Mess with breakfast

meginer's profile photo   08/03/2021 10:59 p.m.

I am going to expose my situation to see what you think, I have ever commented but I have not just understood the situation well.
When breakfast (40 g of whole wheat bread and a decaffeinated with milk), about 10.30 (breakfast at work and before, about 7.30 I take only an infusion), it happens to me that before breakfast I am around 80, I put myselfHumalog 5-6 UI, and supposedly has the maximum action peak at two hours or two and a half hours, well, when the blood glucose begins to raise it is precisely at that time, at two hours, and when three hours passand a half begins to go down to beast.I have tried to put the quick tour before, and yes, the peak decreases a little but not much and also a few days, waiting for an hour for breakfast, it has given me a hiccup although mild.
The funny thing is that when three hours go by that begins to go down a lot, so much that I have hiccups up to 45 even at noon.This only happens to me at breakfast and not in the rest of the meals.
Humalog seems to go crazy or rather, it takes effect later (the maximum action) and that action persists up to four hits and then measured.The truth is that I don't know, if another insulin is better or what.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/03/2021 10:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@maginer, it seems that you digest breakfast before the Humalog acts.
Maybe if you add protein to bread and butter, you delay it ... or a lot of ham?
The Fiasp can also do well, although I don't know that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/04/2021 3:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It also happens to me, but I with Novorapid.

My solution, put the insulin and when I see the arrow with a descending trend, breakfast.Thus I make the insulin action curve coincide with food absorption.It usually works.

Even so, there are days that I do not realize and I have hypos or the damn hormones make glycemia at 3 hours or move with an atrocious hunger.If I get more insulin and breakfast, I end up at hiccum at two hours.It is as if insulin will be reserved for later and adds with the response.

I have asked the endocrine and looks at me with the face that I am silly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/04/2021 2:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
It also happens to me, but I with novorapid.

My solution, put the insulin and when I see the arrow with a descending trend, breakfast.Thus I make the insulin action curve coincide with food absorption.It usually works.

Even so, there are days that I do not realize and I have hypos or the damn hormones make glycemia at 3 hours or move with an atrocious hunger.If I get more insulin and breakfast, I end up at hiccum at two hours.It is as if insulin will be reserved for later and adds with the response.

I have asked the endocrine and looks at me with a face that I'm dumb.

Already, I do that too, sometimes it works and sometimes not.The problem is that at work I cannot say now breakfast and now not, I have my half an hour of rest for it so that outside of that time I cannot go to breakfast.I try to put it an hour before or so, the story is that I am at the best in 75 or 80 and it gives me a thing that gives me a hypo while I wait for the time to be so at the limit.But even at that levels later I get a lot.I am thinking of not having breakfast bread ... but that they are practically the only hydrates that as in the day, together with a piece of fruit.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/04/2021 8:25 p.m.

@meginer The same other option would be to use FIASP.ME HUMALOG has a fair effect at the 45min that blocks me a lot with the peak of food.

marine's profile photo
marine
08/04/2021 10:31 p.m.

@meginer, I bought a protein bread for the diet that I have started and has very few hydrates, try to see how you are doing.In the hypercor, but I have also seen them on the web.

The endocrine that takes me the regime (which is not the one that manages the diabetes) that does not put me insulin, but I need insulin, that if, less instead of 6 units, I put 2 units.But it also peaks me if I don't put the insulin before.

Probe Fiasp but I am not doing well;It took me the same as Novorapid, I needed more units and lasts less.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/05/2021 10:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@meginer

I know that we don't like to see big spikes in the sensor, but maybe you have nothing to change.Simply assimilate that bread very quickly: they are 4 rations !!And insulin has a hard time doing its effect.But he does it in the end.
My endocrine does not worry much those mountain type graphics, as long as it goes down to two / three hours as is your case.The important thing is that you return to normal levels.In fact sometimes you get more.

