{'en': 'Free Style and free health coverage', 'es': 'Free Style y la cobertura sanitaria gratuita'} Image

Free Style and free health coverage

vanessa30's profile photo   06/14/2021 3:30 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
@jldiazdel It is true that we have talked about this issue and as you say for the ancients maybe it is difficult to wear something like this.
I do not close not to try it, I will go on the 21st and what you comment, if I see that I feel uncomfortable or I do not adapt because I will return to the old way.
THANK YOU TU WORDS

I am old, old, 54 years of diabetes and I am delighted with the sensor.I still have not been and I have recovered the sensitivity in my fingers, I sleep much more relaxed and not in a state of permanent alert and has greatly improved the HBA1C.Of course, in my opinion any past time was not better, in this dBTES, it is like moving from prehistory to the space era.My quality of life has improved, although it can have its failures, if the global result is an improvement for me is the important thing.BSS

uma's profile photo
uma
06/23/2021 1:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

@uma

I really liked reading your comment!

I have a friend who has diabetes like you, "ancient, ancient" and I have not managed to convince her.I even gave him some sensors and not even those.

But well, each person is a world.

Keep it like this with that control.It's great

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/23/2021 2:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@uma, I am glad to read that your diabetes has improved and above all how convinced I see you.
I have been for 2 days and I am a bit strange.
I will give a time margin and see, thanks 🙂

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
06/23/2021 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@uma, my daughter is going to prescribe it tomorrow, and I hope she adapts well, although she has been with a very quiet glucometer for 25 years. The best is also changing insulin because lately the lantus falls short, it does not last the24 hours.
Are you happy with the Tresiba?It cost you the change?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/23/2021 11:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina said:
@umaBecause lately the lantus falls short, does not last 24 hours.
Are you happy with the Tresiba?It cost you the change?

The change with the Tresiba cost me a lot, it seemed that I did not adapt or I did not understand it, or both.In fact I wanted to leave her, but since I had not already wanted to start again with another and kept me for noses, my endocrine encouraged me to continue and little by little it seemed that the thing was more balanced.I spent several months to take the calm, but in the end I think it was worth the patience inverted, in general I am more stable and especially at night, now I can see that the sensor usually marks a totally straight line.It must also be taken into account that by changing the behavior of glucose with the Tresiba you have to relearn the handling of the rapid and that was where I had more failures.I think that like all changes, if it is better clear, it requires extraordinary patience, observation and not be discouraged by failures, because learning, at least for me, was quite slow.Now I am very happy.
With the sensor you also have to be patient and not pretend to total accuracy because if you do not end neurotic, in the end many of the mistakes that I have made have been for lack of patience and reflection.I have a wide range of 70-180, that for my mental health I prefer to go so strict and the results are quite good.

uma's profile photo
uma
06/24/2021 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

@uma, thanks!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/24/2021 2:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@uma fully agree with what you say.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/24/2021 5:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Vanessa30 are already 30 years that I live with type 1 diabete. The continuous meter or free freeyle sensor 1 or 2 for me after insulin is the best invention and gadget indispensable for all dependent insulin diabetics.It allows me to make a more normal life in quotes, have the fingers of the fingertips of the hand without stigmas.In my case I use the XDRip + Miband 4 + Bubble App and I make it a continuous meter, which allows me to have the registration of glycemia every 5 minutes.When I do my favorite sport cycling I can travel a distance of 150 km 4 hours without problems, none visualizing or occasionally or from time to time my glycemia on the screen of my Garmin 520. You would have already liked to have it before.With this gadget, I can maintain my glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) to an average of 6.4.I leave you an image with the summary of the accessories and apps that I currently use.Encourage these devices will make it easier for you to make decisions in advance Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;
.LUCK

NEKgatoDULCE's profile photo
NEKgatoDULCE
06/27/2021 4:30 p.m.

@Nekgatodulce, thank you very much for your advice, which surely helps more than one

vanessa30
06/27/2021 11:08 p.m.

The one that to control your glycemias continues to turn to the glucometer, travels in tartana lying by a mule.Those of us who use the free style go in a Ford Mustang.
And an old man who has been clicking 40 years.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
06/30/2021 10:19 p.m.

Well, after the week I have had to take off my sensor because I gave me hypoglycemia that I did not feel in my body and in the capillary, I confirmed it to me.
At the moment I continue with the glucometer and I will wait a few days to see if I put a new sensor again.
Each person is a world, what is doing well, no one.

vanessa30
07/01/2021 8:37 a.m.

vanessa30 said:
Well then1 week I have had to take off my sensor because I gave me hypoglycemia that I did not feel in my body and in the capillary, I confirmed it to me.
At the moment I continue with the glucometer and I will wait a few days to see if I put a new sensor again.
Each person is a world, what is doing well, no one.

I don't understand, if you had hypos that marked the sensor and glucometer confirmed it to you, why did you take it off?I am from the opinion of a forero who has written above, today with the techniques that we have, it is infinitely easier to carry good control, if I had all this when I debuted 40 years ago, everything would have remained easier and better.I only advise you to use it, you have to have a control as close to that of a person without dB to avoid complications, the measure of the possible, and that is not achieved with the Glucometer PQ you can not be clicking your fingersevery 5 min.I carry the free 2 for two years financed (I bought it before), and I have spent spectacularly the gly to less than 6, I have a clock and an application series to have continuous measurement in my watch, I am eating, doing sports or workingAnd I have only to look at the clock.Do what you want, obviously each one is free to do what it creates convenient, but I assure you that when you have been in DB for many years, things look differently and if you have the opportunity to control yourself well from the beginning, I advise you toDo not waste it.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/01/2021 6:10 p.m.

