They have changed us to Fiasp and hypoglycemia as soon as you start ...

elisa74's profile photo   04/21/2021 10:43 p.m.

@Anaisabel, do not worry, I have sent an email this afternoon to the educator to know that I was going to download the lantus and told me that yes, that I did it, and that tomorrow he will call me to see how the night happened,He is also doing a lot of sport and I think that is also affecting him lately.
Regarding breakfast, haha, do not suffer, either that I never go to breakfast anymore as much as he likes, but it is well to vary and see how he affects his blood glucose to put fruit, or more protein ... I am curiousTo see how it affects it but without forcing it ... of course.Anyway, do not believe that breakfast every day, there are days that he gets up and prefers to wait for lunch at school because he is not hungry, on weekends if he has no games he gets quite late, is very sleepy haha ​​haha, soThat many times is already expected directly to food, with this I mean that maybe in a week you can have breakfast only 3-4 days, so it is not a meal that supposes a great effort if you make any punctual change.. but thank you very much for your concern !!!<3 <3

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/22/2021 11:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, last night I lowered the lantus and has been very stable all night (120 - 85), it has woken up with 88, to see today if it remains the same, regarding blood glucose after meals, we still do not attempt at all,Today it has been put at 60 at 4:00 p.m. while I was in school, right now I feel quite frustrated, it is as if we had backed up 2 months ago when we left the hospital and I didn't know anything at all, I feel very useless for notKnowing how to control those descents, I know that it takes time but it is as if suddenly I started again from 0. This afternoon it will not go to training because with that instability I do not want it to go, and of course it has been angry because the week that the week that the week thatThey come again with matches and do not want to miss the training ... I have felt very bad because I have felt very limited for this but I think I have done my best ... forgive the roll, I'm really venting .... Today I am very tired, but tomorrow I will look for information on the Internet, or if you know of a book that you can recommend, I need to better understand the "chemical" process or as it is said since we eat a crumb of bread until it reaches our stomach,To the blood ... what exactly happens when we click insulin ... how that insulin is "distributed" by blood, ... I don't know if I explain, I need to understand all that process to better adjust the doses according to whatThat I am going to eat, I can not limit myself only to the number of rations of hydrates and already this ... .. Anyway, tomorrow it will be another day, thanks for reading.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/23/2021 6:23 p.m.

I think you have done very badly not leading him to train, sure that he has raised blood glucose, try not to transmit your frustrations, or having a patient you will be frustrated.to maintain strict glycemia control and forgive me if I am being hard, but I know that there are many people in this forum that we identify with your child

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/23/2021 6:39 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Elisa74

Don't worry ... it's good to relax.What you ask is totally impossible.Even if you read twenty books and calculate with maximum precision carbohydrates etc etc you will make mistakes.It is so.And you have to accept it.That is why the sensor is vital.That will allow you to put corrections.And that will allow you to avoid hypos.

I have a quite acceptable control and calculate the rations very well, I do regular sports etc etc and and there are many days that I have some insulin (to take something) and days that I lack (correction).I think that every day I put the leg once to twice.And there are more days.It is so, and you have to accept it.We are not machines.And in a young boy it is even more complicated by hormones.The important thing is to try to calculate the portions, be on stable nights (that is vital) and eat balanced and play sports.But you have to accept the changes.And to use the sensor it is very important.

I don't know very well because you didn't let him go to his party.If you were afraid of a hypo that it was something high.That's what the sensor is.If I was very tall, I understand it, but explain it to do it.

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/23/2021 6:42 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Get this phrase in the head: P, in diabetes 2 plus 2 are not 4.

You should have let it go to training.When something happens, you act and continue the day.
Hopefully, the days were all the same, but it will not be so.It is hard to say it, but it is so.By doing the same, the results will not be the same.
Today I have celebrated San Jorge, I almost say that not my colleagues (m supposes calculating, eating things that I don't usually, etc) and I have stuck in the end.I have calculated and I have succeeded, but normally I am not successful when I get out of the routine, but nothing happens if it is done badly and that's it.
Encourage @Elisa74 You do well.My mother still does not understand that I cannot eat like the others, also when M diagnosed the disease was 27 years old and my mother is adorable, but I don't know how I would have acted if she had happened as a child, but as you would be perfect.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/23/2021 9:54 p.m.

Thank you, thanks, thanks @Alberto_13, @jldiazdel @anaisabel, for always being there !!I stay with each of your words and advice, you have reason that I had to have let him go to train but he had panic that something happened to him for a hiccthat there is and that I do not worry so much ...
Anyway, I have to accept that not every day will be the same and that we can be wrong, the important thing as you say is to know how to act and correct.Thank you very much for everything, I don't know what I would do without you !!<3

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/23/2021 11:12 p.m.

@Elisa74, I tell you the same as colleagues, at first it is difficult, but you have to lose fear.
It is 60, a juice and a banana, for example, and the game.
If you see that you do not like the fiasp and that you were better with the other quick, put the one you like best.Let your recipe change.You are going to start sending you in all the treatment, because you already know the diabetes of your child better than any doctor, for that you spend the day watching him.
Kisses
And diabetes is that unpredictable, but it is corrected and period, often there is no reason.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/24/2021 4:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you @regina, the problem is that it has given you 3 times as an allergic reaction in the skin with Humalog and that is why it has changed to Fiasp, I did not ask you to change it, I only told it if it prescribed an antihistamine orSomething, but endocrine has preferred to change brand and in that we are ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/24/2021 6:31 a.m.

