication but on the contrary you can get out of control or that you give yourself a hiccup.

I also tell you that my partners who are injected insulin because they can eat everything in moderation.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/10/2021 8:02 p.m.

@Smartinez
I have a similar situation.I don't know the guy, now in April the tests do me.
What I know is that I need slow (5 unid. I am putting) and metformin.And with that I have perfect levels.
If I began to think if in a while I will need quickly, such as controlling it, if I will have complications ... Well, it would be a without lively.
But in the end you have to think about the day to day.Today you are perfect with your medication, great.And if your medication changes, you will adapt, as you have adapted to the current situation.
They can tell you experiences but this is not mathematical, each person is different.It's just about getting it well.And we can all.
Do not overwhelm.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/10/2021 8:10 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

smartinez said:
good morning,

It is not such a bad value to have 115 when you get up.As they told you here in the Forum, I think it is important to monitor glucose values ​​a bit (perhaps for a while) ... to see how the medication is doing and as your body is taking with your diet etc.

You could yourself with a glucometer check your glucose on an empty stomach, and then 2 hours after eating.Or get one of those that monitor your glucose continuously, that can help you be calmer.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/11/2021 10:07 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

smartinez

A question, have you requested a continuous glucose meter?If you have lada and I imagine that I have asked you.

I tell you because they have told me that Social Security is so bad funds that it is scratching doubtful cases between type 2 lada etc.They could already do here as in Japan that fiance even type 2 ...

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/13/2021 9:34 a.m.

colt said:
smartinez

A question, have you requested a continuous glucose meter?If you have lada and I imagine that I have asked you.

I tell you because they have told me that Social Security is so bad funds that it is scratching doubtful cases between type 2 lada etc.They could already do here as in Japan that fiance even type 2 ...

Well, what I have is a normal meter, who click on my finger and I see it at the time, but I suppose that you say continuous will be another.Today I have risen fatal, I have 140 of fasting glucose, it is already uploading to me, I do not know if it is because I have removed my morning pill and it took effect or because my honeymoon is already finishing.

smartinez
04/13/2021 9:58 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

I imagined it, for what you say what you have is a glucometer just like me.I have been told that it is a loan nothing more and I do not know because time although I have consulted other diabetic people and they tell me that at six months if your levels are optimal they send you to return it forever, in fact my father is diabetic with 150Basal and retired and they did not give it to him, if at six months they see that it has cost you to control the levels, they change it to you for another that you will have to end up returning when you manage to control it.

For cases of type 1 and lad diiabetes, the endocrine is the one that asks you to send to your center the continuous glucose meter consisting of patches that last about 14 days and with a device and/or the phone simply approaching the patch andYou know what you have of glucose without clicking or strips and at any time of the day, you can ducahrte with the patch and everything.

The fact is that they are devices that are now expensive and if you have not requested it because it agrees with what they have told me, that you are a very clear insulin -dependent type or nothing at all.

On the other issue, I think you are in 140 because you take a less pill.When I took mid -night and midnight I got up at levels similar to the beginning, now I am more or less in 90 with two a day but of course I also tell you that now I do 20 km a day walking and as less hydrates for what something hasWhat to see.

Courage and hope that the thing changes that not everything is covid.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/13/2021 12:09 p.m.

@Colt You and I have to support ourselves, we are in similar cases, hahaha.

smartinez
04/13/2021 12:10 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
@colt I have seen that you commented on another question that I asked that you take a medication similar to mine.And that more or less you are in the same case as me, they still do not succeed with the type of diabetes that we are.

It is that in my case the family doctor has not been convenient to send me to the endocrine, only to the ophthalmologist.

I have achieved that I do certain tests because I insist on asking if the problem is from my pancreas or my body and so I got me to do the c peptide but that of Antbres or I do it or wait for it.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/13/2021 12:13 p.m.

colt said:
smartinez said:
@colt I have seen that you commented on another question that I asked that you take a medication similar to mine.And that more or less you are in the same case as me, they still do not succeed with the type of diabetes that we are.

It is that in my case the family doctor has not been convenient to send me to the endocrine, only to the ophthalmologist.

I have achieved that I do certain tests because I insist on asking if the problem is from my pancreas or my body and so I got me to do the c peptide but that of Antcuerpos or I do it or wait for it.

I do not understand why the tests do not do you, they made them right away although I still have no definitive diagnosis.I must keep waiting to see how the controls go .....

smartinez
04/13/2021 12:15 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

The same tells me everyone, I met a Navarrese boy who gave in an analysis 320 in February and put him in the hospital for a week, he tells me it was a scroll of week but they did all the tests and left on Monday with a definitive diagnosis.Type 1 in this case.

I don't know, I suppose everyone will have their methods.For me it is crap to walk like this but as everything is now Covid because we are going to do it.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/13/2021 12:18 p.m.

colt said:
the same thing tells me everyone, I met a Navarrese boy who gave in an analysis 320 in February and put him in the hospital for a week, he tells me it was a week of weekBut they did all the tests and left on Monday with a definitive diagnosis.Type 1 in this case.

I don't know, I suppose everyone will have their methods.For me it is shit to walk like this but as everything is now covid because we are going to do.

The important thing is that you have it now controlled and if with the pills you are doing well ...., great.But it is not normal for you to do the tests.They made them and had 271 on an empty stomach, less than you.Of course, the glycosilada was in the clouds, 13 and peak, apparently a buried.Good you'll tell me how is you doing.

Much encouragement tb for you !!

smartinez
04/13/2021 12:24 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Well, from the first hour they sent me insulin because it says that it is a good way to keep the little reserve that I had left although every time I have left in the first diagnotic I was at 0.78 there are already 0.50 I have quick and slow and slow 3years I am lada with negative antibody

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
04/13/2021 1:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.