I was reading other issues and I have seen that you wrote @meginer.
Maybe I did not express myself well with my explanation, what I wanted to say is that the sensor marked me 66 and I did not have the feeling of hypoglycemia in my body, it is more the glucometer confirmed that it was not so, because I said 160.
Maybe that sensor was wrong and that's why I asked Abbot the change.
Even so, I've been 39 for 38 with diabetes and until 1 week without a sensor and I have been able to carry it quite well.Merci 😉

vanessa30
07/01/2021 6:16 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
I was reading other topics and I have seen that you wrote @meginer.
Maybe I did not express myself well with my explanation, what I wanted to say is that the sensor marked me 66 and I did not have the feeling of hypoglycemia in my body, it is more the glucometer confirmed that it was not so, because I said 160.
Maybe that sensor was wrong and that's why I asked Abbot the change.
Even so, I've been 39 for 38 with diabetes and until 1 week without a sensor and I have been able to carry it quite well.Merci 😉

Ah it is, so that the sensor was bad anyway on the first day there may be important differences, I always change the sensor 12 h before activating it so that it is permeated and the measures are more accurate.
Then we have more or less the same time as DB I have had problems with the view, so now with the technologies that we have, I try to be as strict as possible.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/01/2021 6:39 p.m.

@meginer I will try to put it on.
I agree with you that the best control is vital.
I hope that the view could stop on time and well, now as you said your control is great

vanessa30
07/01/2021 6:45 p.m.

@Vanessa30.I have been with diabetes for 39 and using the sensor for just over four months.At first I overwhelm a little because the sensor has the "inconvenience" that it constantly reminds you that you have diabetes.Without a sensor I lived so quiet without seeing the "disaster" that supposes to eat according to what things.You have to be patient and "pass" those rare or absurd measurements that sometimes mark the sensor.You will see how you will get little by little to understand how the sensor works and best of all, your pull and your glycosylated hemoglobin will improve.Cheer up!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/02/2021 9:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Hi, I'm new in the forum.Let's see if someone can help me.I've been in type II diabetes and I am insulin dependent.Not being diabetics of type I in Social Security does not give me freestyle readers.I want to buy it on my own, trying to spend as little as possible and that I do not find out!
I have called Freestyle and they tell me that I have to buy a sensor every 14 days (55 or 59 euros according to the model) since it has to be put with a disposable applicator that joins the container.There are one very clear tutorial videos and, up to there, all good, although the expense is considerable since it would be 600 euros/year.
On the other hand in Amazon I find some patches of MySweetstitch, which seem compatible with freestyle 1 and 2, and go to 1.29 euros each.The price has nothing to do ... which surprises me a lot.
Could I use those 'cheap' patches and read them with the freestyle app?And how are they placed?since they do not seem to come with a container or with applicator.
I appreciate any clarification in this regard.Greetings, Marinairene

MarinaIrene's profile photo
MarinaIrene
07/03/2021 5:41 p.m.

@Marinairene, the freestyle sensor lasts 14 days, so you need two per month.You can buy it on the Freestylelibre.es page and it is worth 60 euros.
The other you name are patches to protect the sensor, like a sticker and have them very varied.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/03/2021 6:26 p.m.

Thank you very much, clarified the mess.
Greetings, Marina

MarinaIrene's profile photo
MarinaIrene
07/03/2021 8:30 p.m.

Before being subsidized and just spending the test period with some "selected volunteers" to carry and answer a motion of questions about them almost every two days, they were better.
In the sense that the difference with the capillary was minor (although to me a difference of more than 10 points in something in which the health is going, it seemed excessive).Now, on many occasions they have a difference of more than 100.
Another thing that has also worsened is holding.Those of tests, before launching them to the market, we had to remove them with a spatula, and left some ronchones that you threw a good time giving the scourer.It is true that they also left red and purple in the skin, but you could dive with them in the sea several minutes and nothing happened to them, the needles (those of before when to bald them, how you would catch a capillary ............... You did not stop bleeding and left you a lump).
They initially went on sale 2 x 140 €.Now I think this is € 52
But Shora looks out.In less than two hours I have fallen, simply take a jump, and I no longer tell you with sweat (7 in 20 days of heat of July this year, with their respective calls and complaints to the SAT) that by the way, oneThey gave me an error code.Apparently, sweat was in the system and annoyed.And it is worth a lot with little, but those of previously endured me and for example the glue of the pump cannulas if he can hold.How is that of sensors?It will be to sell bandages, spray glue and all those solutions that did not exist a few years ago ............ In any case in Europe and America in general, the end user, that is, we startedTo tell their endocrine that they returned to the strips on these issues, together with the fact that some social and doctors systems of some countries no longer subsidize them, falling Abbot's actions, generating lost.Perhaps that is why they have reduced glue in them, in addition to suppressing the wipes that came (hoping to recover those losses I suppose).
And yes, most likely in the next appointment with my endocrine, I tell you that I don't want them.I have been a lot of problem this summer.Between what they fail they take off and that for them they reduced the number of strips ..... I have thrown days without knowing how I am.Nor you throw because for that they give me the sensor (they give me the fair) and without a sensor (or with the but with unreal measures that are not worth me at all) because it has fallen two days.Blindly that I have gone, and to go like this .............. it will be that no.Because speaking Abbot, they haven't given me solutions either.Step of walking his arms with his needles at all.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
09/12/2021 11:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.