Hello everyone, I'm new in the forum

dect2021's profile photo   05/20/2021 10:35 p.m.

They have just diagnosed my daughter, my 3 -year -old princess type 1 ..... I'm shattered I think it's the worst days of my life without any doubt ... I would give my life healthy ..... forgiveMy negativity and my discomfort ... but I am not able to see my little girl suffer and lively ... I feel my chaotic presentation

dect2021's profile photo
dect2021
05/20/2021 10:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @dect2021, as a mother I understand perfectly how you feel, my son debuted last February and the pain I felt was heartbreaking, at the same time you fill yourself with anger and hate against everything and everyone because you don't understand because she has touched him (she) ... It is normal for you to feel like this and that you are in a state of shock and distressed by the quality of life your daughter is going to have, but you have already taken a very important step, and it is relieved in this forum, I alsoI did while my son was still admitted to the hospital, and I felt very relieved, and I found wonderful people who have helped me a lot and have made me not feel alone.Your daughter is still very small (mine has 14) and does not understand what diabetes is, but if you realize your suffering for it, so it is very important that you are calm when you are with her and do not perceive negative attitudes orIt may be blamed for it.Now you will feel surpassed by the new situation, too much information to learn ... Take it serenely, consult all the doubts that you have the endocrine, educator, psychologist ... they are there to help you, the principles are hard I will not deceive youBut little by little you will go back to normal (a new normality), and you have no doubt that your daughter can have a happy and full life.Much encouragement and if you need something here we are !!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/21/2021 12:16 a.m.

@DECT2021, it is a very strong blow, but time is helping to recompose yourself and gradually you will calm down.
You have to learn a lot about a treatment that seems very complicated at the beginning, but also dominates.
My daughter started with 5 years, she is 32 and is perfect.When you have that age, everything will be much easier.
Much encouragement, that diabetes will not prevent him from doing anything that is proposed.
A hug!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2021 3:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you, you are very helpful .... I thank you for comments ..... I don't have tears ... I hope that forces

dect2021's profile photo
dect2021
05/21/2021 8:54 a.m.

Encourage @dect2021.Our 4 daughter has also been diagnosed last October.It is the hardest thing for what we have ever happened and as you say from my wife to any of our family I would give her life because she was fine.It is a before and after that is clear.I am very encouraged to see how fast she has accepted, she has bad times like everyone else, but she is happy.I know that now nothing encourages you but you have to see it as a fight.

What I find the most to understand is the efforts to be done to be fine and that they don't invent anything ... They had no idea of ​​the coronavirus and there are already 7 different vaccines ...

Look also the diabetescero website, they are a group of parents supporting scientific research.When we are wrong we contribute an amount and comfort us ... I hope more people will support the investigation.In 6 or 7 years that have been achieved only more than € 200,000, it seems ridiculous with the number of families affected by type 1 diabetes.

Strength, a lot of strength.If you want to talk, contact me privately.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
05/21/2021 11:20 a.m.

@Isi thinks that unfortunately, the pasta that laboratories win to keep a chronic patient for life is priceless ...

With Covid but it would have been so lethal more of the same ... capitalist system

marine's profile photo
marine
05/21/2021 1:09 p.m.

@dect2021 I understand that you are desperate but your daughter is not going to live or suffer badInformation, a lot of information.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/21/2021 2:42 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@dect2021

We all understand you perfectly.My brother suffered something very similar.And yes, at first it is a blow.

To all when we have diagnosed diabetes, some type I, others II, and others without classifying, it has meant a blow and adaptation.

But I recommend something a bit hard, but it was what they recommended to my brother.And it works.But I warn you is very hard.In the hospital he asks the children's cancer plant.You take a walk along the plant and talk to the parents, if you endure it psychologically.When you see your daughter, thank you, why you only have diabetes.Works.I assure you, but it's very hard.It will make you return some realism and resituate your daughter's disease.Yes, it is for life, but it will live !!And a lot, others do not.

A very strong greeting
And as they have told you: information and learn a lot.It's hard yes.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/21/2021 3:08 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

ALBERT_13 said:

Man @alberto_13 Talking about misunderstanding of some parents at the time of debut and more than one child with 3 or 4 years does not seem adequate ... the initial blow is so strong that I do not want it to me worse enemy and theinjections -based treatment ... Anyway, a joy is not ... many had not seen a needle in our lives.One comes to the forum looking for understanding not that they call misunderstanding the first change I say ...

Isi's profile photo
Isi
05/21/2021 3:14 p.m.

Do you see that I mean when I talk about social incomprehension, you are moving hurt, grief and compassion towards that creature when what you need is normal, according to you who is adequate?In addition to not involving these parents what you say you could communicate it by private.Ah and I recommend you read and relieve what @jldiazdel has written
Or do you think it is better to let it think that your daughter will suffer and live?

Alberto_13
05/21/2021 3:20 p.m.

