{'en': 'Time in range (IRR) and coefficient of diabetes variability', 'es': 'Tiempo en Rango (TIR) y coeficiente de variabilidad de la diabetes'} Image

Time in range (IRR) and coefficient of diabetes variability

Ruthbia's profile photo   07/22/2021 11:06 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
Since the sensors are financed, we talk about coefficient of variability and time in range.

I have chopped curious and I have looked at my data in Libreview, which is where the AGP report that reviews the endos comes to see how we are going.And I have surprised myself because I did not know what values ​​are the "good" so I have searched for them and I have found this that I think is illustrative.

The website Link
diabetes, glycemic variability and time in range

The glycemic variability includes the oscillations in blood glucose levels both in frequency and duration, and include fasting glucose elevations and after meals, as well as episodes of hypoglycemia (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) that occur tolength of the day and in different days.Some patients have greater variability than others and have important differences in the magnitude of these fluctuations with glucosylated hemoglobin values.That is, a person who lives with diabetes can have a glycosylated hemoglobin value relatively in control and still present great variations in their glucose.Why are glucose variations important?In some studies it has been possible to relate with greater increase in diabetes complications.Although glucosylated hemoglobin is used as a diabetes control parameter, it only reflects an average glucose in the last 3 months;But it fails to reflect the glycemic variability or hypoglycemia episodes, particularly in patients with apparent glycosylated hemoglobin control.
There are several ways to measure glycemic variability, one of the most used and accepted is the coefficient of variation.Through the use of continuous glucose monitoring we can obtain the calculation of this.It has been established that a value greater than 36% is the most appropriate threshold to determine greater glycemic variability.The main risk factors for glycemic variability are: age, progressive decrease in pancreas function, the duration of diabetes, deterioration in liver and renal function, and diabetic neuropathy.However, any patient can have important variations of their glucose.Other factors are as follows:

- Use of several drugs
- Failure to comply with treatment
- Food intake with the highest glycemic index
- Irregular time of meals
- Physical inactivity

Another concept that has arisen in recent years is time in range (IRR), which is the percentage of time in which glucose measurements are between 70 and 180 mg/dl obtained by continuous glucose monitoring.The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective be a IRR greater than 70%.This based on some studies, where it has been determined that the decrease in time in rank increases the risk of complications.For example, a 10% decrease in IRR is associated with increase in the risk of retinopathy progression by 64% (diabetes eye damage) and present albuminuria (excretion of albumin by urine) by 40%.Keeping a time in optimal range will help you prevent complications and feel better.Other recommendations are that the time under the range (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) is less than 4% and the time above the range (glucose & GT; 180 mg/dl) less than 25%.It must be considered that these values ​​can change depending on the age, pregnancy or conditions that may put the patient at risk.Therefore, your doctor must establish your goals to achieve proper control of diabetes.It is so important to approach the objectiveof glucosylated hemoglobin (& LT; 7%), such as time in range and coefficient of variation, using the technological tools available today.

My conclusions are that my hemo is fine, 6.4% but I have the TIR and the coefficient of variation badly;So my control is not as good as I thought.

This is one of the reasons why many recommend low car food, PQ greatly decreases glycemic variability.There are even studies in which it is recommended to approach the levels of people without diabetes as much as possible and that they consider that the range of 70 A180 is too broad and advocates not going from 140 or even less, which is quite difficult but of course, ifYou barely eat hydrates, it's somewhat easier.

By the way, how do you see in the sensor the glycemic variability?

It is not seen on the mobile or the reader, it is seen on the web Libreview

And how do you have access to that page?Because I sent the authorization to my endocrine but never.I have visited the page.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/24/2021 1:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see if with so many demands they will create an anguish that harms us more than what benefits us.
With the controlled glucosilada, we already lived calm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2021 3:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
to see if with so many demands they will create an anguish that harms us more than it benefits us.
With the controlled glucosilada, we already lived calm.

I think a little like that, I have never had so many things to look and see has been quite well all this time.
Now it makes me a bit crazy so much control

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/24/2021 12:32 p.m.

