They have changed us to Fiasp and hypoglycemia as soon as you start ...

elisa74's profile photo   04/21/2021 10:43 p.m.

Hello, I have written it in another post but I also put it here, today the endocrine has changed the fast insulin (Humalog Junior) to Fiasp because I have told him that he had had allergic reactions on the skin, he told me that he put the same the sameUnits that with Humalog but that the effect was much faster.
Well, I have put it around 9pm when I was going to have dinner, I have put 5u for about 6 portions, and apart from the lantus (9u) as always, at 9pm I had 90 (capillary), ... well 10 minutes ago(22: 30h) He has hit a low to 56 ..... Jolin but if he will still be doing the digestion !!!I don't understand !!I have given an envelope of glucose and 2 cookies and here I am doing time to see how it evolves ...
It is also true that today it has trained from 17; 30 to 7:30 p.m.Middle of dinner !!What have I done wrong?
Thank you !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/21/2021 10:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, I use Fiasp and Humalog and in my case I started putting one unity less of FIASP for more rations of hydrates and I remain the same, one thing to keep in mind is that with Fiasp nothing is expected to start eating, it is to put it and put it andAct

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
04/21/2021 10:53 p.m.

Thank you @diabetika1, because I will try to put one unit less, but do I do it at all meals or only at dinner?.Yes, today I punctured him and had the dinner at the table on ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/21/2021 11:12 p.m.

Hello, when my daughter is 90 for me, it has happened to me, it has happened to me to give a strong drop, to 54, so when it has it, it is clicking halfway sometimes it depends on what eats it, then as well as as well asI do the strong descents and it has it perfect I hope I have helped you;)

1985's profile photo
04/22/2021 1:17 a.m.

@Elisa74

Hello ... look at this

Link

marine's profile photo
marine
04/22/2021 8:10 a.m.

Thank you @marine, I have read it this morning and today I have put the insulin at the end of breakfast because I was in 92 when I was going to breakfast, I put 5U (when normal at breakfast put 7 for the same portions), thatIt has been at 8: 50h (prick), well ... at 11: 40h it has been put again in 66 (I have jumped the Diabox alarm), just at that time my son has written to me (I was inthe recess) and he told me that he was not going to have lunch because he was not hungry but that he took a juice because he was low (now he is in 90).
I do not know if you can attach photos to the messages, I would like you to see the graph of today's curve because if I put less than 5U I think it will have more peak ... Then I do not know how to do it so that it does notHave these hypos later .... what a burden !!!
I put the data in writing in case you can help me please:
- 8: 30h (92): Start breakfast (80 gr of whole wheat bread, one with olive oil and salt, and another slice with a little low sugar jam, 1 glass of whole milk)
- 8:50 (93): I click on Fiasp arm 5u
- 9: 30h: I see in Diabox (and Nightscout) that is in 181 , from there begins to lower the curve.
- 11: 40h: It goes down to 66, juice is taken
- 12: 15h: It is in 132 (by juice)
So, if at the time and a half of breakfast is in 181 I understand that it is a good value, right?, but if you get more Fiasp units so that then I do not enter hiccups ... The same is going to me at 200 and peak? ... I don't know if I explain !!
THANK YOU !!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/22/2021 12:24 p.m.

1985 said:

Thank you, I have done that this morning but it has happened to me again ... I don't know how to do it well ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/22/2021 12:26 p.m.

I think that breakfast is a mistake, too much bread, too many HCS replaces one of the fruit toast or some ham or ham slices, you will have less peak and lengthened time until it starts going down, then in mid -morning according to the activity it isNormal to take a juice. Ohh .. Show yourself from whole wheat bread to me it rises more than normal, since it usually does not go from 30% and as a bitter is added sugar, the 100% integral without addition, this very bad and is very very verydense a slicing can be 200 gr

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/22/2021 12:37 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

You have to think that he is a child, who eats what he wants, always having HC accounts, values, etc.For me, in a child, breakfast is perfect.
Put the insulin before starting breakfast.Put it down and you will adjust.
It always costs a bit to adapt to a new insulin.Another option would be Novorapid.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/22/2021 1:14 p.m.

@Elisa74 The postpandral value in 180 let's say that the ideal stop ... I get up to 220 and well here I ...

What you have to do, is from the moment the insulin begins to upload to him and when the best solution is: Smile: Smile:

-Bow the dose of insulin and change the time to prick or change the injection zone.

