{'en': 'Time in range (IRR) and coefficient of diabetes variability', 'es': 'Tiempo en Rango (TIR) y coeficiente de variabilidad de la diabetes'} Image

Time in range (IRR) and coefficient of diabetes variability

Ruthbia's profile photo   07/22/2021 11:06 a.m.

Since the sensors are financed, we talk about coefficient of variability and time in range.

I have chopped curious and I have looked at my data in Libreview, which is where the AGP report that reviews the endos comes to see how we are going.And I have surprised myself because I did not know what values ​​are the "good" so I have searched for them and I have found this that I think is illustrative.

diabetes, glycemic variability and time in range

The glycemic variability includes the oscillations in blood glucose levels both in frequency and duration, and include fasting glucose elevations and after meals, as well as episodes of hypoglycemia (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) that occur tolength of the day and in different days.

Some patients have greater variability than others and have important differences in the magnitude of these fluctuations with glucosylated hemoglobin values.

That is, a person who lives with diabetes can have a glycosylated hemoglobin value relatively in control and still present great variations in their glucose.

Why are glucose variations important?

In some studies it has been possible to relate with greater increase in diabetes complications.Although glucosylated hemoglobin is used as a diabetes control parameter, it only reflects an average glucose in the last 3 months;But it fails to reflect the glycemic variability or hypoglycemia episodes, particularly in patients with apparent glycosylated hemoglobin control.

There are several ways to measure glycemic variability, one of the most used and accepted is the coefficient of variation.Through the use of continuous glucose monitoring we can obtain the calculation of this.

It has been established that a value greater than 36% is the most appropriate threshold to determine greater glycemic variability.

The main risk factors for glycemic variability are: age, progressive decrease in pancreas function, the duration of diabetes, deterioration in liver and renal function, and diabetic neuropathy.However, any patient can have important variations of their glucose.Other factors are as follows:

- Use of several drugs
- Failure to comply with treatment
- Food intake with the highest glycemic index
- Irregular time of meals
- Physical inactivity

Another concept that has arisen in recent years is time in range (IRR), which is the percentage of time in which glucose measurements are between 70 and 180 mg/dl obtained by continuous glucose monitoring.The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective be a IRR greater than 70%.

This based on some studies, where it has been determined that the decrease in time in rank increases the risk of complications.For example, a 10% decrease in IRR is associated with increase in the risk of retinopathy progression by 64% (diabetes eye damage) and present albuminuria (excretion of albumin by urine) by 40%.

Keeping a time in optimal range will help you prevent complications and feel better.Other recommendations are that the time under the range (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) is less than 4% and the time above the range (glucose & GT; 180 mg/dl) less than 25%.It must be considered that these values ​​can change depending on the age, pregnancy or conditions that may put the patient at risk.

Therefore, your doctor must establish your goals to achieve proper control of diabetes.It is so important to approach the objective of glucosylated hemoglobin (& LT; 7%), such as time in range and coefficient of variation, using the technological tools available today.

My conclusions are that my hemo is fine,6.4% but I am badly and the coefficient of variation;So my control is not as good as I thought.

The website Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/22/2021 11:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks @ruthbia.It is very interesting.I have also put to review the reports in Libreview.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/22/2021 11:47 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

That's how it is ,

For example, removing that I have been crazy, I am getting> 80% of IRR and my variability is 15%.

I get a hem of 7.5% and I have to go down but the other values ​​seem good to me.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/22/2021 11:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ruthbia said:
Since the sensors are financed, we talk about coefficient of variability and time in range.

I have chopped curious and I have looked at my data in Libreview, which is where the AGP report that reviews the endos comes to see how we are going.And I have surprised myself because I did not know what values ​​are the "good" so I have searched for them and I have found this that I think is illustrative.

The website Link

The glycemic variability includes the oscillations in blood glucose levels both in frequency and duration, and include fasting glucose elevations and after meals, as well as episodes of hypoglycemia (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) that occur tolength of the day and in different days.Some patients have greater variability than others and have important differences in the magnitude of these fluctuations with glucosylated hemoglobin values.That is, a person who lives with diabetes can have a glycosylated hemoglobin value relatively in control and still present great variations in their glucose.Why are glucose variations important?In some studies it has been possible to relate with greater increase in diabetes complications.Although glucosylated hemoglobin is used as a diabetes control parameter, it only reflects an average glucose in the last 3 months;But it fails to reflect the glycemic variability or hypoglycemia episodes, particularly in patients with apparent glycosylated hemoglobin control.
There are several ways to measure glycemic variability, one of the most used and accepted is the coefficient of variation.Through the use of continuous glucose monitoring we can obtain the calculation of this.It has been established that a value greater than 36% is the most appropriate threshold to determine greater glycemic variability.The main risk factors for glycemic variability are: age, progressive decrease in pancreas function, the duration of diabetes, deterioration in liver and renal function, and diabetic neuropathy.However, any patient can have important variations of their glucose.Other factors are as follows:

- Use of several drugs
- Physical inactivity

Another concept that has arisen in recent years is time in range (IRR), which is the percentage of time in which glucose measurements are between 70 and 180 mg/dl obtained by continuous glucose monitoring.The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective be a IRR greater than 70%.This based on some studies, where it has been determined that the decrease in time in rank increases the risk of complications.For example, a 10% decrease in IRR is associated with increase in the risk of retinopathy progression by 64% (diabetes eye damage) and present albuminuria (excretion of albumin by urine) by 40%.Keeping a time in optimal range will help you prevent complications and feel better.Other recommendations are that the time under the range (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) is less than 4% and the time above the range (glucose & GT; 180 mg/dl) less than 25%.It must be considered that these values ​​can change depending on the age, pregnancy or conditions that may put the patient at risk.Therefore, your doctor must establish your goals to achieve proper control of diabetes.It is so important to approach the objective of glucosylated hemoglobin (& LT; 7%), as to time in range and coefficient of variation, using the toolstechnological currently available.

My conclusions are that my hemo is fine, 6.4% but I have the TIR and the coefficient of variation badly;So my control is not as good as I thought.

The AGP report leaves the last 14 days.Can you expand more days?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/22/2021 12:06 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have already found it, thanks.

isabelbota
07/22/2021 12:11 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

"Ruthbia">

Buaaaaaaaa I don't know anything 😭😭😭😭😭😭

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
07/22/2021 2:04 p.m.

@Ruthbia And do you know which glycemic variability index is considered really well?I don't know if I have lost myself, but I can't find it reference ranges anywhere.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/22/2021 3:12 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
@ruthbia And know what glycemic variability index is really well considered good?I don't know if I have lost myself, but I can't find it reference ranges anywhere.

Puts in Libreview that it must be less than 36%...

isabelbota
07/22/2021 3:22 p.m.

@isabelbota thank you very much.It is true, now that you say it I see it.I am in rank then: Smile:

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/22/2021 3:49 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
"ruthbia" & gt;

The idea is as follows.
Glycosilada is only an average value of 3 months that can be reached in different ways.
Imagine that two people have 6 6, that is, an average of 126 mg/dl.
It is not the same as that average is always between 120 and 130, and that to another that average comes out with results between 40 and 300. The average can be the same but the situation does not.
Since we should be as stable as possible and avoid the peaks, you must look at the glyc, with many peaks and how long we are in correct values ​​or in rank).
I hope I explained

isabelbota
07/22/2021 4:19 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
Andrespmat said:
"ruthbia" & gt;

The idea is as follows.
Glycosilada is only an average value of 3 months that can be reached in different ways.
Imagine that two people have 6 6, that is, an average of 126 mg/dl.
It is not the same as that average is always between 120 and 130, and that to another that average comes out with results between 40 and 300. The average can be the same but the situation does not.
Since we should be as stable as possible and avoid the peaks, you must look at the glyc, with many peaks and how long we are in correct values ​​or in rank).
I hope I have explained to me

You explain perfectly, I am not knowing, but if @isabelbota something and caught !!
Greetings 👋

andrespmat
07/22/2021 5:07 p.m.

You explain perfectly, I am not knowing, but if @isabelbota something and caught !!
Greetings 👋

Yes, ... that we are fucking companion: D: D: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/22/2021 5:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Very interesting :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/22/2021 5:24 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

Greetings 👋

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat
07/22/2021 6:18 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

Greetings 👋

Nor so fucked companion, see what times

andrespmat
07/22/2021 6:40 p.m.

@Ruthbia Jolin Thanks for the info, I have to investigate the free.
The years ignoring so many data

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/22/2021 7:22 p.m.

Do not believe the AGP is new, I use Libreview years ago and before it was.Since the end of 2020 I have begun to see it.

The IRR also comes out in the app, like glyc, what does not calculate is the coefficient of variability.

My pull is always very bad, I always touch 2 or 3 sensors of those who put the 3 days until it tells you that the sensor must change it because it does not work.I haven't seen a reliable for months.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/22/2021 9:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

The website Link

The glycemic variability includes the oscillations in blood glucose levels both in frequency and duration, and include fasting glucose elevations and after meals, as well as episodes of hypoglycemia (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) that occur tolength of the day and in different days.Some patients have greater variability than others and have important differences in the magnitude of these fluctuations with glucosylated hemoglobin values.That is, a person who lives with diabetes can have a glycosylated hemoglobin value relatively in control and still present great variations in their glucose.Why are glucose variations important?In some studies it has been possible to relate with greater increase in diabetes complications.Although glucosylated hemoglobin is used as a diabetes control parameter, it only reflects an average glucose in the last 3 months;But it fails to reflect the glycemic variability or hypoglycemia episodes, particularly in patients with apparent glycosylated hemoglobin control.
There are several ways to measure glycemic variability, one of the most used and accepted is the coefficient of variation.Through the use of continuous glucose monitoring we can obtain the calculation of this.It has been established that a value greater than 36% is the most appropriate threshold to determine greater glycemic variability.The main risk factors for glycemic variability are: age, progressive decrease in pancreas function, the duration of diabetes, deterioration in liver and renal function, and diabetic neuropathy.However, any patient can have important variations of their glucose.Other factors are as follows:

- Use of several drugs
- Physical inactivity

Another concept that has arisen in recent years is time in range (IRR), which is the percentage of time in which glucose measurements are between 70 and 180 mg/dl obtained by continuous glucose monitoring.The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective be a IRR greater than 70%.This based on some studies, where it has been determined that the decrease in time in rank increases the risk of complications.For example, a 10% decrease in IRR is associated with increase in the risk of retinopathy progression by 64% (diabetes eye damage) and present albuminuria (excretion of albumin by urine) by 40%.Keeping a time in optimal range will help you prevent complications and feel better.Other recommendations are that the time under the range (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) is less than 4% and the time above the range (glucose & GT; 180 mg/dl) less than 25%.It must be considered that these values ​​can change depending on the age, pregnancy or conditions that may put the patient at risk.Therefore, your doctor must establish your goals to achieve proper control of diabetes.It is so important to approach the objective of glucosylated hemoglobin (& LT; 7%), as to time in range and coefficient of variation, using the toolstechnological currently available.

My conclusions are that my hemo is fine, 6.4% but I have the TIR and the coefficient of variation badly;So my control is not as good as I thought.

This is one of the reasons why many recommend low car food, PQ greatly decreases glycemic variability.There are even studies in which it is recommended to approach the levels of people without diabetes as much as possible and that they consider that the range of 70 A180 is too broad and advocates not going from 140 or even less, which is quite difficult but of course, ifYou just eat hydrates, it's somewhat easier.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/23/2021 8:46 p.m.

meginer said:
ruthbia said:

The website Link

- Use of several drugs
- Physical inactivity

Another concept that has arisen in recent years is time in range (IRR), which is the percentage of time in which glucose measurements are between 70 and 180 mg/dl obtained by continuous glucose monitoring.The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective be a IRR greater than 70%.This based on some studies, where it has been determined that the decrease in time in rank increases the risk of complications.For example, a 10% decrease in IRR is associated with increase in the risk of retinopathy progression by 64% (diabetes eye damage) and present albuminuria (excretion of albumin by urine) by 40%.Keeping a time in optimal range will help you prevent complications and feel better.Other recommendations are that the time under the range (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) is less than 4% and the time above the range (glucose & GT; 180 mg/dl) less than 25%.It must be considered that these values ​​can change depending on the age, pregnancy or conditions that may put the patient at risk.Therefore, your doctor must establish your goals to achieve proper control of diabetes.It is so important to approach the objective of glucosylated hemoglobin (& LT; 7%), as to those of time in rank and coefficientof variation, using the technological tools available today.

This is one of the reasons why many recommend low car food, PQ greatly decreases glycemic variability.There are even studies in which it is recommended to approach the levels of people without diabetes as much as possible and that they consider that the range of 70 A180 is too broad and advocates not going from 140 or even less, which is quite difficult but of course, ifYou barely eat hydrates, it's somewhat easier.

By the way, how do you see in the sensor the glymic variability?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/23/2021 8:49 p.m.

meginer said:
meginer said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
since the sensors are financed, we talk about coefficient ofvariability and time in range.

The website Link

- Use of several drugs
- Physical inactivity

Another concept that has arisen in recent years is time in range (IRR), which is the percentage of time in which glucose measurements are between 70 and 180 mg/dl obtained by continuous glucose monitoring.The American Diabetes Association recommends that the objective be a IRR greater than 70%.This based on some studies, where it has been determined that the decrease in time in rank increases the risk of complications.For example, a 10% decrease in IRR is associated with increase in the risk of retinopathy progression by 64% (diabetes eye damage) and present albuminuria (excretion of albumin by urine) by 40%.Keeping a time in optimal range will help you prevent complications and feel better.Other recommendations are that the time under the range (glucose & lt; 70 mg/dl) is less than 4% and the time above the range (glucose & GT; 180 mg/dl) less than 25%.It must be considered that these values ​​can change depending on the age, pregnancy or conditions that may put the patient at risk.Therefore, your doctor must establish your goals to achieve proper control of diabetes.It is so important to approach the objective of glucosylated hemoglobin (& lt; 7%), such asto those of time in rank and coefficient of variation, using the technological tools available today.

This is one of the reasons why many recommend low car food, PQ greatly decreases glycemic variability.There are even studies in which it is recommended to approach the levels of people without diabetes as much as possible and that they consider that the range of 70 A180 is too broad and advocates not going from 140 or even less, which is quite difficult but of course, ifYou barely eat hydrates, it's somewhat easier.

By the way, how do you see in the sensor the glycemic variability?

It is not seen on the mobile or the reader, it is seen on the Web LiberView

isabelbota
07/24/2021 12:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.