@isabelBota, to the web Libreview I enter, I am registered and can access my endocrine, but do not look at the reports, what do I have to do to see them?
From the freestyle if I download the reports, but the truth has never been interested.I am interested in being well, seeing that more or less control and the days I don't know what happens I try not to eat my head much.My hem is at 6.5 -7,3 for many years.I should be lower, but I don't achieve it yet putting a lot
@Regina, to me that creates anguish the fact of so much technology and I feel a little lost.I have been 20 years and my doctor looks at the reports, I did not know how to interpret them, I will guide me now for the FreeLink data and the blood tests.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/24/2021 5:15 p.m.

@Anaisabel
Hello.When you enter the web on the left there is like a phone and next to each other.You give that thing and you already get a screen where you put "glucose reports."You click there and the first thing is AGP where we are talking about.
I got the default data for 14 days, so in the upper right corner, in the three lines next to Libreview, I click and I already changed everything to 90 days.
It is true that we have a lot of information, but the information is never bad.What you have to give is the importance you have.This I looked at him as a curious thing, it is not essential either.As you say, it's about taking care and trying to do things right without obsessing, which we already have enough ... 😋😘

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/24/2021 9:24 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@meginer you discharge with an email, it's www.libreview.com.
The same mail as the one you have in the free app and thus turn the data.
You can also connect Abbott's glucometer and the capillary data passes you.eye!That does not combine data, or gives you those of the app or capillaries.

The platform is configurable.I have data since 2016.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/24/2021 9:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@isabelBota, I already found the reports, now to see if I find the change key to 90 days :)

Anaisabel
07/24/2021 10:44 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@meginer you discharge with an email, it's www.libreview.com.
The same mail as the one you have in the free app and thus turn the data.
You can also connect Abbott's glucometer and the capillary data passes you.eye!That does not combine data, or gives you those of the app or capillaries.

The platform is configurable.I have data since 2016.

But all our data then has them Abbot, is it so?

vanessa30
07/24/2021 11:10 p.m.

Yes of course.They have the data in their cloud.
It is a cloud to which you access your doctors but they always have access.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2021 4:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I didn't know that either, I thought I have to authorize or allow access to my data to whom I consider.

I do not understand very well how the reports are going, but I have already seen the glycemia variability that is in 33% and in time in range 79%.The hemo 6.6.
In the glucometer, glycemia is always greater so I will be to not vary, in about 7:/

Anaisabel
07/26/2021 9:50 p.m.

Of course, we authorize access to endo.But the data is in a cloud owned by Abbot, with what of course, they also have access.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/27/2021 8:49 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

:) Ok

Anaisabel
07/27/2021 9:10 a.m.

We are controlling 😮

vanessa30
07/28/2021 6:19 p.m.

Today my daughter had the first sensor control with the nurse and congratulated her, which was going to take the average example of an example.It doesn't seem so good to me, but the average is 119..
Yes, it helped her to see trends.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2021 8:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina congratulations PQ if what is a very good result

vanessa30
07/28/2021 8:40 p.m.

Well, now he doesn't know whether to change three as the endocrine said.He does not find the moment.But I think it will be better, because the Lantus is a bit short for a few days.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2021 8:44 p.m.

@Eregina cost me a lot to change because I was used to Lantus despite Q to night hypos.
In the end I decided to let myself convince the endocrine and now I would not return to Lantus or crazy

vanessa30
07/28/2021 9:29 p.m.

@Vanessa30, the adjustment took you a long time.?
My daughter is 20 from Lantus and Endo sent her to start with 16 of Tresiba...
Let's see if you decide ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2021 9:46 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
@regina cost me a lot to change because I was accustomed to Lantus despite what towards nocturnal hypos.
In the end I decided to let myself convince the endocrine and now I would not return to Lantus or crazy

I was the same, when I started with Lantus well but after a few years, beastly hypos, of 20, that my husband had to click Glycagon PQ almost unconscious, and less bad that he found out PQ if not, I don't tell it,All at night, so I changed ipsofacto, first toujeo and then threeiba, and with the alarms of the free is a tranquility.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/28/2021 10:13 p.m.

@Regina you will see in a short time I did it because I noticed that at about 7pm it was down.
It was in 1 month at most.
Say that a great change will notice

vanessa30
07/28/2021 10:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.