You also have to keep in mind that another option can be reduced by the basal.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/22/2021 1:23 p.m.

Hello @alberto_13, the breakfast is the one that marked the endocrine, if it is true that the jam is my crop but since I give it to him that guy has good breakfast, I will try a toast with ham instead of theJam to see ... (although still tells me to eat it ... haha)
@Anaisabel What gives me "fear" is to download more you and then the beak goes much more up, but well we will have to try, there is no other ...
@Marine, yes, I understand that 180 is fine, what I wanted to say is that if you under a more equal one instead of 180 you leave much more ... but I will have to check it.I do not know how to detect when insulin begins to take effect, that is, I look at the curve and the logical thing is to think that it begins to take effect when the curve lowers, but maybe it is already taking effect even if the curve is uploading ..No ?.. I don't know if I explain.:(
I have also thought about the basal, the same today I downloaded 1 you to see .... what a mother, my mother !!I have found out that I can put images, I put the graph of this morning's curve to see what you deduce ,,, the red point of 8:30 am when it has started breakfast, and that of 5u is when I have punctured it.Thank you all !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/22/2021 1:58 p.m.

@Elisa74

You have to verify which is the durability ratio of the FIASP, but if I am wrong, that is, that the basal is influencing it more since that is the one in charge of the postpandrial levels.

Go little by little and do not change several things in one day, to be clear that parameter you have to modify or not.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/22/2021 2:56 p.m.

marine said:
@elisa74

You have to verify which is the durability ratio of the FIASP, but if I am wrong, that is, that the basal is influencing it more since that is the one in charge of the postpandrial levels.

Go little by little and do not change several things in one day, to be clear that parameter you have to modify or not.

Thank you @marine, yes, tonight I'm going to download 1 you lantus, a friend has told me that her daughter is also diabetic that the change of insulin has been joined that she is entering the honeymoon ...

Tomorrow I tell you how to evolve, thank you very much for your help !!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/22/2021 4:08 p.m.

@Elisa74

I think that breakfast has many ch very fast.Some more protein or fat would make it very well so that I am not hungry when breakfast.The bread has oil and that is fine.Do you like French omelette?Do you like yogurt instead of the glass of milk?Do you like cheese?The ham?I do not say that you take off your rations.But add some protein and fat.It will take away the hunger longer.

That is regardless of taking the factor to the new insulin.Don't worry about the peaks.The most important thing is to be temporary and that at two-three hours are in their range.I don't look at the sensor after a meal so far.If the alarm does not sound, I don't look at it.In fact, I have once kill her for putting corrections when it did not correspond.You have to have patience and let the CHs are assimilated and insulin takes effect.And if it is high, you have the sensor.A capillary check is made, the sensor has error and it is important to make sure, and if it really takes a correction.But you have to avoid hypos.The body gets used.

If that fast insulin does not work well, you have novorapid.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/22/2021 4:10 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Elisa74

The honeymoon is a temporary period that begins at the time debated.It is that I call the "pancreas escurriura" come on ... how little I can do in case to support.

This translates into a more bearable control and less need for insulin.

On the other hand, more than one person on the forum I have read that the Lantus gave him problems and was to change to Toujeo/Tresiba and much better.It is another thing that you should assess whether to adjust the basal gives you many problems.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/22/2021 4:23 p.m.

Thank you @jldiazdel, yes, the cheese loves it, serrano ham etc ... the tortilla for breakfast will not love it for sure, I will try to remove the jam and put more protein/fat, and maybe a dagger of nuts ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/22/2021 6:23 p.m.

In any case, ask yourself before.
That he chooses.
It is your breakfast and it is a very important meal.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/22/2021 6:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel totally agree to vary the HC and put fat and protein
@Elisa74 You have tried fruit tortilla fruit, the one you like, according to the IG you give more or less quantity, really now with the good weather you want and it is necessary, fiber vitamins, antioxidants, etc, etc, etc, I would never have taken itFor breakfast and now I can't pass without it and I manage

Alberto_13
04/22/2021 6:58 p.m.

Do not touch the slow one, you just have one day with the FIASP, you have to give time to the changes.
Well, I'm still in my thirteen, he is a child who eats what he wants for breakfast, time will have to be with proteins and fats !!!I have enough years and I hardly take them into account.
Anyway, it's my humble opinion, I don't want to bother anyone.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/22/2021 9:27 p.m.

@Anaisabel is a child you do not have a traffic light, you will learn, it has time ...

Alberto_13
04/22/2021 9:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.