Mess with breakfast

meginer's profile photo   08/03/2021 10:59 p.m.

A few months ago I left the bread, and the truth that the breakfast peaks were drastically reduced.In my particular case, I make a waiting of 20 ’to 25’ and I usually have breakfast 3 portions of HC (250 gr yogurts, 50 gr blueberry and 20 gr of oats).

It is quite satiating.

All the best

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
08/06/2021 7:52 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
I left the bread a few months ago, and the truth that the breakfast peaks were drastically reduced.In my particular case, I make a waiting of 20 ’to 25’ and I usually have breakfast 3 portions of HC (250 gr yogurts, 50 gr blueberry and 20 gr of oats).

It is quite satiating.

GREETING

Yes, I have also thought that if nothing works, but the truth is that the cafelito with the toast and lis companions ... but I will take it into account if nothing works for me.Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/06/2021 8:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I was the same, I love bread, and more if it is of mother dough .. but I was not able to tame those peaks so I had to look for something easier to manage.

I try to keep this breakfast and leave the bread only for special occasions ...

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
08/06/2021 8:28 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@meginer, those episodes as I told you, I also have them.They are hormones.I have it more than proven.
As menstrual, there is no peak at breakfast until you start ovular that the load goes up again and another 2/3 weeks with rare episodes.Always having the same thing: coffee with light soybean drink (without hydrates) and 2 slices of whole wheat bread (2R HC) with a spotted jam without sugars, depending on the day I can get from 4UDs and give myself a hicc as 12 you and beA more than 150 all morning.The usual thing is about 6 units, since I use that bread I put 2 units.

Another option is a coffee with milk and a skewer that is only protein, you could order some scrambled eggs instead of tortilla.

If you change to Fiasp (I have it in the recipe but I do not use it) test with the same thing you use Humalog and then you see.I had to bend the amount of FIASP with respect to Novorapid, the action curve at the breakfast was almost the same, time and peak later;In meals and dinners, well, if it turned out to me quickly.The action time is shorter.In 2 hours there is no insulin in the body, so for meals of long prosecuted it did not serve me, I had to replenish insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2021 8:50 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer, those episodes as I told you, I also have them.They are hormones.I have it more than proven.
As menstrual, there is no peak at breakfast until you start ovular that the load goes up again and another 2/3 weeks with rare episodes.Always having the same thing: coffee with light soybean drink (without hydrates) and 2 slices of whole wheat bread (2R HC) with a spotted jam without sugars, depending on the day I can get from 4UDs and give myself a hicc as 12 you and beA more than 150 all morning.The usual thing is about 6 units, since I use that bread I put 2 units.

Another option is a coffee with milk and a skewer that is only protein, you could order some scrambled eggs instead of tortilla.

If you change to Fiasp (I have it in the recipe but I do not use it) test with the same thing you use Humalog and then you see.I had to bend the amount of FIASP with respect to Novorapid, the action curve at the breakfast was almost the same, time and peak later;In meals and dinners, well, if it turned out to me quickly.The action time is shorter.In 2 hours there is no insulin in the body, so for meals of long prosecuted it did not serve me, I had to replenish insulin.

Yes, I know, Ruthbia, the hormonal theme also greatly influenceFrom breakfast, that is, an hour after the injection, it has started to go down, now Esruyy at 100, we will have to see at two hours if it does not peak.
I have prescribed the fiasp for trying it, I'll see, thank you all.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/06/2021 11:49 a.m.

@meginer

Sorry if they are 2 portions, but 40 gr of bread at breakfast are quite quite.They overcome my weekly bread dose.

Unless you then give you a good one -hour walk.But I imagine you then return to work and sit.

Those fast carbohydrates that your body does not need accumulate in fat as you know very well.

I think that before changing insulinas you should change your breakfast.

Ah, my doctor knows perfectly with glucose variability, she is a teacher at Endocrinology.And thanks to it my variability is very low, I have a variation coefficient of 20% and a standard deviation respects the average (117 mg) of 24 mg.

That is why he knows that up and downs are inevitable.She is very concerned about hypoglycemia and in fact it always marks me in red in the daily graphics of the Dexcom sensor all descents.She receives my daily graphics every 3 months and we study them together.And the hypos worry a lot.The peaks if they are short or so much, since I have very low variability.But for that my meals are very low in fast carbohydrates.

I think you should change your breakfast.Every day 40 gr of bread in the morning seems a lot.But well, if you like it ... I don't say anything.

Good weekend

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/07/2021 4:34 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@meginer

Sorry if they are 2 portions, but 40 gr of bread at breakfast are quite quite.They overcome my weekly bread dose.

Unless you then give you a good one -hour walk.But I imagine you then return to work and sit.

Those fast carbohydrates that your body does not need accumulate in fat as you know very well.

Ah, my doctor knows perfectly with glucose variability, she is a teacher at Endocrinology.And thanks to it my variability is very low, I have a variation coefficient of 20% and a standard deviation respects the average (117 mg) of 24 mg.

That is why he knows that up and downs are inevitable.She is very concerned about hypoglycemia and in fact it always marks me in red in the daily graphics of the Dexcom sensor all descents.She receives my daily graphics every 3 months and we study them together.And the hypos worry a lot.The peaks if they are short or so much, since I have very low variability.But for that my meals are very low in fast carbohydrates.

I think you should change your breakfast.Every day 40 gr of bread in the morning seems a lot.But well, if you like it ... I don't say anything.