I do not tell you privately because I have also felt alluded to as a father.I do not speak of pity or misunderstanding ... No one gets used to today for anything and less to this ... It is not normal for your child to have a chronic disorder.Many continue in that process of normalizing but is not achieved overnight and a little understanding is expected by at least those that are going through the same as you.
For me the right thing would be psychological support from minute 1 for the child and parents, insulin bomb with continuous glucose monitor from minute 1 and not having to fight for it against wind and tide.And the most important support when you look for it.
All the best

Isi's profile photo
Isi
05/21/2021 3:31 p.m.

Maybe, the best psychological support does not go through compassion or understanding to which you mean and that you expect, but ultimately you have your opinion and I mine, we both try to help, I think ... and if youDo you think that creating poems is the best way to help or help someone? If so, I am delighted to be useful

Alberto_13
05/21/2021 3:43 p.m.

@Isi

We all agree.In the hospital they should give you a lot of support.Courses, psychological support, and all the material that was needed.If not, it is very unfortunate.

This forum is very useful but it serves what serves, solve specific doubts or exchange different opinions, and sometimes relax.

I, for example, late for six months to recognize my sickness and put my batteries, and learn to control it.And that I have my nephew from a young age with diabetes and a very close friend.But one thing is to see it from afar and another to have diabetes.Each one passed through our process of I call him "realism" or "acceptance."Some take longer and others less.It is not easy.But if we take care of our life expectancy, it is not altered at all.And it is very important that parents understand it.Yes, it is a chronic disease.But your son / daughter will live.It will have more children.I will study.etc etc.

The hard hospital anecdote that I have commented is real.My brother's wife will get sick and take my brother in hand and take it to the child cancer zone.It happened very very bad.But it came very well.

A very strong greeting

jldiazdel
05/21/2021 3:48 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The psychological support when debuting with diabetes should be drawer.Facing you with the diagnosis of a chronic disease is a kind of "duel" through which all diabetics and family members have passed.And as in every duel each person reacts and accepts their new reality in a unique and different way.Many spirits for @dect2021.You will go ahead with your daughter, although at the moment it is very difficult to believe.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/21/2021 4:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@dect2021 much patience at the beginning, there will be many doubts, fear of failure and errors.It is normal.
Your daughter is a happy girl and so she will continue.It has the whole future ahead.

As parents, the first thing is to accept that it is a chronic illness, which requires guidelines but with which you live and make "normal" life.
Some days I wonder why I do not have any antecedent, but it makes no sense to ride, you have to throw forward and live.

Look for the Diabetes Association of your town, for children they organize many events and give a lot of help.

And here we are here to help you with doubts and listen to you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2021 4:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello @dect2021
I understand your pain because if it is hard for oneself I imagine that it is more if it happens to a child.
In this regard I want to tell you something I lived recently.Speaking with a type 1 diabetic that was detected with 6 years, I told him that my brother debuted with 26. And he said "poor, your brother, would not change me for him."Of course, I was surprised and told me that my brother was worse.That as he had not lived anything else, which was always remembered being diabetic, he could not miss anything.That when you are as a child you have it so assimilated that it is part of your life without major importance.Something that would never occur to me but that is logical.But that can help if you think that if we all get used to everything, children even faster.
As Jldiazdel says, there are worse things.
I understand what Alberto13 means.That you do not have to pity, because it is of no use, but it is normal to feel pain.But the pain passes.
I put a link that I took from this forum of a monologue that served me a lot when I was in full pain (in this case for me, which I debuted in December).The moral is that, the pain passes.And thank God, this disease has a solution.And it ends up making a normal life.
Much encouragement.😘😘

Link

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/21/2021 5:06 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota

I have seen (and heard) the entire video.Very very good.Even some eye has been reddened a bit!

Thanks for the link

jldiazdel
05/21/2021 5:29 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I just read you ..... we are already at home ... I am not yet prepared but my wife if (I will be) she is a supermama .... I thank you for every word that you haveDedicated ... when I wrote I was very nervous and still spend moments of loneliness and tears ..... we started a new life that we did not even imagine ..... I know there are very worse diseases that do not go out.... I wish there wouldn't be ..... I will be here learning everything I can to help my girl .... Thank you

dect2021's profile photo
dect2021
05/21/2021 5:32 p.m.

@dect2021

Many encouragement !!

Support you a lot in your doctors/endocrine.And it is very important that you and your wife support you a lot.Sure that at some point discuss insulin or carbohydrate units that corresponds to it.Have a lot of patience.Now it's time to learn a lot.At first it is very difficult.

You are going to learn how pancreas, the liver, the human body works.The information is vital.Now you are very lost, but in a few months you will see.The more you read and ask the better.

Ask everything you need in the forum and especially your endocrine.

all the best

jldiazdel
05/21/2021 5:41 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@Isabelbota

I have seen (and heard) the entire video.Very very good.Even some eye has been reddened a bit!

Thanks for the link

You're welcome, I have taken it out of the forum.
I found it when I was in the middle of pain and with the glove on my face that did not let me see anything else.
And the truth, it helped me a lot.He is very realistic and hopeful.I'm glad you liked it.😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/21/2021 5:58 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.