Tresiba problems

Regina's profile photo   08/25/2021 8:04 a.m.

Hello!
My daughter changed from Lantus to Tresiba and the first days was doing very well, but she has started down a lot at night.
It started with 17 of Tresiba and already goes for 13 and continues with nocturnal hypos, you have to continue going down Tresiba.Before he put 21 of Lantus.
I do not know if anyone has happened to you and you solve it a lot down the dose of three -tes, or that this insulin is not going ..

Greetings.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2021 8:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, today has been much better, I think that with less than threeiba it already fixes it
It has gone from 21 from Lantus to 12 from Tresiba, it is what I missed ...
But the sensor whistling in 70 two hours last night, and was not low ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2021 2:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Yes, Regina, I used Lantus 19 and three -Use 12, although sometimes by hormonal fabric of the cycle and other days I have to climb

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/25/2021 2:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If in the end the problem last night was the sensor, which did not let her sleep ..., and that she has it in vibration, but she wakes up the same.
I don't know if you can go down to 60 or 55 the alarm and let it sleep if it is 70 ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2021 2:54 p.m.

Regina said:
If in the end the problem last night was the sensor, which did not let her sleep .., and that has it in vibration, but wakes up the same.
I do not know if the alarm can be lowered to 60 or 55 and let it sleep if it is 70 ..

Of course, you can put the alarm for low up to 60 (unless it does not leave you)
In LibreLink I speak.
In diabox even less

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/26/2021 12:02 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelBota, yes, he already told me that he had put it in 60. Let's see if he is right now and sleeps calmly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2021 12:37 a.m.

Regina said:
If in the end the problem last night was the sensor, which did not let her sleep .., and that has it in vibration, but wakes up the same.
I do not know if the alarm can be lowered to 60 or 55 and let it sleep if it is 70 ..

Yes, I have it in 60, less leave.70 is high for me.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/26/2021 12:37 a.m.

Yes, it will be better, because awakening with 70 is not yet hypo ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2021 12:45 a.m.

regina said:
yes, it will be better, because waking with 70, it is not yet hypo ..
>

For me it is not, I am sometimes with 68, I know that it is better 70 but 68 is not exaggerated, with 60 it is necessary to be careful even if you are well, that's why I put it in 60, about it scares me at night.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/26/2021 12:48 a.m.

regina said:
hello!
My daughter changed from Lantus to Tresiba and the first days was doing very well, but she has started down a lot at night.
It started with 17 of Tresiba and already goes for 13 and continues with nocturnal hypos, you have to continue going down Tresiba.Before he put 21 of Lantus.
I do not know if anyone has happened to you and you solve it a lot down the dose of three -tes, or that this insulin is not going ..

Greetings.

And do those housing coincide in capillary too?
Let's see 70 is already hypoglycemia for me, I already feel rare with that figure.
During the day how is it going?
I noticed that the maximum action of Tresiba was at 8h, which coincided with 7 p.m.
And if you try to change the time that is injected?, I say so maybe during the day you will see the progression

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/26/2021 6:29 a.m.

I used 36 U of Lantus twice (20+16) and when I went to Tresiba, I started with 28 units and had many hypos throughout the day, I finished with 24 und.
The Tresiba problem is that it is very flat, I explain myself, for a person who makes a routine x is going well but when you exercise more one day or do nothing, you go to hiccups or hyper very easily.In my case, I had to get up mid -night because I was not able to inhibit dawn but working in the morning, I had 1 or 2 hypos daily.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/26/2021 9:23 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

@Vanessa30, for now the sensors match him very well with the capillary.
Today it has dropped from 160 to 60 in 8 hours at night.It is a lot again. You will have to keep going down.He puts it in the morning.During the day it goes well, for the moment, although the fast will have to go up if it still goes down slowly.
@macarron, yes we see that it is very sensitive, to trace an hypo you need much less hydrates than with Lantus ..
Let's see if the point caught.
Thank you!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2021 11:14 a.m.

Well, tonight's graph has already done very well, between 120 and 90, ... to see ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2021 11:52 a.m.

regina said:
@vanessa30, yes for now the sensors match very well with the capillary.
Today it has dropped from 160 to 60 in 8 hours at night.It is a lot again. You will have to keep going down.He puts it in the morning.During the day it goes well, for the moment, although the fast will have to go up if it still goes down slowly.
@macarron, yes we see that it is very sensitive, to trace an hypo you need much less hydrates than with Lantus ..
Let's see if the point caught.
Thank you!

That he tries to get three later, for example if he does it at 9 am to try at 12 no to see if he is awake, he is seeing with the sensor at the moment he starts going down.
Fast insurance will have to upload that safe

vanessa30
08/26/2021 12:21 p.m.

@ Thank you, @ vanessa30, I think it is almost already.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2021 2:49 p.m.

regina said:
@ thanks, @ vanessa30, I think it is almost already.

Hopefully and you find a way to avoid those nocturnal hypos.
There is no

vanessa30
08/26/2021 3:06 p.m.

I think it is true what they say about the flat of the curve with threeiba, and that it will vary when there are sudden changes of food or activity ... it is sold as greater stability with duration of more than 24 hours ... I don't know how much it influencesStarting to accumulate insulin if it is placed every 24hs ... and make whites at a certain time that in the end they will make it even more unstable ... I think this makes it quite different from the lantus

Kely's profile photo
Kely
08/29/2021 2:07 p.m.

regina said:
>

I have a tremor of hands with 70 and it is hard for me to breathe.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
08/31/2021 2:11 p.m.

Miguelyc said:
regina said:

I have a tremor of hands with 70 and it is hard for me to breathe.

70 is not hypo, it is at the limit but it is not hipp, in fact the normal levels are 70-100.
If that happens to you, your body is.Used to be rather high, but if you start being lower, that feeling is disappearing in not long.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/02/2021 12:37 a.m.

Good as youth diabetic with 40 years of evolution of this disease I would not play with such low levels, waking up with a blood glucose of up to 130 in a diabetic with insulin is an acceptable value and there is no risk of having an Hypo that would take youvalue at 300 later

daniel_pini31's profile photo
daniel_pini31
09/02/2021 2:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.