{'en': 'Free Style and free health coverage', 'es': 'Free Style y la cobertura sanitaria gratuita'} Image

Free Style and free health coverage

vanessa30's profile photo   06/14/2021 3:30 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I know there is already information about here about freestyle, but I have not known how to see the price of the sensors.

Let's see .... The endocrine has notified me to get one.

The truth is not very funny, because I have been with reactive strips that I think I will not be able to get used to.

The thing is that I would like to know if the sensors also give them every month in the outpatients, or I would have to buy them.

If so, I suppose it will be a rather high annual expense and I sincerely cannot afford it.

Thanks for the information!

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
06/14/2021 3:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good!Let's see, if you prescribe it, you would supposedly subsidized by Social Security.I do not use free because right now I carry a Medtronic bomb and they gave me their respective CGM, but when I used the free, you had to go to the health center at every time and they give it to you.I think I remember that free2 has a useful life of 14 days, so it would be 2 sensors per month.When I bought 1 to try (I talk to you a long time ago 😅) I cost me each around € 50.But I already tell you, if your doctor prescribes it, you would enter a waiting list in your community and call you when you touch you to go to the health center or your nurse and explain a bit how the thing is going.From there you would go for them.And do not change for anything life with a sensor, you have much more control and you find out of peaks or changes in glucose than without the sensor you would not find out.Find out with your doctor and see hehe ... greeting!

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
06/14/2021 7:43 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

In my case, an Abbott commercial gave us the hospital training talk, and in some communities the sensors received them at home by messaging, in shipments of 6 to 7 units, it will have the 26 annuals that correspond to us, we do not go to the hospital tofor them as if we are going for the strips.

Greetings

perlman's profile photo
perlman
06/14/2021 9:17 p.m.

Ah perfect, then it is as you tell me @Andrem and in this month the educator in the hospital already gives it to me, so the sensors will also be included, I will ask.
Even so after 28 years with diabetes, I will be strange to live so guarded 😅
@perlman, nse in the hospital as the delivery.
Thanks to the 2

vanessa30
06/14/2021 9:50 p.m.

Well, surely you discover new things.My brother started using it two years ago, when they were prescribed, after 20 years of diabetes and is delighted.
I started in December and I bought it and I really learned a lot and gives me peace of mind with the alarms at night since I live alone.
I warn you that sometimes it is not very accurate but guides a lot.
When you start using it, you tell us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/15/2021 2:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelBota, thanks for what you explain to me.
This month I go and see how such, I already say I don't know if I will get used to
I will tell you clearly

vanessa30
06/15/2021 6:56 p.m.

@Vanessa30

In some theme of the forum we have exchanged opinions and sensations about the use of the sensor.

As I said, the reaction is very different among people with many years of diabetes and the most newbies like me.

In general, for veterans the sensor is like a burden, a nuisance, something you have never needed.For those who have started later, it is life, not click on the fingers, know how you are glycemia!What tranquility!

For both groups I think you have to know how to use the sensor, and the problem is that they don't really teach you.You have to look like when you get hair controls, and that's it.Looking at the sensor at half an hour of eating is dangerous.You can do it but only if you are very aware of what you really see.The sensor also has a delay, about 15 to 25 m regarding blood medication, something that sometimes with the hurry is forgotten, but is fundamental.And you have to look a lot at your trend.If you are down and the sensor says 100, you are not at 100!But in 90 or 80, it depends on the curve.

But in my opinion, if you learn to use and interpret it, it is extremely useful.It will tell you how your body has reacted to different meals.

If after a while you don't like it, it does not improve your quality of life, leave it.You already know how to control your glycemia!

You will tell us

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/15/2021 7:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel It is true that we have talked about this issue and as you say for the ancients it may be difficult to wear something like that.
I do not close not to try it, I will go on the 21st and what you comment, if I see that I feel uncomfortable or I do not adapt because I will return to the old way.
Thanks for your words

vanessa30
06/15/2021 8:45 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@vanessa30

In some theme of the forum we have exchanged opinions and sensations about the use of the sensor.

As I said, the reaction is very different among people with many years of diabetes and the most newbies like me.

In general, for veterans the sensor is like a burden, a nuisance, something you have never needed.For those who have started later, it is life, not click on the fingers, know how you are glycemia!What tranquility!

