They have changed us to Fiasp and hypoglycemia as soon as you start ...

elisa74's profile photo   04/21/2021 10:43 p.m.

Hello good, my name is Fran, I will tell you the system that we are following with my 10 -year -old daughter to avoid the disgusting peak of breakfast that had me super overwhelmed (by the way we follow it in all meals and it is working quite well).We use Umalog Junior and what we do is the following: (Always starting from the fact that we have well -adjusted ratios and rations too)
Suppose we get up with 90, she has breakfast 4.5 r.4 of bread (I am baker) and a half of Colacao.The insulin that corresponds to it is placed, in its case 8U we expect about 5 to 10 minutes and 3 R is taken.The ration and a half that he lacks to take is taken to school.What happens that as it has a lot of insulin, the peak does it between 120 and 160 (for these things that the diabetes has that taking the same does not always do the same, but well) I continue, the alarm for low we have been put 95 so when whenIt has 95 takes the ration and a half that we have in the bedroom with what we end up going around the descent and being more or less balanced and with a fairly good average.It has in the last glycosylated 6.0 and lowering an average of 103 in three months and about 90% of the time within the range.
She debuted in January 2020.
Anyway I hope I explained, but if you have any questions, here I am.

fjga's profile photo
fjga
04/25/2021 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

fjga's profile photo
fjga
04/25/2021 9:01 p.m.

@fjga thanks Fran, you carry great values, we were using Humalog Junior and we were happy, but it has been the change to Fiasp that has gotten a bit out of us, yesterday the food well but the regular night, today the fatal snack... in the end, little by little, tomorrow I have a telephone appointment with the educator to see what she tells me ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 11:14 p.m.

@Elisa74, I use Fiasp and sometimes Humalog Junior.The possibility of average unit is very practical.It is something that you can ask your educator.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/26/2021 10:04 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.