Well, today we finaletc, I have made one of his favorite dishes ... Rice to the Cuban (with whole rice), with his egg, sausages, tomato ... He has also eaten a salad and a pear.By the way, a friend has left me a book written by Ragnar Hanas called "Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults" and this Phenomenal, I have been reading it all afternoon and I am learning many things.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/24/2021 7:47 p.m.

Excellent!!
My penalty curve from 11.30 to 17.30 as if insulin were water ..... Tomorrow will be another day :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/24/2021 9:49 p.m.

@Elisa74 If you knew the times we are wrong .... It is an unpredictable sickness.
As @anaisabel Alucinarias said with my curves yesterday thanks to the estrogens.To use 6 units, I went to 18 and not dropped from 200 !!!It lasts 2 days, I have already assumed.
The moral is that in the end we are the ones who know our body and our diabetes best, it is proof and error, and thanks to the sensors we can correct with insulin or eat a caprichin before a hypo.

You are doing well and your child has little by little to take command.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/25/2021 12:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

alberto_13 said:

I believe that instead of making this mother feel bad we should do the opposite and put ourselves in her situation a little, that barbarity of comments these reading there, and now I address you Elisa, there are thousands of grapos of Wasap forDiabetes in which you will surely learn a lot if you want you can write to me and do you info, encourage because this is gusts💪💪

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
04/25/2021 12:57 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@elisa74 if you knew the times we are wrong .... it is an unpredictable sickness.
As @anaisabel Alucinarias said with my curves yesterday thanks to the estrogens.To use 6 units, I went to 18 and not dropped from 200 !!!It lasts 2 days, I have already assumed.
The moral is that in the end we are the ones who know our body and our diabetes best, it is proof and error, and thanks to the sensors we can correct with insulin or eat a caprichin before a hypo.

You are doing well and your child has little by little to take command.

If @ruthbia, I have to accept that today can go well and tomorrow doing the same can be different, if not, I'm going crazy ..

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 1:12 a.m.

Don't worry @diabetika1, Alberto says it for good, I didn't feel bad, sometimes protecting children too much does not mean that we do well.I send you a private and tell me more things from those WhatsApp groups !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 1:16 a.m.

@Elisa74, when they do the first glycosilada and see how good it is going, you will be reassuring yourself.In spite of day -to -day instability, good glycosilada can be achieved and that is the important thing.
With an average glucose of 120 or 130 you will already have a 6 or 6.5 glyce, which is very good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/25/2021 4:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

diabetika1 said:
alberto_13 said:

I believe that instead of making this mother feel bad we should do the opposite and put ourselves in her situation a little, that barbarity of comments these reading there, and now I address you Elisa, there are thousands of grapos of Wasap forDiabetes in which you will surely learn a lot if you want you can write to me and do you info, encourage you because this are gusts💪💪

I regret that you think like that, but I believe that the people who come to this forum do not come to tell him what they wantHe has praised and when he has done something wrong he has made known and I think these are the reasons for the success of this forum

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/25/2021 9:20 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

elisa74 said:
don't worry @diabetika1, Alberto says it for good, I didn't feel bad, sometimes protecting children too much does not mean that we do well.I send you a private and tell me more things from those WhatsApp groups !!

Nobody says that I do not say it for your good, but all of us here know how difficult this is at the beginning and the constancy that requires to listen to some things that can lower your mood

ALBERTO_13 said:
ALBERT_13 said:

I believe that instead of making this mother feel bad we should do the opposite and put ourselves in her situation a little, that barbarity of comments these reading there, and now I address you Elisa, there are thousands of grapos of Wasap forDiabetes in which you will surely learn a lot if you want you can write to me and do you info, encourage you because this are gusts💪💪

I regret that you think like that, but I believe that the people who come to this forum do not come to tell him what they wantHe has praised and when he has done something wrong he has made him known and I think these are the reasons for the success of this forum

Well, I feel that the limits but if I think so, when you debuts you are made a mess completely and sincerely I believe that this woman is doing it 10 to take so little time from her son's debut, so in my case I do offer herEmpathy and I think that he did the best when he did not let him train that day until the thing stabilizes, I do not see anything bad because he has done it for his good and there will be good times in which there is no problem and can make a lifeNormal but now it is what it touches; the good thing about this forum is that everyone can give their opinion and I have given mine, I hope it does not bother you, a greeting

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
04/25/2021 9:52 a.m.

Hello good,

Yesterday I went to Burguer King and even without eating all the bread of the hamburger or touching the fried potatoes, 290 postpandral ...

@Elisa74 you go great.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/25/2021 10:24 a.m.

My daughter went from Novorapid to Fiasp about five months ago.She uses a bomb.We have had two things.The first, reconfigure the ratios, that is, what will inject the pump before ingesting food.In general we have gradually lowered the amounts we used with Novorapid.And we still are "perfect."We must go down, a little plus the dinner schedule, but, in general, it is going well.
The second is that for my daughter at least, it is not immediate.The prospect even says you can click after meals.The doctor has recommended waiting for about 25 minutes.(15 We expected before with Novorapid).Well, in our particular cas, my daughter is good for a 10-12 minutes waiting.
Maybe Elisa, trying to wait a little, can help you.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
04/25/2021 12:28 p.m.

Thank you @marine, yes, to have only two months it does not have bad values ​​in general, only some situation that escapes us yet but little by little ...

@Mario_s, thanks to the sensor I have been able to see that after 10 minutes of clicking it, it takes effect, it is very fast, so I have to be careful with some meals that for the fats etc. later in doing the digestion and of course you can make aHipay and then a hyper (that happened to us last night, however in the food it was very good ...).

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 3:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.