For both groups I think you have to know how to use the sensor, and the problem is that they don't really teach you.You have to look like when you get hair controls, and that's it.Looking at the sensor at half an hour of eating is dangerous.You can do it but only if you are very aware of what you really see.The sensor also has a delay, about 15 to 25 m regarding blood medication, something that sometimes with the hurry is forgotten, but is fundamental.And you have to look a lot at your trend.If you are down and the sensor says 100, you are not at 100!But in 90 or 80, it depends on the curve.

But in my opinion, if you learn to use and interpret it, it is extremely useful.It will tell you how your body has reacted to different meals.

If after a while you don't like it, it does not improve your quality of life, leave it.You already know how to control your glycemia!

You will tell us

@Vanessa30
That is why I put my brother.They are the two cases.
I, like Jldiazdel, have practically started sensor diabetes.But my brother has started using it after 20 years and is delighted.Everything is a matter of keeping the benefits, which exceed the inconveniences.Look that I have sometimes renegated, when it has given me scares with very high values ​​and ascending arrows and were a lie.But in those cases you click, check and that's it.And as much as they verify, they will always be less punctures than only with the strips and subsidized by Social Security ... there is no need to think about it.
And see your daily graphics, HG estimate, the advantage of alarms ... a bestial advance.
It has been very angry when I fail because I pay it and my pocket hurts ... 😂😂
But prescribed ... a bargain.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/15/2021 10:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelBota, if it is subsidized by the S.S and very happy that I am clear.
I already said before, that I will try it and maybe I am surprised ... who knows 😉

vanessa30
06/15/2021 10:32 p.m.

I am from the old way, I have been with him three months and I have not known howNow I have removed it,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/15/2021 11:59 p.m.

@Fer1803 esq we are used to living with diabetes in another way.It is the same as telling it hydrates, as I did not have an educator until after 10 years of the beginning of diabetes, I have never counted rations or anything, I have eaten and adapted doses in my opinion.
I guess like everything in life, we have always lived without mobile and nothing happened.There were other ways to communicate

vanessa30
06/16/2021 7:47 a.m.

vanessa30 said:
ah perfect, then it is as you tell me @Andrem and in this month the educator in the hospital already gives it to me, so the sensors will also be included, I will ask.
Even so after 28 years with diabetes, I will be strange to live so guarded 😅
@perlman, nse in the hospital as the delivery.
Thanks to the 2

I take 40 to diabetes, Vanessa, and hopefully these means could have had when I started, that insulin was pork and there were no glucometers.Don't even think about it.I already dropped from 7.6 from gly to 6, I have been wearing almost three years, at first I paid them, from January 2020 they began to finance them to all type 1 dm and in my community they are sent to my house for messenger, eight sensors every four months.I am happy with the service and I do not know anything, it is totally free.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/19/2021 12:57 p.m.

@meginer, I know what you are talking about what we didn't have before.
When I take it to see what a feeling I have.
Thanks to you too

vanessa30
06/19/2021 4:22 p.m.

In Catalonia we send the sensors home by messenger, more or less every 4 months.The endocrine can directly consult the evolution of glycemia and this helps him a lot to refine the guideline and is of course a very good tool to know for example as we are during the night or in each part of the day.

Ton 's profile photo
Ton
06/20/2021 10:33 a.m.

I am renowned the endocrine in May, but you have to go through the educator nurse before and this did not meet until November, so I am waiting to see if before the end of the year I finance the SS.

By the way, in Madrid you have to pick them up at the health center or send them home?

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
06/20/2021 12:37 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Hello, from the first day we went to an endocrine of a public hospital and every two months our health center gives us the sensors for those two months.Our experience with Freesyle is generally good although there are days or even sensors that fail.When we have failed some we keep it and take it to the health center and give us another without problem.

sofi's profile photo
sofi
06/20/2021 12:37 p.m.

How long for the educator !!It was the endocrine who sent me to her and has been very fast.
Let's see how the sensors will deliver, if in the health center or in the hospital.
I live in Catalonia too, but no idea if it is by communities or by cities such as sensor deliveries

vanessa30
06/20/2021 2:43 p.m.

pramru said:
I prescribe the endocrine in May, but you have to go through the educating nurse before and this did not give me until November, so I am waiting to see if beforethat the year finished the ss.

By the way, in Madrid you have to pick them up at the health center or send them home?

The first ones are given by diabetological nurses and the following 4 in your health center, your nurse will give them to you along with the needles.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2021 11:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for the clarification

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
06/21/2021 6:19 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.