Good weekend

I have also thought about it, I will study it, you know what happens?, That from the less fourth who would have to have breakfast at home, until the 4th lunch, it is many hours and I do not know if I would endure only with a fruit in mid -morning eg., or a yogurt.
I'm glad you have little variability, I have enough during the morning with bread but I have not changed because it is also a hormonal issue, those rises as fat give me as 10 before the rule.
But I will take it into account, anyway, I want to try FIASP PQ if the effect is really immediate, it would be good according to what time.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/07/2021 6:53 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@meginer

Good weekend

Do you think about 40 g of bread?Well, the endocrine told me 80 .40 g is a half -toast half, but yes, if you have a very low diet in HC, that does not exceed 100 g per day, it is clear that 40 at breakfast leaves you little margin for therest of the day.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/07/2021 7:05 p.m.

And what breakfast do you take to take?Because except yogurts with nuts or some fruit like strawberries, little I can take to take me to work and that does not require preparation

To me 40gr seems to me misery, breakfast twice normally and like those amounts of bread, then I could already eat the rest of the day but in those two meals I cannot

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/07/2021 7:34 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
and what breakfast do you take what can be carried?Because except yogurts with nuts or some fruit like strawberries, little I can take to take me to work and that does not require preparation

To me 40gr seems to me misery, breakfast twice normally and like those amounts of bread, then I could already eat the rest of the day but in those two meals I cannot

>

And don't get you? How do you do it because it goes up a lot.
Take that is that, fruit, yogurt, little more.The question is to break at home a truly 100 p integral bread (the bar is not), and then in the middle of the morning or something, I don't know .... I think there is little g of bread, but butIt depends on the diet that you do.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/07/2021 7:54 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@meginer, I bought a protein bread for the diet that I have started and has very few hydrates, try to see how it is going.In the hypercor, but I have also seen them on the web.

The endocrine that takes me the regime (which is not the one that manages the diabetes) that does not put me insulin, but I need insulin, that if, less instead of 6 units, I put 2 units.But it also peaks me if I don't put the insulin before.

Probe Fiasp but I am not doing well;It took me the same as novorapid, I needed more units and lasts less.

What is the protein bread you say? What's the name of?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/07/2021 8:15 p.m.

Ah well, I take the bread from home and then I go for a coffee and take a walk.I take at home also also coffee and bread and then at 11 or so also and a yogurt with nuts.I need to eat a lot and me 30-40 gr, what I take is that he knows me at all.Here they put some giant toast and they go fatally because most are white bread with bran so I take it from home.I also take 60% (30gr) and 100% integral (40), but the latter is very dense, I like less.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/07/2021 8:35 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@meginer is a bread that 2 toasted are 3g of HC, € 3.49 in the hypercor:
Multicereal mold and seed bread Franjuba protein bread 85% less carbohydrates with seeds container 500 g.

With my diet, very, very low in hydrates (13g/day) the breakfast is 0g HC of the soybean drink and 3 g of PAN HC.

This bread satisfies a lot and requires insulin in my body, at the moment I put 0 units if I deliver 60 as today, or 1 units if I birth of 90 approx and 2 units if I got up in 120. The peak is lower and if I put myselfInsulin 40min before peak.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/08/2021 12:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I imagine that what @meginer likes is breakfast with his compis in the bar and chat and relax for a while.I understand perfectly.I don't have that option here, and I have to have breakfast at home, and the truth when I go to Spain is very tempting.There are many options and sites.
If you do not have breakfast at home, it is not good for you or you do not feel like it, and you do not want to go to the bar with your breakfast prepared at home, you can try to go down to a panecillo of 20 gr (1 ration) and ask for something else so that you do not stayhungryA little cheese, a cooked egg would be great or a natural yogurt (which although it has some gr of carbohydrates has protein and fat).And try what.
Go testing options for your quality of life not worsen!
I don't have those "temptations" here :)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/08/2021 12:20 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I go for breakfast with my colleagues and what I do is have coffee with them and the rest of the breakfast took it before leaving and without problem.It is that here that of hard eggs, measure the amount of bread to eye ... and that is real integral ... in the bars impossible.

I have tried the protein bread that and I go very well but I hate the taste

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/08/2021 1:07 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

ruthbia said:
@meginer is a bread that 2 toasts are 3g of HC, € 3.49 in the hypercor:
Multicereal mold and seed bread Franjuba protein bread 85% less carbohydrates with seeds container 500 g.

With my diet, very, very low in hydrates (13g/day) the breakfast is 0g HC of the soybean drink and 3 g of PAN HC.

This bread satisfies a lot and requires insulin in my body, at the moment I put 0 units if I deliver 60 as today, or 1 units if I birth of 90 approx and 2 units if I got up in 120. The peak is lower and if I put myselfInsulin 40min before peak.

Can you freeze?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/08/2021 4:07 p.m.

If you can, I had it frozen

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/08/2021 4:26 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

It lasts a lot of months in frigo, which I bought expires in 2022.
The taste or so bad, I take it with sugarless jam.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/08/2021 5:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Let's see, we have 2 fronts:
- Hyperglycemia peaks
- Hypoglycemia

I would do 2 things, before changing insulin:

- First correct hypoglycemia, going down dose of insulin
- Second correct Hiper's peak, lowering the glycemic load and/or advancing the dose of insulin how you have said.

magl's profile photo
magl
08/08/2021 8:50 p.m.

Well, I want to tell you that I tried Fiasp and for the moment I am very happy, I use it especially at breakfast, although I have also used it at the other meals and it has also done well.It begins to make a very fast effect, to me, before 5 minutes and it does not make me peak, the most I have been having after breakfast is 115. At night I think I will continue to put Humalog because it has more time and there is a momentFrom the night, around 3 in the morning, which starts up and I usually get up in 150 or so, I will have to look at the basal although like. You go in the graph, at noon, after about 4 and a half of breakfast, I usuallydownload.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2021 4:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.