On other topics, you take more bread at a breakfast than me in a whole week.But I know when one breakfast outside it is very difficult to take a piece of fruit or a natural yogurt.Maybe they don't even have.
Well in any case, if glycemia goes down even at three o'clock, then everything is fine.Although one would like to have more flat graphics and I understand you.
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/05/2021 10:30 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@meginer

I know that we don't like to see big spikes in the sensor, but maybe you have nothing to change.Simply assimilate that bread very quickly: they are 4 rations !!And insulin has a hard time doing its effect.But he does it in the end.
My endocrine does not worry much those mountain type graphics, as long as it goes down to two / three hours as is your case.The important thing is that you return to normal levels.In fact sometimes you get more.

On other topics, you take more bread at a breakfast than me in a whole week.But I know when one breakfast outside it is very difficult to take a piece of fruit or a natural yogurt.Maybe they don't even have.
Well in any case, if glycemia goes down even at three o'clock, then everything is fine.Although one would like to have more flat graphics and I understand you.
GREETING

There are not four portions, there are two !!, there are 40 g of bread, that's not much, I think, in fact my endocrine told me 60-80 g but I have reduced it, I put 7 IU PQ at breakfast isDouble.
Apart, for that and said with all respect, I do not agree with your endocrine.I am also a doctor and I suppose that she will know that since time ago, not the gly the only important thing but the coefficient of glycemic variation, that is, with the same gycy that it is good, if you have a large variation, of many peaks,Uploads and descents, it is better to have a small variability, that the curve is not of peaks and valleys but as flat as possible, it is obviously not easy but it can be achieved, approximate as much as possible to a non -diabetic pte, in fact I limitMy consumption of hydrates more or less I get less with breakfast.It has been demonstrated that not only glying but above all that glucemic variation is the most important thing to prevent future complications associated with DB, and for people like me, I carry almost 40 A and that I already have some things, it is fundamental.
It is also that when it starts to go down it is that, at three h!, And I am in 220 at the three h of breakfast!I think it's too much.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 11:26 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@meginer, I bought a protein bread for the diet that I have started and has very few hydrates, try to see how it is going.In the hypercor, but I have also seen them on the web.

The endocrine that takes me the regime (which is not the one that manages the diabetes) that does not put me insulin, but I need insulin, that if, less instead of 6 units, I put 2 units.But it also peaks me if I don't put the insulin before.

Probe Fiasp but I am not doing well;It took me the same as novorapid, I needed more units and lasts less.

Today I was at 115 before breakfast, I have put the insulin hour and a half before and it has been the same until the past hour and fourth, it seems that I have calculated it well for Cdo I touched the breakfast cap, to see today how the suchPeak two hours later.
Thank you for the bread, what happens is that I have breakfast in the work in the work in the work because I get up at 6 and at that time I do not eat at home, I take an infusion and then breakfast at 10.Bread that I take is integral. And I have seen it and that 70 p one hundred integral wheat but well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 11:32 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
@meginer

GREETING

I also believe that, it is not that the bread was digested very soon but quite the opposite.It is absorbed late, and therefore the glycemia takes late when almost the peak of insulin action has no effect or has little, the only thing that occurs is to me is enough to advance insulin injection.
Changing Fiasp does not convince me because it is an ultra -stroke insulin, it will take effect immediately and it can give me hiccups since I am fine, and then the effect ends before, which is when I am supposed to be higher.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 12:50 p.m.

I tell you because I don't know what to think.Today I have put the Humalog an hour and a half before breakfast as I have told you, having before the.Injection 115. Well these are the results, madness
1. Begins to climb the beast with super steep curve at 50 min after breakfast.
2. Maximum glycemia peak at two and a quarter of breakfast, 290 !!
3. At three o'

Given this I don't know what to think, I really am approximately one week from the rule, but then the rest of the day from the hour after lunch I am fine, even with a tendency to be low with what the basal is fine, pqI also lift myself well.I upload the fast at breakfast?Another thing that gives me what to think is that if the breakfast peak gives me so lateOtherwise, that is, delay the injection so that the peak of the action of insulin (supposedly at the hour and a half), coincides with the postprandial peak, that is, as an hour after breakfast?.
It is that today it has been disastrous, it always gives me peak but not so much and so high is the first time I wear it so long.
I feel the roll, but this is trial error test ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 6:37 p.m.

meginer said:
jldiazdel said:
@meginer

GREETING

There are not four portions, there are two !!, there are 40 g of bread, that's not much, I think, in fact my endocrine told me 60-80 g but I have reduced it, I put 7 IU PQ at breakfast isDouble.
Apart, for that and said with all respect, I do not agree with your endocrine.I am also a doctor and I suppose that she will know that since time ago, not the gly the only important thing but the coefficient of glycemic variation, that is, with the same gycy that it is good, if you have a large variation, of many peaks,Uploads and descents, it is better to have a small variability, that the curve is not of peaks and valleys but as flat as possible, it is obviously not easy but it can be achieved, approximate as much as possible to a non -diabetic pte, in fact I limitMy consumption of hydrates more or less I get less with breakfast.It has been demonstrated that not only glying but above all that glucemic variation is the most important thing to prevent future complications associated with DB, and for people like me, I carry almost 40 A and that I already have some things, it is fundamental.
It is also that when it starts to go down it is that, at three h!, And I am in 220 at the three h of breakfast!I think it's too much.

I mean this is a traca you come as any ignorant of the subject like us and someone who tries to help you "loose" that its endocrine does not have npi and that you are a doctor and that you know more than anyone, every day he hallucinate more with this forum

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/05/2021 9:02 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
meginer said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
@meginer

GREETING

I mean this is a traca you are asking as any ignorant of the subject like us and someone who tries to help you "loose" that its endocrine has no npi and that you are a doctor and that you know more than anyone else, every day he halls up more with this forum

I do not know where you get that conclusion, I don't know more than anyone, so he asked about experiences of people who have lived similar situations, the only thing I say is that it is important not to have so much glycemic variation and not only the value of glyd,But that is not because I know more than anyone, many of here know it and are not toilets, I already tell you that I read my eat and I think it is pretentious not that presumably, I think you get very wrong conclusions, I have neverGone I knew I will not even, I know things for my profession but I also have many doubts and in diabetes not everything is so clear many times.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 9:19 p.m.

@meginer, test with Fiasp.You will have to adjust the dose, which will take time, but you do not lose anything.
I only use breakfast.It does not act immediately, but the peak I had before has disappeared.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/05/2021 10:07 p.m.

anaisabel said:
@meginer, test with fiasp.You will have to adjust the dose, which will take time, but you do not lose anything.
I only use breakfast.It does not act immediately, but the peak I had before has disappeared.

Ok, will I try, you only use it for breakfast?, And the equivalence in units is the same that eg humalog? Do you put it just before breakfast or wait if you are fair?Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 10:12 p.m.

@meginer, what slow insulin do you use?
I am amazed with the Tresiba, how flat it is and how it acts with breakfast and meals.It is in rank all the time, without hypos.
The slow long also helps avoid peaks, it shows a lot at breakfast.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2021 10:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I use less dose than with Novorapid, if before for breakfast I put 6 now I need 3. I also breakfast bread or cookies with butter and jam normally, I know it is not the perfect breakfast, but I will not change it.The rest of the day as quite well.
Insulin always put it before breakfast.I get up at 6.30 am many days and I'm not to get up early.I never do it to put the insulin long before eating for me it is a lot of sacrifice and I try to do everything with more normality.But well that are my things.

Anaisabel
08/05/2021 10:21 p.m.

If I only use it at breakfast.I have not tried the rest of the meals.If something is doing well, I don't change it.

Anaisabel
08/05/2021 10:23 p.m.

regina said:
@meginer, what slow insulin do you use?
I am amazed with the Tresiba, how flat it is and how it acts with breakfast and meals.It is in rank all the time, without hypos.
The slow long also helps avoid peaks, it shows a lot at breakfast.

I use that, Tresiba, and I do very well, less at breakfast.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 10:48 p.m.

@Meginer, if the peak of the PAN is at two hours, it is almost when the Humalog acts.
You can try up a unit, and not wait so long, to see ...
Maybe it best suits you some cookies, ... that they go up before.
Or a tortilla skewer or ...
It can't be so difficult ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2021 3:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.